[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it all go so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: festivalplaza.jpg (35KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
festivalplaza.jpg
35KB, 400x240px
Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
When they took any and all forms of communication out. I've actually been sitting here going through the name list trying to get someone to 6v6 me. It usually takes me about a half hour to find someone. I fucking hate this game.
>>
>>32470060
Making it an inferior Join Avenue. It was suppose to be Join Avenue 2.0, but they instead made Join Avenue Early Access. Also, most of the facilities are RNG to get as well as shitty.

>theres a ball facility
>oh, maybe this is where they distribute the Apricorn Bals
>LOL NOPE :^)

>How come its taking forever to level up my facilities?
>oh, they don't actually level up, you have to get them through RNG

>we have an exclusive currency, you wanna know how to get it? You don't simply play the game like you did in BW2.
>You instead play shitty repetitive, mind numbing minigames or wait a month for the Global Missions to throw 4000 FC at you

>oh yeah, by the way, some stores are exclusive to specific versions.
>you have Moon, oooooh sorry about that 5 Star Rare Kitchen, you're gonna have to get it from someone else, and you also have to sell out 1500 FC.
>>
>>32470060
Bad in every way
>>
It's what happens when you shove Join Avenue, Funfest Missions and the PSS in the blender after removing all of the good things about them.
>>
>>32470506
Lol I will buy this game only because I want my starter from alola region in next game, wtf is this shit
>>
>>32470506
>Rare Kitchen bullshit
Man if I had known earlier. I have Moon so it was pretty annoying to grind up to lvl 100, even with a 4-star Rare kitchen. I actually managed to snag one from some random guy in my plaza, shelled out the Fc without thinking about it. Now, I placed the 5 star kitchen on my first slot to help out other moon bros
>>
File: IMG_2744.jpg (35KB, 425x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2744.jpg
35KB, 425x345px
>exclusive clothes depending on which version you play
>have a 1/6 chance of buying a specific piece of clothing from a plaza guest
>can't buy glasses or hats from opposite gender players
>can only get bright dye from 5 star shops, can't use berries for that
>dyed clothes aren't the exact same colors as ones bought in stores
>dying understandably replaces the white clothing used, but you can't buy another of it so you have to use the same one for every color replacement

Gamefreak is run by retards.
>>
>>32470060
Honestly, I personally don't think it's that bad. It's not as easy to use as PSS, and it's not as useful as Join Avenue, but it's still pretty useful and not that hard to use.
>>
>>32471619
Once you have the basic functionality down, people will start judging it purely by its distinguishing features. Same with Pokémon games in general.
>>
This gen was so fucking trash, everythin went wrong.
>>
File: 1476577232929.png (32KB, 134x130px) Image search: [Google]
1476577232929.png
32KB, 134x130px
Pokemon is going to die, and I will attend its funeral with peace of mind, knowing that the suffering was finally over
>>
>>32471721

>pokemon dying any time soon

It'll outlive all of us
>>
>>32470506
The idea of RNG facilities is frustrating, but a Ball shop that sells fuci
king Pokeballs is the worst.

Also, making the currecny for the feature something you can only gain by online activity is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. How can they go this far backwards?

in Join Avenue you can max it out buy yourself, and buy by yourself. It just takes longer.
>>
By taking away the accessibility of PSS and missing that what made Join Avenue good wasn't "oh what perks will this new visitor give" but "oh shit new visitors I hope that shop I like levels up so I get more use out of it" and a whole bunch of other instances of being lesser than JA like using its own currency instead of just regular money
>>
>>32470060
It feels like that fucking song mocks me every single time i get into the plaza.
>>
My main issue is that I can't type what I want.

"Smogon NU only", I could actually type this shit in Gen6 and get 10 battles in a weekend.

Now when people challenge me to battle is always on some shity format or something.

Heck I could see if people where asking for an exclusive format like Ubers or VGC 14-15 or God forbids triples and get to battle them knowing what they wanted.

Now it's a mess to get an actual battle, most end at either quiting at team preview or any side taking the I don't have a team to battle like this option.

In Gen6 you didn't need to post in a battle thread to get shit done like on fucking 4th and 5th gen, shit was actually done on the go. It's such a backwards piece of shit.
>>
>>32471821
Also fuck battle spot in particular, some people want 6v6 singles and doubles.

Its a fucking mess to never know if the other player will send 3 or 4 Pokémon in battle due to misconceptions.
>>
>>32471738
At least we won't be zombies.
>>
File: excuse me.jpg (61KB, 700x648px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.jpg
61KB, 700x648px
Bluntly? It's somehow too obscenely grindy/time consuming to get going even by pokemon standards on top of ruining the online features in gen 6.

Detailed grievances
It's an outright downgrade to join avenue/pss and then some.
They somehow thought it was a swell idea to dump all the online features in it...and make may of them worse.
The only way to get any real use out of it is to abuse exploits most of the time.
Facility RNG is absurd and they can't be leveled up at all naturally.
Festival coins is a stupid idea instead of using ingame cash.
Festival coins are mind numbing to grind without exploits which is why GF likely gives out 2000-4000 FC like candy now with those super easy global missions.
Missions suck for the amount of coins you get and type match up tests are the only ones worth a damn.
Game exclusive facilities is stupid especially when it a pain in the butt to grind levels in sun and moon.along with game exclusive outfits

Buying 5 star facilities is expensive as heck and continue to double in price for each copy you have for no reasonable reason.
The effort it takes just to dye clothing colors is obnoxious. Hell Zelda BOTW managed to do this crap right on it's first freaking try without making it a chore.

It's just a giant mess of confusing design choices when GF has shown in the past that they're competent with these kind of features...Heck just look at how well pokepelago turned out compared to this.
>>
>>32471531
>you have to use the same one for every color replacement
Oh, is that how that works? No wonder my game crashes whenever I open one of those stores up, I cheated to have everything at once.
>>
>>32471892
>GF has shown in the past that they're competent with these kind of features
That's exactly why it is this way, anon. They have already done it the Join Avenue and PSS way, so they wanted to try something new. This is where GF is the most retarded. They actively change good thing in favor of making new things. They take too many unnecessary risks. Considering one of the most prominent normie/meme complaints toward the series is that all games are the same, I can imagine why.
>>
RNG. Also not having a PC there, because fuck finding someone on wonder trade who wants an Eevee evolution that you don't have on hand and literally having to leave the plaza to evolve it, then sign back in and go through all the syncing bullshit again, only to find it has been traded in the time it took to get the damn Poke.

Again, fuck RNG. I want a plaza full of qts, but Sofatcles keeps offering me shit with male office workers or male veterans or fucking Youngsters. Fatso, just because you're a faggot who gets tingly in the pants over a pair of balls doesn't mean I am. Offer me a fucking Lass facility, goddamn you.
>>
>>32470506
>make a ball facility
>only sell shop balls
They really dropped the ball there, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>32470060
Also, before this bumps I have to add the surprisingly not mentioned complaint of the fucking Game SYnc. Making it mandatory each time you go on is fucking abominable
>>
>>32470060
They didn't make it easily accessible and made you have to go through a million tutorials just to use it. And most of it is useless anyway, except for the flipping version exclusive clothes, WHICH SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A THING TO START WITH. And it all depends on a Facebook friend list system to even get things done. Just give us the PSS back, you did NO ONE a favor.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.