[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are starters always so fucking useless? My starter in gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1490585413893.gif (675KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490585413893.gif
675KB, 320x240px
Why are starters always so fucking useless?

My starter in gen 7 was Litten
he died every fucking battle
around that part where you meet the dark grandpa guy I threw him in the PC and replaced the litten with the fire eevee
and it was 10x better
>>
I think you just suck tbqh f.a.m.
>>
This is b8. If you honestly had that kind of trouble, you fucking suck at pokemon.
>>
>>32416337
t. underage bara
>>
>>32416337
>>32416340
his stats sucked, I got that litten to lvl 50 I think and it never improved
>>
File: 1493258214491.jpg (88KB, 700x487px) Image search: [Google]
1493258214491.jpg
88KB, 700x487px
Speak for yourself
>>
>>32416346
>Litten
Well there's your answer. Cant blame you for not wanting to evolve it though
>>
>>32416329

Incineroar carried me the through the game, git gud

Flareon is on a whole different level of shit
>>
>>32416343
I think all the gen 7 starters are shit in terms of design fagit. Pokemon is just an objectively easy game and if you have trouble with it you should just do humanity a favor and never reproduce
>>
>>32416329
You must really be shit at the game because my litten was great, and at the end of the game I found out it had shit IV's
>>
File: IMG_1265.png (526KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1265.png
526KB, 600x526px
>>32416372
>>
The only pokemon that matter are the ones we see overused in Pokemon VGC haha lol XDD
>>
>>32416385
>edgy
I don't think that word means what you think it means
>>
both eviolite torracat and incineroar are solid as fuck ingame
>>
Because GF cares about nothing but Greninja.
>>
>>32416385
Yes. Be fruitful. Multiply. Multiply even when you have nothing to offer, and only push humanity ever closer to eternity at His side. It's a good idea. Would I lie to you?
>>
>>32416329
They're designed that way obviously.

"Starter" implies "first", so like how you wouldn't use a starter set from a card game in an actual competitive tournament, you wouldn't dream of using your actual first Pokemon in a tournament either.

Hell, even the few starters that are good have to be re-bred for hidden abilities. Basically, you're not meant to have competitive level mons until after you beat the game for the first time.
>>
>>32418854
This. Swampert is probably the absolute best in terms of base starter, and even it is only meh.
Starters are there until you git gud, unless you pick fire in gen 4 in which case it's your only option.
>>
I used Litten without any problem maybe your nature was just not right.. Z-Work Up with an attack boosting nature should get you through the game easily.
>>
>>32418859
>Swampert
No, not really. Even ignoring Megas, it's not the best.
>>
>>32416329
We know you picked the owl.
>>
>>32416329
You just aren't good at this, anon. Unless the Litten you had just happened to have 0 IVs in everything that matters, a hindering nature, and somehow didn't get any useful EVs through out your playthrough, you were just using it wrong since practically anything is viable in game if you use it right.

Also
>"fire eevee"
>"Litten" at the point of "dark grandpa guy"
The names you're looking for are Flareon, Incineroar, and Nanu. If you're going to post at least know the names of the Pokemon and characters you're talking about ffs.
>>
>>32416329
Currently doing a mono fire run, litten and its evos have carried me from the start. I maxed out all my other pokemon on beans and el tigre is still my most dependable pokemon.
>>
The only time I had any issue using Litten was at the very last parts of the Torracat stage. It starts to get REALLY fragile for that point of the game, but is great until then, and becomes good again once it evolves. Honestly, the whole line is one of my favourite Fire starters to use in years.
>>
>>32416329
That's not always the case, tho. My starter was Popplio and it just helped me beat the Battle Tree super singles. Other viable starters are/were Swampert, SB Blaziken, Infernape, Contrary Serperior and Protean Greninja.
>>
>>32419223
Primarina is the best starter without a hidden ability or mega in singles.
>>
>>32416329
You just suck at the game!
>>
>>32418859
>Swampert is probably the absolute best in terms of base starter
What are Brokechicken and HE?
>>
>>32416329
Starters are supposed to carry you through the early stages of the game until you can build a decent team.
>>
>>32418826
That's a weird way to spell Charizard.
>>
I'm shit at this game and still got through BW/2 with Snivy.
>>
When I went with Decidueye, I already had a mindset of expecting minor challenge due to Grass starters having some difficulty, but with him, shit was easy as fuck, can't even imagine how easy it would have been with the other two.

Just seems like you need some good old "git gud" because seriously, the game was easy as fuck. Pathetically easy. I actually felt embarrassed over how easy it was and I never felt that any time earlier.

But then again, I went with Flareon too, I like the fluff of fire, more than Litten, which is why I went with Rowlet, except I didn't expect a free Eevee so it all went well. I was considering Popplio, but then Mareanie came and shoved that thing aside faster than Satan blinking.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.