[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

find a flaw hint: the whole thing is one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (14KB, 254x173px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 254x173px
find a flaw

hint: the whole thing is one
>>
>>32452818
The only flaw is how dumb its wings are some times. Other than that this is a good design, just like the other two starters. These guys are only hated here because their fanbases are shit, though for the most part its just falseflaggers now.
>>
>>32452827
fpbp
>>
>>32452835

>bump
>>
I was told to find a flaw, but the only flaw I found was OP instead for making this thread in the first place.
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 1597x1600px
>>32452860
>>
>>32452827
I hate how most people can only think of meme complaints instead of what you said
>>
>>32452827
I wish the feathers had just a bit more texture to the over the solid cape look.
>>
>>32452818
Feather fingers. Fucking hell I hate those. Also the fact that basically nothing about the design communicates the Ghost-type. Also the spots on the outside of its wings and the weird triangle pattern on the inside of its wings. Also the fact that the cowl looks more like a hoodie.
I hate how much I dislike Decidueye because I love Rowlet and Dartrix so much, and a Grass/Ghost archer owl sounds cool as fuck on paper, but the design just doesn't do anything for me at all.
>>
>>32452818
Stats, and the color scheme makes no sense to the ghost type, the shiny one does.
>>
>>32452860
that just means you suck at this game
>>
>>32452860
This whole thread is a flaw, starter wars are for autists
And holy shit gen 7 starter wars are borderline terminal 7 levels of autism
>>
>>32452827
>good design
>just like the other two starters
This guy fucking gets it. Save for some minor oddities the Gen 7 starters have pretty good designs.
>>
>>32453197
I disagree. I'd say they all have pretty good concepts, but not good designs.
>>
>>32453209
Let me ask you this; does your complaint towards the Gen 7 starters include the words "nu-male", "barafag", "tranny", or something similar? If no, then your opinion is perfectly valid.
>>
Gen 7 is a flaw.
>>
>>32452818
Same as the other, it's given way too specific personality traits. That, alongside hoe human they look, make them feel more like dudes in fursuits than Pokemon.
>>
>>32452818
It's stats
>>
>>32453468
This so much. Gen 7 starters aren't poorly designed creatures but they aren't your tamed animals anymore. They're like people with predetermined personalities and you're the only one who gets to have them
>>
>>32453476
>They're like people with predetermined personalities
This only really applies to Incineroar and maybe the starters' middle stages. Decidueye gets a sentence about it getting flustered easily and Primarina gets nothing hinting its actual personality besides being called the "soloist pokemon"(which kind of contradicts the description of it singing with other Primarina in colonies..?). But I don't see what's wrong with giving pokemon a little character since it makes them more interesting though I do think they went a bit too far with Incineroar even though I liked its flavor text. Pokemon species with specific backstories/personality traits isn't unique to the starters anyway(i.e Mimikyu, Cubone, Steenee/Tsareena, etc.), and those things actually made them more appealing to fans.

If you're talking about how their designs make them seem like unique characters, then yeah, I agree.
>>
>>32453578
>And Primarina gets nothing hinting its actual personality besides being called the "soloist pokemon"(which kind of contradicts the description of it singing with other Primarina in colonies..?)

It's a pokemon based on the combination of a sea lion, prima donna with possible Japanese pop idol, mermaid and selkie influence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prima_donna

>Prime donne often had grand off-stage personalities and were seen as demanding of their colleagues. From its original usage in opera, the term has spread in contemporary usage to refer to anyone behaving in a demanding or temperamental fashion or having an inflated view of oneself and a narcissistic attitude.

Primarina's a total prima donna, literally a star of the show mon. Possibly in the worst way imaginable, but mileage may vary.
>>
>>32452818

it's too edgy
>>
>>32452818

I don't like the polkadots, they're stupid looking and too spaced out.

The finger feathers are also kind of gross and weird. Typing is also stupid.
>>
>>32453869
The Pokémon itself is not necessarily based on prime donne though, just the english name. Assigning a personality to a Pokémon just because of a name that's not even the original one and (maybe) one of its minor ispirations is a bit far-fetched, I think.
>>
>>32453057
>Dartrix
>Love
>>
>>32453924
What's wrong with Dartrix?
>>
>>32453921

Still, generally, it can sing (several types of songs, even). It is adorned in such a way, it easily makes it stand out. It's got the capabilities to make a scenery with water bubbles IIRC from the site. It might not have the exact personality of a prima donna, but it wouldn't be impossible for the species to act like such, distinguishing from one another. Singing in colonies and learning songs from generation to generation, these Primarina might stray off to stand on their own and sing in some random shore, until they dive into the ocean again to wander off. They might not do much but they might also train their singing somewhere or simply care for their pups.
>>
>>32453468
Don't forget they all have weird hands, not just Incineroar
>>
>>32453976
I don't disagree with you completely, but I think that's just your interpretation. I see Primarina in a completely different way, just like I see Decidueye as a goofy owl that gets scared easily when I'm sure there's people that see it more as a confident/heroic/cool Archer, or maybe even both things at the same time.
And that's basically it, you can project a personality into them if you want, but they don't really have a clear one by default. I think that's what the other anon meant too.
>>
>>32454014

Let me guess, motherly caring figure who cares for her pups and protects them? I added that bit there too since I realize that a lot of people see her like this, which may or may not be true (might mostly be). But like you said, there's no clear personality given to her or at least, definitely not as much as Incineroar was given. People simply like to project what they might see from certain mons, either willingly or not. In my case, I can see it act motherly, but at the same time, I can't really picture all Primarinas to be all sweet and lovey dovey at the same time without a bit of anything else in there. You've got to wonder about the influences that were used to design her as well. Like the whole mythology side to it and all.

>just like I see Decidueye as a goofy owl that gets scared easily

This one's reasonable because it was given as a actual personality in the site as well. We can't really assume all Decidueyes to be like such though, but there's a bit of foundation in here as well, one we can probably conclude that is a part of most Decidueyes.
>>
File: C-d8w_-UQAAKvAU.jpg large.jpg (238KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C-d8w_-UQAAKvAU.jpg large.jpg
238KB, 713x1024px
>>32454077
>motherly caring figure who cares for her pups and protects them?
Not really, although I really like that interpretation too, especially in art.
I see it more as a snotty and playful performer that likes to mock its opponents in battle and is fully confident and proud of its strenght and looks, but ultimately wants to use its talent in singing to make others happy. A bit of an evolution of what people think of Popplio, just with more elegant looks.
I can't really dislike any of the interpratations given so far, though, and I think all of them work pretty well for Primarina.
>>
>>32454175
>I can't really dislike any of the interpretations given so far, though, and I think all of them work pretty well for Primarina.
Yeah, even though I'm still disappointed Primarina's official descriptions never gave it a personality, it's nice to imagine all the possible personalities it could have. Smug Primarina is the most fun interpretation for me tbqh
>>
>>32454175
Translation of this when? I really like the Alola starters
>>
>>32454674
here
>>32422322
I don't think we should bump this thread any further, though.
>>
>>32454674
An anon already translated it.

Panel 1:
>Today there is a fun athletic event.

Panel 2:
>Eh? You're confident about 50m breaststrokes?
>*nod* *nod*

Panel 3:
>Even the swimming competition event?
>*giggle* After all, they call me Hashireenu.
(Hashiru = to run, sprint, Ashireenu = Primarina, it's a pun)

Panel 4:
>At the same moment, Incineroar at the obstacle course...
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.