[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest /vp/, would you buy a Switch if the Pokemon mainline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

Be honest /vp/, would you buy a Switch if the Pokemon mainline games move there? If not why wouldn't you? Don't you want to pay every year so you can battle/trade and play Pokemon in HD? This is all you people have been asking for. Are you poor or something?
>>
Of course. And it will eventually, it's pretty obvious. Even Joe is pretty sure about that.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/857633059331506176

However, I think it's going to be a while before Pokemon makes the switch to Switch (pun definitely intended).

Oh and the 2DS XL is just the new GB micro.
>>
>>32423781
I think the only thing that will sell me the Switch is if the VC isn't shit-quality like the Wii U and Kirby Dream Collection were.
>>
I'm hoping there's a limited edition Pokemon Switch, though I'd still buy it even if there isn't.
>>
>>32423812
>Even Joe is pretty sure about that.
Why does everyone in /vp/ sucks his dick so much? Is he the Jesus of Pokemon or something?
>Oh and the 2DS XL is just the new GB micro.
Yeah i think the same
>>
>>32423781

Getting one for Splatoon 2 but a mainline pokemon game would be good enough for me to get one.
>>
>>32423859
He's the guy that runs Serebii. And /vp/ doesn't really suck his dick as much as they shit on him. Serebii's literally everyone's source when it comes to reliable information. Gotta give him that credit
>>
>>32423859
No, he is not. But you must admit he has been reporting on Pokemon for over a decade. He knows well how Pokemon and Nintendo works, so can make pretty accurate predictions.
>>
I would but they have to announce it soon. In Canada switch is 400 + tax and games cost 79.99 need to save up for holiday release
>>
>>32423781
The simple fact that i have to pay so i can play online killed the Switch for me. I don't have a lot of time to play videogames and i feel like it would be a waste of money to pay for it
>>
>>32423781
A mainline game is probably still far away and hopefully there will be less malfunctioning Switches soon. But I will buy it for sure when a main game comes out for it.
>>
File: 1471315512764.gif (3MB, 280x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471315512764.gif
3MB, 280x250px
>>32423812
>2DS XL
>mfw this is the first time I hear of this

I actually have a micro that I use and love. What killed the micro and the GBA as a whole was the success of the DS. I don't think the Switch has reached that level of success yet.
>>
no, i dont really play video games, since the last home council i bought, someone broke into my apt, and stole only my system and games... later, i literally only bought a 3ds for pokemon... and I buy the games for pokemon, and collectability. i also dont play the games competitively. most of my money goes on the TCG. Will not buy a switch for pokemon only, so i hope the main line doesnt go over to it.
>>
I was already planning on buying one for BOTW so why not?
>>
I have plenty of Pokémon games to play with emulators
>>
I'm buying one anyways and it'll obviously come, but no, I don't want it to, because besides the Switch being a shit piece of hardware with poor systems like paid online there isn't a single game series that wasn't shit prior that improved with the HD jump, and considering Game Freak already had the level of shellshock most devs had making the HD jump just going to PS2 level hardware the HD jump is going to take us to level of shit that shouldn't even be possible
>>
I was planning on getting it eventually anyway. But you know that gamefreak can set up their own private, free servers for Pokémon, right? There's nothing that says ALL games on the Switch that has online will make you pay for it. Just like when Sony switched to paid online, there are games that still don't require the paid subscription.

Also, I assert and stay by the fact that the only things I actually want in a new release for certain is more new Pokémon than we've been getting (doesn't have to be Unova-tier, but 110 - 130 would be excellent,) size-accurate battle models, and evolution mid-battle.
>>
>>32423946
The switch has already sold 2 million units in a month and could out sell the wii u by the end of the year.
>>
>>32424070
That sucks man. I still suggest you get the switch though, BoTW is a great game and there's more to come
>>
It depends what the next game is and if it seems good. SM was very disappointing and im not about to rush to buy next game only because some of the trailers look exciting

But either way i think next game will be still 3ds
>>
File: 787845873.jpg (15KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
787845873.jpg
15KB, 300x153px
>>32423781
>This is all you people have been asking for.
>Pokemon in HD
Of all the reason you could've picked you say graphics, come on now.
>>
>>32423859
I've met him quite a few times, and he does suck his own dick quite a lot too.
He says a lot of crap because he's so self-confident that everything he says is correct. I'm sure he's one of the most knowledgeable people about Pokémon in the world, but he tries to prove it way too often.
>>
>>32423781
I am concerned about how the battery life will affect Pokémon. Pokémon seems to be the sort of game you play for extended periods of time out of the house, even besides the people who go to tournaments.
>>
>>32423781
Probably, yeah, since it also has other games that interest me.

>Don't you want to pay every year so you can battle/trade and play Pokemon in HD?

I don't and I wouldn't. Paid online spells the death of competitive Pokemon to me unfortunately. I could've somewhat justify paying if I played online Pokemon every day but as it stands, I only do an occasional battle every couple of weeks and a trade/WT/Global Mission every 1-2 weeks. It's just not worth it.
>>
>>32425121
That depends on whether they use the low or high power setting.
Pretty much all Switch games so far last either 2.5-3.5 hours (e.g. BotW, MK8D) or 4.5-6 hours (most eShop games) with low brightness and wireless off for the upper range. Even then it having USB-C allows for it to use power banks to extend the battery life greatly.
>>
I already bought a Switch for Zelda, Mario and SMT so sure, why not?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>32423812
>Using Joe as a reliable source
Remember when he said these were fake?
>>
File: double disgust.png (39KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
double disgust.png
39KB, 235x235px
>>32425258
>mfw can't play SM without feeling I'm playing a romhack thanks to this fucking leak
>>
>>32423781
>GameFreak
>doing an HD pokemon game right
lol
>>
File: GINTOKIface.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
GINTOKIface.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
>>32423781
>Be honest /vp/, would you buy a Switch if the Pokemon mainline games move there?
Absolutely not
>If not why wouldn't you?
_________________I already have one.___________________
>>
>>32423781
switch is home console: the handheld not the handheld: the home console.
>>
File: 1492646401255.jpg (47KB, 363x331px) Image search: [Google]
1492646401255.jpg
47KB, 363x331px
>>32423781
Gen 8 is AT LEAST a good year away and that's if GF wants to have another short gen like they did with V. I keep hearing the Switch's sales are good but will it stay constant or will it drop drastically after the honeymoon phase ends? I hope that if it DOES become mainline that there's some stipulation that allows Game Freak to use their own servers rather than Nintendo's and keep the paid option reserved to transferring pokemon from 3DS to console with the Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter. That way it's optional rather than required. I would assume a mainline Pokemon game would be big enough to contain not only all 802 Pokemon, but also have a region big enough to have new Pokemon introduced as well. If that were the case than Gen 8 would take longer than a year to make and who knows how long the Switch will last.
>>
>>32425265
>he didn't feel in his bones they were real from day one
>>
>>32425302
I'm thinking they're going to do a Fire Emblem Warriors and make SM2 for both 3DS and Switch.
>>
File: 1491774809780.jpg (37KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
1491774809780.jpg
37KB, 600x407px
>>32423781
I won't buy a Switch until it gets rid of paid online. Long before the first Switch direct I said I would never buy a Switch if it had paid online, and my fears came true, so I'm done with Nintendo until they go back to free online (and if they never do then I just won't get any new Nintendo consoles).
I haven't enjoyed Gen 6 or 7 very much anyway, so it's not a big loss.
>>
File: 1493007270943.jpg (31KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1493007270943.jpg
31KB, 567x567px
>>32425319
Do ALL Switch games require paid online? I'd like to think Game Freak would fight to keep it free so they could keep it as accessible as possible (which is something Game Freak strives for). That might be something where Nintendo interferes because they know required paid online would do a killing for Pokemon games.
>>
>>32425332
>Do ALL Switch games require paid online?
Nintendo has been vague on purpose regarding it. Game Freak seem jewish enough to put a paywall behind online Pokémon content.
>>
>>32425332
Probably, but it hasn't been completley speciied as Nintendo isn't going to start charging until Fall. They haven't even decided on a price.
>>
>paid online
>gen 8 introduces a bunch of trade evolutions
Thanks, Masuda.
>>
>>32425343
>evolution items are now microtransactions
>>
File: smt v.png (330KB, 1262x712px) Image search: [Google]
smt v.png
330KB, 1262x712px
>>32423781
I'll inevitably get one since a new Shin Megami Tensei game was confirmed to it.
>>
>>32425338
Didn't they say 30 dollars yearly
>>
Already have a Switch. I don't line the idea of a main game installment on it. Pokemon was one of the franchises that worked well on the DS family. The two screen functions were great, the touch screen was good, etc.

If it happens, fine...
>>
>>32423781
>Be honest /vp/, would you buy a Switch if the Pokemon mainline games move there?
Maybw mainline Pokemon AND a mainline Metroid. But we all know that will never happen.
>>
>>32423781
If Pokémon mainline moves to the Switch, Pokémon will finally flop.
>>
>>32424958
In less than a month you mean.
>>
>>32425276
Got Puyo Puyo?
>>
>>32425936
They gave the nip price which is about 20 if I remember right.
>>
File: 1486746853619.png (52KB, 690x548px) Image search: [Google]
1486746853619.png
52KB, 690x548px
The people forget that Game Freak made more than 700 3d models with a Wii U game quality in less time than a normal dev.
>>
>>32426274
High poly does not equal quality. So many things that should be details in the mesh of the Pokemon are just done with textures (eyes being a great example). It's just a bunch basic geometry with way more polys than it needs.
>>
Implying I haven't a already bought one
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.