[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is (in my opinion) the best Pokemon game ever made. Other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0266.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0266.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
This is (in my opinion) the best Pokemon game ever made. Other generations are great too but nothing beats this version. What is your favourite pokemon game? Have a good day.
>>
>>32420107
>Europe
LOL
>>
File: 025.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
025.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>>32420107
Yellow
>>
>>32420107

I have had a dream where I once ate my Crystal cartridge.

what did it all me?
>>
>>32420107
I agree!
>>
as much as i like grinding, this game captures the essence of what makes pokemon great more than anything
>>
File: Heroes.gif (23KB, 165x459px) Image search: [Google]
Heroes.gif
23KB, 165x459px
>>32420107
Well it has best girl so that immediately makes it the best game.
>>
I used to love Crystal.

But then I played platinum and platinum was fucking fun.

So Platinum
>>
>>32420536

Everytime I go back to Platinum I find myself bored, It's kind of a slog, though that's probably because my current team I started off with Empleon, and I really hate this mon.
>>
>>32420107
My favorite Pokémon game is Crystal too. Why would anyoe disagree? :)
>>
Ruby and Sapphire. Ah, but Colosseum was fun too.
>>
>>32420548
They why did you start with Piplup in the first place, if you hate it's final evolution?
>>
Pokemon Crystal is the last pokemon game I remember playing where I didn't find a feature I wouldn't ever use.
>>
>>32420711
That's because it had none
>>
>>32420107
If we're looking at the games at the time of their release, Gen II was definitely the best, no question about it. Unlike later generations, Gen II didn't remove any key features from the previous games while adding A LOT of great new things and fixing bullshit, for example:
>Dark- and Steel-types
>genders
>breeding, egg moves
>held items
>Special stat split into Sp. Atk and Sp. Def
>proper colorful graphics
>backwards compatibility
>two regions
>customizing your room
>Mystery Gift
>day/night cycle, wild Pokemon changing based on the time of day
>flow of time in general, daily events
>quick button for a key item
>HMs activating simply by pressing A in the overworld
>phone calls
>radio
>roaming legendaries

And in Crystal we got:
>moving sprites
>female player character
>the first battle facility
>the first step into online features (only in Japan tho: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Communication_Center)

And that's probably not even all as I always forget something. Anyway, the point is that no Pokemon game has been able to reach the level of Gold/Silver during the time of their release. The people who didn't play Gen II back when it first came out have no idea how incredible it was back then.
>>
>>32420702
Not him, but I love Piplup and hate Empoleon, when I first played Gen IV I went with the cute penguin not knowing its evolution was so ugly. Doesn't explain why he would choose it now that Empoleon is old news.
>>
>>32420107
I really like Crystal too, it was my first game. But Moon is my favourite, I think. Pls no bully
>>
>>32420548
Platinum is ruined by the terrible starters gen 4 had. If you box your starter ASAP it is alright I guess, but still suffers about as much from the slow gen 4 engine as DP/HGSS did with very minor improvements.

Crystal and Platinum are both leagues ahead of anything from gen 6 on in terms of content.
>>
>>32420702
>>32421140

at the time I hated the Chimchar line more.

Now I've come around the little fire monkey, Infernape is cool in my books.
>>
File: 7028-1.jpg (2MB, 1533x2156px) Image search: [Google]
7028-1.jpg
2MB, 1533x2156px
>>32420107
The only actually good Pokémon game ever made here. No one mind me...
>>
>>32421194
Infernape is overdesigned garbage and all the gen 4 starters are bad in some way. Unlike gen 2 where 2/3 sucked but Feraligatr was one of the best they ever made.
>>
My bros, I havent played a pokemon game since SoulSilver and I just got a 3ds.

Which game since the release of Soulsilver do you think is the most fun to play? For the record, I will eventually buy Pokemon Moon but I feel like I missed too much to skip right to it.

I thinking of getting Y first, then Alpha Sapphire even if it is a remake.
>>
>>32423164
The games are almost totally self-contained in terms of story. Apart from small bits of lore and references the plot of the other games don't get mentioned at all (apart from gen 2 which was a direct sequel to RBY).

I recommend Moon only if you want a recent game to transfer stuff forward to (the only reason I played SM, as I like to keep up with the series in the vague hope one of the future games will actually be worth my time).

As for an actual good Pokémon game after gen 4? Black and White. B2W2 had a shittier story than BW, and most of the added features are wifi related and therefore are irrelevant now that DS wifi is dead. But BW are decent games with a decent story and lots of postgame, with the added benefit of letting you transfer up anything you have in Gen 4 to Pokémon Bank.

If you had to play two games in the series right now I would recommend Black and Sun. If you can only play one game I recommend Black.
>>
File: gsc_large-1038x576.jpg (131KB, 1038x576px) Image search: [Google]
gsc_large-1038x576.jpg
131KB, 1038x576px
>>32420107
Excellent taste, OP.
I feel the same.
It's always good to see some Johtobros here on /vp/.
>>
>>32423349
Johto is my favourite region, but fuck you are dumb, HGSS is way better. I have nostalgia for the old games but I can see through it and know they have been greatly improved.
>>
>>32423371
>but fuck you are dumb
and you're underage.
If anything, see this post >>32420845
Of course, things like Physical/Special split are great, new games are more polished, but gen II gave us the biggest improvements of the franchise.
>>
>>32423371
HGSS plays way too fucking slow for my taste, and I own/have recently played both. Crystal all the way.
>>
>>32420314
>Watching TV with pokemon
Let's be honest, this is what everyone would do in the world of pokemon
>>
File: 1483079974987.png (235KB, 580x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483079974987.png
235KB, 580x720px
>>32420314
Game is soothing as hell just watching TV, answering questions about Pokemon and buying things while collecting cards. My favorite guilty pleasure with a good soundtrack too.
>>
File: WP_20170428_001.jpg (529KB, 1536x858px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170428_001.jpg
529KB, 1536x858px
>>32423397
>Underage
Nah. Sure these are things that anyone could buy second hand, but why would they?
>>
>>32420107
Emerald, have double digit play throughs of it. I love the story and I think the legendary catching at the end is really fun because of the puzzles. Even though the Pokemon aren't my favorite.
>>
>>32423524
>That marble bag
>>
File: 1464995481389.gif (2MB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1464995481389.gif
2MB, 499x374px
>>32420845
My nigga
>>
Main line: Black 2. It's the only main line game where I actively tried to beat the battle facility.
Spin-off: Colosseum.
>>
>>32423336
>and most of the added features are wifi related and therefore are irrelevant now that DS wifi is dead.
Except for the dreamworld they're all still usable anon.
>>
>>32420845
>Gen II didn't remove any key features
Well except for the safari zone and several large chunks of Kanto. Which is the second most removals in a game after SM.
>>
>>32423524
Is that starter deck sealed? That must be worth a ton now.
>>
I remember waking up early to go wait outside of Toys R Us by myself to get Crystal when it was released. It was the summer before 9/11. Pure innocence.
>>
>>32425812
Not really.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.