[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0641.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0641.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So, I'm working on a rom hack. I'm not planning something massive or anything, but it at least has a full fake-dex. Designing them is not the problem, but my spriting skills kinda suck. Anyone either willing to help or got any advice?
>>
Even just an ideas pitch would help if you guys have any ideas
>>
http://makegames.tumblr.com/post/42648699708/pixel-art-tutorial
>>
Thanks man, that's actually really helpful.
>>
>>32464618
Spriting skills aside, the concept for Icre screams "I wanted an ice/fire but had no ideas so I just lit an ice cube on fire". It's honestly not a good concept for a serious fakemon but it'd be hilarious in a so-weird-it's-good hack (like Quartz)
>>
>>32466894
Yeaaaaah...I'd like to imagine that most of them are a bit more inspired then that, but that one was the first line I ever even conceptualized so...Yeah. I'll probably redo it.
>>
>>32464618
Try to capitalize on things SM hasn't done very well. Like sidequests, there should be NPC's littered around your game that give you interesting things to do. Maybe you have to rescue a stolen pokemon from team not-rocket, but to do so you end up having to infiltrate the organization in some backwater town to sabotage their stolen pokemon shipment, or a quest to find a legendary pokemon that is basically a cryptid and you have to sleuth around and talk to nutjobs to find it. Or maybe some bitter asshole lost to Chad Kantocock and can't beat him, so he asks you to hunt him down and get his prize money back in return for a pokemon with nonstandard moves or something. I don't know, side quests are a good idea but SM just had you catching pokemon for money and that's the lowest-effort shit possible.

It'd be a pain in the ass to implement, loads of custom event flags that would be easy to jumble together, but it'd be cool.
>>
>>32468496
Oh, there is a script I half-way started on, where there's a member of the evil team who begs you not to fight him. If you don't, he'll sell you stuff that they use (Like unique items.)
>>
>>32464640
You just sorted my weekend out for me. Thanks anon! Not OP, but i'm sure as hell learning this!
>>
Oh yeah, I can share the rom I have so far if anyone actually cares. At the moment it's sorta shit though.
>>
>>>/heg/
>>
>>32470229
Homogenous Electron Gas?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.