[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /vp/'s opinion on alola forms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: zAh1mk0.jpg (178KB, 700x938px) Image search: [Google]
zAh1mk0.jpg
178KB, 700x938px
What's /vp/'s opinion on alola forms?
>>
>>32476825
Some are neat, others are silly or didn't really amount to much, and in general, if they were going to make this idea, they should've made more of them.
>>
>>32476825
Hit and Miss. Ninetales, Sandslash, Muk, Marowak and Raichu are cool, unique and change drasically, which is very appealing and i'd like to see more of them. On the other hand you have stuff like Exeggutor, Golem and Dugtrio that just grow random hair/get a bit bigger to make them look whackier... it's not really that cool and though some of the concepts are cool they could've been executed better. For the Raticate and Persian line I can only say that making an even worse version of Raticate while also making it fucking fat wasn't really a good thing to do and garfield bootleg Persian ruined that smug and sassy looking Alolan Meowth.
>>
>>32476825
Alolan Exeggutor was the only one that looked like an original design. The others are basically recolors. So it was overall shit.
>>
>>32476825
raichu is cool. vulpix is cute while ninetails is beautiful. marowak and sandslash look awesome. exeggutor is meh. rattata and raticate look okay. meowth looks pretty good while Persian looks like it walked face first into a beehive. dugtrio looks fabulous while the geodude line looks weird as heck. that's my opinion though
>>
>>32476825
>Well-Done
Raichu
Grimer/Muk
Marowak

>Decent
Sandshrew/Sandslash
Vulpix Ninetales
Meowth

>Mediocre
Exeggutor
Rattata/Raticate

>Bad
Diglett/Dugtrio

>Literal Garbage
Persian
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
>>
Some of them are alright but I don't like the concept as a whole. I'd rather get all-new pokemon.
>>
>>32476825
Pretty cool and great idea. I like the fact that it gives new life into the old stale pokemon that you keep seeing.

I really wish that GF would go out all on making regional forms for every old pokemon in a new region.
>>
>>32476825
I liked the initial idea or when it had some kind of pattern. Ice Vulpix and Sandshrew just went off the rails. Especially adding secondary types when the Kanto version only had one.

I don't hate them per say but eh.

Meowth could at least have got a coin change.
>>
>>32476825
Interesting concept that was poorly exegguted.

There should have been Alolan forms for Pokemon outside of the Kanto region. Screw the 20th anniversary, fuck Pokemon Go, fuck the gen 1 pandering that's been happening since gen VI. I'm so sick of it that I may think any future tiny pointless reference is disgusting.
>>
>>32476825
I wish there were more of them.
>>
>>32476944
>Screw the 20th anniversary, fuck Pokemon Go, fuck the gen 1 pandering that's been happening since gen VI. I'm so sick of it that I may think any future tiny pointless reference is disgusting.
are you me?

also i used like kanto and gen 1 before gen 6 happened.
>>
by design

>Perfect
Ninetales, Raichu, Marowak
>Good
Exeggutor, Muk, Sandslash
>Eh
Persian
>Shit
Dugtrio, Raticate, Golem
>>
Overall I think they're a harmless and fun idea, with a variety of results as to design and viability, but at least none of the designs got worse
>>
>>32476944
>interesting concept that was poorly exegguted.
Kek.

But yeah. Most of them have more-or-less identical movesets (except Ice Beam instead of Flamethrower), and they really fail to carve out their own niche.

To be honest I don't even mind that they're all Kanto mons, but there's so few of them (90% are basically just dex-fillers) that as a whole they really fail to make an impact.
>>
>>32477104
>but at least none of the designs got worse
Golem says hi.
>>
>>32477180
Idk, some have some neat changes in movesets and abilities. Like how Alola-Persian gets Fur Coat, or how Alola-Exeggutor gets Flamethrower and Earthquake unlike the normal form.
>>
>>32477104
Only ones that didn't were Exeggutor, Marowak and Vulpix. All the others are either a step down or are absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: 1485509876751.jpg (173KB, 550x522px) Image search: [Google]
1485509876751.jpg
173KB, 550x522px
>>32476825
They're amazing. They're new Pokemon in everything but name, but I'm already used to seeing them. It's a great feeling. The only ones I dislike is Alolan Golem and Raticate, the rest are brilliant. Even then, I say "dislike", but I just mean I wouldn't use them. I don't dislike them as Pokemon.

The thing related to Alolan forms I dislike the most are the faggots who complain about them being Kanto only.
>>
>>32477208
That's true.

But then there's mons like Raticate, which get nothing new except a type change.

Alolan Muk would've been a perfect candidate for Psychic Fangs, for instance.
>>
>God Tier
-Vulpix/Ninetales
-Muk
-Exeggutor
-Sandshrew/Sandslash
>Good Tier
-Marowak
-Meowth
>Okay Tier
-Raichu
-Rattata/Raticate
>Bad Tier
-Grimer
-Golem
>Shit Tier
-Persian
-Diglett/Dugtrio
-Geodude/Graveler
>>
>>32476825
I like the idea of Alola forms but hate it when GF count it as a new Pokemon. For example we only have 1 new ice type Crabominable in Gen 7 because GF count Alala Ninetale/Sandshrew line as new ice type mons.
>>
>>32476825
I like what we got, but I wish we had more than what we got
Hopefully we'll get more regional variants in future regions
>>
Cool idea. Lazy execution. Most of the designs are ugly as fuck. Some felt incredibly unnecessary as well. For exemple: Alolan-Muk.
I like it but its shiny color is what the original Muk should have been all along, coupled with the Dark typing and all that. Why didn't they just retyped Muk when Gen 2 introduced the Dark type? And on the other hand, I hate Alolan Grimer, and think it's one of the worst designs ever made.
Same for Dugtrio, stupid design and completely unnecessary. They even boosted regular Dugtrio's attack, while A-Dugtrio has 10 less Speed.
Finally, I also don't like the low number of them and how they're all form of Gen 1 mons, ignoring the other gens entirely.
>>
>>32476855
This.
>>
>>32476825
With the exception of Raticate, Grimer, and Golem, I really liked all of them. I hope we get Sinnohan or something forms in the DP remake.
>>
File: of4djie0991tfbir0o1_1280.png (2MB, 788x1088px) Image search: [Google]
of4djie0991tfbir0o1_1280.png
2MB, 788x1088px
Beautiful and strong
A-Muk gets an A+
>>
>>32476944
>happening since gen VI
XY are not the games that forced you to use 151 monsters you had never seen before, nor were the Kalos Pokemon shockingly similarly-designed to the Kanto ones.
This will make unovabortions mad but Black and White pandered to Kanto more than any other game.
>>
>>32477938
>the generation that forced us to use all-new pokemon rather than the glorious genwun pokemon was kanto pandering
You're fucking insane Kalosperm. BW pissed off the original guard so hard they're still apologizing to us. t genwunner
>>
>>32476825
There should've been more, and from more generations, or none at all.
>>
>>32477957
Well the fanbase's reception was obviously quite different from what Gamefreak intended, look at how much they backpedaled it in BW2.
I am neither a Kalosperm nor a Genwunner, my favorite region is Sinnoh.
>>
>>32477970
Oh of course the sinnohfetus thinks the following generation is shit
>>
>>32477990
And I never said I disliked Gen 5, I only said it was an attempt and pandering to Gen 1. You make an ass of yourself when you assume.
>>
>>32477938
>This will make unovabortions mad but Black and White pandered to Kanto more than any other game
No doubt about it. But it was done well. Hell, the whole dex was basically a reference to Gen I. The difference is that it still revolved around Gen V. Roggenrola is an Unovan Geodude, but it is still unmistakenly an Unovan pokemon.

I feel that restricting use to only Gen V Pokemon was the best idea they had. Being forced to use something new really made it feel like I was a little kid playing Gen I for the first time again. I've played White 4 times and White2 3 times because I always get to use something new. The story is meh, but finding new bros is always great.
>>
>>32476825
Alolan Muk is ugly as sin. Regular muk is a bro and deserved that retyping and dark type moves.
>>
>>32476825
Wasted potential with all these lol so silly, quirky and randumb XD like persian and dugtrio
>>
>>32476825
>god tier
Ninetales line
Sandslash line
Raichu
Marowak

>ridiculously high tier
Exeggutor
Meowth line

>high tier
Diglett line
Grimer line

>mid tier
Rattata line

>low tier
Geodude line
>>
>>32478048
Alolan muk will always be better in everyway than regular muk.
>>
>Excellent
Vulpix/Ninetails
Exeggutor
Marowak

>Great
Sandshrew/Sandslash
Raichu
Meowth
Ratatta
Grimer

>Good
Muk
Persian

>Acceptable
Raticate
Golem
Dugtrio

>Nah
Diglett
Geodude/Graveler

Overall, they're all pretty decent. Better than most new Alolan mon, even. Hopefully they keep up with the regional form idea and do Kanto/Sinnoh/Kalos/More Alolans in the next game.
>>
Some look cool, but I would have much preferred entirely new Pokemon instead
>>
Alolan Ninetales makes me glad to be alive. Ninetales is my favorite pokemon, and ice is my favorite type.
>>
>>32476825
I think Alolan Rattata is adorable so
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.