[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the fully evolved starters of each generation, in terms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: greninja-ash.jpg (35KB, 259x380px) Image search: [Google]
greninja-ash.jpg
35KB, 259x380px
Rank the fully evolved starters of each generation, in terms of in-game power level:

A. Gen 1
B. Gen 2
C. Gen 3
D. Gen 4
E. Gen 5
F. Gen 6
G.Gen 7
>>
>>32436637
A. Charizard>Venusaur>Blastoise
B. Feraligatr>Typhlosion>Meganium
C. Blaziken>Swampert>Sceptile
D. Empoleon>Infernape>Toreterra
E. Serperior>Emboar>Samurott
F. Greninja>Chesnaught>Delphox
G. Primarina>Decidueye>Incineroar
>>
>ash-greninja as the thread image
yikes

A. Gen 3
B. Gen 6
C. Gen 1
D. Gen 4
E. Gen 7
F. Gen 2
G. Gen 5
>>
>>32436662
>>32436669
Which one of these is what you're asking, OP?
>>
>>32436669
I'd put gen 1 above gen 6, personally. Yes Greninja is OP, but the other 2 gen 6 starters are fucking terrible. At least in gen 1, all the starters are at least good.
>>
>>32436682
I'm asking what >>32436662 answered.

-OP
>>
>>32436662
>Charizard
>Serperior
>Best in-game
>>
>>32436696
Alright,
A. Venusaur>Charizard>Blastoise
B. Feraligatr>Typhlosion>Meganium
C. Swampert>Blaziken>Sceptile
D. Empoleon>Infernape>Torterra
E. Emboar>Samurott>Serperior
F. Greninja>Chesnaught>Delphox
G. Primarina>Incineroar>Decidueye
>>
>>32436697
Charizard's ranking includes whether or not you include Megas.

Serperior is the best of gen 5, but that's because the other 2 starters are unplayable.
>>
>>32436721
Actually swap Charizard and Blastoise.
>>
>>32436723
There were no Megas in gen 1...so megas shouldn't be included.

And Serperior is only good because of his hidden ability, which was unavailable in gen 5. So it doesn't count, either.
>>
>>32436637
How do you mean? Do you mean like how each one fares against the main campaign of their games?
If so,
A. Venusaur >= Blastoise > Charizard
B. Feraligatr >= Typhlosion >>>> Meganium
C. Swampert > go back and pick up Swampert because it trivializes Hoenn > Blaziken > Sceptile
D. Infernape >= Empoleon > Torterra
E. Emboar > Samurott > Serperior
F. Greninja > Chesnaught > Delphox
G. Primarina > Decidueye >= Incineroar
>>
>>32436637
Blastoise>G3Charizard>Venusaur>G1Charizard
Typhlosion>Feraligatr>Meganium
Swampert>Sceptile>Blaziken
Infernape>Torterra>Empoleon
Samurott=Serperior=Emboar
Chesnaught>Delphox>Greninja
Decidueye=Primarina>Incineroar
>>
>>32436637
Real talk here: is Primarina the Venusaur of Gen 7?

Think about it. They were the least popular starters of their respective generations. They (especially their first forms) have been the butt of many jokes. But both of them are by far the strongest of the bunch, both in-game and in multiplayer battles.
>>
>>32436765
Whops!
>Fixed
Blastoise>Venusaur>G3Zard>G1Zard
>>
Venusaur>Blastoise>Charizard
Typhlosion>Feraligatr>Meganium
Swampert>Blaziken>Sceptile
Infernape>Empoleon>Torterra
Samurott>Emboar>Serperior
Greninja>Chesnaught>Delphox
Primarina>Incineroar>Decidueye
>>
>>32436816
Venusaur doesn't have a waifufag fanbase
>>
File: C-d8w_-UQAAKvAU.jpg large.jpg (238KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C-d8w_-UQAAKvAU.jpg large.jpg
238KB, 713x1024px
>>32436816
Popplio definitely, but haven't all the Alola final form starters been the butt of many, many jokes, especially since the stats leaked?
Even the Pokémon Company (or whoever made pic related) made a joke about Alola's speed recently.
>>
>>32436876
Yes, she has.
>>
>>32436816
No. POPPLIO is the BULBASAUR of Gen 7.
>>
>>32436765
>Samurott=Serperior=Emboar
Serperior is about as bad as Meganium for in-game.
>>
>>32436912
Nah, Serperior actually has moves.
>>
>>32436908
But Bulbasaur wasn't hated like Popplio was. Venusaur is the unpopular one of its line.
>>
Charizard>Blastoise>Venusar
shit>shit>shit
Sceptile>Blaziken>Swampert
Torterra>Infernape>Empoleon
Samurott>Serperior>Baconator
Ashninja>Chesnaught>Delphox
Primarina>Incineroar>Decidueye
>>
>>32436637
RBY: Venusaur>Charizard>Blastoise
FRLG: Charizard>Blastoise>Venusaur
GSC: Typhlosion>Feraligart>Sentret>Meganium
HGSS: Feraligatr>Typhlosion>Meganium
RSE: Swampert>Blaziken>Sceptile
ORAS: If factoring megas Blaziken>Swampert>Sceptile. If not, Swampert>Blaziken>Sceptile.
DaiPerPt: Infernape>Torterra>Empoleon (Torterra might actually be a bit stronger, but Infernape is the better ingame choice)
Black/White/2: Emboar>Samurott>Serperior
XY: Chestnaught>Delphox>Greninja.
XY Gen 1: Charizard>Venusaur>Blastoise (If considering Megas, regardless of X or Y), Blastoise>Charizard>Venasaur if no megas.
S&M: Incineroar (Only barely)>Decidueye>Primarina.

With the exception of the consideration of ORAS's and X&Y's mega-forms, this is assuming your average, shit-natured, Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent starter 'mon, with details of the region and mechanics of the time considered.
>>
>>32436919
Barely. All it has are Grass and Normal-type moves, plus Aerial Ace and Dragon Tail from TMs. Serperior also has the worst offenses of any fully-evolved starter ever, being the only such Pokemon with no attacking stat above base 80. It's still better than Meganium in-game, but the gap isn't very big. The thing was probably balanced with Contrary Leaf Storm in mind, so it works out in the end, but Overgrow Serperior is 20th out of 21 fully-evolved starters in terms of in-game viability.
>>
>>32436912
>>32436919
Serperior is probably a worse starter than Meganium, but the layout of Johto is such that Meganium literally has a disadvantage against your rival's entire team, 5 of the gym leaders, all of team rocket, 3 of the elite 4, and the champion. It only gets an advantage against Chuck's Poliwrath and Will's Slowbro. That's it. Situationally, Meganium is fucked beyond recognition. Now, it isn't a great pokemon in its own right either, but it is at least on par with Overgrow Serperior, Serp just gets a region better accepting of it.
>>
>>32437013
Coil/Leaf Blade/Dragon Tail/Leech Seed

Problem?

Also: she was the best Pokémon on my Team.
>>
>>32436637
1. Blastoise>Charizard>Venusaur (Access to Ice Beam via TM makes it a great dragon killer, Charizard might not have any flying STAB, but at least it's not weak to psychic, the GOAT of the gen ingame).
2. Typhlosion=Feraligatr>Meganium (Typhlosion is ok, Feraligatr is ok, but Adam has not authorized the use of Metroid)
3. Blaziken>Swampert>Sceptile
3a. Charizard>Blastoise>Venusaur (Flying STAB exists and has better movepool, IceBeam TM still exists, Psychics still endgame)
4. Infernape>>>>Empleon>Torterra (There are NO fire types in gen 4 but Infernape.)
4a. Typhlosion>Feraligatr>>>>>>Meganium.
5. Samurott>=Emboar>Serperior
5a. Emboar>Serperior>Samurott
6. Greninja>Chestnaught>Delphox
6a. Blaziken>Swampert>Sceptile
7. Primarina>Incineroar>Decidueye
>>
>>32437045
>Also: she was the best Pokémon on my Team.
That could also just mean you powelevelled your starter like you were twelve, jackass.
>>
>>32437074
>being 12 when BW came out
get out newfags reeeeeeeee
>>
>>32437074
Lol, I never do that.
>>
>>32437045
I mean you can make it work, heck I've made Meganium work, it just takes a lot longer and a lot more actual strategy to do what the other starters can do by just clicking the most effective move every turn, which is a design flaw considering that starters are supposed to be what brainless Elementary schoolers use to bulldoze the game.
I am curious as to what the rest of your team was, though.
>>
File: 1468388433778.png (98KB, 197x247px) Image search: [Google]
1468388433778.png
98KB, 197x247px
>>32437078
That sounds suspiciously like someone who did precisely that, but is lying about it on an anonymous Vietnamese cockfighting board.
>>
File: 1486765916535 (1).jpg (92KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
1486765916535 (1).jpg
92KB, 600x467px
>>32437093
Here's my SS Team.
>>
I've never understood this thing about comparing starters to each other instead of the other available pokemon of their type. This is why I always put any of the Water starters save for Samurott in BW last, because there's always a bunch of better Water types. Grass and Fire starters, on the other hand, are usually one of the top two best options for the type.

>>32437087
Brainless elementary schoolers already had a Meganium when they faced Whitney.
t. former brainless elementary schooler who picked Chikorita in Silver
>>
>>32437115
>all female
>weeb names
>using legendaries
>>
>>32437087
Serperior, Swanna, Reshiram, Mienshao, Galvantula and... Mmm... I don't remember
>>
>>32437130
Only ONE weeb name.
>>
Mostly taken from Smogon's in-game tiers :^)
A. Blastoise > Venusaur >= Charizard
B. Feraligatr > Typhlosion > Meganium
C. Swampert > Blaziken > Sceptile
D. Infernape = Empoleon > Torterra
E. Delphox > Greninja > Chesnaught
F. Primarina > Incineroar > Decidueye
>>
Any Gen IV list that doesn't have inferrape decisively at the top of the trio is wrong. I can't remember an another single player starter that broke a game so hard.
>>
>>32437161
Forgot gen 5
Samurott > Emboar > Serperior
>>
>>32437167
This. Plus it's literally one of the only two options you have at Fire in DP, and the other one is Rapidash (lel). Shame it's an ugly fuck.
>>
>>32437187
Forget fire options, it's not even that. It's that you solo(besides HM slaves) the game so brainlessly the main quest turns into a joke, even for DP.
>>
>>32437142
Oooooh!!!! DARMANITAN!!

>>32437045
>Fixed
DARMANITAN was the best Pokemon on my Team. No, She is the Best Pokémon of all Time!
>>
>>32437214
You can solo the game brainlessly with anything. Even fucking Meganium.
>>
>>32437167

GSC Typhlosion
>>
>>32437239
If you grind long enough, maybe. The ape is the only one I can remember that had no "roadblocks" whatsover, demolishing every trainer singlehandedly taking very occasional damage from priorities or 2HKO.

>>32437247
That was a really strong one too.
>>
>>32437321
The only real "roadblock" I remember is Garchomp, since there is a good chance it's faster than you, and Infernape doesn't really get anything to hit it, and absolutely dies in one hit if it's Earthquake.

...Could the "Cynthia is hard" meme come from people who otherwise soloed the game with Infernape?
>>
>>32437115
Something about this team absolutely reeks of autism. I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
>>32436637
For in-game, all out offense > everything else.

>Blastoise > Venusaur > Charizard in Gen 1
>Charizard > Venusaur > Blastoise in Gen 6
Blastoise survives almost everything, Ice Beam adds nice coverage.
Zard has shit special coverage in Gen 1, Megas make it unstoppable in-game.
Venusaur is fucked by its typing in Gen 1, with almost everything after the beginning resisting it or being SE on it. Mega gives it a great boost on par with Zard, and its secondary type becomes better.

>Feraligatr > Typhlosion >>> Meganium
Another solid Water-type, really shines in Gen 4, with Physical/Special split.
Typhlosion suffers Zard's problem of lack of special coverage, but is still just as solid Fire-type. Actually suffers from Physical/Special split.
Meganium is just shit. At everything.

>Blaziken > Swampert > Sceptile
Water/Ground is great, both offensively and defensively. Swampert also gets Ice-type moves, making it even better.
Fire/Fighting is a great STAB combo and its good offensive stats allow it to OHKO most things you'll see.
Sceptile still suffering from being a Grass-type. The STAB is shit, but it still gets better coverage than anything before.

>Infernape > Empoleon > Torterra
Infernape is a Blaziken with Flare Blitz and Close Combat, and more coverage.
Empoleon is great too, nice typing, great coverage.
Torterra falls behind, due to simply being slower and still not particularly strong offensively.

>Samurott > Emboar > Serperior
>Emboar > Samurott > Serperior BW2
Best Water-type you have available in BW, still good in BW2.
Emboar is slow, but still a strong Fire/Fighting. Nice coverage too.
Serperior is shit. Meganium tier. First starter I boxed.

>Greninja > Delphox > Chesnaught
Greninja is Greninja. Fast, strong and great coverage.
Delphox is better than Chesnaught, but not much reason to use it, as there are much better options for Fire-type.
Chesnaught is the best Grass-type available, after Venusaur. Strong and sturdy, but slow.
>>
>>32437339
No bully
>>
>>32437359
I'm not trying to bully, honest. It's just stinging my brain, and I need to get it sorted out.
>>
>>32437328
I've never heard this "Cynthia is hard" sentiment before. I did a solo run with ape long time back, and can't remember anything in the E4 taking more than one hit(everything was outsped, Garchomp probably ate a close combat) because it was way too overleveled by that point from hogging all the exp that would have otherwise gone to other mons. The only thing that comes close to threatning with some random midgame Gyarados that needed a second hit with grass knot.
>>
>>32436759
The only correct answer.
>>
>>32437321
>If you grind long enough, maybe
Nope. If you just use one pokemon, the trainers and the few wild encounters you don't flee from will give you enough exp that you'll naturally be about 10 levels above everything else by the third gym.

>>32437247
Cyndaquil gets fucked hard by Falkner's Mud-Slap Pidegeotto and Whitney's Rollout Miltank, not to mention Chuck's Poliwrath and Clair's Kingdra.
>>
>>32437391
Also if you still have a Quilava when facing Jasmine chances are it's going to die to Steelix's Rock Throw. Typhlosion is sneaky one of the most shafted starters.
>>
>>32437391
>If you just use one pokemon, the trainers and the few wild encounters
Yeah, that's what I've done with the ape. Maybe the situation is just more widespread than I thought. I should try this with GSC chikorita or RBY charmander.
>>
>>32437391
>Chuck's Polywrath
Nah. Cynda line gets thunderpunch.
>>
>>32437477
Typhlosion gets Thunderpunch. Quilava, which is what you most likely have unless you've only been using your starter, doesn't.
>>
>>32437489
If you've been using other pokemon by this time, you're other shit will most likely deal with your starter's weaknesses like bellsprout or some bird or whatever. It's the first three or so gyms that usually trips up people because options are more limited. I think Clair was a legit challenge for Cyndaquil players though.
>>
>>32437553
Your Grass choices are shit and most birds get btfo by neutral Dynamicpunch
>>
>>32437580
>Your Grass choices are shit
Its good enough and I only threw it out there as what other possible shit you have
>most birds get btfo by neutral Dynamicpunch
So? Just finish it off with something else. I don't remember chuck being particularly nasty compared to whitney or clair
>>
>>32436637
A. Venasaur>Blastoise>Charizard
B. Feraligator>Typhlosion>Meganium
C. Swampert>Blaziken>Sceptile
D. Infernape>Empoleon>Torterra
E. Serperior>Samurott>Emboar
F. Greninja>Chesnaght>Delphox
G. Primarina>Decidueye>Incineroar
>>
>>32437391
>Cyndaquil gets fucked hard by Falkner's Mud-Slap Pidegeotto and Whitney's Rollout Miltank, not to mention Chuck's Poliwrath and Clair's Kingdra.

>>32437445
>Also if you still have a Quilava when facing Jasmine chances are it's going to die to Steelix's Rock Throw. Typhlosion is sneaky one of the most shafted starters.

These few instances of Typhlosion getting blocked don't matter in this thread because we're strictly talking about how he compares to the other starters, none of which curbstomp the game as much as he does.

Meganium has its obvious issues, and Feraligatr (in Gen 2) has no STAB moves that hit with its Attack stat. Meanwhile Typhlosion stomps 99% of what you'll face, and the few instances it doesn't are easily covered by one or maybe two other 'mons.
>>
>>32436912
>actually has speed
>fast dual screens supporting its natural bulk
>leech seed
>giga drain
I see no problem here, I used serperior in my latest black playthrough and it practically never died.
>>
>>32436637
TL;DR

Fire/Water starters are great ingame, Grass starters are shit.
>>
>>32438120
>few instances
That's one-half of the gym leaders and gym leaders and team boss battles are the only "challenges" in pokemon.
>>
>>32436721
In the original GSC, Feraligatr was trash in game due to no physical/special split and Gyarados outclasses it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.