[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pokemon sun and moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: facebook-share-image-usa.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
can we have a thread where we just rate Sun and Moon out of 10 and then give our overall opinions on it?

Personally I thought it was underwhelming. I didn't care about anything that was going on, I didn't feel any desire to explore, I didn't care about any of the characters, I didn't feel like I had any reason to do any of the things I was doing. I thought the game was pretty but I kept playing hoping it was get better but it never did. The later part of the game was much better, but I still didn't find it very amazing. The whole game looked really cool, and the trials were interesting but they felt hollow. Pretty on the outside, empty on the inside. Nothing had any sort of meaning and I found the experience very forgettable.
>>
>>32426124
>can we have a thread where we just rate Sun and Moon out of 10 and then give our overall opinions on it?

>Opens thread to give rating out of 10.
>Does not give rating out of 10.
>Autism detected.
>>
>>32426124
6/10 for me. i became frightened to enter new areas or explore because i was afraid it would trigger another unskippable 5 minute cutscene. i have zero desire to start a new game because i dont want to go through the hassle of the story again, which is the first time i havent started a new game in any generation.

no ingame national dex is ridiculous

having the ultra beasts and necrozma as grass encounters was an insult

sos system is downright awful. on the note of getting pokemon with good ivs, it is very difficult to breed for good pokemon to tackle the battle tree before you get the destiny knot, which you can only get through the battle tree.

shitty story aside, the game felt like a beta for the inevitable third version. however, i loved the gen 7 pokemon designs, the concept of trials and ultra beasts. good pokemon availability and ride pokemon was a good idea (although i despise the tauros ride theme) checking ivs in the pc is also fantastic. it also looks amazing, music is generally very pleasant
>>
File: IMG_9537.jpg (176KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9537.jpg
176KB, 770x562px
>>32426124
Pokemon Sun and Moon lived up to the hype for me. Although the first island was a slog to get through, the game improved for me a lot after it. It was the first Pokemon game I played were I actually cared about the characters, and the atmosphere made it feal like a real life world. The Lille shilling was obnoxious as hell though and is the one reason I prefer BW's story, however kicking lusamine's ass was satifiying so it wasn't so bad. The lack of cave dungeons and surpluses of linear routes should be fized for the next game, but I didn't really notice that problem while playing. The difficulty was perfect as I didn't use the exp share, but was undeeveled by poni island,which made the game actually challenging unlike XY and ORAS. The Pokemon designs were good, and the best they've been since gen 4 in my opinion, and I'm exited for more regional variants.

Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10

held back by its sub par level design, but it makes up for it with its atmosphere characters, and Pokemon designs.
>>
File: 1475829802085.jpg (474KB, 742x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475829802085.jpg
474KB, 742x1000px
>>32426148
I would rate it probably 5 or 6 out of 10.
>>
>>32426124
Worst mainline pokemon game. Still enjoyable.
>>
7.5/10 i really like the plot and the story of this game.
>>
>>32426213
Kill yourself
>>
Here's the thing. This game is really good with atmosphere. There is a lot of lore to this place that all connects and makes sense. It feels like an actual world. HOWEVER, in the end, they do nothing with it. It's like having a nice painting in a junk yard. The game is still the same as it's always been. You go on a pointless journey and end up wrapped up in drama that really has nothing to do with you, nor does it affect what you're doing. Not to mention that for being a journey of discovery, all I saw was some tropical islands, and all I got was this lousy Championship. And I wasn't even going for the Championship, you're forced into it. I still learned nothing, and I'm sure even without the Championship, all I would've gotten was a lousy stamp.

I was expecting to become immersed in what the meaning of the types are and what I got was a playground game with the symbol of the type in question written on it in crayon. The same empty junk we've always been through, only now it feels more empty because they forgo the act to do the emptiness verbatim at the end. WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT!?

I love that this world is more organic, but that means nothing if you're not going to do anything with it. Do you even know what substance is? I want a real adventure. I want to feel as if I really did something. I want to feel like I learned something. Apparently this is not the place for that, though I don't understand why they don't want it to be. Did they literally come up with the concept for this franchise as a whole while laughing their asses off? Well, I know what my answer is now. Not even children want to be patronized this much.

TAKE YOUR CHILDHOOD AND SHOVE IT, TAJIRI! YOU TOO, MASUDA!
>>
>>32426317
Oh...err....5/10, good ideas, bad execution.
>>
>>32426195
>>32426317
>atmosphere
what are you talking about?

the world looked pretty, yeah, but the atmosphere was shit despite that.
>>
>>32426446
Actually, I was kinda thinking I was maybe contradicting myself or thinking something was there that really isn't. It certainly pretends it's there, but nope, nothing. It's like Gary Oak. Yeah, I was mistaken.
>>
>boxart bait thread #98598
>DURRR ME HATE GAME
>>
>>32426124
9.5/10
Would be a 10/10 if the region was just a tiny bit more aesthetically pleasing. I liked the region in its layout and everything, just wish it looked a bit better.
>>
>>32426124
they're alright. I did get 80 hours out of it to complete the dex, but outside of global mission don't really play the game. Also replaying the game doesn't seem all that interesting to do due to the crazy amount of exposition and railroading and the distribution is pretty butt until you get to the third island.
>>
>>32426532
>it's another "if OP pic related is a game's boxart all arguments are invalid" episode
>>
>>32426124

Story was a good place to start and was generally alright, kinda heavy handed at times. Better than previous gen plots though.

Dex was 70% shit. Probably the most disappointing thing for me. Don't think Alolan forms added that much and the heavy gen 1 pandering hurt it overall.

Online features are garbage and I'm shocked GF let the game out the gate with it being so bad.

The 3D models should have been corrected and tweaked since they already mostly existed but they were not.

Overall I enjoyed the game but I'd have to play through it again to see how much enjoyment was just because it was new. I could see stuff getting repetitive.

7/10
>>
>>32426124
I don't have much to say, except for that SM was enjoyable for the most part. The regional variants is a neat idea, but I don't like how most of them have almost identical or barely changed BST compared to their OG counterparts.

For the most part, the introduction of the new Zygarde forms were great. Having to build Zygarde is amazing and such a cool concept and how to access the 10 & 50% forms is done perfectly, though the last form change is a shit attempt that get old fast. Collecting 100 cells only to not keep the last form is just sad. It’s just like the Z-moves, it gets old fast and is repetitive and I don’t hope this is the future of supposed 3rd version mascots.

Anyone know how the nipps reacted to SM and after all the hype?
>>
>>32426876
>Anyone know how the nipps reacted to SM and after all the hype?
Literally the same, except slightly different memes. Most loved it, there were faggots who hated it so much they made daily threads about it, though unlike here, they end up getting banned on most boards.
And there was a lot less complaining about the postgame, even from those who hated it.
>>
4/10 = Below Average
Very linear, little exploration, and too much dialogue in the beginning of the game. Z-Moves look neat but that's about it, and the Festival Plaza is garbage. The Music and characters are the only really good things in my opinion.
>>
>>32427141
Average compared to what though? Pokemon games, or all games?
>>
>>32427282
Life as we know it.
>>
>>32426190
>he didn't transfer his mons from gen 6
>>
>>32426190
You can also get BP from the battle royal much earlier in the game and much easier as well
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.