[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we put a stop to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: how to ladder on showdown.png (127KB, 1415x202px) Image search: [Google]
how to ladder on showdown.png
127KB, 1415x202px
How do we put a stop to this?
>>
ban them all
>>
play random battle

its actually fun
>>
Make a fast pokemon with mold breaker and heal block.
>>
You git gud
>>
>>32447144
>OU
that was you're first mistake
>>
>>32447144
put landorus-i back into the tier
>>
File: 1487365856931m.jpg (178KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487365856931m.jpg
178KB, 1024x1024px
>>32447151
>Play random battle
>I have Liepard, he has Toxapex
>I swap to Porygon2, his Baneful Bunker fails
>He forfeits
If you're reading this I hope you know you're a faggot.
>>
>>32447144
you ban dugtrio
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 199x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 199x250px
>>32447151 # #
Not when you get mons that are all weak to one type and that type happens to be something the other guy has
Still haven't passed 1430
>>
>>32447201
The Duggy suspect test proved that wouldn't work.
>>
>>32447201
>muh trapping is uncompetitive
>>
>>32447151
>>32447193
I can't even count the number of battles I won because of people constantly switching. That's the biggest problem with random battles, people switch out way too much.
>>
>>32447144

>Run Taunt Lele with Twistedspoon
>????????
>Profit!!!!
>>
ALLO?

CAN I AV

EIGHT WHOPPAHS

SEVEN DABBLE CHEESEBURGAHS

N SOME FACKEN DIDDY DONATS
>>
5 Mold Breaker setups + Tapu Lele
>>
File: 1363595108492.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1363595108492.png
12KB, 400x400px
>>32447144
mean look mismagius with perish song.
give it shadow ball for dugtrio.
>>
Mega Zard Y + Banded TTar always used to smack around this kind of team in ORAS. Bring in Zard, they bring in their Chansey like a dipshit, used banded Pursuit as it tries to switch out and it takes 60+% so it can't switch into zard anymore. That said, duggy and toxapex make that more difficult now. If they'd just release mega Gardevoir or Heracross it'd be ten times less of an issue.
>>
>>32447626
magic bounce lol
>>
>>32447684
skill swap XD
>>
>>32447688
shitty c-team XD
>>
>>32447174
this desu
>>32447182
this too
>>
>>32447587
Duggy makes it really difficult for Lele and similar wallbreakers to break down stall. They'll usually end up getting one kill at best before getting trapped.
>>
>>32447700
>a single pokemon makes the entire team shitty
git gud lol
>>
>>32447776
>wasted slot
git gud lol
>>
>>32447780
>counter any and all forms of stall
>'wasted'
git gud lol
>>
>>32447786
>dead weight against offense
git gud lol
>>
>>32447786
>"oh cool I'm not playing stall"
>well, better hope I can win with 5 pokemon vs Landorus, Zygarde, Lele, Heatran, Greninja, and Tangrowth
>>
>>32447791
>>32447795
>not carrying walls
git gud lol
>>
>>32447144
Ban Mega Sableye.
>>
Clefable
>steel types are immune to toxic and hit SE
Chansey
>any physical attacking poision or steel type, esp if they have fight coverage. Also a fighting type with a lum berry
Dugtrio
>any ice, water, or grass move
Skarmory
>Magnezone or any hard hitting electric or ice move. I use Magnezone to guarantee a KO with magnet pull, but Raikou can force a switch out
Mega Sableye
>fuck this thing, the best thing to do from what I've done is bait it out with someone who doesn't care about status (usually special attackers cuz lol will o wisp) and hit it harder than it can recover. Also scald burns on it are fun.
Toxapex
>any earthquake. Really any strong ground, electric, or psychic move, but I find success with Earthquake. Also baiting spiky shield or w/e it gets with a Swords Dance is fun
>>
>>32447832
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that knock off destroys Chansey (and to some degree Clefable). Also Clefable doesn't have that good of defenses, so anyone who's boosted kills it. Also Gengar can hit it hard w/sludge wave. Or any fast poision type really.
>>
>>32447144

Mega scizor? I'm not seeing how any of them can stop a roosing/swords dancing/bullet punching/knock offing scizor.

Skarmory might need to be softened up first, and then you just avoid the will o wisp from sableye
>>
>>32447877
haze toxapex
>>
>>32447144

Easy to counter. Just look this replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-274038
>>
>>32447913
That stall player misplayed horribly around the Magnezone; this shouldn't be used as evidence.
>>
>>32447151

>actually fun
>you always lose at higher elo to one mistake, critical, or otherwise stacked bullshit rng

The only time I ever lose is to these things. I'm 1900 and I can tell you the tier is cancer and completely cured me of pokemon. I started playing it and battle factory because the other metas were cancer but lo and behold, smogon can't get it right even when their autistic stupidity is controlled through randomized sets, because zarels strategically coded rng will fuck you in the end.

*paralyzes you 3 times*
*hits hurricane 6 times in a row, ohko on entire team*
*clicks geomancy*
*min rolls a +1 4x damage roll*

The list goes on and it only happens in rand bat. It's a Jewish scheme to get you to keep playing and wasting your time in this franchise rather than play something satisfying and with some substance.
>>
Play Gen 3 OU
>>
>
>>
>>32448346
>Hey, I'll bet I can use this copy/pasted team from Smogon's official sample teams thread better than you can!

Competitive Pokemon was a mistake.
>>
>>32447144
Play a better format
>>
>>32447144
So once dugtrio is dead / has its sash broken, what deals with megagross ?
>>
>>32448457
>any decent stall player letting their duggy die before megagross is dead
Also skarmory.
>>
>>32448283
This is 100% true

I was 1900+ (now 1800+) and it gets shittier
>>
>>32447144
Increase the basepower of every single move by 20.
>>
>>32447832
>just use SE moves

gee why the fuck didnt i think of this in the first place? it's not like people switching into resist is a thing is it?
>>
>>32447587
>Twistedspoon
Please tell me this isn't a thing
I can understand Koko with Magnet instead of Death Orb because muh mementum, but Twistedspoon Lele? For what purpose.
>>
>>32447847
>Also Clefable doesn't have that good of defenses, so anyone who's boosted kills it.
What is funaware?
>>
>>32448704
Stall can wear down Lele really easily if it's taking LO recoil every turn.
>>
>>32448174
>misplayed horribly around the Magnezone
what are you even talking about, as soon as the shed shell got knocked off the skarm was dead in the water. trying to save it was futile and would just hand over offensive pressure and free switches to the opponent

>>32447913
this replay in general isnt even a particularly good example at all. you cant compare a tourney game to laddering, they're completely different. the staller, rey, was already known at this point for using that cancer stall team so the other guy just brought a sure fire counter team. try laddering with that team and you'll run into a myriad of problems against different styles of play
>>
>>32447144
All moves that don't deal direct damage are -1 priority. Prankster brings that up to neutral but not in the face of dark or psychics

Psychics as a whole type are now immune to priority and psych terrain gives a boost to accuracy

It takes 8 defensive/SpDef evs to raise one point of the defenses

toxic counter doesn't reset on switch, it still freezes where it was but doesnt go back to 3%

steel becomes weak to water and has defenses lowered by ice
>>
>>32448704
exact same reason koko runs magnet, you'll be spamming your stab move boosted by the relevant terrain most times so having the appropriate item instead of death orb is more handy for survivability. also lele can easily bluff a choice item, much more than the likes of koko
>>
>>32447832
The problem with this is the team checks all of those weaknesses and relies on 50/50s in double switches to win or lose.
>>
>>32447911
Also scald burns with Toxapex slows down Scizor's ability to KO and makes pp stalling easier
>>
>>32447144
Use a fucking stallbreaker. There are many. The reason people get fucked over by stall is they only account for offensive mons in teambuilding.

I was watching games yesterday and ran into this guy using a team of 6 stallbreakers on the suspect ladder specifically to fuck over people trying to get reqs using stall he'd run into.
>>
>>32448740
He could've doubled to Duggy predicting the Magnezone, but I guess that would've been pretty risky. Either way, doing shit like running Knock Off on Pinsir and Shed Shell on Tapu Lele specifically just to counter stall just shouldn't be something you need to do.
>>
File: 1404790768508.png (361KB, 581x645px) Image search: [Google]
1404790768508.png
361KB, 581x645px
>>32449058
>running moves and items to counter popular types of teams isn't something you should do
???
Is that why smogon players hate stall so much, because they don't want to bother countering it ?
>>
>>32449086
It's not that, it's that you're being forced to run shitty moves and items on your Pokemon specifically just to counter certain annoying match-ups. Then it ends up biting you in the ass in the 98% of battles where you don't face stall.

What pisses me off about stall players is that they know people would rather run conventionally good moves/items on their 'mons, so they exploit this by copy/pasting matchup-oritented stall teams from Smogon forums for easy laddering points. It's unsportsmanlike as fuck.
>>
>>32447144
Buff Blissey's physical defense by like 50 points.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.