[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to pokemon sage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon-Sage5.png (472KB, 997x920px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Sage5.png
472KB, 997x920px
Did it get discontinued or something?
>>
dunno but that game is awesome
>>
>>32427556
I know that it was being made by 4chan but that's it
>>
>>32427552
Is in development, they just stopped posting demos because of the fear of what happened to Uranium - devs just try to control the hype. Creator was here a few days ago
>>
>>32427583
That's retarded, if they're afraid of big n C&Ding their shit, they simply have to not include the word "pokémon" in the game, dunno, call it sagemon of whatever, who gives a fuck.
Yes, it's THAT simple, since the game shouldn't have other elements from the actual pokémon series (maybe barring pokéballs, but again, you can do a workaround).
>>
>>32427583
Oh then I have no problem waiting, excited to see the end result!
>>
There's usually a Sage Sunday on you know, sundays.

Wait until then.
>>
I'm not convinced that it ever existed. I think it's all an elaborate troll.
>>
>>32427600
I think that's not the problems. Uranium got millions of downloads, maybe Nintendo was afraid of it detracting people from SM hype
Also, in Prism's case many speculate that this could be / was a working title or a future title for some Nintendo's pokemon project
Afterall, not every pokemon game gets a copyright strike from Nintendo
>>
>>32427753
Only ones big enough to get to ninty's ears get a strike, but they absolutely cannot attack a game if it doesn't feature Nintendo/Game Freak/Pokémon Company IPs.
I mean, you could do a game about "gokémon", in the region of Nanto, and catching creatures with gokéballs, it'd be an horrendous plagiarism but impossible to attack legally, provided you do not try to make money with it. (because it'd still be plagiarism)
>>
>>32427779

Depends how close you get. Just because you don't use the actual trademark, but instead a close copy, doesn't necessarily protect you. For example, if you use the Pokémon logo and font but replace the P with a G, that's not legally enough to completely protect you.
>>
>>32427799
That's only because the font itself is copyrighted, but yeah, my point is that by being clever enough your game may be unstrikable.
Would it still be considered a fangame of pokémon is another question.
>>
>>32427820

The logo is also a trademark. It's not just copyright that's the issue. If your logo can be confused with the actual one (e.g. by changing one letter), you're at risk.

Source: am a lawyer.
>>
>>32427852
>Source: am a lawyer.
Well, shit, can't compete.
But then how can bootlegs even exist ? Is that because they're too many ?
>>
>>32428025

Pretty much. It's just not worth the effort to go after everything. Companies will focus their efforts on cases that are easier to do something about and hurt them more. An organized, multi-person, widely distributed fangame based in Europe or the U.S. is a good target (easy to find the developers and people actually play it), while a shitty Chinese bootleg that very few people ever play is a much less tempting target.
>>
>>32428079
Well, thanks for the info, that was instructive.
>>
i still want to fuck the mothgirl
>>
>>32427852
a lawyer on vp, ya ok
>>
>>32429071
love of a hobby doesn't exclude anyone
>>
You're never going to be get past the first gym, project is dead in the water. You know what great game you CAN actually play though more than one area?

>>32428336
>>
>>32427852
>>32429196
This is just sad
>>
>>32429256
too bad the pokemon are shit
>>
>>32429256
C'mon bro, Clover is fun and all but is not a project of love with the amount of effort and labour put in like Sage, it's like comparing a Crispy McBacon with a full course 5-star restaurant meal.
>>
>>32427753
>in Prism's case many speculate that this could be / was a working title or a future title for some Nintendo's pokemon project

They would have trademarked the name like they always do
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.