[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Sun/Moon worth watching if you've never seen any previous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: AnimationRatingsJapan.png (300KB, 804x1225px) Image search: [Google]
AnimationRatingsJapan.png
300KB, 804x1225px
Is Sun/Moon worth watching if you've never seen any previous season of the cartoon series?
>>
>>32430906
>Watching the trashnime
Haha faggot
>>
File: 1476350462976.png (118KB, 526x326px) Image search: [Google]
1476350462976.png
118KB, 526x326px
I wanna say yes.

I've watched the original series as a kid, but dropped it early into Jhoto Journeys. Tried to reinvest myself in the Advanced series, but dropped that shortly in out of disdain as well.

Since then, I wasn't interested in the anime until Sun and Moon's art style shift. It was charming enough to rake me in. As someone who missed most of the anime, I think we're in similar boats.

It's good clean fun. I'm enjoying it a lot more than what I've watched previously.

Also, subs.
>>
>>32430906
I'd argue it's better that way. Going from XY to SM it's a huge shift in tone.
>>
doesn't matter. Ash's character development gets reset each region and they barely references the previous ones.
>>
>>32430906
No. Its bad and always has been bad. That's not just typical 4chan hyberbolic cynical exaggeration either, its literally a show made for 9 year olds. Not the sort of way where the games are made for a young audience, but can still be enjoyed by adults like Mario or Zelda.. like, it's a show made for 9 year olds.

If you enjoy watching the same cookie cutter shell of an anime, with the name of a town, name of a "this weeks special character", and new pokemon for Ash and friends to play with, then yes. Otherwise, it is a show with absolute no characterization or plot development. It's a marketing tool and nothing more.
>>
>>32430906

Nope. I wanted to like it. I really did. I wanted the change in animation style to mean a change in actual writing.

But in the first episode when they had 5 background characters standing around doing nothing while Ash explained who Team Rocket was/did their usual shenanigans, I knew then it was not changing at all.

If you like gag anime then you might like it but it's just characters making funny faces The Anime. I actually hate it more than the previous seasons.
>>
>>32430989
>Otherwise, it is a show with absolute no characterization or plot development. It's a marketing tool and nothing more.
No shit.

>>32430991
>I wanted the change in animation style to mean a change in actual writing.
Did you say that to previous seasons as well?
>>
>>32430989
>It's a marketing tool and nothing more.

How unlike every other kids' anime.
>>
>>32431042
>>32431083

>Well its supposed to be bad! Therefore its good!

No, fuck off. The anime is trash.
>>
>>32431118
>go into gay bar
>be surprised guys are grinding their crotches up to you
>>
>>32431083
This can be said for many shows, East and West. Especially in the 80s and 90s with all the toyline advertising ones.

I still like them if theyre good enough though. I just dont tend to buy the toys or merch.
>>
>>32431148
Who said I was surprised? OP asked if it was good. I told him it was shit. No ones surprised.

By your logic, just because you expect the gay bar to be gay, it somehow makes it not gay. No. If you expect to eat a pile of shit, and it still is shit, the expectation of it being shit doesnt make it somehow not shit.
>>
>>32431118
Dude, my point is that you are saying that every time they change art style or animation, you expect the writing to be better. Pokemon has always been continuing on the premise of Ash going around collecting badges and losing leagues until the end.
>>
>>32431184
Youre responding to the wrong person. I'm the one who is just saying it was shit and always has been.
>>
>>32430906
It will be a terrible season to watch, start with OS or DP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.