[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crabrawler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_oc668qRGXt1s3w6c6o1_1280.jpg (296KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc668qRGXt1s3w6c6o1_1280.jpg
296KB, 1024x1024px
I thought this guy was gonna be one of the "big ones" of Gen 7, like popular and consistently marketed, but he more-or-less completely vanished

What went wrong?
>>
>>32480434
Crapominable is what went wrong.
>>
File: 740Crabominable.png (118KB, 439x439px) Image search: [Google]
740Crabominable.png
118KB, 439x439px
>>32480434
This is what went wrong.
I still like it
>>
Shit evolution that only has a small niche in Trick Room. Combine that with a garbage type and you have one of the most disappointing Gen 7 mons. GF even had the audacity to show Crabrawler killing threats like M-Kanga during its reveal to hype it up only for it to be a disappointment.
>>
>>32480434
What went wrong is Crabominable should have had at least 80 Speed so it could be at least as impactful as Mamoswine.
>>
if it was a strong or at least semi-usable standalone like Heracross/Mimikyu/Pinsir/Zangoose, im guessing it wouldve been more popular

its design feels so complete its hard to build on it, so i guess they needed to throw all of its endearing qualities away with crabominable
>>
>>32480434
>>32480444
Don't you guys think that Crabominable feels more like a "Alolan form" rather than a proper evolution? The dex even says that it had to adapt to live in cold mountains, that's why it evolved... But Alolan Vulpix/Sandshrew are not evolutions, but just alternate forms, so idk it should at least be a counterpart instead of evolution.
>>
>>32480444
Exeggcute a cute
But Crabominable is not that far back as an egg pokemon
>>
>>32480434
Instead of water/bug or fight/bug it is just fight type. Makes no sense
>>
>>32480434
Crabmelee is more popular
>>
>>32480444
Fur Coat when
>>
Crabominable and Crabrawler really should've been like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, counterparts.
>>
>>32480434
He's complete liquid dogshit that's what happened
>>
>>32480434

Crabrawler is one of my favorite mons

I like Crabominable too, i just wish it was a separate pokemon and it wasn't so useless.
>>
>>32480893
This. When I first saw Crabominable I assumed that's what they were, with Brawler being the more offensive of the two and Crabominable being the defensive one, since its claws reminded me of those punch paddle things you'd see a trainer holding for a boxer to hit.
>>
>>32480444
>>32480912
wow this is exactly how I feel

See, I think the draw for me personally is that Crabrawler and Crabominable are so different thematically, and I REALLY would have preferred if they kept their boxing coconut crab Pokemon and literal yeti crab Pokemon unrelated to each other, because now we have a literal yeti crab that is forced to be part Fighting type, which obviously does more harm than help to it.

I dunno, it just seems like they just made the 2 crabs related just because both are part of the group of crabs that are "untrue" crabs (true crabs are things like the typical crab one thinks of when they hear the word "crab"; untrue crabs are all the other crabs that aren't true crabs, like hermit crabs, squat lobsters, porcelain crabs, and of course coconut crabs and yeti crabs. True crabs tuck their tails under their bodies).
>>
>>32480434
>>32480444
It became one of those pokemon that are too good for the mainstream and are only liked by patricians with taste.
>>
File: Crabetter.png (75KB, 494x297px) Image search: [Google]
Crabetter.png
75KB, 494x297px
>>32480434
Crabrawler could've safely had a little more stats, considering you were generally unlikely to encounter one.

Crabominable was a mistake.
>theme is washed up old boxer who didn't make it, textbook sad case
>shits on Crabrawler's theme of determination and always aiming higher
>design is offensively horrid, also because of fucking terrible theme
>evolves at the very end but has the shitastic stats of a poor midgame mon
>slow with a good offensive typing, slow with a shit defensive typing
>movepool is pretty awful all round, no priority to patch up speed issues
>abilities are mediocre at best and largely outclassed

>it's existence means Crabrawler will never get the evolution it deserves
>>
>>32481032
>Still posting this terrible edit
Stop.
>>
>>32481032
>Crabrawler will never get the evolution it deserves
Wait a few gens.

Crabducter (Dark)
Crabyssal (Water)
Crabolisher (Rock)
Crabnormal (Ghost)
Crabhorrent (Poison)
Crabrogator (Dragon)
Crabstract (Psychic)
Crabeyant (Ground)
>>
>>32481062
>Crabnormal
I kek
>>
>>32481050
finally someone else shares my opinion that that redesign is shit.
>>
File: sag.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
sag.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>32481050
>>32481159
How much does it say when a terrible edit is still leagues better than the actual design?
>>
File: 14334-25911.png (79KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
14334-25911.png
79KB, 320x240px
>>32481194
>Leagues better
>Has zero resemblance of a yeti whatsoever
Anon, you can hate on the real thing for not appealing to your aesthetic tastes, but saying that it's leagues better in every aspect is just wrong.
>>
>>32480442
>132 attack
>great trick room speed
> ice hammer and close combat
>>
>>32480434
idk, if crabominable get priority and other good moves like wood hammer, it could be quite scary with trick room
>>
>>32481694
Ice Shard is not too unrealistic as a tutor move in future gen, but I fear Gamefreak is too thick-headed to understand that the meta would greatly benefit by a mon with an ability that sets Trick Room (as long as they only give it to a single mon and they don't make it too overcentralizing like Tapu Lele).
>>
>>32481739
yea, i hope there will be an auto trick room ability /trick room extender. pokemon like vikavolt, crabominable, and choice band snorlax would appreciate that
>>
>>32481194
you'll have to show me this terrible redesign that's leagues better than the real design, because i'm yet to see it in this thread.
>>
File: 121_May7_ThereWasAnAttempt.png (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
121_May7_ThereWasAnAttempt.png
17KB, 500x500px
>>32481032
Hello! I'm the artist who made this.

Even I don't like it anymore. Right after making it, I was still contemplating what I could do better or what I messed up on. It's pretty lame, I gotta say.

If I had to change what I started, It'd look something more like pic related.
>>
>>32480434
>shitty evolution
>worst crustacean mon
>>
>>32482174
Much better, though I'd keep the yellow hair and make the left eye squint only a bit in a bent fashion instead of being fully closed.
>>
>>32482174
Nice job.
>>
File: 121_May7_ThereWasAnAttempt2.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
121_May7_ThereWasAnAttempt2.png
18KB, 500x500px
>>32482209
Instead of the gross yellow, I think this off-yellow-orange color would work better. I tried splashing it on his claw-fur too.
>>
>>32482271
Can you remove the pecs?
>>
>>32482341
Tried it, didn't look as good.
>>
>>32480434
crabominable is my most hated pokemon I believe.
crawbralwers design is just much better, it should not evolve. make it water fighting, give it solid stats for scarf and give it adaptability. couildve been an okay wallbreaker/ revenge killer

something like
crabrawler @ choice scarf
adaptability

(BST: 465)

Crabhammer
Close Combat
Earthquake
(additional coverage)

would that be OP?
>>
>>32483402
Most certainly not, but I'm kinda tired of seeing Adaptability slapped on things as a fix-all.

If Crabrawler was a standalone Pokemon, the typing and stats you proposed are fine. Give it Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Drain Punch and Ice Punch, let Crabhammer be boosted by Iron Fist, and buff Iron Fist to a 1.3x multiplier.
>>
>>32483762
>buff Iron Fist to a 1.3x multiplier.
wew didnt even now iron fist was this bad
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.