[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trick room counters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: trick room team.jpg (121KB, 1266x712px) Image search: [Google]
trick room team.jpg
121KB, 1266x712px
Going to the battle spot in pokemon sun, I used a trick room team. Out of ten battles that I had in there, I won 8. I by no means am a master when it comes to battles, but an 80% success rate for anything (well almost anything) is too much. So is there any way to counter teams like this? Besides spamming protect and being lucky enough to have a trick room user, how would you counter this team? Also team synergy thread.

pic related, it's the team combo I used.
>>
Care to share the details on this team? Like stats and sets? I'm interested in making one but I've never used it before.

to be completely honest I probably just want a reason to use Reuniclus.
>>
Are both the polygon and reuniclus tr setters? Ive been meaning to make a tr team and wonder if having 2 tr mons or half fast/half slow would be better
>>
>>32475946
give me a sec to type it all out....
>>
>>32475795
I'd imagine my first choice against a team like this would be bisharp, knock off hurts half of them while ruining poryong2 and iron head for the crab

Pretty much any strong knock off user is a threat, then I'd back it up with counters to crabominable and guzzlord
>>
>>32475795
The answer to how you counter it is taunt
>>
I have three trick room setters on the team: porygon, reuniclus and oranguru.the porygon holding a eviolite giving it a bit of bulk. Reuniclus holds a life orb but with magic guard it won't take any damage, and the oranguru holds a focus sash so I have at least one trick room set up in the battle.
>>
>>32475795
Fast taunt leads fuck up trick room in my experience, but smart play can get around it. Other than that, nothing I can think of off the top of my head that specifically fucks trick room
>>
>>32475795
prankster for taunt or encore users
>>
I usually lead with the oranguru and slowbro. first I set up trick room with oranguru then put up a calm mind with slowbro. When the slowbro goes next turn I use psychic/scald with the oranguru using instruct to make it use calm mind again. it usually ohko's most pokemon from the battles I had online
>>
>>32475795
in what way is Crabominable better than Conkeldurr
>>
the only time I came across any taunt users was in the battle tree weirdly when I was first testing this team out. Not one person I came across in online play ran taunt. here's a code for one of the battles I had earlier today to get an idea of most teams I ran into.

NP2W-WWWW-WWW6-SQUU
>>
>>32476053
I don't have a conkeldurr....but an ice type can deal with ground types like landorus and dual dragon typeslike dragonite, garchomp, rayquaza etc easier. at least imo
>>
>>32476097
But Conkeldurr is catchable via Island Scan and has both Guts and Iron Fist to embiggen the power of its Ice Punch

also it isn't a shitmon
>>
movesets, natures and items for the team:
Porygon2 bold natured holding a eviolite
Trick room
Tri-attack
Ice beam
Recover

Slowbro bold natured holding a leftovers
Scald
Calm mind
Psychic
slack-off

Reuniclus quiet nature holding a life orb
Trick room
Psychic
Energy ball
Protect

Guzzlord Relaxed nature holding a assault vest
Crunch
Gyro ball
Hammer arm
Draco meteor

Oranguru sassy nature holding a focus sash
Trick room
Instruct
Nature power
Psychic

Crabominable brave nature holding a choice band
Ice hammer
Earthquake
Close combat
Stone edge

A bit long but this is the setup for the team. after a few battles with them, I think I could easily take any match if I can set up trick room at least once, at least with those who aren't prepared. feel free to copy if you want
>>
>>32475795
Vikavolt.
Especially if its min maxed for trick room.
You've got 4 Poke's weak to bug type anon. Heads up.
>>
>>32476221
damn, defeated by my own setup...yeah, i'll probably swap out the slowbro with a rhyperior or something. thanks for the heads up
>>
>>32476197
Abilitiy on Slowbro? Also I'm gonna run Conk over Crab just because I like it better and it gets the same moves, bar Ice Hammer, and it's slightly better in every way except 2 points faster under TR.
>>
>>32476299
never mind about Slowbro, I have downs. Maybe add Escavalier? There was a thread about him yesterday being really good in TR, especially with Fell Stinger
>>
>>32476299
the slowbro has regenerator

>>32476313
I've never used escavalier in a battle, but maybe it will be useful to have a bug type...
>>
>>32476336
>>>32471180
thread is still up

If you're hesitant about it you could always try Mega Heracross or Mega Camerupt. Both slow as fuck but aren't weak to bug.
>>
>>32476383
thanks for the advice anon, one step closer to making a good well rounded team
>>
File: 4719.png (189KB, 410x432px) Image search: [Google]
4719.png
189KB, 410x432px
>>32476398
I just realized, those two Megas as well as Steelix (who I was going to suggest next) aren't available in SM yet.
>>
>>32476427
the future is wide open anon....no need for apologies
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.