[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That's it! I figured what the next game will be (kinda)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 598px-Yellow_EN_boxart.png (566KB, 598x600px) Image search: [Google]
598px-Yellow_EN_boxart.png
566KB, 598x600px
So, consider this:
Everyone is expecting either SM 3rd Version/sequels or DP Remakes (my personal pick). A few people think it may be another Kanto game, more speficically, Red/Green re-remakes or sequels.
Maybe these people are partially right.
The 20th movie is a retelling of the first episodes of the original series. While it features newer mons like Piplup and Lucario which do feel as a hint to DP remakes, or Incineroar, a gen 7 mon, the movie also features Charizard and Butterfree which were part of Ash's og team, and it's still a very Kanto-based movie.
Now, the movie celebrates the 20 years of the anime, and what game was made specifically to tie-in with the anime? Yellow
Yellow's official english name is "Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition" and in Japan it is simply called "Pocket Monsters: Pikachu". It features elements of the anime in the main story (like Jessie and James, and the player getting all 3 Kanto starters).
Another point is while there's certainly references to Sinnoh and unfinished stuff dealing with Necrozma, there's also a lot of references to Kanto, including Lillie going there at the end of the story.
Also, the last time Kanto was featured as the main region was in FRLG which are still older than DP.

So, basically, what I'm claiming is the next game could be a Yellow remake that retells the game's plot (like the 20th movie is doing with the OG series) and includes all the new stuff introduced in later games and maybe even continues SM's plot (Necrozma, reencountering Lillie, etc.).

I know the Virtual Console releases kinda kill this chance, but I think it's still something to think about.
>>
You took all that time and wrote all that. I will give u a pity bump
>>
>>32441416
Thanks

also, bump
>>
Kanto is the worst region and 3D won't save it.
>>
>Wanting EVEN FUCKING MORE kanto shilling
>>
Although, probably unlikely, it's a good theory. It doesn't seem completely impossible. Especially since GF keeps trying to break patterns in recent years
>>
>>32442302
If you had read my post carefully, you'd know I explicitly stated that what I want is DP remakes.
I'm just theorising here.
>>
File: 1493486573170.png (35KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493486573170.png
35KB, 834x600px
>>32441261
I'll humor you OP. Why would a remake of Yellow continue events at the end of Sun/Moon? It makes no sense chronologically.

Sun and Moon have adult Red and Blue in them, establishing the fact that they were the first prodigal children Champions from Kanto. Now while Yellow had a lot of kickbacks to Ash and the anime (the starter Pikachu, Gym leader redesigns, Jessie, James, Meowth, a Sandshrew with Fissure, etc.), Red is still basically the protagonist of Yellow version. In fact, Yellow makes even more sense for the definitive canon version that Red comes from, seeing as he has an unevolved Pikachu, and had opportunities to obtain all 3 Kanto starters on his journey in that game. So, how could a Yellow remake have anything to do with Lillie's journey to Kanto or anything that comes after Sun and Moon, when the latest games take place in the future?
>>
>>32441261
No.
I'm sorry, Anon, but GF's Kanto boner has lasted wayyyy longer than four hours.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.