[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post your underrated bros.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: escavalier.jpg (31KB, 263x320px) Image search: [Google]
escavalier.jpg
31KB, 263x320px
>135 attack
>105 in both defenses

>Swarm + fell stinger

I don't understand why this guy isn't uses more.
>>
>>32471180
>20 Base speed
>can't touch skarmory
>can't touch ferro without committing Sudoku
>Scizzor like effectiveness without the priority or utility

Gee, I wonder why.

I actually do wonder why. This thing seems like it would be amazing under trick room. Especially now since it's seeing a minor resurgence.
>>
>>32471215
I have been using it on a TR team. It's "faster" than scizor and has more power, bulk, megahorn, drill run, and doesn't take up a mega slot.
>>
>>32471215
enough of this TR meme
>>
>>32471294
What's wrong with it? There are plenty of mons that benefit from it.
>>
>>32471263
>It's le good in trick room meme
>>
>>32471294
>20 speed
Are you using it without tr anon?
>>
>>32471180
Paired it up with M-Swampert under Trick Room. They worked damn well together.
>>
>>32471382
It is, what's your point?
>>
the problem with Trick Room is that there's no way to automatically set it up like Sand Stream or Drizzle, and no way to keep it extended like the Icy Rock and Damp Rock. Trick Room has so much potential but thanks to the lackluster support behind the idea it's just been spinning its wheels compared to every other condition aside from maybe Hail, but even Hail is getting some use now since a lot of people wanna use ANinetails.
>>
>>32471513
I see your point, it would be nice if there was an item that extended the amount of turns TR was active like they did with the terrains. The only way to optimize it is with an eject button.
>>
>>32471527
Optimized with Eject Button? Explain?
>>
>>32471527
Doesn't Trick Room have one of the lowest priority? I don't think Eject Button could work. You'll be hit before you can use the move.
>>
>>32471602
>>
I used it in a TR team back in gen 6. People had no idea what it was and didn't expect it to be capable of one-shotting and tanking as hard as it can. Kind of a gimmick, but still hilarious.
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 250x250px
With a prior trick room set up, this thing is a BEAST.
>>
>>32471513
Thanks to Magearna, A-Marowak and Z-Moves, TR is not as bad as it used to be
>>
>>32471602
da hell man
>>
>>32471654
why even bother with this? Tyranitar and Aerodactyl are both easier to use and Tyranitar can even be used in TR
>>
>>32471718
Rampardos' attack stat is higher. Second only to Attack Deoxys. It's tricky to use, but if you can use it right, nothing can stand up to you.
>>
>>32471315
>>32471426
>>32471502
the point is trick room teams are bad, inherently worse than most, if not all other team types. Saying a pokemon is "good in trick room" is like saying it's good in RU
>>
>>32471727
Not counting megas*
>>
>>32471730
The point of trick room is to swing the game to your advantage. Slower Pokémon have their speed stat distributed elsewhere, and so are generally better in other stats.
When you use trick room not only do you get to go first, but you also shut down high speed opponents. Things like Crobat are rendered useless under a trick room.
>>
File: Ambipom4.png (185KB, 700x584px) Image search: [Google]
Ambipom4.png
185KB, 700x584px
I'm not saying it's the best out there, but give it a Life Orb and you'll be surprised what it can take down with Fake-Out into Return or chunk with Fake-Out into U-Turn. It's pretty fast so it can gain an edge on a lot of threats.

Or you can go super meme-y with it and go
Fake-Out
Fling (Razor Fang)
U-Turn/Return
Thief
>>
>>32471743
I'm aware, that doesn't mean it's good. There's many, many ways for teams to work around trick room, or even prevent it from being set up in the first place. As I said before, saying a pokemon is good in trick room is a meaningless compliment, because you're saying that with a mediocre setting that's easy to get around of the pokemon gets a chance to shine. It's the same as saying cacturne is an amazing sweeper, just use it in PU.
>>
>>32471757
A trick room user myself, I have to disagree. While it's true that TR is a very specific circumstance, once you set it up it can only really be countered by another TR team or by priority moves (Lele is love, Lele is life).
>>
>>32471763
My general OU team I've been using has three fast pokemon and three slow pokemon. Once a Trikc room is set up, my slow pokemon sweep like fucking brooms.
>>
>>32471763
not in the slightest. The people you must have been facing must be very bad in that case. Trick room is easy to get around given how the pokemon who take advantage from it work and how it's set up in the first place. As said by the other anon, most OU teams have at least 2 slow pokemon, and bulky pokemon are a must on anything but HO. TR teams are flawed, that's the main reason you don't see them almost anywhere but low-mid on the ladder.
>>
File: nidoking.png (980KB, 853x853px) Image search: [Google]
nidoking.png
980KB, 853x853px
This boy kicks all kinds of ass. Pass him a Quiver Dance and he'll tear through almost any defense with his insane power and coverage. Really, any form of speed control will make him a terror- tailwind, sticky web, even particularly conscientious trick room use.
>>
>>32471680
If there was a Trick Room extender, A-Marowak would be one of the best sweepers in the game.
>Spammable Rock Head Flare Blitz
> Ghost STAB grants great neutral coverage on many targets
> Laughs at Sashed/Sturdy mons with boosted Bonemarang
Trick Room has many abusers, but A-Wak would be one of the best options.
>>
>>32471654
Not with 65 base speed it won't
>>
>>32471744
>Ambipom
>good
actually fuck off stop it with this shit meme
>>
>>32471215
It's completely outclassed by other Trick Room users like Magearna, Alolan Marowak and Crawdaunt, there is literally 0 reason to use Escav in OU or even in BSD
>>
>>32471180
Great in STABmons, nobody ever expects the First Impression.
>>
>>32471654
>>32471718
>>32472072
It's seen some use in genV VGC but it wasn't that great.
>>
Trick room is good in doubles
>>
File: 733120.jpg (688KB, 2442x1307px) Image search: [Google]
733120.jpg
688KB, 2442x1307px
>>32471180
Since this is kinda turning into a TR discussion...this motherfucker right here, with Choice Specs.
>>
>>32472348
Is good you autistic pile of shit
>>
>>32471180
>No Leech Life
Honestly it just needs some form of recovery and it'd be great.
>>
>>32472348
You best be joking

Ability: Technician
Item: Normal Gem
>Fake out
>Covert
>dual chop
>Power up punch
>>
>>32471744
Among higher level competitive players, ambipom is widely considered a meme. For some reason, low ladder RU players have a strange fixation with it and consider it good, when any decent player could tell you it's not. Literally only sub-1200 shitters use it unironically.
>>
File: IMG_0143.jpg (170KB, 960x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.jpg
170KB, 960x1300px
>>32471822
>Pass him a quiver dance
If a Pokémon needs to be passed boosts in order to be good, it's not good. Luckily, nidoking does not fall into that category, and can be a threat without too much team support.
>>
>>32471822
Anything kicks ass if it's been passed a Quiver Dance. Baton Pass is utterly broken in singles.
>>
>>32472942
The slogan set is literally called DO NOT USE AMBIPOM because of shutters like you believing it's good
>>
>>32472821
It nice to see it gets Air Slash. Wrecks Soundproof Kommo-O and chance to flinch would come in handy.
>>
>>32472942
Replace Power up punch with low kick for any chance of handling steel types(way too fragile to get multiple PuP boost)

replace Covert with Knock off to handle ghosts that would otherwise wall you

Fake out and Return for a strong STAB

Add a life orb or choice band to give its attacks the needed oomph
>>
File: lazzle.png (356KB, 880x675px) Image search: [Google]
lazzle.png
356KB, 880x675px
>great in game
>fantastic speed tier in comp + solid offensive typing
Most of the time gengar's better, but this weird lizard lady has yet to disappoint me.
>>
>>32471180
I used it in Gen 6 doubles tr a couple of times because it completely counters Amoonguss and doesn't take up the mega slot like Mawile, but most the time Mawile is the better choice. As a bonus, it's one of the few pokemon capable of ohkoing Cresselia with its life orb boosted megahorn, but both in smogon doubles and battle spot doubles this is not guaranteed depending on the Cresselia's ev spread.
>>
File: IMG_0557.jpg (153KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.jpg
153KB, 1111x597px
>>32471215
>"i-its good in trick room"
>>
File: 250px-612Haxorus.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-612Haxorus.png
51KB, 250x250px
Mold Breaker Ddance is always nice.
>>
>>32475294
Are you me ?

DDance - Poison Jab - Earthquake - Outrage ?
>>
>>32471180
Swarm? Wouldn't overcoat be the better ability on it?
>>
File: rawhr.png (774KB, 865x720px) Image search: [Google]
rawhr.png
774KB, 865x720px
>>32475294
The Dragon Z-Crystal was a nice buff.
>Can still deal with Fairies after KOing something with Outrage
Feels good man
>>
I'm interested in trying out a Trick Room team or a Gravity team. How would I go about this? What's the most consistent way to run either of them? Any specific staples I need? Also, Trick Room is only a doubles strategy, right? I assume it would be complete dogshit in singles
>>
>>32472942
>someone in the world actually thinks this is a good set
>>
Another thread that proves how bad /vp/ is at competitive
>>
>>32475805
Trick Room Oranguru + Regice with the Psychic Z-Crystal(gives you a special attack boost before Gravity is used) could work. Theres also Reniniclus as an option if your running Psychic Terrain on the gorilla.
>>
>>32475927
would Modest Regice be acceptable? It's what I caught in my AS. I am willing to migrate one from Emerald into my White and mess with its stats if need be though. And I definitely want to run Reuniclus.
>>
>>32471730
I agree, but only because there is no auto-setter.
>>
>>32471822
Its godlike on Poison Mono
>>
>>32475960
Modest is fine, but make sure the Oranguru is not running a speed reducing nature so it would be able to Instruct Regice's attacks under TR. Speed reducing natures for both would be would've been better though.
>>
>>32475805
The best setter of TR is Reuniclus.
It has 125 sp.attack and the bulk to survive just about any hit, it can also hit back with huge damage boosted by life orb. Magic guard prevents life orb recoil too.
>>
>>32475795
there was an anon who posted a TR thread a while ago and posted a set they used. maybe someone in this thread will find it useful
>>
>>32475210
can you please STOP
>>
>>32475210
>oh my god it's not good the moment you bring it out what is this FU garbage
>>
>>32475805
There's an OU trick room team that I've ran into multiple times on the ladder that's pretty decent. Trick Room isn't totally unusable in singles.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/shadow-boning-patlops-mom-peaked-2-twice-triple-qualified-for-reqs-won-suspect-tour.3600515/
>>
>>32477326
I don't understand that hate for it either. Why not shit in tailwind, choice scarf, sticky web, icy wind, and any other form of speed control while they're at it.
>>
>>32471727
Glorius UB steel folded over wan mirrion times has the highest attack barring megas so rampardos is third
>>
>>32471822
Nidoking's a wallbreaker, not a sweeper. At least I think he's a wallbreaker.
>>
>>32472942
nice joke dude, but no set for ambipom will ever be good, especially not that one.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.