[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 7 has 18 legendary pokemon Why does Game freak do this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: ultra-beasts-194764.jpg (95KB, 1001x401px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-beasts-194764.jpg
95KB, 1001x401px
>Gen 7 has 18 legendary pokemon

Why does Game freak do this? I thought they were finally starting to learn with XY only giving us 6.

Then SM comes out and literally 15% of the new mons are legendary.

I hope UBs are forgotten about and never come back.
>>
>>32468910
Because UBs aren't legendary Pokemon.
>>
UBs are their own thing

They have legendary-tier stats, but save for Nihilego and Guzzlord, you catch multiples of them
>>
>>32468930
Dont comment in a thread unless you know what you are talking about, people will waist replies just explaining why you're wrong

>>32468910
Not only that, if you take away the starters you'll see just how few new pokemon you encounter during a normal playthrough
>>
File: retard.jpg (3KB, 108x124px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
3KB, 108x124px
>>32468910
>UBs
>Legendaries
>>
>>32468944
>I don't have an argument so I'll just claim you're wrong
I feel like that'll end up wasting far more time than you just explaining why I'm wrong, and me then debunking that argument.
>>
>>32468910
>>32468944

>shitty image of pokemon pics together as OP
>obvious bait that don't even try pretending he played a pokemon game
>obvious samefag
>spammed everywhere

So the theme of today are UBs, shill? And the theme yesterday was customization, right? Do your boss keeps a list so you have an easier time shilling each thing at a time or does he only tells when you come to work.
>>
I never knew /vp/ was so sensitive about ultra beasts lol
>>
>>32468930
>>32468936
>>32468953
Solgaleo, Lunaala and Necrozma are all UBs. They're not legendary now? So only the Tapus are legendary?
>>
>>32468970

At least it's not the same pic of the cover this time. His shilling is still VERY obvious tho. Also I think their theme today is "new pokemon" as a whole, seing his second samefag

>>32468944
>>32468944
>UBs are "legendaries"
>"waist"

they're hiring illiterate thirdworlders to astroturf here now I see
>>
>>32468970
>everyone's a samefag because I dont like them
>>
>>32468983
Just because something is a UB doesn't mean it's also legendary.
This shouldn't be that hard to grasp.
>>
>>32468983
Also solgaleo and Lunala both have prevos why the fuck aren't any of the other UBs allowed to?

Seriously I'd believe they weren't legendary if they had a evolution line
>>
ITT: people who don't know about the internal marker that denotes what's legendary and what isn't

UBs ARE legends. There's no debate on this.
>>
>>32468930
>>32468936
>>32468944
>>32468953
>>32468988
>>32468999
the game code treats them as legendary and that is literally all that matters.
>>
>Numbered Pokemon

those shits will keep coming back
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>32469007
>>32469012
Thank you finally someone who actually know what they are talking about

Also I forgot to mention Silvally and Type:Null which I'm actually not sure if they are considered legendary in the game code but I think they are so that makes 20

Fucking twenty

Aren't there only 80-100 new mons this gen?

That's fucking 20-25% of the new dex that's absoulutly retarded.
>>
>>32469007
>>32469012
Do you even understand why they are marked as such?
>>
Every wiki I have checked marks them under legendary.

Naysayers in this thread tell me what is the difference between Solgaleo Lunala & Necrozma and the rest of the UBs that would count them out?
>>
>>32468983
This is not at all factual information.
Cosmog is theorized to be an UB in game. Theorized being the key word.
Necrozma is stated to be similar, yet it's noted all UBs have been caught before Necrozma is caught. As such, it isn't a UB.
>>
>>32469042
They're legendaries according to the code. The facility-legal legendaries are referred to as sublegends in the coding.
>>
>>32469045
Does it matter?
>>
>>32468910
Four freaking Pheromosa
>Legendary
>>
>>32469067
For what it's worth, Bulbapedo does not do that.
>The Ultra Beasts share some characteristics with numerous Legendary Pokémon: they all have base stat totals of 570, are genderless, and are scripted encounters. However, it has not been made clear whether they are officially Legendary Pokémon.

They also note that Legendary and Mythical Pokemon (With this specific phrasing) were banned from an Alolan Friendly tournament. This did not include UBs.
>>
>>32468930
>>32468936
>>32468953
>>32468988
>>32468999
>>32469091
>t. bulbapedo
>>
>>32469091
Legendary pokemon arwnt single entities except maybe some of the box legends and mythicals there are multiple of many legendary pokemon, definitely all the trios.
>>
>>32469088
Very much so. Game code is not something meant for players to see, as such, it doesn't need to stay true to anything.
If they didn't feel the need to make a distinction for something because for the sake of the code it doesn't matter, that no longer means anything.
>>
>>32469102
Were the tapu banned from it?
>>
>>32469115
I believe the list was Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna.
So no, which points to the Tapus not being Legendaries either.
>>
>>32469131
All those pokemon are worse than the tapus except maybe Necrozma what a fucking awful banlist
>>
>>32469131
The birds weren't banned on the XY Comps
So weren't Every trio in ORAS(Except in the Pikachu cup)
>>
>>32469075
>it's noted all UBs have been caught before Necrozma is caught. As such, it isn't a UB
Except they state only the ones you catch are reported Ultra Beasts. That doesn't include the ones from the other game either though so Necrozma being an unreported Ultra Beast that has been in Alola longer is still a possibility.

Unless you're saying that in Sun Pheromosa and Celesteela aren't Ultra Beasts...
>>
>>32468983
Solgaleo, Lunala and soon Necrozma have a legend attached to them, thus making them legendary. Same with the Tapus.

The other Ultra Beasts are just some being from a different dimension that started popping out of shining sky vaginas.
>>
>>32469143
Because the point of the banlist isn't to ban strong Pokemon, but to ban legendary and mythical Pokemon, which is something GF has done for ages, for better or for worse. (It's for worse)
Also
>100% Zygarde being worse than the Tapus
>>
hey at least it isn't like gen 5 all over again
>>
>>32469146
I don't have the rulesets for the Gen 6 comps available. It's possible they didn't state that all legendaries are banned, and just went to list banned Pokemon instead.
>>32469155
They are, but they never appeared in Sun.
You do make a decent point about Necrozma possibly being an UB, so I'll concede that point.
>>
>>32469161
This I am thankful for.

What if I start calling them sub legendary? Instead of a trio or a quad (tapus) we actually got a duodecuple sub legendary group called the ultra beasts!

Still fucking retarded.
>>
>>32468910
I'm fine with it as long as they have
>creative designs
>they aren't legendary lore wise (yes I know they are officially sublegends but they are not legendary in the sense that stuff like the Genies are)
I don't see what's so wrong with them anyway. Different looking because they're dimensional aliens, and a good way to implement sublegendaries as a species rather than just a hamfisted single one that's just kind of there.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.