[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /vp/, do you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14

File: last_good_generation.jpg (446KB, 1000x799px) Image search: [Google]
last_good_generation.jpg
446KB, 1000x799px
Well /vp/, do you?
>>
yes
S&M is as boring as BW, didn't even bothered to finish it
>>
No I miss BW2
>>
>>32435270
No.
SM were the best in the series yet. The only thing I miss is PSS.
>>
>>32435294
How are SM the "best in the series" when like 2/3rds of your playtime is just cutscenes? XY might have sucked but at least they were games and not interactive movies.
>>
>>32435299
>when like 2/3rds of your playtime is just cutscenes?
Because those cutscenes are fun and overall increase the quality of the game. So if 2/3rds of cutscenes, I was having fun that 2/3rd of times watching cutscenes, and having fun with the gameplay for the rest.

Not everyone thinks cutscenes are a bad thing. Shouldn't be hard to grasp.
>>
>>32435299
>>
>>32435270
yes ;_;
>>
No, XY almost killed my interest in the series.
>>
>>32435270
>missing 6th gen
nah, I'm glad 6th gen is gone.
>>
>>32435270
No. I miss Obama though.
Inb4 /pol/tards
>>
>>32435312
>cutscenes are fun and overall increase the quality of the game
Objectively wrong.
It's fine to have an opinion. But yours is wrong.
>>
File: 1486094455753.png (36KB, 118x192px)
1486094455753.png
36KB, 118x192px
>>32435481
>everybody who doesn't like obama is a /pol/tard
>>
>>32435481
But anon. America is becoming great again...in the next 100 days for sure!
>>
>>32435270
No

>>32435294
No
>>
I miss Bush
>>
Gen 7 somehow managed to be more disappointing than gen 6. It actually baffles me how people can claim that gen 7 was the best in the series. The region is terrible, the Pokemon distribution is terrible, Team Aether were terrible, Team Skull were alright but had practically no reason to exist, the cutscenes and handholding were terrible, the post-game was terrible, removing the PSS was terrible, Ultra Beasts were implemented terribly, most of the trials were terrible, graphically it was a step up from gen 6 but the battle animations were still just as shitty as they were in gen 6, the characters were a step up from gen 6 but that's hardly an achievement, some of the breeding conveniences were nice but they decided to remove move tutors and a breeding loop (autism box is just cumbersome compared to holding one direction on the d-pad), totem Pokemon were a nice addition but after you've played the game once it loses the surprise factor and just feels like another battle.
>>
>>32435700
Zygarde got cucked again
>>
>>32435312
>>32435315

You know who are the waifufags when they say SM are their favorites. Even normies have started to dislike the games.
>>
>>32435714
what about the japanese?
>>
>>32435270
No
>>
>>32435299
Go play a AAA vidya title and come back and call this an interactive movie anon seriously this amount of cutscenes isn't even as close to the most popular games out there like Uncharted and TLoU. If anything SM had quite short cutscenes for the average video game, it's not game freaks fault their games are so behind on the times, oh wait I guess It would be since their incompetent developers. Be happy it wasn't worse man, fuck be happy the legendary battle wasn't a cutscene cause if this game was made by another company it would have been
>>
Note that everyone who criticises Sun/Moon can list reasons why they dislike it. Everyone who loves just says "b-but it's fun". A game being fun isn't an argument, it's a conclusion that you come to because the game has properties that lead you to that opinion.
>>
>>32435270
Actually, yeah. They were shit but at least they were optimal for competitive play. There were also no lagspikes and triple battles still existed.
>>
>>32435531
IT'S HAPPENING.
>>
>>32435727
Worse sales pacing than XY and lowest user reviews in the series on Amazon.jp but most will say you can't put faith in the latter
>>
The only things I think SM improved on over XY is story, but even then XY story was the worst kind of garbage so that's not an accomplishment, and a bit more challenge in the main game. Everything else is either the same shit from gen 6 or undid some of the benefits gen 6 had.
>>
The only games I miss are RBY/GSC because while the games themselves got much better after them the atmosphere and story presence was perfect in those while they only deteriorate more and more nearly every generation. I wish we could get the best of both worlds.

In comparison only to SM though, yeah, I guess I do miss XY. There's not really anything I like more in SM but the PC Judge. The worst part is XY is the only game that dialed back the decay in atmosphere and story presence compared to the generation prior but SM doubled down and I doubt it'll get any better with Ohmori at the helm.
>>
>>32435742
Wow pretty broad generalization buddy. Look here's me showing why I like the game, without saying it's fun.

>No more chibi models
>Grid based movement is gone
>HMs are gone
>The region actually feels like a real >place instead of a simulation like every game before it.
>Characters are actually good this time and aren't one dimensional card board cut outs like X&Y
>Improved battle animations
>Deviation from the gym formula which was getting stale after 20 years
>Pokemon designs are good, most feel like they belong in the region which helps with the immersion.
>Z moves although a bit cringed have made the competitive scene a lot less predictable, and boring to play

Is this what you wanted?
>>
>>32436173
>No more chibi models
>HMs are gone
All valid improvements, although the first two were due to hardware limitations (at least for the first 5 gens)
>The region actually feels like a real >place instead of a simulation like every game before it.
I'd argue the exact opposite, this game is far more railroaded than any other game in the series and it barely feels like there are any areas to explore.
>Characters are actually good this time and aren't one dimensional card board cut outs like X&Y
They're certainly better than XY, but that's not exactly difficult. They're all still pretty one dimensional though.
They're barely an improvement over gen 6, which had boring battle animations.
The Totem battles were nice but most of the trials were poor and just involved beating a few wild Pokemon. At least some of the gym puzzles used to be a bit engaging.
>Pokemon designs are good, most feel like they belong in the region which helps with the immersion.
Too bad that most of the newer Pokemon were very rare and locked away behind <20% encounter rates.
>Z moves although a bit cringed have made the competitive scene a lot less predictable, and boring to play
It's an improvement but the metagame is still reliant on only a handful of certain Pokemon.
>>
>>32435270
I do somewhat miss gen 6, but mostly because I wanted to see Kalos get completed and instead Zygarde got cucked & rushed into SM with shit mechanics and gimmicks

All the mysterious locations like the Power plant, Couriway Town etc could had been so much more
>>
>>32435277
>boring as BW.
I'd say your taste is shit.
>>
>>32436173
>No more chibi models

Sure, that's nice, but hardly worth mentioning.

Only to fuck it up by restricting movement on the 3ds godawful analog stick

>HMs are gone

Hms were a non-issue since gen 5

That's nice, but graphics are such a small part in the totem pole of important game design, and even then, SM are far below the presentation of other 3ds titles, and that's largelybecause GF is terrible at properly optimizing the hardware they're working with.

Some are better, some are worse. And the lag is even worse than the gen 6 games

Only to give us a terribly under-utilized island challenges that are even more mundane than gym battles.

This is way too subjective, but I'll just simply say I respectfully disagree with you.

I haven't touched competitive Pokemon since early XY, so I got nothing on this.
>>
>>32436258
Oh forgot to add on this

XY were the definition of bottom of the barrel in that area. Anyone could come up with a better story than it.
>>
>>32435714
>normies
>being right about anything ever
>>
>>32435714
Normies have disliked the games since around the turn of the millenium nerd
>>
>>32435481
>Brought to you by Shareblue™
>>
The only thing to make XY good for the people who like it is because they are better than another game in the franchise (well or they think that is better).
Why?? Throw shit over SM (who is for me one of the best game in the franchise) can't make XY better.
>>
>>32436341
>better
I mean, Good.
>>
>>32436291
>>32436296
>>32435714
>Normies only like or dislike something when it conveniences me.
>>
>>32436214
>>32436258
Thanks for the response, but I was just responding to your claim that people who like Sun&Moon can only say that it was fun. It wasn't meant to be critiqued, although I don't really care.
>>
>>32436353
I dunno what you're on about. The only context pokemon is acceptable with normies is reminiscing about RBY and the pokemon craze from childhood. If you weren't an autist neckbear shut-in you'd know this.
>>
>>32435270
What do you miss the most, /vp/? I miss the PSS and the hype of new Megas. Z-moves just aren't interesting enough and really mostly benefit Pokemon that are already so strong that they can afford to forgo an item for a one-turn nuke.
That said I still prefer SM to XY specifically solely due to Tierno's absence.
Him and most of the rest of XY's cast makes replaying Kalos agonizing in a way that SM somehow manages to avoid.
>>
>>32435270
no
>>
File: 1492926963362.png (1MB, 1035x968px) Image search: [Google]
1492926963362.png
1MB, 1035x968px
>>32435270
Why would I do that? Gen 6 was bad overal and S&M is an improvement over XY/ORAS, even if it a slight improvement. I miss BW2
>>
As someone whose last pokemon game they played was SoulSilver when it was released back in 2009, which game should I pick up and play? Its been fucking 7 years and I want to have a good Pokemon experience.

I was going to pick up AS/OR since I loved R/S/E and the Hoenn region was my favorite but people are saying it was a disappointment.

The consensus I got was to just play Black/White and then skip to Moon/Sun. What do you guys think?
>>
File: My Tier.png (4MB, 1380x3014px)
My Tier.png
4MB, 1380x3014px
>>
>>32439648
That is some absolute shit taste right there.
>>
>>32438889
>The consensus I got was to just play Black/White and then skip to Moon/Sun. What do you guys think?
The best option BW and SM are for me the best. If you want to play sonething from the sixth generation play Super MD.
>>
>>32436869
Anon, we aren't talking about you.
>>
>>32435270
HG, BW, BW2, XY and ORAS are really entertaining to play as a romhack (Sacred Gold, Blaze Black, Blaze Black 2, Eternal X, Rutile Ruby) whereas Sun and Moon are sooo slow, you spend too little time actually battling and too much is still idle talk and cutscenes.
>>
>>32439648
This is a joke right?
>>
>>32435270
I miss X/Y, not OR/AS.

S/M was at least a step up from that abortion.
>>
>>32435270
No. XY were the only games I didn't bother to play both versions despite owning both.
ORAS were the only games I didn't bother to finish.

SM aren't perfect but they're better than anything Gen 6 managed to shit out and call a game.

The last great pokémon games were HGSS. BW2 is acceptable too. The series won't ever be that good again.
>>
File: 1473959662402.png (8KB, 448x435px)
1473959662402.png
8KB, 448x435px
>>32439648
>>
File: 1468273293695.png (80KB, 204x190px)
1468273293695.png
80KB, 204x190px
>>32435270
Yes. I've liked Gen VI since the beginning and I still like those games very much. I can't really understand why almost everyone on /vp/ seems to hate XY and ORAS, but then again those games sold very well and got great reviews everywhere so who cares about the contrarian shitposting on this board. The fanbase has spoken and the general consensus literally everywhere outside of /vp/ is that Gen VI was good and I'm fine with that.

SM are "okay" I guess, definitely not bad but disappointing nevertheless. I hope GF somehow redeems Gen VII with the next games.
>>
>>32435270
XY? A lot.
ORAS? Nah.
>>
Single player quality aside, early XY was one of the best periods of Pokemon ever

>first worldwide release meant playing blind was possible, anyone who spoiled themselves from early copy leaks missed a huge opportunity
>no hacks at all resulted in the first time Pokemon had a real online trading economy
>competitive battling felt fresh with megas and fairies shaking things up after gen 5 was quite stale

XY's hugely improved online is also what made me try VGC/official metas for the first time which I now still enjoy much more than simulators, so I appreciate that

ORAS was ok but being the current game for a full 2 years was too much
>>
>>32440129
idiot.
>>
>>32438889
>I was going to pick up AS/OR since I loved R/S/E and the Hoenn region was my favorite but people are saying it was a disappointment.
ORAS is the best 3DS Pokemon game by far.

Do what u want though.
>>
>>32440214
>early XY was one of the best periods of Pokemon ever
This. Anyone who was here back then remembers that the leak season and early XY were great time on /vp/ and people were actually having a lot of fun. The Gen VI hate didn't start until ORAS had been out for a while. This place was completely nuts because of Fairy-type and Megas and SM never really had that same impact.
>>
>>32440267
Knowing that Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion existed but having no idea what they looked like was hype as fuck. I still don't know how Serebii had their type combos from day one though.
>>
>>32435704
Good.
>>
>>32440129
my nigga

I still want Z
>>
File: 35.png (261KB, 488x331px)
35.png
261KB, 488x331px
>>32435270
SM were pretty bad but anything is better than Gen 6, I'd gladly take another SM if the alternative was XY or ORAS, even if I want another Platinum or BW2.
>>
File: 1420863330644.png (284KB, 977x625px)
1420863330644.png
284KB, 977x625px
>>32435312
>Not everyone thinks cutscenes are a bad thing.
I don't think cutscenes are bad, I think having too frequent cutscenes is bad. A lot of the cutscenes in SM add nothing to the game besides character interaction, and Game Freak characters are always generic with exceptions being rare, so I don't particularly want to spend a long amount of time with them when they're trying to get in the way of me playing the game.
They should've put a Pokégear/Pokénav/C-Gear in the game and had all those character interaction scenes be optional through that instead of shoved down your throat.
>>
>>32440180
>The fanbase has spoken and the general consensus literally everywhere outside of /vp/ is that Gen VI was good
All pokemon games sell well and get good reviews. Ask the average person on any website what they think of it and you will most likely get an "okay" at best for either and especially XY. ANyone who thinks /vp/ is contrarian just has unpopular opinions
>>
I like most of the cutscenes in SM but making them unskippable was definitely a mistake. If they were they wouldnt even be an issue.
>>
>>32439648
Why is emerald so low and hgss only in good? is this bait?
>>
File: pokemon rankings.png (2MB, 1087x1870px)
pokemon rankings.png
2MB, 1087x1870px
>>32439648
>>
>>32441955
better. don't completely agree, but better than >>32439648
>>
>>32441955
Replace X&Y with ORAS and I agree
>>
>>32435481
who gives a shit
>>
>>32435299
>implying everyone hated the cutscenes
>>32435481
>mentions a political figure
>inb4 /pol/tards
>>
>>32441955
Swap Platinum and B2W2. Imo Platinum's engine fucks it sideways and actively reduces the game's quality.
>>
>>32441912
I wouldn't. I've been able to replay XY and ORAS multiple times. I can barely make myself replay SM once.
>>
>>32436869
And don't forget when Pokemon Go made it trendy and cool to like Pokemon again.
>>
>>32439732
>aren't talking about you
>replied to my post
Sure thing m8

>>32443173
Well, yeah, for the two weeks that lasted
>>
I'm a newfag, explain me the Pokemon BW2 cocksucking please
>>
I really don't have any desire to play the main games anymore, if they added in difficulty settings then I'd play but I doubt gf would do that.

I only really play showdown now because I don't feel like grinding to get the best teams, I just want to play with whatever team I want which gf doesn't really want to do. I'd play even longer if they added in a post game function that lets you adjust ivs and natures to your liking, but going in the same circle for hatching makes the post game boring in my opinion.
>>
>>32443311
In my opinion they're overhyped because I don't care about postgame that much, but they're Pokemon games that have a lot to see and do. They're held up as a gold standard because the gameplay is not just the main game - there's a sizeable postgame as well. In addition the gameplay isn't totally braindead.
>>
>>32441955
Lower BW a few tiers and it's perfect.
>>
File: 1399222549070.png (56KB, 367x325px)
1399222549070.png
56KB, 367x325px
There's only one thing I miss
>>
>>32435270
But gen 6, i still have you sitting on the shelf across the room. How could i miss you if you've never left?
>>
>>32439648
this is 100% accurate
>>
>>32441927
The thing that pissed me off was as follows

>reach new area
>want to explore
>walk 3 steps
>Hau comes over
>cutscene
>Lillie comes over
>more cutscene
>walk three more steps
>Lillie comes back
>more cutscene
>walk 5 steps
>Team Skull comes over
>cutscene
>battle against 1 poke
>cutscene
>battle against 1 poke
>cutscene
>Hau and Lillie come back over
>more cutscene

I just want to explore the new town, Goddammit, stop trying to show me things I can find myself.
>>
>>32443311
>difficulty settings, even if they were implemented in the most half-assed and roundabout way possible
>huge wild Pokemon variety with good distribution of both new and old Pokemon
>huge postgame
>affectionately referenced all earlier games with the PWT instead of exclusively sucking Kanto's dick
>still added new areas to explore to an existing region
>decent story by Pokemon standards
>good characters by Pokemon standards
>few to no huge, glaring flaws to shitpost endlessly about
There are a lot of things that went right with BW2 and not much that went catastrophically wrong.
>>
>>32435270
I miss ORAS just a little, but fuck XY.
Before I just didn't care for them, but after playing SM and going back to replay XY I found myself absolutely hating every second of it. It felt like I was playing a poorly-done fangame. The fact that they skipped over XY for a third version completely baffles me, because they desperately needed one.
>>
>>32443311
pretty solid main game with a fixed unova region, great selection of pokemon from the beginning (mareep,eevee,growlithe,etc), a huge amount of post game content, both battle-wise (PWT and subway) and minigames and shit (pokestar studios, medals, join avenue,fucking musicals). it's basically GF at its best now that they finally managed to use the DS hardware

it's not perfect tho, back sprites still look awful and the lack of wifi fucked the join avenue, but along with HGSS and Pt, BW2 its one of the best

too bad it fucked up XY for me, I guess I was expecting too much
>>
>>32435270
Every game has things I miss, but each entry in the series tries out something new. Even when a game isn't a step in the right direction, I'm happy to see what GameFreak is trying out, and explore those decisions with them. I personally found X and Y somewhat difficult to enjoy, and am having a easier time with Sun and Moon, but I wouldn't have said I missed Gen V when I was playing Gen VI.
>>
>>32438889
Play ORAS if you're skipping XY. Gen 5 can be skipped in its entirety.
>>
>>32440180
>It sold well so it must be good.

When will this meme end?

It sold well because we're all being retarded and buying into the hype of new Pokemon games.
>>
>>32443520
There's barely anything to explore desu
>>
>>32438889
That sounds like a good idea, although I'll add two things.
If you play and enjoy BW you might also enjoy BW2, which are basically new games using the same region, and definitely worth playing. There's a reason a lot of people think they're the best in the series.
Secondly, if you're going to play XY or ORAS (I'd recommend ORAS personally), make sure you do it before you play SM, because if you come back to them afterwards instead then you'll probably take one look at the chibi graphics and want to gouge your eyes out.
>>
>>32443796
>Neither sales or reviews mean anything because I say so

When will this meme end?
>>
>>32436243
but BW is boring because it's stupidly linear, while SM is boring because it's a cutscene that occasionally breaks out into a game
>>
>>32444146
/vp/ has always been a contrarian shithole.
>>
>>32444339
XY feels like an even uglier combination of those two complaints
>>
>>32435714
>implying XY/ORAS don't have any waifu pandering
Try later
>>
XY no, but I miss Dexnav from ORAS a lot.
>>
>>32435270
I'd rather someone shits on my face than playing those shitty games again.
>>
>>32443311
It must have been a "you had to be there" thing. For me, it removed everything that made BW stand out (being a self contained reboot world with it's own Pokedex, the interesting story). I thought going through the same areas in a different order was actually kind of a slog, and the rival character they added is possibly the worst one in the series. I guess the post game is good. But a lot of that was centered around the no longer relevant multiplayer competitive aspects of the game. In that regard I think BW has aged much much better.
>>
>>32436214
>All valid improvements, although the first two were due to hardware limitations (at least for the first 5 gens)
>DS games
>impossible due to hardware limitations
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32441955
Replace White 2 with emerald and that's basically me list
>>
>>32441886
Why?
>>
>>32443311
pretty sure they're the games that sold the worst and /vp/ loves being contrarian
>>
>>32435270
XY sorta, ORAS not really.
>>
>>32435270
ORAS is the pokémon game where I clocked less hours. Most games I pick up, I end up dumping at least 100 hours on it. I have 35.

XY was lame. Good riddance to Gen 6
>>
>>32443520
Congrats anon, you finished the game now go and explore Poni Island.
>>
>>32435294
>not gen 1 or 2
>best in the series

Pick one, and only one.
>>
>>32435294
>SM were the best in the series yet
kek
>>
>>32446001
>gen 1 or 2
>best in the series
nigga u dum. Gen 1 has aged worse than milk and was always an unbalanced glitch-filled mess, while the gen 2 games are strictly worse than their remakes. Best games are either HGSS or something from Gen V, depending on how you feel about level curves and linearity, due to those games having very few critical shortcomings and still holding up very well today.
>>
File: 021.jpg (124KB, 392x495px)
021.jpg
124KB, 392x495px
>>32445380
>the rival character they added is possibly the worst one in the series
Hugh is pure, don't speak bad of him. His motivation may have been shallow but he was an active rival who didn't overstay his welcome in cutscenes, as opposed to the XY group or Lillie who do overstay their welcome in cutscenes but somehow accomplish very little in the plot.
>>
>>32445903
No one cares how well they sold, holy shit. Gen 1 sold the most and people think the games are the worst, because they are technically.
>>
>>32435312
what do you miss? The debt? The sky high taxes? The race war? Kill yourself

And "/pol/tards"? This is fucking 4chan not Facebook.
>>
>>32435733
>SM had quite short cutscenes for the average video game,
For your average console game maybe. But handhelds and a Nintendo one no less?
15 hours in a game that's about 30 hours long is appalling
>>
>>32436214
It's worth noting that XY did this before SM but locked it to the skates. ORAS then went and removed the skated giving the player total freedom.
>>
Playing through Black, I forgot how difficult the game can be at times. Especially after the narrative finishes and the sharp level curve for the post-game. It's slightly frustrating, but far more engaging than SM.
>>
File: 1484188645425.jpg (67KB, 640x479px)
1484188645425.jpg
67KB, 640x479px
>>32435270
It was a pretty solid gen, but I'd miss this gen way more if it actually was somewhat complete instead of leaving shit unanswered and cucking the lore for the Aura trio

It's also dreadful what happened to zygarde and how its just a shit gimmick
>>
>>32435530
>>32436331
>>32443151
>let's strawman this fag, he likes Obama hurr durr

>>32443127
You, seeing how you replied.

>>32443311
Swap Emerald with BW2, as well as putting XY on par with ORAS and SM in the shit tier and you're fine.

>>32441955
Fuck Off
>>
>>32449112
>>32443311 meant for >>32441955 and viceversa.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.