[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on Gengar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1462281036225.jpg (99KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
1462281036225.jpg
99KB, 600x494px
What is your opinion on Gengar?
>>
Love it. Good, simple design, great in battle. One of the top Ghosties.
>>
>>32452966
Good in battle, nothing special design wise. The mega looks great though.
>>
Tricky to deal with competitively.
>>
>>32452966
Simple and nice Pokemon. This is the ideal type of Pokemon for me. A lot would call it "boring", but it manages to be fun by just having a nice body shape and simple colors, not forcing too much themes in its design.
That said, I think it's overrated to as fuck too.
>>
she's cute!
>>
Kawaii and kawai, I like him.
>>
Liked it more since Blue Rescue Team
>>
>>32453032
>>32453049
>she
>him
Which one is the truth
>>
File: geng.png (31KB, 212x229px) Image search: [Google]
geng.png
31KB, 212x229px
>>32453291
I think it's obvious.
>>
>>32453298
Better be male
>>
>>32453301
It's female
>>
>>32452993
>nothing special design wise
It's a simple and straightforward design but it works well.
Another example would be the Porygon line.
>>
I liked it more once I found out it's sugimori's favorite Mon.
>>
>>32452966
One of the all time greats. Didn't deserve to lose levitate, Gamefreak should be euthanized.
>>
>>32454281
What are the other "all time greats"?
>>
>>32454288
Shit like gyarados and snorlax and nidoking, that are just well-liked period. Gen 1 is pandered to way too hard, but it had some great designs.

Shame snorlax will never be good again.
>>
>>32452966
>Diglett used Mud Slap!
>>
>>32454299
He'll be fine in RU and UU. The only way for him to climb up OU or Ubers is when they give him his long-waited mega, with some stupid ability like auto trickroom or sth
>>
>>32454372
Mega Snorlax just needs huge power
>>
>>32452966
Not a fan. It ruined Haunter for me.
>>
>>32452966
Gengar is one of my all-time favorites. It's a simple design, but it works really well. And it has always been good in battle in all 7 generations. It's also pretty much the face of the ghost-type, though that's mostly because it's the only fully evolved ghost from gen 1.
>>
I always have hated it and I always will hate it.
>>
File: tumblr_ofxuteqawM1uic5f7o1_400.png (83KB, 400x497px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofxuteqawM1uic5f7o1_400.png
83KB, 400x497px
>>32452966
Pretty cool but a bit overrated. For our first ghost I appreciate the originality but some things like how the poison typing isn't really reflected in its appearance or behavior.
>>
>>32454591
Yeah I never understood why the dual typing.
Making it pure ghost would've been better
>>
>>32453291
It can be either
>>
I liked it until FRLG when it started looking more like some kind of blob, and Haunter is god tier so I almost never evolve it. Mega Gengar is fucking rad though
>>
>>32452990
>great in battle
Yeah people keep trying to pretend losing levitate wasn't a big deal but those people are idiots
>>
>>32454987
It's still viable in OU.
>>
>Gengar
>Tyranitar
Now that Starmie has fallen, are these guys the only two non-legendary pokemon to have been consistently great for more than a decade?
>>
>>32456233
Gengar is getting powercreeped all the way to UU if not RU in the next gen.
>>
>>32452966
Too safe of a design for me to like it, but i don't hate it.
>>
Too bad ghost and poison are both shit in the monotype metagame
>>
>>32452966
Alakazam was always more popular of the two on my playground desu

Gengar is kind of unmemorable when you take Sugi's dicksucking out of equation
>>
>>32456643
Maybe, but right now in gen 7 it's still great. It's rated UU but very viable on OU. It was in fact on the verge of rising to OU again before Zarel's server broke and stats stopped appearing. It had the required usage to rise to OU in march, but the april stats were never published due to the server breaking.

Gengar will fall down and stop being used when the speed creep becomes big enough that 110 speed is no longer fast enough for a squishy mon, but right now it's still fine.
>>
>>32459853
>Mega Gengar might be OU next gen
Fucking hell.
>>
>>32459984
>Mega Gengar might be OU next gen

No way that's happening. Mega Gengar isn't just Ubers, it's S-tier in Ubers, one of the highest rated pokemon in the tier. 130 speed with 170 Sp.atk. is already insane but Shadow Tag is the true kicker.
You'd see Kyogre and Giratina drop out of Ubers before Mega Gengar.
>>
>>32460030
>it's S-tier in Ubers

Wew, I just checked. It's actually no longer S-rank, it's the highest pokemon in A+ rank now. Drop to OU confirmed.
>>
I think it's overrated as hell and I'm tired of how shilled it is.
>>
>>32460046
At this point are there even any pokemon that we're absolutely sure aren't going to get fucked by powercreep?
Aside from the obvious p-don, fug and all those, I mean.
GF is fucking things up more and more with every gen.
>>
>>32460163
Powercreep fucks everything, even Primal-Groudon and Mega-Fug will eventually be outclassed.

Still, even at the fast pace the powercreep is going we're not going to see Mega-Gengar drop to OU in the next 2-3 generations unless it gets nerfed or some drastical changes that affect everything (like how gen 3 introduced abilities) are coming to the franchise.
>>
>>32460243
>Mega-Fug will eventually be outclassed
That's a scary thought.
>>
>>32452966
Love it, too ban I dont have friends
>>
>>32461001
Unless we get something like Mega Arceus (which even then has to be extremely good), then no, it won't. Not many pokemon can outclass regular Ray let alone his mega.

Power creep can only go so far before people question it, especially if they keep blatantly shilling and overpowering pokemon and types (fairy, UB's)
>>
>>32460243
just think about how irrelevant all the pokemon from before are going to be at that point. Happened to genwun pretty quick.
>>
>>32461722
>which even then has to be extremely good
Primal Arceus would probably have something like 150 across the board excluding HP, mega evolves with Judgment so it can hold a plate/z-crystal and some bullshit ability that combines Multitype and Protean or Adaptability.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.