[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How might a game that lets you play through every region work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

How might a game that lets you play through every region work?
>>
It wouldnt.
>>
what the fuck is this map
>>
>>32464494
Would be pretty bad

The level curve would be shit, theres no way for it to not be shit
>>
>>32464510
Objectively wrong. Sinnoh is a northern region
>>
>>32464511
They'd need to scrap the level system of they ever wanted this to have a a chance of working, though I'm not sure about IVs and EVs. Either that, or experience only gives you access to new moves rather than levelling you up.
>>
>>32464511
Unless
>Get to choose which region you begin within
>Play through said region, game fastened so that each story remains the same, yet compatible with every sequence of possible regions you traverse to
>You must first complete a region's Pokemon League before alternating to a different one
>Each region you complete is "unlocked" and you can shift between unlocked regions at certain ports or harbors
>When traveling to a new, unlocked region, you may bring an egg from your box or party while still having the opportunity to pick a starter from the region you are entering, and every other party or boxed pokemon you have are made to be unavailable in regions in which you haven't completed
>Once a region is unlocked you can enter a universal PC whereas any pokemon can be stashed from any unlocked region
>Each region resets your journey, with the egg as an exception, levels begin traditionally in every new region you enter
This can be possible if higher memory storage is ever embraced which can arrive very shortly. There is really no other roadblock, and it is a play they can realistically conduct in the future.
>>
>>32464520
Exactly, and the Sevii Islands are supposed to be south of Kanto. That's ignoring complete nonsense like "New Kalos," "Arion," "Aviso," "Omas," "Iro," "Gema," and "Inridia."
>>
Step 1: remove the level cap. You can level as high as you want, it doesn't matter.
Step 2: every trainer, wild mon, and gym is scaled according to your highest leveled Pokemon, with certain limitations, Elder Scrolls style
Step 3: make it "open world" in the sense that you can go anywhere you're capable of battling through.

Voila, it works. It'd be an awful, painfully long and tedious game, but it would at least work mechanically.

This is and will always be a shitty idea, though. If you want a quest spanning many regions that lasts way too fucking long, play a Dragon Quest game. 7 comes to mind specifically.
>>
>>32464494
Region 1 (Kanto?): Earn 8 badges, but the Champ is busy in Region 2 fighting Team Badguys

Region 2 (Johto?): Fight Team Badguys while collecting 8 more badges. When you reach the league Team Badguys attack before you even start your challenge. They steal your team and shutdown the PC system, removing access to all Pokémon you caught and trained up to this point.

Region 3: You go to a third Region, and recieve a new starter, in order to train because there is no way you could beat Team Badguys as is. You meet Bill, Lannete and a few other PC people who inform you they have made a temporary storage system. Perhaps Alola could work here, get the Z-Crystals by completing the Challenges so you can use Z-Moves to get stronger. League is on hold due to a state of emergency.

Region 4: Fuck it, I started writing this and then needed to leave for a bit planning to finish it when I got back but I don't want to anymore.

TLDR: You don't challenge any E4 or Champions until post game, they are extra Bosses. You lose access to the Pokémon you already have at some point and then regain them in the Climax.
>>
>Level Curve
This meme needs to stop. It is possible to have a good level curve across two, possibly even 3, regions they just didn't.
>>
>>32464494
Remove the routes (they're just boring padding anyways) and have you travel from city to city by train, obtaining Pokemon by buying and trading them within cities. If the scale is still too large, each region can have just a few cities and gym leaders each (For example, Saffron in Kanto, Ecruteak in Johto, and so on) representing them.

Once you beat all the regions, you get a shot at participating in a huge world tournament against randomly selected E4 members and champions, and if you win it, you beat the game.
>>
>>32464494
>start in Alola, progress normally
>after beating Alola get SS Anne ticket to Kanto
>level curve continues from where Alola left off, approaches 100 near end of Kanto
>after you beat Kanto, free to go to any region
>NPCs "balanced" for level 100 teams.
>other regions function as post-game; you can challenge the gyms or do various plot lines in the regions
>PWT like feature returns

Now if only Gamefreak had infinite time and budget.

Probably two regions would make more sense than all.
>>
>>32464494
>orange islands
this isn't the anime
>>
>>32464569
This is the best option, and most realistic option. You have to enter each region brand new, and won't have access to your old pokemon until after you beat the league. they could even write it in that bill is traveling across the world to work on networking everyone's pc systems.
>>
>>32464494
remove the routes, as simple as that; obviously a 'main road' is necessary but exploration outside the roads would be pretty fucking neat
how would it work between two different regions? easy, banlists; you can't use mons from other regions before becomming the champ of the region you are; if you are already the champion of kalos, but not unova, all your kalos mons are banned there.
gyms have battles with different teams teams, for example you can use only 4 mons, and the gym leader has a pool in which he can choose 4 mons too with the same average level of yours and different sets (but always with his signature mon).
and finally killing the tall grass meme, I want myself to be in a jungle or in a desert, so if I can't see a fucking donphan, darmanitan or flygon it'd be cause the hail, trees or sand don't even let you watch the screen completely; the same with caves, I want them to be dark and maybe needing an item to walk faster (but only for walking faster, not 'you need useless item #100 to walk through this path') through them, a torch in caves, a machete in jungles.

Now you have the reason to go through all this giant map, exploration. Migration of mons and non-linear plot would help too; and to avoid the memers walking though all the regions with shitty teams, the weaker pokemon would be closer to cities/routes, but if you wanna go to the interesting paths or crossing between regions their level can be even 100, and that'd be the interesting way of putting mons with unique movesets into the game, for example
'news for all the trainers, beware of the jungle up north near the mount /vp/, some people say they are having hard encounters with an... idk some weird way to say close combat kommo-o'
sorry for the broken english
>>
>>32464569
You say this, but if they used gen 3/4 style on 3DS that would surely enable much more content? 3D Pokémon was a mistake
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.