[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It turns out the truth behind the GS Ball is a long and very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: GS_Ball_anime.png (288KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GS_Ball_anime.png
288KB, 640x480px
It turns out the truth behind the GS Ball is a long and very ugly story:

>Gold and Silver in production
>Let's advertise it with a Gold and Silver Ball
>Give it to Ash a year in advance
>Hype it
>Decide to do a massive GS Ball Celebi arc in the second year of Johto
>Plan Johto movies to be about the three Beasts
>First is Entei
>Entei movie is made
>Next movie is Suicune
>Marketing decides Celebi is cute
>"Fuck you, your next movie will be Celebi and you won't put it in the show"
>"But we've already started the arc"
>"No, fuck you, Celebi will not be in the show, it will be in the movie so we can market it"
>"Goddammit, now what the fuck do we do?"
>Celebi's spot is filled with endless strings of easy to write filler episodes
>GS Ball never mentioned again
>Suicune is written into the Celebi movie anyway
>Shudo says, "fuck you executives," and leaves the anime
>Raikou movie time
>Executives now want to market the new games, so movie will be about Latios and Latias
>Raikou gets stuck with just a special advertising Crystal

And that's why Executives suck.
>>
>>32453348
At least it was used in Japanese Crystal for Celebi's in-game event.
>>
>>32453348
>GS ball
GS stands for gold and silver right?
>>
>>32453348
Who knows what would have happened if Shudo have had less meddling, both from the west and the east.
Inb4 t-rex
>>
>>32453348
I don't think Celebi was the reason Johto was full of filler. It did that of it's own accord, before the whole Celebi business was going to take place. It was full of filler because now they had years to fill and they didn't know how to do it.
>>
>>32453444
The anime would've ended in Kanto, but it wouldn't have been a happy ending and honestly it would've been an edge fest the likes of which has only been seen in fanfiction.
>>
>>32453348
Really a bad move, a Celebi arc could've been the fuel that the Johto needed to get out of the sameness, during Johto a lot of people dropped the anime because it got too repetitive and "safe", it simply lost the edge.
>>
>>32453464
If it ended in Kanto, I could see two possible endings:

1- Ash loses the League and give up in trying to be a Pokemon Master, since it's something "childish" that kids eventually overcome, he proceeds to a normal life as a normal member of society (I think Shudo wanted this one? I think I heard it somewhere).

2- Remember that First-Movie preview that shows Misty with a child, wainting for Ash in some kind of park? The movie would be completely different, since it would be a flashback, but it probably was meant to be the end of the series (or at least, the end of Ash in the anime), he was supposed to marry Misty and have a daughter.
>>
>>32453508
The first one is most likely, though I don't know how far it extended. According to him, women ran the world and most males either died or wandered the world forever. Shudo did not believe in shipping, so I don't entirely believe in that theory. Honestly, I think the moment pokemon came back after the Porygon fiasco was when his control started to slip, if he had that much to begin with. Now pokemon was bigger than they realized and they pretty much sold out. I'm pretty sure the movie was in production at this point, but I haven't really done an analysis of the time frame. All I remember is something about a pokemon war, where they seek to rebel against their oppressors. I forget how it ends. Mewtwo might've originally been a part of this idea, but again, I forget.
>>
>>32453541
>All I remember is something about a pokemon war, where they seek to rebel against their oppressors. I forget how it ends. Mewtwo might've originally been a part of this idea, but again, I forget.
So, kinda like what the first movie already is (Mewtwo and the clones rebelling against humans), but ten times more crazy?

Shudo had a interesting view of the Pokemon world, he thought of it not as mere advertisement, but as something a bit more deep and well thought. Now with the Sun/Moon anime, it's really crazy how much it deviated from the original idea that Shudo envisioned.
>>
>>32453572
Do you guys know where I can read up on this more? It sounds pretty interesting.
>>
>>32453572
Reputedly, it would've involved ALL pokemon, including that of the protagonists. Yes, even Pikachu if I remember correctly.

Here's the thing: I can see why Shudo thought the way he did. The game world makes absolutely no sense, and it's premise is pointless at best. However, I don't think he should've just given up on it, then again, he might've further had no choice, since he had to represent the game as it is. He was doomed from the start.
>>
>>32453590
Also interested, Johto feels like it was supposed to be jammed with lore all over the place and then never delivered in any of the media.
>>
So Pokemon sagas fall apart when they're forced to abandon arcs
Johto was promising until they fucked up the GS ball
Black and White started off very interesting until the 2011 earthquake
>>
>>32453508
These aren't mutually exclusive, they would have likely both happened had the show ended after eighteen months as original planned.
>>
I wonder if Meloetta's arc from BW was inspired by Celebi's aborted one.
>>
>>32453383
...maybe
>>
>>32453348

they could just finish suicune and celebi arc in the movie...
>>
>>32453632

japs are fucking shitty, I remember when first movie had to be one big apocalypse, then they changed the plot, later they fucked up celebi plot while they could just put war between humans and pokemon into the movie and make celebi from gx ball and suiciune the stars who will help finish the movie by showing all involved pokemon future of their world that they should to follow
>>
>>32454881

gs* finish the war* omg facepalm
>>
>>32453383
Nah it stands for generation second or grass sprite
>>
>>32453383
>>32455037
Actually it stands for Gone Shudo. As it is meant to get Celebi, did so to get Celebi and then named it the GS ball to try and warn them of the future.
>>
>>32453348
Don't forget Entei was initially supposed to get the special treatment of the trio, before they switched over to Suicune.

They gave it a movie and there's an unused scripted encounter with it in GSC.
>>
>>32453383
It means Go Super, since Master Balls wouldn't work on Celebi.
>>
>>32453590
>>32454579
Shudo wrote a book about the whole world of Pokemon, explaining how it works and other technicalities (like backstory for Ash's grandfather and father, Oak's family history, Pallet Town's history, the whole Officer Jenny, Nurse Joy situation, and even the way pokemons came to existance)
a youtuber named Hoopsandhophops is doing series on this book so you can check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5twOxLAxII&ab_channel=HoopsandHipHop
>>
>>32455543

i'm interested in the topic but this youtuber is awful and cringy...
>>
>>32455603
As every "poketuber", this one is at least tolerable

http://pokemonthenovel.dreamwidth.org/380.html

Here's the source material, a lot of stuff included in it, mostly just what we saw in the anime, only updated with the newfound knowledge, video just gives a quick rundown of the most interesting bits
>>
>>32455674

thanks man
>>
>>32455674
>Expecting some actual series notes and essays about what he wanted to do with the series
>Instead its just a novelization of the show

I should have know everyone was talking out their ass about this. This is like finding out about the Gundam novelizations and being mad that Amuro lived and there weren't 3 different Gundam he piloted in the show. The head writer/showrunner novelizations are almost always the stuff that every agreed wouldn't work for the show for the onset, but would make for a good book.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.