[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not happening. We're getting gen 4 remakes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: Pokemon Stars.png (258KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Stars.png
258KB, 1024x576px
It's not happening.
We're getting gen 4 remakes.
>>
>another set of remakes only 3 years after the previous set of remakes
>two sets of remakes on the same console
>a set of remakes for games the console is fucking backwards compatible with
>gen 4 because reasons even though fucking FRLG is more outdated than DP is
>gen 5 somehow doesn't exist and EVERY GAME that isn't a new gen game must be a remake

Remakefags are retarded.
>>
File: 1aa.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1aa.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>32463333
checked
>>
>>32463333
Nice try. The Pokemon direct is coming after Japan golden week ends and Japan gets back to work. Expect it on Tuesday before corocoro leaks
>>
>>32463378
>not knowing BW2 was entirely under special circumstances
>>
>>32463333
I'd rather they finish SM than ruin DPP with ORAS-tier demakes.
>>
>wanting DiaPer remakes this early
kys
>>
>>32463461
>Wanting DiaPer remakes
just play platinum
>>
Honestly, I don't care if it's a remake or the alola third version, I just want news of something.
>>
>>32463378
FRLG isn't going to happen because it means they have to acknowledge Miss No-Name.
>>
>>32464110
who is this Miss No-Name? I'm lost. Do you mean the FRLG girl?
>>
>>32463378
"Remakefags" have literally never been wrong so far and its been 13 years since FRLG. You can do whatever kind of logic and reasoning and mental gymnastics that you like, but you have to be a special kind of fucking stupid to be betting against remakes happening.
>>
>>32463378
>implying 3ds and switch are the same console
>>
>>32463461

I'd literally buy a new mainline game every year, remake or new gen or sequel.
>>
Pokemon SM can be seen as finished games. More finished than XY
I kind of hope we don't get DPPt remakes, but it won't be the end of the world if we do. I'd rather have sequels though.
>>
File: 44605236_p28.jpg (174KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
44605236_p28.jpg
174KB, 600x440px
>>32464148
Yes. Surely you could have inferred that yourself.

>>32464207
>More finished than XY
That's not hard to do.

A sequel would be cool. Either way, I want to go back to Sinnoh.
>>
>>32463395
>i.e it breaks muh patterns and doesn't count because I say so>>32464158
>"Remakefags" have literally never been wrong so far

Yeah I sure love those gen 5 Hoenn remakes.
>>
Remakes (and noy just Sinnoh, same aplies ti any Kanto revisit) would be too early but to be fair its ay too early for Alola revisit. It was barely 6 months since SM release.

I feel next game wont be Kanto, Sinnoh nor Alola
>>
>>32463411
>I'd rather they finish SM
SM is finished. The story is done, there's barely any loose ends, not more than in any previous game
>>
>>32463333

DPPt were all about space legendaries and stuff.

Pokemon Stars is coming. Pokemon Stars is the remake.
>>
People still havent learned their lesson. GF stated several times they want to surprise people

Alola revisit would be too early and too predictable right now
Sinnoh or Kanto remakes/revisit would be too predictable right now (plus ORAS was just one game ago)

Try to be more creative
>>
DPPt remakes on Switch; how are we feeling about this possibility?
>>
If it's DPPt remake I'm confused as to how they will implement the Z-Ring since you only get one when doing the Alola trials unless the character moved to Sinnoh not long after doing the trials?
>>
>>32465744
or would it be post game where you would get one?
>>
>>32465274

people still havent fucking learnt that they only said that in the context of the situation when that interview took place, and not some general motto they have. also they are so clearly improvising this shit as they go along, it's more simple adapting than trying to be fresh or anything else.

>"is Z coming after XY?" - "haha we wanna surprise ppl :^)"
>>
>>32465711
Yes but not in this gen
>>
>>32465744
Realistically they'd probably implement it before you go to Canalave City when Team Galactic are at the lake. Someone would call you (or whatever happened in that game) and be like "hey, head down to Oreburgh—we found something kinda strange there", and then Rowan and Roark would have a convo with you about Mega Stones and give you the Z Ring and a mega stone.

Then you'd get flavor text when you mean the Steel-type leader who's related to the Rock-type leader and he'd go "oh wow you have a mega stone how cool blah blah you must be a big deal etc".
>>
>>32465783
Its nott just one situation.

People expected Hoenn remakes in gen 5. Didnt happen
People expected Gray. Didnt happen. We got sequels
People expected Z. Didnt happen. We got gen 7

Now for some reason people are convinced we must get either Alola (sequel or thiird game) or DP remakes next. Both are very predictable. Expect to be proven wrong again
>>
>>32465801
I'd expect Mega Evolutions to be post-game like in SM unless they add new ones for Sinnoh mons - I'd certainly prefer that, because they really shat over any difficulty in XY/ORAS. I suppose they could hand out the Mega Stones in the storyline and then give the player the Key Stone after becoming Champion though.

Z-Moves aren't quite as busted as Megas in the storyline, so I reckon they could throw those in somewhere around the 4th Badge.

>>32465817
inb4 Black and White 3
>>
>>32463378
FPBP
>>
>Gen 4 remakes
>not numbered Kanto sequels
>>
>>32465859
Kanto wont happen at least for a while. Just last year they released the original games on 3DS and made a transfer system between them and SM so there's literally no point of doing another kanto game for a while
>>
I want fucking GSC on the 3ds.

I will buy a New 3DS if they put it on there. GSC needs to be relevant again. Goddamnit.
>>
I think it's ridiculous to expect remakes only a little over 2 years after the last one and on a system that's backwards compatible with the generation 4 games

If DP remake happens (and let's be honest, with GFs lust for ez money, the probably will) it will be during gen 8 on the switch

>>32465817
Z was the only surprising one

BW2 is Grey split in two and sold as """sequels""" to milk more money from drones that buy every game

Hoenn remakes had no chance in hell to happen in gen 5 since it was way too late for another DS game, BW2 in 2012 was already pushing it (sounds familiar remakefags :^)?)
>>
>>32465744
>how they will implement the Z-Ring
They don't

And quite frankly I'd be fine with that
>>
>Munchlax event
>Type:Null and Arceus
>GEN IV cover legendaries description at Ether Paradise
>Ultra dimension and Distorted World
>Piplup and Lucario heavily featured in M20 promo
>Turtwig and Chimchar in PokéCenters
>Ash has got the fire and the grass starter as in the GEN IV anime
>Cheap game to make since they can reuse pretty much anything, from story to assets
>A new 3DS model just released
>Nintendo projects 40 million games sold in the current financial year but their big projects and attention is all on the Switch

jesus christ people, give up
DP remakes are happening this fall

>but muh DP are still playable on the 3DS

No. DP are fucking 11 years old game that are almost impossible to find to no-scalper price and are NOT on store. The whole "a remake is made on the console where the original is not playable anymore" is bullshit fan headcanon.
The DP remakes are cheap as fuck to make, heavily hinted and would guaranteed high return on a dying console with an huge user base. Nintendo, The Pokémon Company and GF laugh at your headcanon in the prospect of easy money.
The only thing we can do now it's hoping that GF will return to the old ways of doing remakes (add third version content and even more original content) but since that halfassed shitjob that was ORAS sold fucking 15M copies (better than LGFR and HGSS) I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>32465883
>Z was the only surprising one
No it wasnt. No one was expecting sequels and tons of people were expecting Hoenn in gen 5
>>
>>32465893
>DP remakes are happening this fall

Wow you're convinced arent you? The reality wll be more painful if you're wrong (i assume you dont even consider that)
>>
>>32465875
The VC releases are exactly what make numbered Kanto sequels viable, as it leaves the games fresh in the minds of not only old fans but new ones. And by the by, if it were to happen this year it'd be not that far off a gap to the VC release as BW2 to BW1 in Japan. And as we all know it's opportune timing with the movie.
>>
>>32463333
>we're getting gen 4 remakes
And it's all your fault.

What you SHOULD have asked for, is a PLATINUM remake.

You made the same mistake the Hoennbabies made, and now you're going to pay for it.
>>
>>32465895
>No one was expecting sequels
BW2 is the third version no matter how much delusional Unovabortions want to pretend otherwise.

>tons of people were expecting Hoenn in gen 5
Yeah because they were fucking retarded
>>
>>32465901
do people ever get sick of all of that kanto shilling?
>>
>>32465901
No, its not, if they wanted to bring back Kanto in any form they wouldnt bother with making soe pointless connection between RBY and SM because you'd be able to get regular Kanto mons in Kanto "sequels". Also we just got 20th annivesary. If there was any right time to go back to Kanto then it was last year to time it with all the annivesary promotion.

The movie is just the anime promotion. It includes Johto mons, Sinnoh mons aswell as Alolas, not just Kanto
>>
>>32465906
Hows that different from whats going on now? Most people are expcting either Alola 2 or Sinnoh. Are they less retarded then those people back then?
>>
>>32465924
We did go back to Kanto for the anniversary. Then they teased going back in SM. Now it's time for the money shot.
>>
It'll be Stars, Alola with a Kanto postgame like Sun/Moon hinted towards. Maybe there will be Alola/Kanto forms of Gen 4 pokemon, but it's not getting a remake.
>>
>>32465893
>Munchlax event
>Type:Null and Arceus
>GEN IV cover legendaries description at Ether Paradise
Anon, we had Hoenn remake hints as early as gen 4. Ingame hints really don't mean anything in the short run, especially considering that there are about as much, if not more, Kanto nods in SM and even some Unova nods as well

>Ash has got the fire and the grass starter as in the GEN IV anime
Now that's what I call reaching

>Cheap game to make since they can reuse pretty much anything, from story to assets
>A new 3DS model just released
>Nintendo projects 40 million games sold in the current financial year but their big projects and attention is all on the Switch
I hope you realise that all of these could be applied to Stars as well
>>
>>32465937
Thats delusional. Even Sinnoh remakes are more likely than Kanto 2 and they're still unlikely on 3ds

Not to mention GSC is Kanto sequel
>>
>>32465949
>Alola with a Kanto postgame like Sun/Moon hinted towards

They never hinted at anything like that.
Besides Kanto is very plain. It doesnt fit Alola at all
>>
>>32465951
Not to marketing it isn't. Kanto always wins, baby.
>>
>>32465955
Sure, thats why Hoenn and Johto remakes sold better than Kanto remakes
>>
>>32465962
the kanto remakes released when it's nostalgics were in the middle school, too edgy for pokemon phase and it still kept up in sales with the other two that released at relatively perfect timing.
>>
>>32465975
Sure, go search for more excuses

GF proved many times they love som Kanto nostalgia but not all the time and they dont need it. ORAS sales are the best proof for that. Last year was Kanto pandering in the games. This year it wont.
>>
>>32465982
what excuses? for the overwhelmingly most popular region that gets throwbacks more than any other? kanto is at the top of the marketing chain and you'd have to be an oblivious retard to not understand it.

frankly we're not getting sinnoh remakes because there's no real fan demand for them. GF already said that they decided to remake hoenn because they saw how much people online wanted it, where is the fan demand online for sinnoh remakes? all i see are a few fans trying to meme it into reality.
>>
>>32465932
Switch only came out this year and Nintendo is still officially supporting the 3DS. So no, its not nearly as retarded as people beliving there would be a gen 5 Hoenn remake on the DS fucking 2 years into a new systems life cycle.

I mean, there is still a decent chance the next game is going to be on Switch like the yurogamer leak suggests but it's not completely ridiculous to believe it could also be on the (New) 3DS as well.
>>
>>32466002
Now you're jut playing stupid. People have been psting about Sinnoh remakes for several months now.

Besides if GF thought Kanto nostlagia is so necessary they'd do that all the time. Guess what: they're not. They're doing it every few years (2004, 2009, 2013, 2016) but dont expect it to happen for a few years in row because there's no point. GF is a big company and they know that if they want to go forward and be taken seriously they must balance nostalgia and new stuff. Going full Kanto mode for a whole generation wont make them look as a company with big ambitions and skill

And dont worry about money, They'll make tons of money anyway.
>>
>>32466024
>Now you're jut playing stupid. People have been psting about Sinnoh remakes for several months now.
it's nothing to what hoenn had, you're either new or lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

>Besides if GF thought Kanto nostlagia is so necessary they'd do that all the time. Guess what: they're not.
they're literally foregoing advertising the current anime with the next movie to do a throwback movie. the main animation release this year is kanto, probably because of how bad the last few movies have done.

> if they want to go forward and be taken seriously they must balance nostalgia and new stuff
>wont make them look as a company with big ambitions and skill
there is literally nothing new or ambitious about sinnoh remakes or third version or remakes in general.
>>
>>32465900
I'm feeling them girl, I didn't say I want them. The whole 3DS saga has been a whole disappointment after another and I'll gladly take a couple of gap years (maybe they could start putting decent spinoffs out again instead of smartphone p2w crap) and then a return to form on the Switch, but I'm afraid that we're going to get at least a last 3DS game. There's no way that they're going to sell 40 million 3DS games without Pokemon, and the clues point towards DP remakes.
>>
>>32465950
>Anon, we had Hoenn remake hints as early as gen 4. Ingame hints really don't mean anything in the short run, especially considering that there are about as much, if not more, Kanto nods in SM and even some Unova nods as well

True to that. But they're definitely hinted more heavily than any other game (since they said that third versions are out of the picture). The things that convinces me the most is that the most prominent clues (Munchlax event, lack of Sinnoh mon in Alola Dex) where also the most prominent clues in XY that a RS remake was coming (Torchic event, lack of Hoenn mon). Plus I can definitely see the dev finding balance in having a northern, mountainous, snowy region after an archipelago. Man I'd even say their main promotional material will be Sinnoh forms and new Z moves, as ORAS introduced new megas.

>Now that's what I call reaching
Again, true. But those Piplup and Lucario in M20 are definitely suspicious. Especially that Piplup. Plus guess what, the GEN VI anime had 3 companion instead of four one of which was younger and every one of the main character had a starter, exactly like GEN III anime. I'm just saying that animators know about what main game is coming next and they like playing with that.

>I hope you realise that all of these could be applied to Stars as well
Truth, but Stars is just a codename. It could easily refer to DP remakes.

Again, I don't want DP remakes. Platinum it's maybe my favourite game and Sinnoh my favourite region, but the 3DS trend is so negative that I'm dreading what they're going to do to my favourite region, but I can see the hints. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. If they're going to make another 3DS game I'll gladly take a third version of SM more, since the games had a good story but so many easy fixable mistakes.. plus YW seems to be selling the third version gimmick well, maybe is time to pokemon to return to it. The best games in the franchise are all third versions, after all.
>>
>>
>>32466078
>since they said that third versions are out of the picture
[citation needed]

>Truth, but Stars is just a codename.
Except the site that first revealed the Stars codename explicitly said it's a Sun/Moon Switch port (which most assume is a third version since a 1-to-1 port would be odd to put it midly).

>The best games in the franchise are all third versions, after all.
Indeed, though to be fair remakes also had a decent run (not counting the ORAS blunder).
>>
>>32466002
>where is the fan demand online for sinnoh remakes?
This is a good point. I feel people only post about Sinnoh remakes because they assume this is Gamefreaks modus operandi from now on (new gen-remake-new gen-remake...) and they're going to remake every gen at least once.

While I don't doubt Gamefreaks love for easy money I think they still might hold some surprises for us down the road.

>>32466078
>plus YW seems to be selling the third version gimmick well
Don't forget Monster Hunter, another popular Japanese series
>>
>>32465893
>are NOT on store
they got a reprint in germany dont know about other countries
>>
>>32466041
>they're literally foregoing advertising the current anime with the next movie to do a throwback movie. the main animation release this year is kanto, probably because of how bad the last few movies have done.

Nope, they're doing Kanto movie because of anime annivesary, not becaue of rcent movies. Also the anime being Kanto doesnt mean anything for the games. Last year the anime didnt contibute to te annivesary at all because it was the game anniveary. This year its for the anime thats why they're doing a throwback movie. Thats all there is to it
>>
>>32465881
this
>>
We're getting sun 2 and moon 2.
>>
>>32466766
Thats not likely either because Alola is so small and packed so there is no space for new cities routes etc

The story is also finished. There's no bad guys who could be the evil team in part 2
>>
>>32463378
Patternfags are retarded.
>>
>It's too early for DP Remakes!

It's been 11 years since they came out.
>>
>>32464196

>autists with low-standards buy rehashed shit every year

No surprises here
>>
>Wanting DP Remakes
>not A Platinum remake.
>>
File: 1366605026235.png (49KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
1366605026235.png
49KB, 444x287px
>>32465881

>waiting to buy a port of a 17 year old game instead of just emulating it right now
>>
>>32467242
Too early since the last remakes. They should focus more on new games instead of gong to the past every 2-3 years
>>
>>32467307
I don't want to wait until 2020 anon...
>>
>>32467319
Its not about what we want but whats realistic, Nex game is either in development or even close to be finished. Sinnoh remakes or Kanto remakes(or sequels because some think GSC werent enough) simply arent realistic just yet
>>
>>32465906
>BW2 is the third version no matter how much delusional Unovabortions want to pretend otherwise.

I wasn't aware third versions had completely different protags, plot, areas and half the gym leaders changed.
>>
>>32463333
Nope we're getting Z
>>
>>32465893
Using old Pokemon doesn't make it a hint at a remake you retard. The rest of your post is just straw grasping. Another game that takes place in Alola would be even easier to shit out than a remake.

By remakefag logic they're going to remake FRLG anyway. For every Sinnoh reference there at least two Kanto references. Yet remakefags jump on Sinnoh because they're retarded Sinnohfetuses with confirmation bias.

>>32467256
>wanting remakes at all
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.