[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fairy Types

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-251Celebi.png (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-251Celebi.png
45KB, 250x250px
Just saw another thread about it, but now that I think of it, there's a certain set of legendaries that should be fairies.
Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy (and its useless child), shaymin, victini, and the lake trio.
>>
Lake trio are LITERALLY named after fairies yet they weren't made fairy types.

I think GF just has some bizarre philosophy about not wanting to retype legendaries.
>>
>>32429402
>GF just has some bizarre philosophy about not wanting to retype legendaries.

/thread
>>
>>32429402
It just seems so lazy and weird. Fairy type brought a lot of complications desu
>>
For Celebi and Jirachi there's also the fact that they're already dual-typed and not Normal.
>>
>>32429513

That didn't stop the Togepi line from having their Normal type completely replaced with Fairy
>>
>>32429513
I don't see what you mean. Just sub out psychic for fairy. There's no reason for them to have the psychic type
>>
>>32429387
Celebi is one of the worst offenders to the "is grass type because its green" philosophy. Being a time traveling fairy, it has more reasons to be a psychic/fairy than anything. Even bug/psychic or bug/fairy make more sense than grass.

Any of the pixie legendaries except for mew and jirachi would work as a fairy type. Fire/fairy victini would be really cool.

But this >>32429473 is how GF feels about changing legendaries' types so it doesn't matter
>>
>>32429551
Why not Jirachi? Its literally a wish granting fairy.
>>
>>32429551
>he has never seen pokemon 4 ever
>>
>>32429551
It's a guardian of the Ilex Forest. Many dex entries refer to it making the plants and trees around flourish
>>
Victini has always been in a weird spot. I've always thought it should be Electric instead of Psychic considering all the Electric moves it can learn on top of the small mammal Electric type cliche, but now Fairy would somewhat fit the bill as well. Just an awkward design to have to limit to 2 types. The only Psychic-ish thing about it is the eyes in my own opinion.

Manaphy and Phione are fair game though, as well as the Lake Trio, seeing as none of them have secondary type anyway. It makes me a little mad that they haven't already done this.

Celebi absolutely should be Grass/Fairy though. I'm on the fence about Jirachi.
>>
>>32429593
I have my doubts about losing its stab on doom desire. Unless you retype doom desire to fairy type (would see some use then), or you take out the psychic typing.

>>32429622
I admit I have never seen it whole, but I guess celebi acts all plant-ish in that movie

>>32429651
Being a guard of a forest/natural land or having a close relation to plants and nature are things that the tapus, florges, comfey and xerneas do without having a grass type put on them.

I just really have the feel that if celebi were announced nowadays everybody would expect some kind of grass/fairy, for it to be actually a psychic/fairy, and it'd be a whole solgaleo's-not-a-fire-type situation all over again.
>>
>>32429672
Kinda makes me wish triple types were a canon thing so that we'd see more unique stuff, but then I immediately regret the idea after thinking how cancerous some mons would get with 3 types.
>>
File: Wish.png (13KB, 1063x134px) Image search: [Google]
Wish.png
13KB, 1063x134px
>>32429402
>Manaphy (and its useless child)
>shaymin
Nah. Fairy would be pushing it. Designs are bland enough to stay monotype
>Jirachi
Psychic is connected with space, so swapping Fairy would make no sense.
>the lake trio
>Celebi
>Victini
I guess since Psychic was the to-go type for creatures with supernatural powers(mostly legendaries), it would make sense for embodiments of the mind, an onion that can time travel, and a living nuke that can ensure victory to be Psychic type despite their fairy-like appearance.

>>32429529
>having their Normal type completely replaced with Fairy
Have you forgotten that being Normal is the equivalent of lacking an elemental trait? Its makes complete sense that they were the only dual types to get their types replaced.

>>32429593
Pretty sure the "wish" aspect comes from "wishing upon a shooting star". You know, the stuff you see from outer space?
>>
>>32429773
Whoops, first reply was for the OP >>32429387
>>
All of the Mew-type legendaries should have their psychic type replaced with Fairy, except for Mew, who should be Psychic/Fairy.
>>
>>32429773
Why is psychic connected with space? There's no reason other than they didn't have anything else. So I still don't see why jirachi couldn't be a fairy
>>
>>32429551
Celebi is Grass type because it's a fucking onion!
>>
>>32429824
It kinda looks like a bug to me, with the antenna and the wings, but I also like to think about it as an onion.

I like grass/psychic celebi because it is a rare typing, but I still think it has no real reason to be grass other than being green and having a strong bond with nature.
>>
So while it's a little fresh, is Victini worth using without V-Create? Do you think we'll ever get another chance to get V-Create without injecting?
>>
>>32429864
You could go with searing shot and psychic maybe.
>>
>>32429821
magical space power is the basis of astrology which is psychic bullshit
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.