[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the pokemon world so small anons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: pokemonworldmap.png (101KB, 1614x908px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonworldmap.png
101KB, 1614x908px
Is it impossible for Gamefreak to make massive regions seriously they are so tiny.
>>
>>32422850
Blame all of nintendos shit hardware they don't really have much to work with.

Also I wish more regions were connected like kanto and Johto. Makes the world feel more real
>>
Rate my pokemon world map.
>>
>>32422862
It's more along the lines of not willing to make games on consoles and stick strictly with handhelds. Breath of the Wild shows how big they could make a region, you can basically fit all seven of the regions in there and then some.
>>
>>32422892
BoTW is a brand new game anon and has been in the making since the Wii era. Sure it shows maybe it can be done for pokemon in the future but fuck it's gonna take effort. GF are much worse game developers in general that's just facts
>>
>>32423098
Then that's Gamefreak's problem and not the hardware they have to work with.
>>
>>32422850
We haven't seen the whole pokeworld.

There is no way a game can represent an entire world, the scale will always be incorrect so that it can even fit.
>>
We've never seen the full pokemon world, it could be in a fantasy version of our world for all we know.
>>
>>32423136
Based on the fact that the first 4 regions are identical to actual places in Japan and the references to real world locations in Gen 1, I'm pretty sure it is.

Gen 1 references:
Lt. Surge is the "Lightning American"
A scientist at Silph Co. mentions the "Tiksi branch" in "Russian no-man's-land"
Mew was discovered in Guyana.
>>
File: 560px-Pokemon-to-real-world.png (103KB, 560x599px) Image search: [Google]
560px-Pokemon-to-real-world.png
103KB, 560x599px
>>32423182
Forgot to add this image
>>
>>32423190
Shit yeah that's pretty identical actually
>>
File: 1491650491355.png (203KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
1491650491355.png
203KB, 500x251px
>>32422850
Because Pokemon takes place on a world small than Earth. It's why some large Pokemon can fly and Ash jump good. Gravity is less intense on a smaller planet.
>>
>>32422850
Complaining about a video game world being in small scale to ours is autistic. Have you ever though about walking from home to work on foot and how far that is? It would take years to even scale the entire world if you could even live that long.
>>
>>32423237
I doubt they even know what walking is. I've gone for miles and miles in past. Can't do it anymore, though.
>>
>>32423250
Generally on a normal day at work I walk at least 10 miles, 15 if it's real busy. Works well since I can eat pretty much what I want without gaining a single pound.
>>
>>32423237
Not everyone lives in America. Walking or riding a bike to work every day is perfectly feasible in the Netherlands for instance.
>>
Flat-Earther trainer class
>>
>>32422850
my first response to the image was it being a loss edit
>>
Team Magma did nothing wrong.
>>
>>32422850
They're probably restricted by budget and time.
>>
>>32424886
if i walked home from my job, i would be late to work the next day if i actually returned to my house. if i got a taxi, i would end up spending about 25% of the day's paycheck just to get to where i have to work. no busses/trains. my work does not allow bikes or skateboards or roller blades

idk how people in cities and small countries or communities do it.
>>
Is another why pokémon isn't like Botw, thread, seriously, why the people need an open world or something similar?, first Botw was developed for the Wii U, pokémon for the 3Ds, even the console can't handle well the graphics of XY because the pokémon models quality is too high! Obviously less Sun and Moon. I can play games like FE wich has a tiny world and a short field to move in it and my gaming experience is the same, if you want a big world, go to play Minecraft!!
>>
They're only supposed to be about the size of a state or providence
>>
File: worldsize-min.png (889KB, 3768x744px) Image search: [Google]
worldsize-min.png
889KB, 3768x744px
>>32425331
Only Kantojoh and Almia hav continent sized landmasses anon.
>>
>>32426099
>Almia
almia is literally smaller than sinnoh
>>
>>32426253
The peninsula is Almia retard.
>>
They have trouble meeting deadlines for small regions, do you really think they want to attempt something bigger?

For reference, look at what happened when Kanto was added onto G/S/C and their remakes, and think about how consistent it felt? (Note that consistency can exist in a post-game, this is however an example of the result of one small region + one small region with most assets and features pre-existing in some form and why that should show that a big region would not be well-received, also considering that Kanto had continuity and nostalgic benefits that a big region could not offer in the same way)
>>
>>32422850
they are regions nigger.
all combined should be a country, correct me if I'm wrong
>>
GF is just gonna make an infinite number of them anyway, so...
>>
>>32422850
>so small anons

>mfw I had no idea that the Pokemon world was a small anon.
>>
>>32423182
it was generation 1 where they didn't ever thought that the games would became a larger franchise.
>>
>>32427292
>, correct me if I'm wrong
more likely every region is a country on their own.

The pokeworld is based on real world places, not a copy paste.
>>
>>32425299
Not often that I see expression marks on this site
>>
>>32427292
Yep. That's why it's called the National Dex.
Well they kinda fucked it up after adding regions from other countries from gen 5 on, but that was the original idea.
>>
>>32427292
Pretty much. It's confirmed gens 1-4 are one country and if we go by the National Dex then Unova and Kalos are part of it too. It doesn't really matter that they're not based on Japan, it's all fantasy anyway.

IDK about Alola.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.