[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mainline Pokemon games never leak internally before they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1489615712721.png (258KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1489615712721.png
258KB, 1024x576px
>mainline Pokemon games never leak internally before they're officially announced
>sequel games in a generation never come out so quickly after the original
Why are people so confident in this again?
>>
>>32493314
>sequel games in a generation never come out so quickly after the original
We literally have only ever had one single fucking sequel, that's not enough to form a pattern argument you dumbass.
>>
>>32493365
Obviously refers to games like Emerald and Platinum too
>>
>>32493451
those arnt sequels those are just third installments. All those do is enhance the main games with some postgames and fixed up features and a more fleshed out experience (which is why the third installments are always the best games btw)
>>
>>32493467
Yes but they're still the same concept, for simplicity sake I called them "sequels" for lack of a better term
>>
>>32493479
No, they're not the same concept. Fixing an old game and re-releasing it is not the same as creating a completely new game that is sequel to the old game.
>>
>>32493579
You're reading too much into this.

OP is basically lumping third versions and sequels together.
>>
>>32493579
BW2 having a "2" on the cover doesn't make the concept radically different. Emerald and Platinum had a new story and areas as well, BW2 just did a better job at it.
>>
>>32493579
third version
>Expore same region with minor touch ups
sequel
>Explore same region with minor touch ups, and new story
>>
>>32493623
>Emerald and Platinum had a new story
They did not. They had the same story as RS and DP but with minor changes.
>>
>>32493660
still can be seen as "new" really.
>>
>>32493467
You care way too much about the use of the word. OP got his point across why are you so hung up over it?
the climax for PT and Emerald were radically different, Ill call them sequels faggy.
>>
>>32493918
Then you call them wrong.
>>
>>32493927
And I don't care, let your autism flow through you
>>
>>32493927
Stop it... Get some help.
>>
>>32493608
Which OP has no right doing if they were even remotely familiar with the franchise.
>>
>>32493953
>no right
How old are you?
>muh respected video game franchise
lol you guys are ridiculous
>>
>>32493967
Back to plebbit with you then kiddo
>>
>>32493678
If you're braindead it can.
>>
>>32493977
Got me good there you little autismal fuck
>>
>>32493365
Ignoring the stupid "semantics wars", i agree with op. Theres really no reason to get a third installment of sm right now.

It hasn't even been a year yet since the gen 7 games release.

A d/p remake make much more sense.
Atleast it used to be that way(new gen>remake of old gen>third installment of current gen>new gen)
>>
Sun and Moon's code name leaked awhile before they were revealed. Stars could very well be a code name. The pattern of how games released in the past also can't be applied to now. It's a different time they may do things differently.
>>
A third version makes sense this year if they're moving to the Switch. Which the Stars rumor states they are. Not saying that it's real, but it makes sense as to why the next game would be Alola again.
>>
>>32494289
The next game that comes out isn't going to be on the Switch. GF is still hiring for positions for the switch game you know how long it takes to make a game? Which means the next game to come out is already in production which = 3ds release.

MAYBE up scaled to switch if you actually think GF could pull that off which I seriously don't think they could lol which is extremely sad but I don't have much faith in them.
>>
>>32494305
Again I'm not saying I think the next game are going to be on Switch just that the Stars rumor states it will be.

That said I wouldn't say it's not a possibility. They've presumably had devkits for awhile now at least over a year. If Stars is just a third version of Sun and Moon most of the work is already done. Giving Pokemon games relatively short development cycles they've had plenty of time to get it on the Switch.
>>
>>32493982
When something is "new", that doesn't mean that something has to be 100% new.

Hell, I could say B2W2 don't have a new story because it's just facing off Plasma and Kyurem again.
>>32493953
>OP has no right to lump sequels and third versions together knowing GameFreak has done third versions and sequels after every mainline set of games, except 1 and possibly 2 generations.

God you sound retarded.

>>32494225
>Atleast it used to be that way(new gen>remake of old gen>third installment of current gen>new gen)
The pattern was like this -
new gen > remake > final > new gen > final > remake > new gen > final > new gen > remake > new gen
It was only like that for 3rd gen.
>>
Sun and Moon were leaked tho
>>
>>32496532
Sun and Moon's logos were released for copyright before they were leaked.

Lunala, Solgaleo, and Marshadow's names were released for copyright before that too.
>>
File: IMG_7056.jpg (15KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7056.jpg
15KB, 500x282px
>>32493938
>>32493950
>I can't be proven wrong
>>
>>32493982
>>32493660
>>32493579
Look at it in terms you can understand:
Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, Emerald, BW2 all cost you the same amount of Good Boy Points
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.