[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: International_Pokémon_logo.svg.png (119KB, 1200x442px) Image search: [Google]
International_Pokémon_logo.svg.png
119KB, 1200x442px
When will we see another generation of pokemon?
>>
>>32460838
Every generations has lasted for about 3 to 4 years, but we've already run out of event mons with Sun and Moon not even being a year old so who knows.
>>
>>32460994
>2-3 more years until new generation
Fugg
>>
>>32461008
That is if you go by the Japanese dates, a few generations felt shorter to us since we missed out on 2 years of gen 1 and XY started the whole worldwide release which gave us gen 6 "a year early" in a sense.
>>
Holiday season of 2018, probably. Announced in May of 2018.

They're burning through this gen too fast, it only makes sense that they'll release the next gen sooner.

Also, expect a new game announced by the end of this month. Either stars or a new remake, one of the two, but it'll almost certainly happen. They need Pokemon to sell the n2DSxl this holiday season.
>>
>>32461047
I'm beginning to think this gen is more of an anniversary gen, like you said all signs point toward this one not lasting as long as the others.
>>
>>32460838
Hopefully not until 2020, if not later. The longer a single generation lasts the better it gets, and I don't want them cutting another generation off like they did Gen 6. SM weren't good but they have potential, and I'm willing to see if they get a Platinum-tier third version that fixes the cutscene issue.
>>
I wonder who was the designer of original I gen and where is he now.
Latest designs look uninspired. I would like to see new pokemon to be more like First generation.
They looks more organic somehow.
>>
>>32461064
Unless if we get Kanto or Sinnoh remakes that won't even be a problem, gens 3 and 4 had to be extended by a year due to having remakes, but for some reason they just stuck with the 3 years for gen 6, basically dropping potential for a Z version. It's sad too, because Kalos could've benefited greatly with another game.
>>
>>32461098
I agree. As bad as XY were, there were good parts to the region. I think it really needed an expansion a la BW2 Unova to fill it out, which it seemed like they were going to do with the whole Southern Kalos thing.
We'll never know why they dropped Z, will we?
>>
>>32461113
My theory is that they thought releasing a remake on the 20th anniversary of the series might send the wrong message: that they're just rehashing the same shit over and over. So instead, they rushed to Sun and Moon, where they tried to mix up the formula and revitalize the series a bit. Send a message that the series is trying new things, aiming for the future.

I don't think the message survived past Gamefreak's front door, though.
>>
>>32461144
This, they needed to do something special for the 20th anniversary milestone since it's common for companies to do something special whenever an anniversary hits. They had this mindset years in advance and didn't even bother on trying to hide it when they said we'd be seeing another region soon when the XY games just released. I will always remember Kalos as the region that was brushed off to the side because of this.
>>
>>32460838
>>
I want to see some kind of North country with pokemons that live in Tundra, Taiga and ice deeserts. Something like NotRussia, notFinland.
>>
Sun and moon were a mistake, I can see the next gen coming sooner than normal. I can also see it being just as rushed and shitty.

Face it guys, Pokemon is past it's prime.
>>
>>32461291
We'll see, I got a sense that SM was released to give us something new for our 20th anniversary, but ending gen 6 a little prematurely in the process when it could've had one more game to make the gen more memorable. Even with all of that, gen 6 still lasted for about 3 years so it's not like gens are releasing faster right now or anything.
>>
2020 for the Tokyo Olympics
>>
>>32461339
Pokémon SuMo took 4 years to be made, tho.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.