[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when a spin-off has a better story than every single mainline game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

>>
>>32434500
The ranger series has a pretty good story too imo. At least for the 1st and 2nd games. I've never played Guardian signs
>>
Not gonna lie, PMD Blue Rescue Team was one of the only two games that made me cry at the end.

The other game was PMD Explorers of Darkness.
>>
>>32434500
>When nothing that GF can pull out of their ass can ever beat EoS
Why even live
>>
The whole series is pretty great for story.
>>
>>32434500
You are right, but that really isn't an high bar to surpass
>>
>>32434500
New Mystery Dungeon with UBs as the main villains when?
>>
File: Autism.png (31KB, 816x373px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.png
31KB, 816x373px
>The guys that give COD High scores
>>
>>32435074
>There are a lot of post story gameplay
>>
>>32435074
>4.5
>5.5
>5.5
>5
>7.5
>Overall: 4.9
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
File: Gates.jpg (72KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
Gates.jpg
72KB, 568x320px
>>32434500
That's not exactly an accomplishment given the standards of the stories of the main series
Sky doesn't even have the best PMD story
>>
>>32435124
IGN has never made sense with its scores
>>
File: 1475256305661.jpg (140KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475256305661.jpg
140KB, 960x640px
>>32435163
>that whole final act up to the credits
>followed by that epilogue
Despite all its gameplay issues this game was really enjoyable.
>>
File: 1480492137685.png (158KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1480492137685.png
158KB, 379x440px
>>32434500
The spinoffs have generally good stories, with EoS being the saddest, not necessarily the best. There's this weird concept that the sadder a story is, the better, or "deeper" it is. I don't agree with that, and while I do think EoS has a pretty enjoyable story, it's not my favorite. That's still SM's.

I prefer Ranger stories over MD stories, anyway. I think the presentation in MD stories is the worst, even worse than any main series game. The reason is probably because I find the gameplay boring, and the story is buried under piles of that boring gameplay. The stories and the world of Pokemon living independently is the only reason I play MD games, so MD series probably isn't for me.
>>
>>32435256
>Ranger
Is the third ranger game any good? I played the first two and enjoyed them, but I'm hoping the 3rd game isn't a flop.
>>
File: fat.jpg (129KB, 960x785px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
129KB, 960x785px
>>32434500
>person who you thought was your friend is actually the villain
>>
>>32434511
Guardian Signs unironically has the best story of the 3 and probably one of the best in the series

It's not absolutely jaw-dropping but the plot is quite good for a Pokemon game
>>
AS IF THAT'S HARD TO DO, EVERY MAIN GAME HAS LITERALLY ZERO STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32436158
I liked the story the most, and it was overall the most fun. Gameplay-wise, you don't get to pick your partner, but you instead get to summon Legendaries and you can ride thiem and that was fun. That added more variety in gameplay. Even platforming at times. It had Soaring before ORAS did, and it was a lot more fun.

If you liked the first two, you WILL like the third. There's no real downgrade, and it has a more Alola-like region, with islands and a comfy rural setting.
>>
>>32435256
>There's this weird concept that the sadder a story is, the better, or "deeper" it is.
I think it stems from the fact that when sad stories are done well, they go straight to you in a way that an upbeat story doesn't.
>>
>>32436178
I'm curious as to why you say that. It's literally the same kind of plot as Almia but more compressed and less quirky miniboss squad.
>>
>>32436188
It's more like all they see are happy stories, so seeing a sad one makes them think it's groundbreaking for some reason. GET OUT OF SHITTY CHILDREN'S ENTERTAINMENT.
>>
>>32436208
>>32435256
PMD stories aren't sad, retard
They're melancholic at best, but not sad.
>>
>>32436170
the plot twist in EoS about Dusknoir is so badly done, you can see it coming miles away.
>>
>>32436188
I have some problem with you stating that as a "fact". This sort of thing is just a matter of preference. Nothing more. They both bring out emotions that aren't easy to bring out for some. The only difference is, people like to be happy, so a story making them happy is living up to their expectations, while a story that makes them sad is forcing them to go along with its pace. There's nothing special about the latter that can go straight to you. Sad moments might remind you of something in your own life, and connect with you that way, but happy moments can do that too. I get reminded of my dad whenever I see a good father-son relationship in any series, not just when I see the father dying.
>>
>>32435074
Good lord, this guy is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>32436427
Maybe they meant Nuzleaf?
Sure he was acting suspicious but I just thought his curiosity really got the best of him. It actually got me
>>
>>32436432
Sad stories need to be good. Happy stories get more leeway because people like to be happy anyway. Happy now?
>>
File: 1467474459698.png (417KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1467474459698.png
417KB, 500x700px
>>32434500
I just wish they didn't SHOVE A FLASHBACK DOWN YOUR THROAT EVERY 5 MINUTES

GOD MOM IM 13 NOW IM IN MIDDLE SCHOOL IM NOT A KID ANYMORE

its not a phase i swear

inb4 I get banned for an obvious joke post
wait on second thought pls ban me so I can get my life back together
>>
>>32439257
Oh yeah, maybe, though it would work better if they were talking about GTI, that lil bitch really got me, even after the reveal i was really confused.
>>
>>32439298
Nice shitpost. Even has the reddit spacing.
But you stay here fuckwad, /vp/ has no moderation.
>>
>>32434500
I actually didn't like this one over BRT. I found that the "future timeline" thing was getting old and they didn't really add anything new to the formula.

I really enjoyed the first one, especially when you got framed, kicked out and had to tough it with your partner. I found that pretty good.

All else aside, Explorers of Sky has way better mechanics, since it is an upgrade.
>>
>>32435074
>No improvements to him
>Music is just okay
>Story appearently doesn't matter
LMAO
>>
>>32440647
To be honest, for a third version of a pokemon game, EoS is a really underwhelming game, while other third versions add and changed the main story to make it worth playing again, EoS leave it as it is, so if you played Darkness/Time you have no reason to play through the main story again, you could skip to the post game and nothing would've been lost.
In fact EoS is more of a expansion rather than a third version, since most of it's content is post game and optional stuff.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.