[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REMAKE COMPARISON CHART FIXED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 9

File: remake battle.png (1022KB, 1564x2925px) Image search: [Google]
remake battle.png
1022KB, 1564x2925px
Fixed it. It was always annoying how all the others are obvious bait either completely shitting on ORAS or completely shitting on HGSS so I did this.

I tried to make it show how not everything is necessarily an objective positive or negative, but just a result of what the games priorities seem to be.

It's a bit longer I think, but also a lot better. And more fair in my opinion
>>
Looks good to me.

Would you say the Pokewalker was a part of HGSS's experience or not? If so, it should probably be in there somewhere.
>>
>>32431440
What would it even be compared to?
>>
>>32431473
Not that anon, but I guess the comparison might be less about the poke walker itself and the interaction it had with the game, but about just getting something physical with the game itself. Like FRLG came with a wireless adapter, HGSS had the walker, ORAS came with nothing. Or I guess a poster, if you preordered.
>>
>>32431499
That's true, one could say that they others came with optional physical items to enhance the experience when ORAS didnt, I suppose
>>
>>32431147
Masuda, you piece of severed dick...
>>
>>32431541
"Ha ha, I really dont know!"
>>
>FRLG battle facility
Couldn't you play it once?
>New islands
Barely any johto nor hoenn pokemon, completing the gen 3 cashgrab by nintendo that required you to own many GBA/GBC games
>>
>>32431583
not quite sure what you mean on either point desu
>>
HGSS are the best remakes so far. No doubt about it.
>>
>>32431627
I mean, I agree
>>
>>32431583
that some of FRLG's praised ''new content'' is actually really, really poor
>>
>>32431147
The contests weren't any easier than before you know.
>>
I really like this OP, I like when people do non-biased stuff but it's rare over here.
>>
>>32431147
>no new locations
>what are mirage spots
>>
>>32431147
There's still a fairly clear bias here.
Just look at how much more effort was put into showing off the positives of HGSS and none of the negatives while it's the complete opposite for the other two.
>>
>>32431147
>multiple legendaries given to you for free
>literally just one
>HGSS' legendaries tie them to the world
>all non native mon blow a hole in the lore
>completely forgetting about trainers eyes
>minesweeper is a "unique" minigame
>no mention of the two island game corner or the new secret base features

It's also pretty hilarious that you would mention immersion for HGSS when it removed some of the more immersive mechanics in GSC like sleeping pokemon.
Oh and if I remember right only one cave was changed in HGSS the rest were simple graphical updates.

Fix your shit and lose the favoritism.
>>
>>32431719
Oh yeah and along with the whole immersion part the game had removed the location based evolution mechanic entirely.
>>
>>32431147

The ORAS breaks my heart, all i wanted was the Battle Frontier with newer pokemons
>>
>>32431662
Except every positive was countered by a negative for HGSS, and that's not the case with ORAS

>>32431719
>Mega Fug and Lati@s
>all non native mons are specifically attracted by the music from the Pokegear
>Trainer Eyes was mentioned
>You dont like the minigame so it's not unique
>Mt Silver, Mt Mortar and Lake of Rage changed, along with bringing back Cerulean Cave and Viridian Forest

Nice try friend
>>
>>32431662
Well... HGSS is still just the better game
>>
>>32431583
>Barely any johto nor hoenn pokemon
Since when is 60% "barely any"? Why include hoenn pokemon when the games before and after them are riddled with them? That is like releasing a DPPt remake now and including Alolan pokemon. That is the definition of wasted potential.

I agree that it's ridiculous to need so many games to complete the pokedex. It's pokemon though. That would be like complaining about a mobile game being pay-to-win, that is the business model. That is only to complete the national pokedex anyway. The games have sufficient pokemon for any number of playthroughs.
>>
>>32432215
I agreed
>>
>>32431950
>>Mega Fug and Lati@s
First mistake you don't get Ray for free despite the raised capture rate. Only one Lati per game is given to you the other you have to battle.
>>all non native mons are specifically attracted by the music from the Pokegear
Legendaries you idiot. You can clearly see that was in response to the legendary portion.
>>Trainer Eyes was mentioned
Do you even know what Trainers eyes is? Because there is absolutely no mention of it.
>>You dont like the minigame so it's not unique
Clearly you have no idea what unique means if you're calling one of the most common games unique. That would be like calling Call of Duty unique. In any case it was pretty poorly handled as well seeing as you were forced to play the game if you needed anything from from the GC like a TM. Remember, there were no opportunities to buy coins.
>>Mt Silver, Mt Mortar and Lake of Rage changed, along with bringing back Cerulean Cave and Viridian Forest
Mt. Silver being the one cave. The rest are literally just graphical updates including cerulean and viridian. Being absent from GSC doesn't change the fact that it has the exact same layout as it did in all previous Kanto games.

Try again and next time actually do some research.
>>
>people still defend ORAS
>>
>>32432696
And people still defend HGSS to the point of lying about it. What's your point?
>>
>>32432696
>people still defend the franchise
If this post end in a 9, the DP remake will happen but they will be the worst games in the franchise.
>>
>>32432701
HGSS is great. What is there to defend?
>>
>>32431499
>>32431518
the wireless adapter was more due to the time the games were made
>>
>>32433182
>What is there to defend?
How about the numerous mistakes, inconsistent lore, lack of any real fixes from the original, no location based evolution mechanic, gimmicks out the ass that are forced on the players, the lazy execution of following pokemon and the pokewalker and the lengthened content to artificially elongate the game.
To scratch the surface

HGSS is one of the most unpolished games yet and it's clear they were thinking only of quantity rather than quality.
>>
>>32431147
do people actually give a shit about the game corner or do y'all just like complaining?
i just bought the shit i wanted with coins i hated endlessly mashing "A" and hoping to get lucky
>>
>>32431147
>story the highest priority
So ORAS is still the worst? Nice job
>>
>>32433320
ORAS will always be the worst remake no matter how people try to sugar coat it
>>
>>32433261
It was all the fun of gambling with none of the risk
>>
>>32431147
>no new location added
Off the top of my head, oras added that small cave with heatran. Also I think Mauville qualifies as new location.

You also completely ignored soaring and the super secret bases.
>>
>>32433343
>expecting johtoddlers to represent the other remakes properly
Can we get a template here so someone can make a good one?
>>
>>32433418
He's going to say something like
>b-but XY...
Without realising how much could be removed from HGSS using that same reasoning.
>>
>>32433418
Oh yeah and do you ever notice how they fail to mention the new forms introduced in ORAS and that Origin Giratina was made event exclusive?
>>
>>32433445
yeah. Simply disguting. I hope it is low quality bait, however I think he actually believes his own shit.
>>
It's sad that HGSS, one of the best games, has the absolute worst supporters.
>>
>>32432683
>Embedded Tower was built by Johto natives
>Latias was roaming because of the Enigma Stone
>You travel to Sinjoh which has backstory
wrong AGAIN

>minesweeper mixed with Sudoku isnt unique
>obviously means unique within the franchise
I dont understand

>>32433343
>>32433418
>>32433432
>>32433445
>>32433456
These lists were never about listing absolutely everything every game added retards, but comparing similar things in all three games to talk about how they executed things. Fucking grow up, being so embarrasingly butthurt over ORAS, and learn what a tripfag is
>>
>>32433491
So you point out that ORAS removed 2 minigames, but conveniently omit that 5 new minigames were added instead.

Take your head out of your ass, OP.
>>
File: IMG_1687.jpg (21KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1687.jpg
21KB, 604x438px
HGSS is filled with feel-good fluff and didn't actually try and improve on the originals, unlike ORAS tried to
Prove me wrong
>>
>>32433341
>fun
>no risk
>on a game that runs entirely on addiction
anon....
>>
>>32433445
Plus it literally states too many legendaries were event exclusive in the legendaries section of HGSS, and in ORAS it's the most ever and the easiest to get

>>32433524
My point was how they specifically treated the Game Corner

>>32433432
there isnt a single thing in the HGSS section that I mention that came from Platinum, aside from the copy pasted frontier. If I were to add "things the game has just by coming out in the gen" Then I'd be adding a lot of unnecessary things like the physical/special split being in HGSS and ORAS compared to FRLG, for example.
>>
>>32433491
>These lists were never about listing absolutely everything every game added retards, but comparing similar things in all three games to talk about how they executed things

>ORAS adds 23 brand new Pokemon Formes, 3 brand new abilities, and 3 brand new moves.

>HGSS adds 0 new Pokemon formes, 0 new Moves, and 0 new Abilities

>but hey, lets not talk about that because it proves ORAS is the best remake.
>>
>>32433491
>>Embedded Tower was built by Johto natives
And the red and blue Orbs are magically in Johto with not one ounce of explanation as well as the unexplained jade orb. Not to mention that Groudon and Kyogre were either sent back to rest or captured during the events of RSE so there's no way they could be in Johto at any point in time. As for the tower itself, why on earth was it built to hose three different pokemon they seemingly knew nothing about?
>>Latias was roaming because of the Enigma Stone
Once again, an item magically telephoned to Johto.
>>You travel to Sinjoh which has backstory
Which implies that was the original creation of the gods or that there are multiple sets of them running around despite it being established that they're one of a kind
>>minesweeper mixed with Sudoku isnt unique
There's nothing Sudoku about it. It's literally just minesweeper with a voltorb motif.
>>obviously means unique within the franchise
Yes and? That doesn't make it any less dull and derivative.
>I dont understand
Of course you don't understand. You're willing to go to absurd lengths to defend the game to the point that you're rejecting any and all facts presented.
>>
>>32433574
>HGSS adds 0 new Pokemon formes
Hey now I think you're forgetting about that useless pichu
>>
>>32433580
If we are counting the useless Pichu, we will also have to count the 5 Cosplay Pikachu formes for ORAS, which would add up a total 28 new formes in ORAS, making the difference even bigger.
>>
>>32431147
>distinct personality
Holy shit. They're all derivative of each other you retard and about as braindead too. You forgot how tedious it is to arrange a gym leader rematch too you dumbass.
>>
>>32433574
That single thing is just a positive for ORAS, no one thing will make a game the best remake. Plus I mentioned how it adds all previous evolutions and gives you the national dex early, so it's not like I'm afraid to say nice things about the game conspiracy theory autist.

Good point though, I guess that could have used it's own section

>>32433577
So your point is it doesnt explain the things pokemon never explains? Like how legendaries can be in multiple places? HGSS having good lore doesnt mean it's gonna start going further than the franchise limits. Plus, if they bult the tower, obviously they know about the pokemon. Plus, stop getting your opinions about Voltorb Slip in there. It is unique within the franchise. I left my opinions out (I was gonna call both the contests in ORAS and Voltorb FLip more fun than the orignals but left it out)
>>
>>32433615
Definitely no, the rematch people generally have unique ways of talking to you on the phone

Plus I mentioned how hard it is to set up rematches in general
>>
Only retarded tumblrinas like the shitshow that is ORAS.
>>
>>32433624
>HGSS having good lore
It literally has the worst lore in the entire franchise anon.
And that's not counting what was there before the remake either.
>Plus, if they bult the tower, obviously they know about the pokemon.
Except for the fact that, you know, Groudon, Kyogre and Ray were hidden secrets and sealed away in Hoenn.

It's also worth noting that other games don't need to explain a thing because in the case of FRLG and most games nar HGSS it only used mon that were implied to have more than one or in the case of ORAS have Hoopa pull them from other world.
Never has there been such a lazy attempt at this since HGSS.

>Plus, stop getting your opinions about Voltorb Slip in there.
Do you even know what an opinion is? Here's a tip, it's not just some catch all defense when you're losing an argument.
>>
>>32433624
>That single thing is just a positive for ORAS, no one thing will make a game the best remake.
>he purposely omits one of the major things about ORAS
>when he was caught, he treats the omission like a single feature that isn't that important, and disguises it with a "good, point though!"
Nice try, OP.
>>
>>32433674
>tumlrinas like ORAS
>when HGSS is filled with LGBT shit
>>
>>32433674
Best selling remake by a big margin. Stay mad, anin. You are the shitty minority.
>>
>>32433698
So anyone going to work on a good comparison or what?
>>
>>32433690
Even when I agree with you you're mad. It should have been mentioned but I didnt think of it. Why do you want to argue so badly? Not every thread needs to be a shitstorm friend

>>32433687You thinking Voltorb Flip being boring is not a rebuttal to it being a unique minigame in the franchise. But sure, you're "winning"

The Gen 3 legendaries were hidden secrets to the people of Hoenn, but not Johto. This isnt difficult
>>
>>32433698
It's not a very big margin, and sales really dont mean much. My favourite game is BW2 and that didnt sell well at all.
>>
>guy doesn't suck GF's cock for the gift from the heavens that was ORAS
>throws a fit and turns his thread into a shitflinging contest
Really makes me think
>>
>>32433793
>My favourite game is BW2 and that didnt sell well at all.
BW2 is the best selling third version. Bad example bucko.
>>
>>32433802
Is it? Welp. But yeah, I couldnt care less about sales. Especially since people will buy the game regardless
>>
Aw man, this thread was going so well but hoenn fags had to start shit as usual.

I like all the Megas that ORAS introduced but that doesn't make the game any better. In fact, it was a cunt move from GF to leave those megas exclusive to ORAS and not release a patch for XY.
>>
>>32433786
>The Gen 3 legendaries were hidden secrets to the people of Hoenn
>but not Johto.
You realise how dumb that is right.

The area where the weather trio ran amok and had a tower erected for Ray kept it quiet.
But in Johto it was common knowledge. There area where no one should have known and it's impossible for them to make contact with them.
>>
>>32433772
Is a good comparison "make sure everything else looks like shit compared to ORAS"?
>>
>>32433821
>In fact, it was a cunt move from GF to leave those megas exclusive to ORAS and not release a patch for XY.
Yeah because giving away your content for free is a good idea. That's like complaining that Fallout 3 wasn't patched with Fallout New Vegas shit or Demon's Souls getting a Dark Souls update.

Literally no company has ever done that.
>>
>>32433846
This, stop criticising GameFreak you entitled cunts.
>>
>>32433825
It was hundreds of years in the past and the Johto settlers were established to be wanderers. Hell, even Alola has two towns built by Johto wanderers. I dont know how it happened anon, but I dont need to know every single aspect of it to think it was still interesting
>>
>>32433832
You make it sound like making HGSS look good while making FRLG and ORAS look bad is a good comparison.

A good comparison takes the good and the bad without a bias or any opinions unlike yours OP.
>>
>>32433854
>entitled anon is here
nice. People are entitled for wanting things you didnt, I remember. Because if anything deserves to be above critisism, it's video game companies
>>
>>32433862
That's only if you perceive it as bad. Seems like you dislike ORAS but didn't know it.
>>
>>32433772
>>32433862
In your eyes, not making ORAS the best is making it look bad. None of the games explicitly look bad here. Outside the final quotes I guess. But it's in line with ORAS' priority being convenience for they player.

You really just want a chart that's sucking off the hoenn games
>>
>>32433846
I'm not saying to give the stones for free. I just meant adding the data for the megas, the new moves, the new ablities and the stones to those games.

Also, I don't give a fuck if no company does that. Maybe they should.
>>
>>32433855
>and the Johto settlers were established to be wanderers.
You realise that wasn't established until SM right and even then they're two different timelines. Not to mention that still doesn't explain why the tower was made or how the Orbs made it to Johto.
>>
>>32433854
(You)
>>
>>32433887
>it wasnt established until SM
>Sinjoh is a place bult when Johto nomads came across Sinnoh nomads

>different timelines
Let's not start this now.
>>
>>32433879
>I just meant adding the data for the megas, the new moves, the new ablities and the stones to those games.
That's the same thing you retard. You think people can't inject the megas or even the stones?

>Maybe they should.
No, no they shouldn't.
>>
>>32433878
I like how you're only focusing on ORAS here when you've made the exact same mistake for FRLG.
At this point you might as well admit you have HGSS bias.
>>
>>32433900
>It's the same thing.
No, it's not you fucking moron.
You would still have to get the stones in ORAS. Adding data and giving the actual item are two different things. Get a brain.
>>
>>32433878
>But it's in line with ORAS' priority being convenience for they player.
And yet there's nothing about how HGSS goes out of its way to inconvenience the player. Or FRLG's new minigames like the two island game corner or berry crushing.

You give zero shits about fair representation which is why you kept the format of the first list that's specifically made to hype up HGSS and nothing else.
>>
>>32433933
Can you even read?
>You think people can't inject the megas or even the stones?

I don't think you know what it means to make a patch for it. On top of the models, animations, moves etc. they would have to add the items you dumbass.
So what makes you think they wouldn't get hacked in? Keep in mind by that point we already had easy methods to hack the game.
>>
>>32433922
Everyone is the thread is focusing on it because they don't care about any of this, just making ORAS look the best. FRLG is definitely more flawed than HGSS and ORAS and even then I mentioned positives like an expansive post game story and wireless mini games
>>
>>32433900
Also,
>injecting
"Yeah, let's not make a patch for XY to have the data of the new megas so that people can't inject them"
By that logic, let's not add any mon to the games cause people are just going to inject them. *genius*
>>
>>32433958
this: >>32433966
>>
>>32433939
Just about every HGSS point ends with mentioning its tedious or inconvenient. At this point you're not even reading the image
>>
>>32433958
It's perfectly doable, they were just lazy. Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>32433983
>It's perfectly doable
Of course it is you dumbass but they would have to put in everything to do with them including the items which means players can easily hack them in.

>>32433966
Yeah because there's totally been an instance of new Pokemon being added to an old game.
Do yourself a favor and think before you post, retard.
>>
>>32433977
>At this point you're not even reading the image
How can I read information that isn't there anon?
In any case post the template so a better one can be made anon.
>>
>>32434009
>safari zone is caled tedious
>legendaries are locked behind events
>trainer rematches are called tedious
>mentioned that things like moss rock and ice rock werent carried over to boost interaction with Platinum, which is a negative
Seriously, dont comment in my thread if you arent going to read it.
>>
>>32434001
>he thinks that since Megas are in-battle only, they don't count as new pokémon in the games' code.
(You)

>asks me if I can even read
I meant adding pokémon in general, not mid-gen, moron.
>>
>>32431147
Good comparison but to be fair you probably should've mentionned how ORAS added 19 new mega evolutions.
>>
>>32434057
Yeah, someone mentioned it. I'll add it to a revision.
>>
>>32434001
>players can easily hack them
Again? So what, faggot? People are always gonna hack the games, no matter what. Do you seriously believe they won't make a patch for a game due to fear of hackers? The only way for them not have their games hacked is if they don't make any games at all, dumbfuck.
>>
>>32434061
>someone
More like half the thread and you've had a while to do so.
What's the hold up?
>>
>>32434080
So to sum up your post you want them to give you the content for free.
>>
>>32434089
Do I need to post it right now? For what purpose? The next time I post it, if I need to, it will be fixed.

And it was certainly about one or two people.

>>32434001
>>32434095
I dont care about this whole argument but your point seems to be really flimsy, hackers is always a stupid reason to screw over paying customers.
>>
>People could have suggested new categories to better represent the generations
>We could have even contended with some of the facts in actually constructive ways
Good job to the five anons who actually seem to want to improve the graphic

It's such a shame that most of the thread is shitposting about HGSS v ORAS and that one guy complaining about FRLG.

I like your chart OP, and I agree with it. I think there have been some good points in this thread, and you should give them all some consideration for the chart. Except Voltorb Flip anon. That guy is a fuckwit.
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 707x536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 707x536px
>>32431147
>minesweeper
>unique
>>
>>32434080
>patch XY with megas
>players hack the game
>one of the selling points for oras is lost
>fail to make money on new game
>old game can be bought used easily

>don't patch xy
>players have to buy the newest game regardless of if they want to hack it

Sometimes I wonder why people like you even bother posting. It's like you have no common sense at all.
>>
>>32434118
The five constructive anons all left after 10 replies and just left the thread with people bitching about HGSS and not knowing what a tripfag is.

I'll probably post an updated version in a new thread soon, and we can start the argument over since HGSS isnt being made to look like the worst thing in the world
>>
>>32434118
>that one guy complaining about FRLG.

only one?

I hate not being able to use Crobat and Kigndra without a convoluted quest post game.
>>
>>32434118
>People could have suggested new categories to better represent the generations
That's the thing, people have been suggesting new categories and points but OP shot them down earlier with the justification that they weren't meant to show everything.
Even if that includes important aspects and features.
>>
>>32431473
That's the point. There is nothing to compare to because ORAS came with no physical accessory (nothing), which is an obvious point to its detriment.
>>
>>32434151
There's one or two posts complaining that some of FRLG's features aren't highlighted enough in the OP

>>32434152
Yeah, there are some good points that OP is just blowing back, but there's so much shit to wade through in this thread, I don't fully blame him

>>32434125
Shit, now there's two of them
>>
>>32431440
>Would you say the Pokewalker was a part of HGSS's experience or not
I'd say that it was more of a trinket than anything important. It didn't really give the player any benefits and leveled up the mon once per trip.
The only thing it did really was jack up the price of the game.
>>
>>32434192
>but there's so much shit to wade through in this thread
You say that but nearly every piece of criticism has gone to his posts. If he wanted less shit he shouldn't have thrown a strop like a mini Dobson
>>
>>32434152
What can Soaring or Secret Bases be compared to? What would be the purpose of adding them to the chart other than just giving stuff to ORAS? Legitimate question. Because Soaring is cool, but it has no purpose here. Not every feature of any of the games is shown here.

The only constructive point made was the Megas, and when I agreed I missed it out the guy still bitched at me. You'll have to excuse me if I'm being snarky to retards like that
>>
Good and well-balanced image OP.

Ignore the salty hoennbabbies, they destroyed this board so it's no surprised they're here shitting things up.
>>
>>32434231
>What would be the purpose of adding them to the chart other than just giving stuff to ORAS?
And he says he's unbiased.
>>
File: image.jpg (470KB, 684x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
470KB, 684x792px
>32 IPs
>>
>>32434263
Nobody has answered the question, and you still havent. Hell, when I first made the point, everyone moved on since even they had no answer.

This isnt a list of good things for each game but specifically ORAS. Make that list if you'd like. Especially since I mention that things are left out for all games but you only care about ORAS, but you're pretending to just want the "bias" removed

>>32434276
>image.jpg
you're one to talk
>>
>>32434111
This. And following that thought:

>>32434134
I don't hack my games so why the fuck should I care if other people would just hack the game or not. I should not get screwed over because of that. And...

>>32434095
No, I'd still buy ORAS. What I wanted was to simply be able to use the new Megas both in ORAS and XY. It is really that hard to understand, you dumbfucks?
>>
File: image.png (682KB, 1233x977px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
682KB, 1233x977px
>>32434283
Doesn't change the fact that half this thread is you and two Hoenniggers shitflinging about "muh only applies to ORAS/still biased towards HGSS!"
>>
>>32434231
Okay so instead of making a fair comparison and listing towards all of the games for their major content you've specifically listed elements that HGSS excels in. Well, elements you think it excels needless to say you've added a little bit of exaggeration for them

Also you do realise you could put bases, two island's, Pokeathlon game corner etc into the category "content included". After all you can make a comparison with FRLG, HGSS and ORAS as they're all additional content.
Using your reasoning you shouldn't have even added Crystal elements because there's nothing that directly compares to them in either FRLG or ORAS.

Also "no new locations" for ORAS. You realise that Mirage islands, albeit small, are in fact new locations not present in the original game right? Not to mention revamped areas like Mauville.

Oh yeah, if you only wanted direct comparisons why did you add the part about legendaries being encountered during the story? You've even left that portion out of FRLG because there's nothing to compare it to in that game.
>>
>>32433335
>hey guys, look at me and my shit taste: the post
>>32433786
>Even when I agree with you you're mad
I am not mad at you. I just really despise the subliminal way in which you misrepresent ORAS in wosre ways than you do for the other remakes, It´s true. You simply don´t notice it because you are biased.

From your OP, itlooks like ORAS is the most convenient, and more barabones remake. And ORAS actually has more content than the previous remakes. But of course, when you mention the content that ORAS removed, but you omit the NEW CONTENT which ORAS added precisely to REPLACE the removed content.
>>
>>32434320
>I don't hack my games so why the fuck should I care if other people would just hack the game or not.
Yeah because it matters what you think over the people who make the game. Lets be honest as much as they say otherwise piracy and hacking is in fact a problem to both players and companies.

> I should not get screwed over because of that
How are you getting screwed over for not getting content that was never meant to be in XY?
That's like saying Xenoverse 2 should have been on PS360 and had it's content patched into 1.
If anything including that content in XY at a later date would only screw over the people who purchased ORAS because they could have just gotten it for free with XY.

>What I wanted was to simply be able to use the new Megas both in ORAS and XY.
Which is a completely unreasonable request for multiple reasons both on the side of the developers and the players for the reasons above.
>>
>>32434340
The Super Training minigames were not made to replace the Game Corner, it was just there because the PSS was brought over from XY.

>From your OP, itlooks like ORAS is the most convenient, and more barabones remake
Exactly. Now you're getting it.

It's strengths are the ease of access to everything to make a very good pure pokemon experience. At least in my opinion, if you disagree, sure, but that was the basis for me making this.

If you think ORAS has a different philosophy, make the case for it and show how several different parts of the game all point towards that. Same with FRLG, the games did not want to change the original experience, which is why most of the new things are separated, and HGSS prioritised immersion over convenience.

>>32434354
Actually I left it out because I forgot to put that part in accidentally.

>Also you do realise you could put bases, two island's, Pokeathlon game corner etc into the category "content included"
And if you mentioned this a hundred replies ago, I'd have agreed. I didnt even notice I left the Pokeathelon out., because I had nothing to compare it to. But yeah I'm biased.

What Crystal elements did I include? I dont get this point.

I personally didnt consider Mirage Islands significant. They're like Hidden Grottos, small places that only exist to give you an item or pokemon, I dont really consider those to be new locations in New Unova over old Unova, and it's the same here. Still, I probably should include it still next time

It's getting a bit hard to respond to so many points in multiple posts at once. I think I'm gonna sign off soon.
>>
>>32434332
I have no comeback to this because you are right
>>
>>32434370
>>32434340
Double post aside

>I just really despise the subliminal way in which you misrepresent ORAS in wosre ways than you do for the other remakes
That's the worst thing about OP's comparison. You try to point out the parts that are flawed about it but because it's concentrated in the representation of ORAS it gets brushed off by him as a means to make ORAS look better.
>>
>>32434431
>They're like Hidden Grottos
I'd compare them more to the routes in HGSS if anything seeing as they're only there for two purposes in both games.
For HGSS it's for the weather trio and as a lead up to the Safari Zone.
In ORAS it's for the remaining legendaries not found on the map and several Pokemon.
You should also add how some areas were expanded like the scorched slab which became a four floor dungeon.
>>
>>32434431
>What Crystal elements did I include?
>included elements from the third game
Seriously?
>>
>>32434408
Well then, let's say you would have to pay for the patch. Is it more reasonable now?
>>
>>32434442
I agree with what >>32433871 said. All the games have undeniable flaws and positives, but for some reason you think the ones in ORAS make it look bad compared to the other two. None of the games are explicitly made to look bad objectively.

>>32434468
I mean, every route exists to lead to somewhere. But between the random nature of them, not appearing on the map, and randomly generated items showing up in each, that's what makes me use that comparison. This is just my thoughts on them, I know other may disagree

>>32434502
How is mentioning which version they took content from not significant for all three? They are all remakes of games that have had multiple versions. That's much easier to compare.

All I can think of to compare Soaring to is maybe Walking Pokemon? I really dont know
>>
>>32434545
>but for some reason you think the ones in ORAS make it look bad
That's because you're purposely omitting things from it to make it look bad. I don't know if you're aware of it or if you're doing it subconsciously or not but you're glossing over the changed the game made for the better and are picking words that portray the game in a negative light.
>>
>>32434575
At this point we're just repeating the same comments to each other over and over.
>>
>>32434431
>The Super Training minigames were not made to replace the Game Corner, it was just there because the PSS was brought over from XY.
No. The PSS was ported from XY to ORAS, but that wasn´t a reason to copy paste the Amie minigames and Super training minigames to ORAS as well.

By copy- pasting those 2 features, they are effectively REPLACING the 2 removed Game Corner (shitty) minigames with FIVE new minigamez.

So in the end, ORAS ends up having more minigames (aka content) than it did in the originals, but this cold hard FACT is nor reflected in your shitty list. That´s just one example, but you do it in most of your points, not just about the minigames...

>Exactly. Now you're getting it.
But this is not true. That´s why you are misrepresenting ORAS and I called you out for it.

>It's strengths are the ease of access to everything to make a very good pure pokemon experience
That´s a big advantage it has over the previous 2 remakes, yeah, but to counter that pro of ORAS, you make it look as if the other 2 remakes have more content. Which is not true.>>32434431
>At least in my opinion, if you disagree, sure, but that was the basis for me making this.

It is not an opinion based thing. It is a FACT that ORAS doesn´t have less content than the other 2 remakes, but just as much, if not MORE THAN THEM.

To complete your subliminal lies, you post a quote of Masuda, instead of Ohmori, who is the DIRECTOR of ORAS. The DIRECTOR of ORAS, Ohmori, has said that he created a DEEP GAME, that is meant to be played vor a very long time. You are purposely misrepresenting ORAS just to prove a FALSE conclusion.

>>32434431

You are biased, but you don´t realize it. Everybody here sees it, except you...
>>
>>32434545
>but for some reason you think the ones in ORAS make it look bad compared to the other two

>undermining the connections to other games and regions in the game as well as the emphasis on characters
>implying DE was all about Zinnia and including nothing about going into depth about the mechanics of the weapon, origins of megastones, infinity energy and everything about Devon.
>stating that contests were made easier when they played the exact same way as before
>nothing about secret bases
And don't pull this bullshit about "no comparisons!" because you know all too well that you can compare it to the trainer house in HGSS.
>purposely using the words "thrown away"
You even still have that edited quote there. FYI the original has nothing to do with the battle frontier
"We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome."

Don't even get me started on the other two especially where you put FRLG blocking off evolutions until the post game but nothing about needing to trade for Glaceon, Leafeon, Probopass and Magnezone for HGSS.
>>
>>32434606
If by everyone you mean a few people, sure. You can call me biased without making a made up group of people that agree with you. The rest is a lot of all caps posts that seem kind of too angry for me. Like, calm down buddy. It's getting a bit cringey. Here are some highlights:

The Amie and ST minigames exist, but did not specifically replace anything. You want me to crowbar these minigames into being related to the Game Corner to bump up the ORAS list. This is bias.

>That´s a big advantage it has over the previous 2 remakes, yeah, but to counter that pro of ORAS, you make it look as if the other 2 remakes have more content.
No? I just point out things they did good compared to ORAS, just like how I mentioned what ORAS does good compared to the others. But of course, this isnt enough. I mean, I do think HGSS has more content, but I didnt imply that. In fact, I mention it has the most legendaries and they are the easiest to catch, and didnt mention how HGSS has a second region with 8 more badges, or the pokeathlon.

>But this is not true
This is my opinion of ORAS and I even say you are free to interpret it differently. Im beginning to think you're just angry I didnt like the game as much as you did. You want me to say it's best game here and does everything the best, when, and Im saying this for the 50,00th time, this isnt about making any one game look good or bad.

>>32434670
>Don't even get me started on the other two especially where you put FRLG blocking off evolutions until the post game but nothing about needing to trade for Glaceon, Leafeon, Probopass and Magnezone for HGSS.
I mention that only the location based evolutions were added but in ORAS, all evos were added.

I didnt go in depth in ANY of the postgames, but you only care about it in ORAS' case

The bottom two quotes I just got from the other image
>>
>>32434606
>>32434670

I mean, sure. I'm getting tired here so I'll say I'm biased and you two win so I can move on from this thread now. You are both free to talk about how I gave up or ran off once I got BTFO or called out or finally addmitted my delusions or all that jazz. Once I saw my comment was actually too long to fit in one post I figured it was time to stop.
>>
>>32434670
Actually, one last small thing, how on earth is the Trainer House comparable to Secret Bases? If anything, it's comparable to the Inverse Battle Spot. Maybe. I mean I probably wont respond to any reply but I just had to say that. Okay, now I'm gone
>>
>>32434709
>You want me to crowbar these minigames into being related to the Game Corner to bump up the ORAS list. This is bias.
I don't think you understand what a bias is.
Here's a tip, it's not accurately representing the games or making a fair comparison.

A bias is representing something in a way that isn't entirely fair which is precisely what you've been doing. You've only been comparing things that you think HGSS is better in rather than their own merits.

>This is my opinion of ORAS
Which is the problem here. Your image is nothing but your opinions rather than an unbiased view.
If you can't make a comparison properly then let someone else do it.
>>
>>32434779
Trainer House and Secret Bases both allow you to battle NPC's of IRL people that you connect with, duh
>>
>>32434779
>Trainer house
>stores a team of three Pokemon from trainers you communicate with using the Pokewalker
>Secret Bases
>stores a team of three pokemon from trainers you communicate with over wifi or local

You don't know much about the games do you.
>>
ITT: Hoennbabbies getting butthurt when an unbiased imaged isn't skewed towards their shitty game
>>
>>32434798
There's literally a fake quote in there.
And I'm pretty sure you're just OP.
>>
>>32431147
ORAS has the best characters in Pokemon desu, it's part of the reason I enjoyed AS but most people don't play Pokemon for the characters so no one else really cares.
>>
>>32434809
Nice tinfoil hat you're wearing.

Which is the fake quote?
>>
>>32434809
>anyone who disagrees with me is OP

>>32434783
Any chart like this will just be opinions
It is impossible to make an entirely objective comparison. You just want it to be your opinions
>>
>>32434820
You put the dex nav twice.
>>
>>32434817
>best characters
Like fucking who?
>>
>>32434820
Your post is purposely ignoring a shitload of stuff for HG/SS.

For example, you count "Wally rematch" for OR/AS, but don't include the Silver rematch, nor the Silver vs Clair/Lance rematch in HG/SS.

OR/AS having a lack of content, and HG/SS having tons, is common fucking knowledge, why even lie and try to skew things to look otherwise?

If you was smart, you could maybe try to string some bullshit arguments about how OR/AS's lesser content is higher quality.

Nobody is going to believe you when you try to unironically convince people that OR/AS has more content, when OR/AS's lack of content was one of the main complaints even the normies had.
>>
>>32434830
>It is impossible to make an entirely objective comparison
It's extremely easy to do so. That is if you actually bothered to play the games.
>>
>>32434854
OP did that just well, but people are still here autistically claiming that he is biased against OR/AS
>>
>>32434820
This doesnt even have something as obvious as the Bug Catching Contest, leaves out Double and Multi Battles for HGSS and put gym leader rematches and regular rematches as one point. But I'm sure I should trust this. Hell, it doesnt include Battling trainers in Kanto or facing the Kanto League. Or the Silver Rematch.

Actually this is just complete shit.
>>
>>32434862
>OP did that just well
I wouldn't say that ignoring the merits of two games while picking out areas HGSS is "better" in is unbiased anon.
After all that's the literal definition of bias.
>>
>>32434886
The image pointed out the merits of every game where applicable, even favoring OR/AS in some places.

Show me in OP's image, where he has been biased and lied with the information.
>>
>>32434886
There's plenty of merits for ORAS and FRLG in OP. Just not ones you like
>>
>>32434276
>only 2 new IPs since this post
This thread can be boiled down to one guy calling OP out for including things only HGSS has, a Hoennbaby that's trying to make HGSS seem like it has less content, OP trying to backpedal about not giving including things FRLG/ORAS only have, and one autist calling every single person who disagrees a Hoennbaby

t. FRLG fag
>>
File: 1486870974988.png (324KB, 1202x892px) Image search: [Google]
1486870974988.png
324KB, 1202x892px
>>32431147
Nice job OP
>>
Ok, here is the revised versio of my previous post, which Ii deleted, with, hopefully, all the content of both remakes (spiler: ORAS still has more, believe it or not)

HGSS:

Battle Tower (Single, Double, Multi lines)
Battle Factory
Battle Hall
Battle Castle
Battle Arcade
Trainer House
PokeGear Trainer rematches (42 regular rematches and16 Gym Leader remaches)
Pokemon League Rematches
Pokeathlon minigames
Voltorb minigame
Safari Zone
Red rematch
Silver rematch
Silver tag team battle vs Clair and Lance

ORAS:

Battle Maison (Single, Double, Multi lines)
Triple Battles line
Rotation Battles line
Inverse Battles
Battle Institute Battle Test
Mauville Food Court
Trainer Eye rematches
Pokemon League Rematches
Wally Rematch
Battle Resort Type Specialists rematches
DexNav chaining/ reaching Platinum rank
Super Secret Bases customization/ daily battles/ flag collecting
Contest Spectaculars
Pokemon Amie feeding/ petting/ playing faces/ + 3 minigames
Super Taining minigames
Soaring + Mirage Spots
Delta Episode
25 new Pokemon formes, and new moves and abilities too (HGSS added zero new Poekmon formes, moves and abilities)

BTFO anti ORAS fags
>>
File: gamecorner.png (9KB, 257x384px) Image search: [Google]
gamecorner.png
9KB, 257x384px
>>32431147
Just a nitpick, but Game Corner wasn't replaced with Voltorb Flip in the Japanese version of HGSS

https://youtu.be/9JmbfiWzhhs

In fact they actually made it better.
>>
>>32434897
>The image pointed out the merits of every game where applicable
>where applicable
So it's not an unbiased image is it.
An unbiased image wouldn't need the "where applicable" addition as it would be an accurate representation of what's in each game without any opinions.
And as it's been mentioned already
>no base/trainer house comparison
>no mention of expanded areas in ORAS
>stating contests have been made easier despite the mechanics of the minigame being the same as before
And no, sheen doesn't affect the ease of the contests because it was entirely possible to max out contest stats before entering a single contest in the original games as well. All it did was let you get more ribbons on a single Pokemon.
>ignoring the length of trick room puzzles being extended
>"multiple" legendaries given to you for free when it's only one legendary
>no breeding loop, PSS+O-powers, flying to routes etc added for convenience
>no mention of HG/SS forgetting to add the location based evos in game while mentioning the cross gens only being available in the post game in FRLG.
And that's to name a few problems with this list.

>>32434905
See above.
It's not about what I like or dislike. It's about accurately portraying the games in what they offer.
>>
>>32434988
Combine Triple battles and rotations with the maison.
Count all of the rematches in ORAS featured through the Pokenav.
Add the legendaries and the number of them for each game.
>>
>>32434988
>>32434867
Still shit and still missing obvious things

>>32435003
but it mentions that HGSS added only the move based evos while ORAS added all of them. The rest looks pretty minor
>>
>>32435043
>but it mentions that HGSS added only the move based evos
No it doesn't?

>The rest looks pretty minor
Is that really how you're treating this? Everything listed there are things that should be on OP's list for the sake of a (more) accurate portrayal of the games.
>>
>>32433551
You can't gamble away your life savings while playing pokemon anon
>>
>>32435112
>new non location evos added to the pokedex

vs

>all new evos added to the pokedex, AND the national dex added before the game ends

It's like one of the first things in his image
>>
>>32435139
>>new non location evos added to the pokedex
Neither refers to the move nor the location based evos.
What are you talking about?
>>
File: IMG_4737.png (504KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4737.png
504KB, 650x482px
>>32431719
>Fix your shit and lose the favoritism
Butt hurt Hoennfags, everyone.
>>
>>32435139
>>new non location evos added to the pokedex
The fuck is this even supposed to mean?
Did you typo it expecting people to understand what you meant?
>>
>>32435130
and you're mentally handicapped if you think you have a point
re-read what i posted and think on it
someday you may understand
>>
>>32435150
>>32435207
ORAS added all the evos when HGSS didn't? How is that not easy to understand? OP should have been more specific but its still easy to see
>>
>>32435152
Sinnohfoeti with no argument, everyone.
>>
>>32435232
I don't know if you're trying to shitpost or if english isn't your first language but we're talking about HGSS' portion here and it doesn't say what you think it does.
>>
>>32434820
>>32434988

Given the specificity of your list I don't think it's really appropriate to put Pokegear trainer rematches with Gym Leader Rematches. If you do, at least put Trainer Eye rematches with Battle Resort type specialists.
Additionally, the list should include finding the Gym leaders to get their numbers as a seperate item, as well as finding the family of days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, etc.). It's at the very least equivalent to Soaring/Mirage hunting, as both change daily.

And calling Triple/Rotation/Inverse battles their own slots is really stretching it. It encourages argument on size comparison between the two lists, which leads to opinions, etc. Kepping them seperate is both more accurate and presents a harder target for HGSS defenders.

Adding all of that extra stuff at the end of Pokemon Amie also shows bias. If you really want to keep it, you should at least but (10 Minigames) next to Pokeathlon

Comparing them with those in mind, the list is about even (I count 16 HGSS, 15 ORAS). All that is without going into how much time you can actually spend doing these things.

>>32435229
>No, because it is 2 new battle styles not in HGSS
The only way you could say that these battle styles are content is if you're playing with someone else. Counting one battle each day as a separate item on your list three times shows how biased you are, as does adding all of the new formes moves and abilities. You can't spend any time playing them.
If you had any brains at all you would have put in the sunken ship and collecting the mega stones.
>>
>>32435229
>No, because it is 2 new battle styles not present in HGSS.
Look dude, either you separate all of the formats in the same way you separated the facilities, because lets be honest it treats the formats in such a way, for the Battle Fontier or you lump them together.
Can't have it both ways son.
>>
>>32435275
Sinnoh wasn't mentioned, faggot. Nice deflection though. Maybe next time you can actually respond without deflecting or moving goalposts. Probably not though.
>>
>>32435292
No matter how you count it and disguise it, the bottom line is that HGSS does not have more content than ORAS. They both got the same amount of content (in the best case scenario fro HGSS, because ORAS probably has a little more).
>>
>>32435485
You really cant misrepresent the content for HGSS and ORAS like 3 times and then turn around and make a post like this lol
>>
>>32433542
no reward for trying, better luck next time ORASfag
>>
>literally nobody but me remembers leaf collecting in HG/SS
>>
>>32433542
>Prove me wrong
Sure, but back your claim with an example first.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.