[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Gen 7 killed Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon (6).png (111KB, 499x379px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon (6).png
111KB, 499x379px
Has Gen 7 killed Pokemon?
>>
Yeah...
>>
No...
>>
Gen 5 killed Pokémon.
>>
>>32473009
The games are kill but as long as we have this board and some good designs it's gonna be alive.
>>
>>32473009
Killed in the sense that we'll never have a game of quality again like the gen 5 games. Hell even XY tier would be too much.
Popularity wise its the opposite, GF knows they can just get some mediocre marketing and it'll sell like hotcakes.
>>
Yes, it killed Pokémon by selling so well that everyone at Game Freak, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company died of asphyxiation after drowning in money.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/3ds.html
>>
>>32473055
>we'll never have a game of quality again like the gen 5 games
That's a good thing.
>>
>>32473100
You're the reason why pokemon is dying.
>>
>>32473048
>>32473100
>*cherrypicks*
>>
>>32473055
>a game of quality again like the gen 5 games
What quality?
>>
>>32473148
I'm guessing you think gen 4 is good right?
>>
>>32473153
Gen 4 is objectively much better than gen 5.
>b-but it's too slow and being the fat blob i am i want an escape where i can go fast like sonic my waifu
>>
>>32473159
It's always some insecure Sinnohfetus.
>>
File: IMG_9149.jpg (24KB, 302x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9149.jpg
24KB, 302x326px
>>32473009
This is hilarious. I leave /vp/ and everyone had mouthes gen 5 as the worst gen ever. But when enter it's filled with people praising the game as the peak of the series.
>>
>>32473055
gen 5 is the worst shit that they made, even worse than gen 6/7
>>
>>32473178
You're completely delusional if you think gen 6 is better than 5.
>>
>>32473184
not by much, since pokémon is kinda shit since gen 4 (and even gen 4 was shitty)
>>
>>32473184
>he think gen 6 was a downgrade
I pitty you anon
>>
>>32473170
>he can't even find an insult starting with h so he just chucks a whole new word onto the end
What's it like being in 3rd grade?
>>
>>32473177
Because this site is Not filled with Normies
>>
WOWOWOWOWOWO GEN 5S WRITING IS GREAT I REALLY LIKED THE PART WHERE THEY WERE DANCING FOR NO REASON IT WAS EXTREMELY FUNNY AND RANDOM AND VERY XD CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY MATHS HOMEWORK AND ALSO ADD ME ON MINECREAFT LOL
>>
File: 250px-569Garbodor.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-569Garbodor.png
67KB, 250x250px
At least the Pokémon matched the region.
>>
Jesus, Sinnohfetuses are our Sonyggers aren't they.
>>
>>32473216
/thread
>>
>>32473191
It was absolutely.

Everything in XY outside some music tracks is shit, it has hardly any good Pokemon designs, story/region is crap, don't remember any of the characters. Also the 3D environment / chibi sucks, at least SM has improved in that case.
>>
>>32473218
>our
"h-hey guys! look! w-we all agree here right! please say i'm right"
>>
>>32473218
Pretty much
>>
it's kinda funny that the people nicknamed Unovabortions go and throw around Sinnohfetus like nigga at least our parents kept as as fetuses yours just straight up got rid of you
>>
can we all agree that gen 3 best gen?
>>
>>32473009
>One of the most well sold pokemon games

>>32473055
>Killed in the sense that we'll never have a game of quality again like the gen 5 games.
This game has the same if not higher quality that BW, not the same amount of content that BW2 had, but that's to be expected, only third version gets to have good postgame.

>GF knows they can just get some mediocre marketing and it'll sell like hotcakes.
>mediocre marketing
Did you confuse marketing with quality?, for they did an excellent work with marketing for the game, waiting for the new trailers was one of the most fun experience that gen 7 gave me.
And about quality, the thing is that not everyone out there have the same standards for a good pokemon game that /vp/ has, some are just satistied with a new adventure and new pokemon, not a good lasting game, sadly.
>>
>>32473241
no
>>
>>32473241
No, I don't think you'll find many saying it's bad though.
>>
>>32473237
You realise a fetus can still be aborted right? Then there's the whole miscarriage deal.
>>
>>32473048
no this>>32473048 and mega digivolutions did
>>
>>32473228
You see, you will have a point if you weren´t comparing XY with BW
>>
>>32473255
>gen 5 came out later
>fans got aborted first
>>
>>32473218
>currently the majority
>in denial
>constantly deflecting
I'd say they're even worse.
>>
>>32473241
Emerald is good.

but

>Platinum
>HGSS
>BW2

2008-2012 had the best games.
>>
>>32473258
retard
>>
I'd say it killed you, but there was no soul there to begin with, so I don't know if I can say you were killed.
>>
>>32473218
>sonygger
oh so you're from /v/ that explains why your posts are so awful
>>
>>32473260
Well gen 4 was the gen panned by the fans so I guess you're not wrong that the fans were aborted before 5.
>>
>>32473267
I´m sorry anonymous comments matter you so much
>>
>>32473272
Would you prefer DCfags?
Because every board has shitposter like you lot.
>>
>>32473284
that's /tv/ yeah?
this gets worse by the minute
>>
>>32473245
>some are just satistied with a new adventure and new pokemon
But in Gen 7 the adventure was bad and there were very little new pokemon available during the story
>>
>>32473274
>gen 4 was the gen panned by the fans
Diamond and Pearl both beat Black and White 1 on user score on metacritic
Platinum ties with BW2.
HGSS have the highest user scores I can find out of any Pokémon games
>>
>>32473319
>caring about scores
>>
>>32473159
>RNG out the ass just for fossils in the underground
>fucked up bases and Contests
>casualised and shortened the frontier
>constant backtracking
>story formula was a complete rehash of gen 3
>literal pokegods
>started the trend of places/npcs for an item
>cluttered pokemon designs out the ass
Being slow isn't the only thing that makes it shit.
>>
>>32473323
>f-fans hated it I swear ignore what they have to say they're being b-brainwashed
>>
>>32473319
And they're still the games widely recognised by fans as terrible to the point that most of them didn't even acknowledge the anniversary.
The complaints towards it are the reason why we also have more linear regions too.
>>
>>32473339
who are you quoting?
>>
No. I absolutely do not remember any criticism like this at all when DP were released. I only heard the "slow" meme recently. The only thing I remember being criticised when D/P was released was that half the dex was pre-evos and evos, and the standard digimon complaint. That was it. There were no other criticisms.
>>
>>32473153
>>32473159
It never fails.
>>
>>32473372
because you were a child when DP came out
>>
>>32473372
That's called confirmation bias my friend. In other words you're only remembering what you want to believe rather than what actually happened.
Bet you forgot when people went ballistic over the new frontier too.
>>
>>32473348
>>caring about scores
Who are YOU quoting?
>>
>>32473218
I good portion of them used to be composed of deserters who fucking loved DP when they came back to the franchise.
I remember in the BW years you could clearly see them falseflagging against every other gen.
They've always been the worst of the board.
>>
>>32473328
I'll give you that contests and frontier are better in gen 3 but

>constant backtracking
Seriously? You just want to walk in a straight line and have everyone you need to talk to magically appear in front of you?
>>
>>32473218
Whole lotta samefagging replying to this post.
At least try to switch up your writing style so it's not blatantly obvious.
>>
>>32473388
I was 24. I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>32473319
It always amuses me when in any kind of discussion someone uses the tastes of normalfags in his favor, when they're pretty much known for having shit taste.
>>
>>32473427
>You just want to walk in a straight line and have everyone you need to talk to magically appear in front of you?
Yeah because that totally means you should make a game that's extremely tedious to traverse. There totally isn't a balance between the two.
>>
>>32473393
Ballistic? I think that may be an exaggeration. I don't remember it being that bad. Yes, it wasn't the old Frontier, but it wasn't like THIS SUCKS INTO THE TRASH IT GOES.
>>
31 year old here, been faithful since Gen 1.

As of Gen 7 I am for the first time considering calling it quits. I've got plenty of good content from the older games to satisfy me. Unless the next games bring this franchise's soul back, I'm out.
>>
>>32473293
>But in Gen 7 the adventure was bad
For you maybe, but most of the people i asked said that they thought the story was good.
>>
>>32473462
>but most of the people i asked
Asking yourself 10 times doesn't count
>>
>>32473448
It's not even that annoying, by the time you need to go back and forth a lot you already have fly. It's not like you have to walk back and forth everywhere.
>>
>>32473462
Correction: Lillie's story was good. And everything having to do with her family by proxy. I'm sure that's what they mean, but don't know how to articulate it. The main part of the game? Nope. Still happy faffing about for no reason and then being forced into a situation that has nothing to do with what you were doing at all.
>>
>>32473456
>the franchise soul is whatever I say it is
thanks good you will die of age before me
>>
>>32473456
Pokemon has been THE number one franchise for me for all of my life, and Gen VII feels soulless to me as well. Seven generations, twenty years, and the games that made me hyped the most in the prerelease period killed it all somehow. I'm desperate to like SM. What am I doing wrong? I just feel like I should have taken the three month gap between the announcement and any actual news as a major red flag, but at the same time I feel like I'm being more disappointed than I should be.
>>
>>32473484
god*
>>
>>32473475
You might want to replay the Sinnoh games one of these days because it quickly becomes
>fly there walk here fly there walk here fly there walk here
And so on. It also doesn't help that it has such a reliance on HMs.
>>
>>32473470
rude!
>>
>>32473456
>>32473489
>me and two friends usually play the games for multiplayer
>even gen 6 we put in 500 hours playing
>gen 7 comes along
>two of us hate it the other lost all interest
There's clearly something very wrong with gen 7.
>>
>>32473496
The only part I can think of like that is the lakes section which is a pretty small part of the game
>>
>>32473481
>Nope. Still happy faffing about for no reason and then being forced into a situation that has nothing to do with what you were doing at all.
Then if it's the same how can you say it's bad?
And the adventure was more fresh and rewarding than in the past games, where it was always just go from gym to gym and just get a badge that gets the limit higher by 10 levels and nothing else.
>>
File: 1487713883610s.jpg (7KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1487713883610s.jpg
7KB, 250x186px
>>32473524
>rather gen 6 than 7
the problem is your taste
>>
>>32473541
Anon, it was the exact same thing but renamed and shorter.
>>
>>32473555
Not the fact that gen 7 managed to have less variety in battles and content in general.
>>
I hated Gen V, but I finally decided to give it another chance and started up Black 2 since /vp/ sucks BW2's dick non-stop.
It is just as bad as Gen VII, people are fucking harassing me non-stop about retarded bullshit I couldn't give less of a fuck about. I was about to say the difference is that I actually like some of the Gen VII characters but that's a lie the first island is filled with trash.
>>
>>32473484
Imagine being so upset that someone has a different opinion about a video game than you do that you look forward to their death.

Truly pathetic.
>>
>>32473541
I can say it because I hate the other games for this, too. I don't know what you thought was so fresh about it, that's literally what you do in S/M except it's only the kahuna battles that raise your trade training limit, which doesn't matter at all because no one bothers with that until postgame anyway. And instead of HMs being gated by the badges, it's gated by random events, which is practically the same thing. There was no innovation to the structure of the game at all.
>>
>>32473566
Did you only play like two minutes of it or something?
>>
>>32473566
you must have brain problems
>>
>>32473566
I'm with you. BW2 is dicks. But all /vp/ cares about is post-game content and competitive, so it's no surprise that they love this absolute chore of a game.
>>
>>32473644
Actually, that should clue you in that they don't like the game at all and should go back to their simulators.
>>
>>32473649
Fair point. I was more referring to the way they praise the game here, rather than their actual enjoyment of the main campaign.
>>
>>32473573
I just got to the second city.
>>
>>32473656
God fucking damn it anon, that's not even close to the good shit.
>>
>>32473009

No, go back in your nostalgia box genwunner.
>>
>>32473187
so when has pokemon been good to you anon? the more this goes on the more you look likely to say it's been shit since gen 1.
>>
>>32473009
Dunno. I personally burnt out after Gen VI, Sun just didn't entertain me as much. I had much more fun with ORAS/XY because of Friend Safari and Super Training making getting into the meta easy and the contests were kinda fun. I do agree with what >>32473055 has to say, because while I loved the Gen VI games and heavily respect Gen I to IV, Gen V at least BW2 had a fuckton of content even if it's not HG/SS tier, and I do get that 80% of the Pokemon designs in Gen V are ass, however, I feel like they nailed almost everything else, from the music, to the overworld, to the rivals and maybe the evil team (debatable), and the PWT If they included E4 members along with the gym leaders and champions, would have been the best post game battle facility.
>>
>>32473655
The main campaign being a relatively minor part of the game. Most people usually praise BW2 for its diverse content both before and after the main game, exploration and pokemon variety. On top of things like the entralink minigames.

I feel like you people don't enjoy pokemon for the aspects it was meant to focus on.
>>
>>32473009
Gen 6 had. SM is the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>32473687
>even if it's not HG/SS tier
Honestly, who wants HGSS tier content again? The majority of it was just a gimmick or just there to elongate the game.
>>
>>32473696
There "exploration" in Unova is laughable. The variety in BW2 was the only thing that was decent about it in comparison to other Pokemon games.

I do not give a single shit about minigames, especially the entralink ones. Reminds me of how people still bitch about GF removing the game corner. Do you really need slot machines in your game?

But calling the main compaign a minor part of the game just goes to show how much you kids only care about muh competitive.
>>
>>32473721
>There "exploration" in Unova is laughable.
You clearly haven't played Black and White 2.
>>
>>32473725
I played it. Twice. The first time because I play every Pokemon game, and the second because I figured I must have missed something since people praise it so much.

It sucked.
>>
>>32473709
From what I've heard, people praise it as the objective peak of Pokemon, so that's why I included that, even if I personally don't care one way or another for it atm.
>>
>>32473673
Not them, but for me, there was so much potential in pokemon. We actually believed there was something interesting about what was going on and what was happening. I know all of that was a lie now, and pokemon in general was never made with any such intention at all. Why? It's creatures with elemental powers, how in the world can you mess that up? You make everything pointless, that's how. We all saw context that wasn't there, all because they pretended it was there. We were all fooled. It's a blank wall with a flashy neon sign on it. And then you find out that flashy neon was powered by an exercise bike being run by a person that only gets food and rest when their boss says so, if at all. Nothing was real, and they laughed all the way to the bank.

Some of us still believe in what they wanted to say, but that means you either ignore the bullshit or you REJECT the bullshit. I was the latter.
>>
>>32473721
>But calling the main compaign a minor part of the game just goes to show how much you kids only care about muh competitive.
The story in pokemon was always a minor part of the games. Plus it keeps getting worse every gen, so I'd say that only kids could care about it
>>
>>32473721
Dude the main story in a Pokemon game has always been throwaway shit. It doesn't matter what you think about competitive or how barren you clearly want the game to be but the story has never mattered.
>>
>>32473736
>parroting
Holy shit, get other peoples dick out of your mouth.
>>
>>32473735
And despite playing it as extensively as you say you missed a lot of the hidden areas the game doesn't take you to?
Not buying it.
>>
>>32473747
I'm sure everyone knows the story in pokemon is pointless. Saying it HAS to be pointless, though? That's just crazy.
>>
>>32473759
Ok you're right. I'm having a conversation about this game I never played. /vp/ cannot into dissenting opinions. Christ.
>>
>>32473721
>You're not supposed to care about the 20+ hour campaign
>But check out these sweet minigames!

This board sucks.
>>
>>32473786 meant for
>>32473696
>>
>>32473786
>pokemon
>20+ hours
How long have you been retarded anon?
>>
>>32473768
There's dissenting opinions and then there's acting as if you have played the game.
You fall into the latter which is why b you can't go into specifics.
>>
>>32473860
Do you not do anything in the game or do you just overlevel your starter?
>>
>>32473880
You mean that content that you've just undermined? Because pokemon has never had a main campaign that long bar SM and it's obnoxious cutscenes.
>>
>>32473009
>missed the first impact
>>
That depends, we have to witness Gen 8 before jumping into conclusions.
>>
>>32473880
>Do you just ignore all of that shit I said doesn't count or do you just over level your starter
You really are a retard.
>>
no?
gen 7 is honestly one of my favorites
>>
>someone doesn't lime Black & White 2
>Quick! Get 'im!

Ban me, mods.
>>
>>32473947
And why is that?
>>
>All this gen war

I'll just say this.

Gen 5 made the boards' post hype last longer than Gen 7 could ever achieve, despite the big massive marketing ploy the latter had.

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

I'll tell you something that came together, my sanity after realizing how piss poor Sun/Moon actually was. The only thing that made breeding a whole lot easier might as well be removed by the time the next game comes because that's what's going to happen. It happens every fucking time, two steps forward, one step back.

Also thanks, Game Freak, for shitting the bed regarding leaks.
>>
>>32473964
>Gen 5 made the boards' post hype last longer than Gen 7 could ever achieve
That's because Gen 5 is the reason this board exists.
>>
>>32473484

Imagine being this edgy.
>>
>>32473009
Quality degraded in Gen 5.
>genies of healthy meta
>less postgame (hurr durr it doesn't matter extra content is bad)
>copy and paste gen 1 pokemon under a different design and name
>introduction to linear caves
>HM being scattered by irrelevant NPCs
>have to enter and exit an area to progress the story (see: Clay in BW2)
>>
>>32473721
Battle legendary and save the world
And that is it, enjoy your main campaign
>>
>>32474004
>less postgame
It literally has the most content of any pokemon game.
>>introduction to linear caves
That's sun and moon.
>>HM being scattered by irrelevant NPCs
HMs are also used sparingly in the game as opposed to the gen 4 games where they not only were given to no name NPCs and hidden across the region they were necessary to progress.
Everything else applies to every game to date
>>
>>32473964
Right on famalam
>>32473979
and no it wasn't it was HGSS
>>
>>32474036
>lying on the internet
>>
>>32474224
HGSS were already out dumbass. You clearly missed the BW hype on /v/.
>>
File: IMG_0587.jpg (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0587.jpg
53KB, 625x626px
>>32473178
>>
>>32473009
No, gen 4 killed it.
Then gen 5 revived it.
Then gen 6 killed it again.
Then gen 7 revived it again.
>>
>>32474224
HGSS came out a year before this board came about.
>>
>>32473009
Pokemon died after Gen 4.
Gen 5 was retarded as hell, especially the anime
Gen 6 introduced retarded concepts like Mega Pokemon, Ash Greninja forcing an edgy Pokemon to be cool, along with "muh friendship bond!!!"
Gen 7 introduced Z moves, an even stupider concept to make Pokemon attacks look cool, along with alolan versions of Pokemon. Like I get it you love sucking Gen 1's dick, but alolan versions of already existing Pokemon seems like a desperate attempt at nostalgia to keep the franchise going. Whats next? Gen 8 you'll be able to physically merge with your Pokemon in an "astounding new study we suddenly came across!!!!1111one" give me a break, Poekmon has lost all its meaning.
>>
File: IMG_0221.png (104KB, 258x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.png
104KB, 258x248px
>>32474004
>Gen 5
>less postgame (hurr durr it doesn't matter extra content is bad)
>>
>>32473218
>Obnoxious
>Shit taste
>Underage
>Falseflag because they have no arguments
>Suffer from inferiority complex against the best gens, 1 (PC) and 5 (Nintendo)
Yes.
>>
>>32473009
>is it still being talked about?
yes
>are people wanting the next games in the mainline series?
yes
>Has gen 7 killed pokemon
it was the 3rd best selling 3ds game of all time and extended the 3ds's lifespan so, get off your fucking high horse
>>
Gen 7 didn't kill Pokemon, but it proves that GameFreak is willing to take the easiest way out because they know that, no matter what they do, they will ALWAYS print money.
>>
Gen 4 is the worst thing in human history.
>>
>>32474224
>>32474242
>>32474270
i think /vp/ exists because of gen 4 hype.
>>
>>32474271
Gen 11 introduces Pokemon summoning where you can fuse two Pokemon into a new Pokemon with possibility of raised stats and learning a new move, it also features Dante from DMC
>>
>>32474311
It's second best now anon.
And that's precisely why it's killed Pokemon. It's essentially becoming the zombie simpsons of video games seeing as GF isn't willing to put any thought into their content any more
>>
>>32474343
But that started happening in 2010, not 2016.
>>
>>32474340
I know you're just trying to shitpost but there are Sinnohshits that believe that.
>>
>>32474349
Eh, kind of but GF learned their lesson with HGSS and made a resurgence with gen 5. Then they went right back with gen 6 and 7.
>>
>>32474343
for a franchise to truly be dead,it has to have nobody but a select few wanting the franchise to come back, like metroid or bakugan.
>>
>>32474364
okay then, tell me the origin story of /vp/.
>>
>>32474373
How did they learn their lesson with HGSS if the year i mentioned it started happening was the year gen 5 came out?
>>
>>32474382
HGSS was released in the west in 2010 anon. It was also the game where they put quantity over quality and censored.
>>
>>32474379
Hold on a minute. You don't honestly believe that /vp/ was created due to a gen that began and ended before its creation do you?
>>
>>32474392
West release date shouldn't even matter in this discussion, as the game exists regardless of localization. HGSS was merely a barely improved version of an already existing game, the flaws it had are mainly the faults of the original. Quantity over quality really applies to BW.
>>
>>32474414
>HGSS was merely a barely improved version of an already existing game, the flaws it had are mainly the faults of the original.
With many faults of its own.
Take the game corner and walking pokemon for instance, when the GC was changed to voltorb flip they neglected to add a way for players to purchase coins again meaning that you were forced to play the minigame for the item needed rather than having the choice to skip it. They also decided to add a level of RNG to obtaining the black trainer card in the form of the shiny leaves which as you know was attached to the walking pokemon element. Don't forget that location based evolution mechanic was removed and Origin Giratina was made event exclusive due to it being an untradeable item in Plat.
Things like that plague HGSS from top to bottom because they were more concerned with putting things in than it being good or useful.

Gen 5 on the other hand doesn't have things like that to drag the game down instead it works with the player and is either quick or provides an alternative.
>>
>>32474414
>Quantity over quality really applies to BW.
Elaborate.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.