[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be good places to base future Pokémon regions on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

What would be good places to base future Pokémon regions on?

If the place you live became the setting of Gen 8 then what Pokémon (new, old, and alternate forms) would you expect to see there? What locations would show up? Would there be a particular theme to the games, or any unusual mechanics?
>>
That fake Pokémon is offensive to me and my people
>>
>>32416269
>still liking clovour
>>
>>32416105
Don't live there but if love to see an ancient China based region. With warring states and all
>>
>>32416105
Where I live used to have a river running through it that was rerouted and thus the entire area turned into desert - though the valley the river formed turned into a forest.

The unique forms here would likely be water types that adapted to land and became other types. Ground/Poison type Poliwag for example or maybe even Bug/Rock type Krabby
>>
To me, the best places to base Pokemon regions off of are places notorious for their landscapes and wildlife. I also feel like Gen 8 needs to be a much colder and woodsy region as a contrast to Alola, so therefore, my picks are Canada, Alaska, or Russia.
>>
File: Keenan_Sudowoodo_golden.png (159KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Keenan_Sudowoodo_golden.png
159KB, 320x240px
>>32418837
I vote for Alaska, then they can have Alaskan Sudowoodo that looks like this. They could also have some extremely remote route where's there's a single cabin and then nothing for miles and miles. As well as having only rail access to routes like that one, but not the whole map because fuck not being able to explore.
>>
>>32416377
>With warring states and all
Spinoff game?
>>
>>32416105
A region based on the mediterranean basin would be cool. The ligue could be based on the Vatican or the Mt.Olympe.
>>
>>32416105
I just want them to stop copying real world locations and make their own regions. Copying the general shape of the region like in gen 1-4 is fine but adding recognizable landmarks like the Eiffel tower is tacky and uncreative.
>>
File: tiksi rocket.png (366KB, 797x719px) Image search: [Google]
tiksi rocket.png
366KB, 797x719px
>>32418837
Russia would be nice. They could include that guy.
>>
>>32420249
>Copying the general shape of the region like in gen 1-4 is fine but adding recognizable landmarks like the Eiffel tower is tacky and uncreative.

They always did that. It's just that most of the landmarks they used are only recognizable if you live in Japan.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world
>>
>>32420364
Not him, but personally this is what made the first 4 gens so comfy. It was all based on real stuff, but it was obscure rather than stuff everyone has already seen on TV 9000 times. There's a certain feel to discovering new realistic stuff that just can't be captured with an over-represented landmark like the Eiffel tower.
>>
File: Bog-wood-table-base.jpg (110KB, 439x448px) Image search: [Google]
Bog-wood-table-base.jpg
110KB, 439x448px
>>32416105
>Ireland
>>32418856

Bogwood Sudowoodo: Rock/Ghost with Water Absorb and Poison Heal as abilities. Laugh as players try to use Water and Fighting attacks on it.
>>
>>32420364
The difference is that, because Game Freak are based in Japan, they did most of the references more subtly.
For example, Rustboro City is a counterpart to Kitakyushu, but it's not literally Kitakyushu. It just shares its location, and both have technology companies based there. Otherwise there aren't really many similarities, and it's not blatantly obvious.
Compare Lumiose, which is immediately recognisable to anybody as being Paris, with the Eiffel Tower smack in the middle of it, cafes everywhere, an art museum, and similar architecture to its real life counterpart. They really want to hammer home the fact that yes, this is PokéParis.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.