[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We make all starters OU viable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: images (96).jpg (57KB, 584x252px) Image search: [Google]
images (96).jpg
57KB, 584x252px
THE RULES:
>The starters must have their own niches - not just doing another starter's thing better (e.g. no Speed Boost Infernape)
>You can change type, HA, stats and movepool, but only in ways that make sense for the design
>BST boosting is allowed (up to 540)
>Restrain your urge to minmax too hard. The unused attack stat shouldn't ever go below 70.
>No Huge Power or special snowflake abilities. Try not to push them into Ubers.
Once you're done, post a suggested set for the new and improved starter.

There might be a few hopeless cases like Meganium, but do what you can.
>>
>Sceptile becomes Grass/Dark, has its Atk and SpAtk swapped, and gets Super Luck.

If you give it a Razor Claw/Scope Lens, its dual STABs of Night Slash and Leaf Blade will always crit.

Oh, and to get to 540 BST, give +5 in Atk and Speed.

If you're desperare for that critting coverage, add Psycho Cut and Cross Poison to its movepool
>>
Primarina learns boomburst
10 points to hp
>>
I barely play competitive, but from what I understand Incineroar just needs Intimidate freely available and perhaps some recovery moves of some sort like Drain Punch, Slack Off, or Recovery.
>>
>>32438520
also sparkling aria now works like smellingsalts
>>
>>32438520
OP said "OU viable", not "OU". Primarina already is OU viable. I assume Boomburst would make it just broken though.
>>
Give Delphox Thunderbolt, Power Gem, and Magic Guard as HA.
Maybe also Earth Power, but could be less thematic for wizardry.
>>
>>32438538
Why are you so autistic about a slight technicality?
>>
>Decidueye's SpA and Spe are swapped
>+10 additional speed
>HA is now Stakeout
>Now learns Thousand Arrows and Perish Song
>>
File: Electrify Sceptile.png (51KB, 1042x745px) Image search: [Google]
Electrify Sceptile.png
51KB, 1042x745px
Sceptile gets Electrify
>>
File: samurott.gif (106KB, 102x94px) Image search: [Google]
samurott.gif
106KB, 102x94px
HP: 95
Atk 100 - 110
Def: 85
S.A: 110 - 90
S.D: 70 - 80
Spe: 70 - 80
Total: 528 > 538
Type: Idk nigga, Steel or Fighting maybe.

New moves: Shell Smash, Sacred Sword.

Ability: Tough Claws for Slash moves (Night Sash, Sacred Sword, Razor Shell, Fury Cutter, Air Slash, Aerial Ace, Slash, X-Scissor, etc...)
>>
>>32438503
I'll do Torterra.
It's the motherfucking continent Pokémon, but it's weak as balls.
Here's what we do.
>First stats
Torterra has 95 HP, 109 ATK, 105 DEF, 75 SPAtk, 85 SPDef, and 56 speed, totaling at 525.
So what I'll do is boost it a bit.
I'll boost it's HP, and Special Defense first
100 HP and 95 Sp.Def boosting him to 540 bst.
This allows Torterra to survive by the skin of it's teeth against weaker ice beams.

Next is abilities. Torterra has Shell Armor, which is pathetic. We are giving him Solid Rock, which allows him to sneeze at the Ice Beams of Dewgong, and be two shot by the likes of Jynx.

Then for moveset, we give Torterra ingrain.

This would make Torterra a good tank with the ability to sweep with curse in the actual tiers.
>>
>>32438503
>Meganium
let's see. gib thick fat. decrease atk to 70 as allowed and increase HP by 27. gib stockpile. gib mega with +50 increase to each def and change the base form ability to grassy surge and the mega ability to thick fat

probably still too shit
>>
>>32438638
Let me think of things to add to this...
Change the type to Grass/Fairy, give it Flower Shield and Draining Kiss. Make it as much of a stalling ass hat as possible. The strategy would be, Flower Shield, Ingrain, then spam the everloving fuck out of Draining Kiss until the end of time.
>>
>>32438677
>Flower Shield
how is flower shield better than stockpile? obviously it's better in doubles but for ou i would want to raise both defenses
I did think about gib fairy type. but then it would be 4x weak to poison, which is more and more common thanks to tapus of healthy meta
>>
>>32438697
I forgot about stockpile.
>>
.give Delphox Hurricane, Ice Beam, Scald, Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Night Daze, and Aura Sphere.
>>
.give Typhlosion Hurricane, Ice Beam, Scald, Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Night Daze, and Aura Sphere.
>>
>>32438740
Seriously why doesn't Typhlosion the motherfucking Volcano Pokemon get Scald?
>>
>>32438740
that doesn't make sense moron, as the other one does seeing as Delphox is a wizard.
Typhlosion needs to not be a slightly better Charizard to be OU viable, so that means it needs a rearrangement of its stats, and at least Earth Power.
>>
>>32438728
>.give Delphox Hurricane, Ice Beam, Scald, Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Night Daze, and Aura Sphere.
>it's still shit
>>
switch decidueye's special attack and defense stats
>>
>>32438602
That and Shell Smash would boot that faggot to Ubers especially since priority's ass is kicked right now.
>>
File: carwash.gif (2MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
carwash.gif
2MB, 540x302px
>>32438516
Probably still wouldn't be enough for non mega, but it's a step in the right direction. If you mean mega, it's good.
>>32438526
Arcanine isn't OU and it pretty much has all this minus the knock off resist.
>>32438585
OU, not AG you tard
>>32438539
this might do it
>>32438548
looks good
>>32438602
shell smash fixes like everything
>>32438618
still not enough i m o
>>32438728
fuck off

I suggest we give blastoise one of origin pulse (original water starter, boosted by mega launcher) or shell smash. Shell smash might break it, but I don't feel like running calcs.
>>
>>32438520
Boomburst after Liquid Voice would just be broken on Primarina. It can literally do 29.4% at least to Chansey of all Pokemon with Liquid Voice and Specs.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 189-223 (29.4 - 34.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Pretty fucking broken.
>>
>>32438539
None of these make it OU viable. Coverage is the least of Delphox's concerns. There are way bigger problems with that thing especially now in gen vii now that is low-tier NU
>>
>>32438775
Who cares at this point. Not like GF gives a damn about proper balance anymore
>>
>>32438775
What about Moonlight? Would it be enough to make it usable with a defensive set when Fini exists? Cons would be less speed and no defog, pros would be more Special Attack, Scald actually burning and better coverage.
The defensive Rest + Sleep Talk set is already great in UU, so I assume this would be at least decent.
>>
>>32438796
And of course this is assuming Primarina gets Moonlight and Fini doesn't. If they both get it, it's another story.
>>
File: swampert.png (197KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
swampert.png
197KB, 530x530px
Recover + Releasing Swampertite + maybe some more coverage
>>
>>32438775
Is Liquid Voice actually any benefit to Primarina right now?
I mean, its Hyper Voice is exactly the same as Surf except it hits through substitutes, The only other things I can see that it gets are Echoed Voice (a bit shit) and Round (a Doubles Move and shit even there).
>>
Typhlosion
Ability: Mold Breaker
HP: 80 (+2)
Atk: 75 (-9)
Def: 80 (+2)
Sp. Atk: 114 (+5)
Sp. Def: 85 (0)
Speed: 101 (+1)
BST: 534 (0)
Now learns: Scald, Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Discharge

At least now it has some coverage options and isn't a shittier Charizard
>>
>>32438846
>tfw can't add
It's BST would 535 (+1)
>>
venusaur
+10 hp

m-venusaur
+10 hp

charizard
+1 speed

m-charizard x
-15 special attack, +5 special defence, +11 speed

m-charizard y
+1 speed

blastoise
+5 hp

m-blastoise
+5 hp

meganium
+10 attack

typhlosion
+1 speed

feraligatr
+5 hp, -4 special attack, +4 speed

sceptile
+5 attack

m-sceptile
+5 defence

blaziken
+5 hp

m-blaziken
+5 hp

swampert
+0

m-swampert
-5 special attack, +5 speed

torterra
+10 special defence

infernape
+1 speed

empoleon
+5 hp

serperior
+4 attack, +3 special attack

emboar
+16 hp, +10 defence, -29 special attack, +10 special defence

samurott
+8 attack, -8 special attack, +7 special defence

chesnaught
+5 hp

delphox
+1 speed

greninja
+5 defence

ash-greninja
+5 defence

decidueye
+5 hp, +5 defence, -25 special attack, +20 speed

incineroar
-20 special attack, +25 speed

primarina
+5 hp, -5 attack, +5 defence
>>
Give Typhlosion Sheer Force, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, and Thunderbolt/Thunder. Maybe make it Fire/Ground?
I mean, SF LO Nidoking is a threat in UU, and its slower and has a pathetic SpAtk stat.
If you pump its extra 6 points into Speed, it's probably BL?
>>
>>32438516
Switch Empoleon's Attack and SpAtk (now it can actually use defiant)

Give it Icicle Crash and Iron Head
>>
>>32438503
>Torterra's HA becomes Simple.
A little boost on its SpD/Spe and becomes decent.
>>
>>32438895
>Vanillish used Powder Snow!
>>
>>32438825
It's better than Torrent.
>>
>>32438781
The goal wasn't to say what GF would do, it's to make starters OU viable if they weren't already.
>>
>>32438946
OU viable or OU staple? Just gonna go OU viable.

>Venusaur
Already is
>Charizard
Already is
>Blastoise
Gets stealth rock
>Meganium
Dragon dance and quiver dance. Gets earth power and sleep powder. Leaf guard changed to Aroma veil.
>Typhlosion
Special attack and speed swapped.
>Gatr
Already is
>Sceptile
Attack and special attack swapped, mega also.
>Blaziken
lol
>Swampert
Already is
>Torterra
Gets rapid spin, -10 special attack, +15 hp.
>Infernape
Already is, buts lets give it sheer force and see what fucking happens.
>Empoleon
Already is, but roost anyway.
>Serperior
Already is
>Emboar
-40 special attack, +20 both defences and gets agility and swords dance.
>Samurott
Shell smash, thing seems designed for it.
>Chesnaught
Already is
>Delphox
Magician -> Technician
>Greninja
lol
>Decidueye
Trade special attack and HP
>Primarina
Already is but lets give it calm mind and moonlight and see how far we go.
>Incineroar
-15 HP, defence and special defence. +45 speed. Learns close combat and knock off.
>>
>Venusaur
N/A.
>Charizard
N/A.
>Blastoise
Shell Smash. That's it. Maybe slap a s
Steel typing on the Mega
>Feraligatr
Fire Fang, Thunder Fang
>Typhlosion
An ability that turns all Ohysical moves into Special moves
>Meganium
Triage + Calm Mind + Giga Drain
>Blaziken
Too late
>Swampert
Swampertite
>Sceptile
Tail Glow (its tail is a fucking Christmas tree)
>Infernape
N/A (OU viable =! OU).
>Torterra
Thick Fat + Gyro Ball
>Empoleon
Heal Order (+Defend Order. + Attack Order I guess but that's kind of useless)
>Serperior
N/A, though I'd love to see it get Draco Meteor
>Emboar
A Fighting equivalent of Double Edge
>Greninja
N/A
>Chesnaught
Bulletproof extends to immunity to all blast moves
>Delphox
Power Gem
>Primarina
Wish
>Decidueye
Perish Song
>Incineroar
Intimidate + Flying Press
>>
>>32439113
What about Samurott?
>>
>>32438516
Déjà vu
>>
>>32438912
>>32438895
Simple Torterra with Curse sound pretty great actually. Not OU becuase it needs the turn to set up, but it may make for a great lead in doubles if the enemy doesn't send out any pokemon with an Ice move first turn
>>
>>32438753
Mega where its Atk gets nuked in favor of massive SpA/Spe boosts, Fire/Ground and Drought.
>>
>>32438821
4 moveslot syndrome still if you add recover, forces you to choose between Ice Punch or Superpower.
>>
>>32439185
Oh cool now it's a shittier Mega Y-zard
>>
>>32438503
Emboar gets a mega with HP, Atk, and both defense boosts in favor of nuking its speed hard, like down to 20 (a la M-Camerupt) but it gets Rock Head. Slap the son of a bitch in a Trick Room team and lol your way to the bank.
>>
>>32439210
>mega
>HP
>>
>>32438503

Battle bond; raises all stats by 1 when opponent is knocked out
>>
>>32439252

simple beam for gg XD
>>
File: 1484759297396.png (224KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484759297396.png
224KB, 1000x1000px
Charizard
+1 Special Attack
+5 Speed
Hidden Ability changed to Drought

These aren't going to make it especially great, but will make it a solid choice as a Sunlight setter. Should also improve its Megas, giving making them faster and providing Sunlight for ZardX.
Of course, you can go a step further and give it rarer moves like Eruption, a unique move like Fiery Dance, or just change the type to make it easier for Switch ins, but that's a rabbit hole we don't want to go in.
>>
>>32439258

oh kek I forgot simple beam changes ability
>>
>>32439263
No, actually. That's not that deep of a rabbit hole. The type change would make sense design-wise, and you're not exactly making it snowflakey. Even the moves make some sense. Zard is a known dancer. One more extra "Fiery" dance isn't going to be out of place. Those are all fair changes.
>>
>>32438503
BST Changes
540 BST
100 HP (+20)
80 Attack (-2)
100 Defense (~)
80 SpA (-3)
100 SpD (~)
80 Spe (~)

Type Change: Grass/Fairy
Movepool Changes: Learns Moonblast, Play Rough, and Dazzling Gleam. And Fairy Wind, but whatever.
HA Change: Gets Unaware
In theory, it is an alternative to Clefable now. It has similar utility options, can use Leech Seed to punish Stall, and can check set-up sweepers. Its typing gives it a few nice resistances, and an ability to counter dragon dancers. Strictly speaking, it's a tankier Clefable that pressures stallmons while also being decent at stall itself. Disgusting, I know, but this is Meganium we're talking about here. Clefable has a few options over Meganium, but overall I think Clefable would be a niche pick over this.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that Fairy+Unaware is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>32439294
Fuck, meant to put Meganium at the top.
>>
Infernape:
Hp:77 (+1)
Attack:114 (+10)
Defence: 75 (+4)
SpA: 90 (-14)
SpD 75 (+4)
Spe 109 (+1)
Type Unchanged
HA: Unchanged
Additional Moves: Drain Punch, Shadow Punch, Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash, Burn Up, Wood Hammer (Let's get Wu-Kong in this shit)

By expanding on Infernape's ability to use its coverage well, and ditching some SpA, Infernape gets enough power to threaten pokemon it previously couldn't quite deal with. The wider coverage makes it unpredictable, meaning it can not only threaten more than ever before, but it becomes a great tool for mindgames and bluffing. Burn Up is included for yet more unorthodox tactics, that combines well with the tuned-up bulk to make Infernape's typing suddenly a bit less worrying against some targets. Plus, if it's able to threaten with Steel offence, there's a solid chance you'll want him to fight some tapus.
>>
I see this in every thread about Meganium, but why does everyone give Meganium Fairy-type? There's no Fairy-like features it has. It's not even white or pink, like all of Faries are. It's just kind of feminine.
>>
>>32439362
>>32439362
more likely because it helps meganium than because it suits meganium
i mean you could give it steel type which would help a lot but fit even less
>>
>>32439362
It's because Fairy is basically the most obscenely OP type you can give it that COULD possibly go with the design.
>>
>>32439198
in what universe is a fast fire/ground mon with drought a shittier zard y? are you aware how good fire/ground is offensively? not to mention putting it above the base 100 speed tier, going by the other anon saying it gets massive speed boost.
>>
Meganium

Grass/Fairy (or Psychic)

HP: 105 (+25)
Atk: 70 (-12)
Def: 120 (+20)
SpA: 70 (-13)
SpD: 120 (+20)
Spe: 40 (-40)
BST: 525

HA: Grassy Terrain

Learns Trick Room, Moon Blast, Sleep Powder

How'd I do?
>>
>>32438618
>ingrain
>good
>>
>>32438602
just give it fighting and make an upgraded version of razor shell thats duel water/fighting
>>
>>32438503
give swampert recover and or regenerator
>>
give torterra bonus HP and spdef
change type to grass/rock
give Head Smash and change its HA to Rock Head

shell smash too if that's not enough
>>
It's funny how people don't even want to fix Incineroar. Glad that we can all agree that it should stay shitty to stay true to its design and fanbase. Barafags BTFO into the next dimension.
>>
File: 1492200692945.png (177KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
1492200692945.png
177KB, 362x362px
>>32438775
>252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex: 133-157 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
>>
>>32440314
I'm just waiting for her HA.
>>
>>32440314

scarfed incineroar with intimidate can really be pain if you play it right, also trick room one with life orb/incinium can take down 2-3 of your team mates with darkest lariat/z move or flare blitz
>>
>>32439402
Okay great it's not shittier. You're still stepping on Mega Yzard's toes which OP specifically said not to do. Nigger.
>>
>>32439113
>Infernape
>N/A (OU viable =! OU).
ape fags in denial again
>>
>>32440314

meh, I remember when blastoise was shit, or venosaur, or charizard, I will wait for next games, GF is the worst company mainly because it's fixing what it fucked up with every new gen
>>
>>32439113
>Bulletproof extends to immunity to all blast moves
>it blocks Blast Burn
>>
Decidueye gets base 110 attack and special attack, no guard, hurricane, and zap cannon. This makes it a mixed attacker that spreads paralysis and confusion to trapped foes, and low speed gives it a handy slow u-turn. Spirit shackle -> zap cannon/hurricane with roost support is just cruel. If it's throwing around too much power we can keep base 100 special attack, the trapping utility is what matters.

Incineroar gets contrary and superpower, and base 100 hp and base 85 speed. It's already a pretty good Pokémon but this would push it into ou. We don't have a viable physical contrary user. Close combat could be an alternative.

Primarina gets recover, calm mind, base 90 hp and defense, and liquid voice now works like pixelate and aerilate and all the others. Water fairy is anazing coverage, all the fag seal needs is recovery and setup options.
>>
>>32441682
I've seen this message written, deleted and re-posted in 3 slightly different ways already.
Are you done?
>>
>>32441690
I wasn't gonna post it with embarrassing formatting errors, not that it isn't still a shitty post.
>>
What if Spirit Shackle had Pursuit-level priority?

It would allow Decidueye to actually trap things, and fit its design (it's a quick shot, not a quick mover).

Might need a slight power drop, but still.

Or, you could make it only Espeed-tier and give Decidueye Stakeout. Boost Def, weaken SpAtk.

Primarina can get CM and Moonlight. Boost HP or Def

Incineroar... quite liked the Contrary suggestion upthread.
>>
>>32439469
Koffing used Smog!
>>
>>32439113
>Feraligatr
>Fire Fang, Thunder Fang
Just go the whole nine yards and give him the elemental punches.
>>
>>32439017
>Dinosaur gets butterfly dance
Kek
>>
>>32443992
Gatr used to have them.
>>
>>32442487
I actually kind of like this Decidueye suggestion.

Maybe just give it +1 priority and the Pursuit effect though.
>>
>>32440337
>her
>>
>>32438503
Meganium
Give it Grassy Surge
Increase its Defenses at the cost of its Offenses
SCRATCH THAT
Give it a respectable Offensive stat (maybe Sp.Attack)
Make it
>>
>>32446622
I never use male Pokemon
>>
>>32438912
Retarded meme
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.