[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive discussion analysis; Incineroar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 20

File: questionmark.png (368KB, 650x588px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.png
368KB, 650x588px
I only want ask owl fags to fuck off, really, no, please, all starters were cucked by GF competitively and many has to wait until last gen to shine...

so what you think about this set with tailwind? do you have any other ideas how to use him? battle tree seems to put on him quick claw and lick or heat wave but... maybe just for cheating with bullshit luck
>>
>>32414612
>all starters were cucked by GF competitively
UU usage intensifies
>>
>>32414612
>Male
Shit Thread
>>
>>32414612

I possibly don't understand how stats works and ev's [lol] to maybe I'm spreading them in wrong way
>>
>>32414651

so*

as far as I'm aware of this game, balancing stats is good thing, but... is there any article about that?
>>
>>32414612
>all starters cucked competitively
How? Look at Typhlosion, Meganium, Samurott, the non-Mega Kanto starters, Emboar, Delphox, Sceptile, Swampert, Torterra, and arguably Chesnaught (it's RU now), and then we'll talk.

Alola starters are better than the majority of other starters, and most mons in competitive in general. And they'll be even better, especially in doubles, once Shillcat gets his HA.
>>
File: question2.png (350KB, 648x598px) Image search: [Google]
question2.png
350KB, 648x598px
tailwind

same stats as in op image/different

fling toxic orb badly poisons
>>
>>32414785

or maybe for fling use x berry? I read the effect activates but... for enemy?
>>
>>32414808

oh shit fling partner works

HOLY KEK
>>
File: kek 2.png (106KB, 437x355px) Image search: [Google]
kek 2.png
106KB, 437x355px
>>32414866

kek [only 2 mons, no intimidate]

people must stop act like autistic fucks and just discuss...
>>
>>32414874

and yes,
fling works at full hp
>>
why reddit is better forum than you? you getting BTFO after smallest thing
>>
>>32414612
use a choice scarf fag
>>
>>32414781
Venasaur was pretty good in the day
>>
I thought this was a shitpost, but you genuinely look like you need help.

1. Get it out of your head that balanced stats are what you want. It's the exact opposite of what you want. You either want to max out your 2 best stats (252/252/4 spread) or distribute between usually at most 3 stats (ex ferrothorns 252HP/168Def/88SpD investment).

2. As you're aware, Incineroar is ass in competitive. If you're still hellbent on using it, doubles probably is the place.

3. I'd suggest Flare Blitz, Fake Out, Darkest Lariat, and Protect. I'd either do 252HP/252Atk/4Spe with Assault Vest or Sitrus Berry, or 4HP/252Atk/252Spe with Darkium or Firium Z. Either way, run Adamant.

Smogon and nuggetbridge in general have tons of guides on learning most of the basics of set and teambuilding. Just look for more if you need more help.
>>
>>32414952

said kid who don't understand the strategy...

10%+30% bite = 3/4 probability of flinch hax
>>
>>32415037
kings rock doesnt stack with moves that already flinch ya dingus
>>
>>32415034

mhm thx, and I disagree, balanced stats are not bad thing, this is strategy rpg so either 200 speed [tailwind] and 246 sp. def [assV] are good
>>
>>32415037
I thought it doesn't stack, like it only gives a 10% to moves with no chance to flinch.
>>
>>32415066
>>32415061

it's not [fucking bullcrap gf]
>>
>>32415037
Kings Rock stacks multiplicatuvely with Flinching moves. So 10% bonus to Bite is 1.3*1.1 or 33%. Kings Rock isn't viable except with multihit moves.

>>32415065
You're better off fully commiting to one thing or another. Your spread would effectively be bad at everything, rather than at least trying to be good at something.
>>
>>32415226

probably that's why some mons have shitty def/sp. def and maximized atk and speed, the problem is they easily die... so stop telling me bullshit, incineroar have the same def and sp. def as mewtwo and I think it's just good to bulk him little more, because it's atk plus stab ect. is enough, the only problem is how to balance it
>>
>>32415284
It's not bullshit, what that anon said is true, jack of all trades master of none are generally bad, they can't perform any specific role and have no identity whatsoever, that's why you should invest only in 2 or 3 stats, to capitalize on a build that can preform a specific role, for example if you're doing tailwind support, you can run adamant max attack, and invest 168 EVs in speed to outspeed tapu koko under tailwind, rest of the EVs go into HP to maximize bulk.
>>
>>32415284
Max HP gives you better overall bulk than splitting defenses. Since Max HP only leaves you 256 points left to work with, that usually means you're best off putting 252 into one stat (attack in this case) and 4 into whatever (usually a defense or speed).

Proof:
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe Assault Vest:
252 Atk Manaphy Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Incineroar: (60.9 - 72%)
252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Incineroar: (45.6 - 53.8%)

Your spread: (0HP/92Def/216SpD)
252 Atk Manaphy Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 92 Def Incineroar: 218-258 (65.8 - 77.9%)
252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 0 HP / 216 SpD Assault Vest Incineroar: 144-170 (43.5 - 51.3%)

Despite running 48 more EVs defensively than 252 HP, you're taking around 7% physically frailer while only 2.5% specially bulkier. If you "really need" that 2.5%, you could adjust to a spread of:

252HP/216Atk/40SpD Adamant, which lands you at:

252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Assault Vest Incineroar: (43.1 - 51.7%)

Which is effectively the same amount of special bulk for 8 less EVs, more physical bulk, and more attacking power.

If you wondering about speed: Incineroar does not have the Uber legendary BST to be fast, bulky, and strong all at once, so you really need to pick two and stick with it.
>>
>>32415037
For three turns against anything that doesn't have priority or a choice scarf and doesn't just kill it on the switch.
Even less than three turns if you're wasting them on Bulk Up.
Why don't you just use a fucking Togekiss instead and save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>32414785
Cool. Now it can get outsped by literally any 100+ base speed scarf
>>
File: analys.png (351KB, 640x602px) Image search: [Google]
analys.png
351KB, 640x602px
OP there, I made analysis based on few popular starters and latios and mew and I concentrated at few sets and this is what I got ultimately basing on mew stats

[this set will have work with tailwind and maybe sticky web/scarfed support to nerf speed]

I guess it's...good?
>>
>>32415679
Where the fuck is your fire STAB?
Why are you running Return, a move that hits a whopping zero pokemon for super effective damage, as coverage instead of fire STAB?
>>
>>32415284
Stop being so dense these anons that actually know what they're talking about are trying to help you because you fucking need it and are so wrong and you're just being a fucking faggot to them
>>
>>32415679
>I guess it's.. good?

Lol no its not you still haven't fixed your EVs and it's going to be bad until you take the advice you've been given
>>
>>32415482

because it's not starter

...............?
>>
>>32415692

so you telling me that base stats and ev on many sets doesn't count? woooow that's why latios have shitty hp and def right? [not invested on popular spread]
>>32415699

you are blind right? it's have better atk/sp. atk than mew, the only problem is lack of good physical stab move, otherwise it's good and can deal good amount of damage

>>32415691

maybe in place of return after all
>>
>>32415730
>otherwise it's good and can deal good amount of damage
-1 176 Atk Incineroar Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 87-103 (27.2 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
>>
File: Incineroar is awful.jpg (47KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Incineroar is awful.jpg
47KB, 960x720px
>>32414612
(you)

How does it feel being even worse than Shitcidueye, barafag?

Master Primarace
>>
>>32415679
>two unSTAB normal moves
>the fucking mess that is your EV spread

Just use Band or Scarf like literally everyone else is saying and maybe nab a few kills in RU
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 816x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 816x462px
>>32415762
Fuck off trannyfag

I can't wait for the next game where trannyseal gets NERFED into oblivion while Decidueye gets several buffs including a new hidden ability and battle bond form.
>>
>>32415730

I just made this spread as option number one, can fucking... smogon idiots fuck off? you are morons, who base only at 252 ev's without bothering to check other options

>you have stats
>you have popular spreads
>you have brains and eyes
>you have other starters

you can compare, re-analyse and build

because incineroar have def/sp.def and hp close to good bulk, it's rather obvious that it's necessary to build it around something usable

it's STRATEGY GAME it have various sets not 1 or 3, you can always try and build something new, and that's what I'm trying to do
>>
>>32415801
cool what's the highest rating you've ever gotten on cart or showdown
>>
>>32415759

-1 atk

>I-im making a-argument

are you shitting me?! also it's legendary mon, so you know...swampert have worse offensive than incineroar and incineroar doesn't have good stab for landorous
>>
>>32415813

another manchild

CHRIST
>>
>>32415833
don't skirt the question, answer or fuck off.
>>
>>32415828
actually landorus has intimidate, and you're never going to switching into a landorus. So take that -1 atk for granted. THAT'S actually strategy (also, landorus is one of the most used mons in OU, so you have to take it in account)
>>
Im not a smogonite and even I wouldnt build Incineroar like that.

Maybe

56 HP/ 200Atk/ 100 Def / 100 Sdef

Its bulky, not fast. No speed evs.
>>
>>32415906
hey bro you're missing a few ev's
>>
ok, so I made few changes

now it have sp. def equal of non invested regi ice
and def slightly smaller than non invested 100bst mon
it should be faster than many non scarfed mon with tailwind and good set up/support in doubles
and it have enough HP to take hits
it can deal now decent damage [it's max atk without nature is 329]

maybe nothing wrong will happen if we took ev's from hp and add it to it's atk... hmmm
>>
File: a 3.png (330KB, 637x576px) Image search: [Google]
a 3.png
330KB, 637x576px
>>32415953

forgot fucking image kek
>>
>>32415922
Fuck, you're right. Thanks
>>
>>32415762
>>32415792
Man, I feel sorry for Primarina and Decidueye fans. The falseflagging for them has reached absurd levels as of late.
>>
>>32415906
What I actually meant was:
108Hp / 200Atk / 100 Def / 100SpDef

Its a slow bulky mon: no speed evs
>>
>>32416000
It's the barafags. I always told you that they are gay baras that falseflag. They are the problem. And their pedophile tiger too.
>>
I'm happy cuz litten stayed with ash
>>
>>32416003
HP investment is better than Def/SpD investment since it helps mitigate Flare Blitz recoil.
>>
tfw man childs don't understand how bad starters are in general and this thread is only for that to find a good balance in stats for incineroar

does evolite works with mega evolutions? [tfw they will drop it's defences and make speed enormous and will boost atk]
>>
>>32416050
>tw man childs don't understand how bad starters are in general
>what is mega venusaur
>what is mega zard
>what is feraligatr
>what is blaziken
>what is infernape
>what is empoleon
>what is serperior
>what is greninja
>>
>>32414612

Primarina is pretty good :^)
>>
>>32416050

tfw GF doesn't created non recoil physical fire move with good bp

tfw incineroar didn't get fire lash, or punch, kick

why gf hates physical fire types so much? even v-create is shit
>>
>>32416073

-mega
-sheer force dragon dance
-speed boost+mega+baton pass ect. but stil frail
-infernape/empoleon stop this meme...
-ability
-abilities snow flake and stats
>>
>>32416112

ye, let's make incineroar water/steel, this is good idea, it will land in ubers :^)
>>
>>32416073
Primarina is better than Feraligatr, Infernape and Empoleon right now, and those 4 are way worse than Zard, Venusaur and Greninja anyway.
>>
>>32416133
I haven't played much of UU this gen but last gen at least Empoleon and Infernape were both great UU mons with a small niche in OU, and Feraligatr was one of the best Dragon Dancers in the tier. It's true that on most teams they're not as good as Venusaur/Greninja/Zard but they have their place.
>>
>>32416165
Empoleon and Infernape are still good in UU, I just found it odd that you didn't mention Primarina, or Mega-Blastoise for that matter, when they are on par/better than those two.
>>
>>32415801
I completely understand that you're trying to do something new and unique but you simply don't understand EVs. There are almost no mons that will benefit from having their EVs spread over 5 of their stats, it's just a complete waste of some where it could benefit others.

Sure I could give my greninja a defensive spread because it's so fragile, but it's not gonna change anything, it might take a few less percent every once in a while, but I'm not gonna notice it because I'm also doing so much less attack damage now.

Learn incineroars stats and what he's good at and build him around something he's good at. Also movesets are very important in making a mon unique but you also have to understand that all pokemon can learn moves that are completely useless to them, and your incineroar knows one.
>>
File: a4.png (350KB, 644x565px) Image search: [Google]
a4.png
350KB, 644x565px
hmmm [yes, I'm still trying to invest into speed, we don't want be outspeed and lose HP right?]

this set plus different items, incinium is for emergency kill
>>
>>32416073
All of these have either hidden abilities or megas which make them good.
>>
>>32416250

you calling a waste... pumped stats to make them close to many strong non invested mons.... why you can't understand I'm doing it to balance it as much as I can, not because I'm ignoring the fact I can just hehe max speed and atk hehe but because I want make it good in every stat that is good for this mon, this is strategy game
>>
ITT: owlfag falseflags trying to make tigerfags look even more retarded
>>
>>32416251
Oh hey look, you're finally getting somewhere, I put a fire type move instead of facade, Incineroar is immune to burns, so it doesn't matter, and flare blitz is stronger anyways even if you're have a status, also you can replace protect with fake out, and finally I suggest dumbing all the defense EVs into HP, it's bulkier that way instead of splitting between the defenses.
>>
I have feeling that once intimidate come out, mega gengar will be good partner with incineroar to start with and help it set up to take out at least 1-1.5 mon [eventually other shadow tag user]
>>
File: a5.png (290KB, 641x497px) Image search: [Google]
a5.png
290KB, 641x497px
>>32416347

how does it's bulkier without def...imo it have decent hp

how about this? I want keep facade in case of paralysis because it will bulk the damage, also it will work with swagger [it's hit or miss but still...] also with poisoning [only badly poisoned drops hp like mad]
>>
>>32416399

fling plus poison barb... [doesn't poison badly]
if swagger will work after that then holy kek
>>
File: 1465683369827s.jpg (9KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1465683369827s.jpg
9KB, 250x225px
I wish I could have this much fun while playing/building my 'mons
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 291x25px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 291x25px
>>32416289
>because I want make it good in every stat that is good for this mon, this is strategy game
But it's bad strategy.
Take Weavile for instance. Nobody invests defense into Weavile because that's not Weavile's fucking job. Weavile's job is to hit as hard and fast as possible, and people run 252/252 Jolly to make it as good at that job as possible, and just because it might occasionally take 97% from a Bullet Punch instead of 100% with some defense investment does not mean that it's worth gimping the important stats to do that.
If you want an example of a good, well thought out balanced EV spread, look at Gliscor's page. This is a good EV spread because there's logic behind it. 244 HP is to get the most out of Poison Heal, the 96 Spe is to outspeed Tapu Bulu, and the leftovers go into Special Defense because out of its four remaining stats, that's the one it benefits the most from. There's a lot to be said for creativity and originality, sure, but there's just as much to be said about logic and consistency.
>>
>>32416450

And using Weavile is a bad example to use. Its defenses are crap to begin with. Of course you will focus on attack and speed.

With incineroar he is more balanced in his stats. He is micromanaging the pokemon on specifics.
>>
File: hm.png (129KB, 630x570px) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
129KB, 630x570px
this is test, for doubles ou, I'm too tired to think
>>
>>32416289
I guess be prepared to watch your incineroar faint over and over again then lol
>>
>>32416450
>Take Weavile for instance. Nobody invests defense into Weavile because that's not Weavile's fucking job. Weavile's job is to hit as hard and fast as possible

>>32416481

holiest kek
>>
>>32416461
>With incineroar he is more balanced in his stats. He is micromanaging the pokemon on specifics.
Gliscor is the same way. That's why I mentioned it. He could also look at Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Scizor for good balanced spreads. The problem with the Incineroar spread is they're just distributed randomly in an even-ish manner with no thought put into it. And I know he's not putting any thought into it because he keeps moving the Speed EVs around and that's the stat where having a very specific value is really, really important
>>
>>32416481

fling poison barb doesn't work, what a bullcrap [at least on showdown, wiki tells it's poisons]
>>
>>32416545

nvm I'm too sleepy I overlooked misty terrain the same turn I used fling kek
>>
>>32416497

Yes you did and I agree with you about Gliscor and the other mons you mentioned.

But unless he is scarfing his Incineroar there is no need to max out his speed. He might only be looking to outspeed certain mons.

Of course it does depend what format he is running too. Not sure if this is for singles doubles or what.
>>
>this thread
ayy lmao

hi verlis
>>
>>32416622
>He might only be looking to outspeed certain mons.
If that was what he was doing, that would be fine. But it's not what he's doing.
Look at this one for example. >>32416399
There's lots of pokemon that go for a specific value to outspeed a particular pokemon, but I can't figure out why exactly he went with 96 evs. Why 180? Why is 179 too slow but 181 is unnecessary? Where's the logic behind it?
>>
>>32416681

hi underage

MOOOODS
>>
>>32416713
what the fuck are you even on about
>>
>>32416688

? somebody explain me this trolling, this guy telling me, that incineroar's base def and sp. def are good and that I don't need bulk it, but invest into hp to mix it...
>>
File: bst.png (168KB, 641x547px) Image search: [Google]
bst.png
168KB, 641x547px
ok I'm giving up... if you saying so, then this is set for misty terrain swagger

I only gave it 100bst in both def
>>
>>32416840
This is almost good, but I have a question for you.
Do you know what recoil damage is?
>>
>>32417106

do you know what double battles are? what is support? [also PLEASE... leech life with x2 atk...]

and why this is almost good? dude, there's 518 ev's this is not enough, and now I see how stupidly they spread his stats, they should take 20 from sp. atk, put 5/10 into hp, 5 into atk and 5 into def and sp. def/one of them
>>
>>32417183

508*

I gave him bulk into defences because of hp, so it makes sense because all stats are calculated and 100bst is minimum to be good
>>
File: an.png (159KB, 642x516px) Image search: [Google]
an.png
159KB, 642x516px
>>32417204

but ok, how about this? less sp. def because of vest and more hp?
>>
File: orthis.png (53KB, 379x266px) Image search: [Google]
orthis.png
53KB, 379x266px
>>32417229

or this, less atk because it will hit 700 after swagger + stab+ helping hand and more sp.def and hp
>>
>>32417229
I'm genuinely trying to help you here, so please listen.
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Incineroar: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 128 SpD Incineroar: 148-175 (44.7 - 52.8%) -- 26.6% chance to 2HKO
Investing EVs in HP instead of Defense or Special Defense will give you overall better mixed bulk than splitting your EVs between two defenses. Thought the difference may not appear large based on the calculations, believe it or not it does add up, and even if it is a small difference, it still doesn't make sense for you to go with an objectively inferior layout for no reason..
This is doubly true when you are using a recoil move like Flare Blitz. When you take recoil damage, it does not matter if you have 5 defense or 500; the damage you take is dependent entirely how much damage you deal to the opponent. However, with HP investment, you have a larger HP pool to pull from, so the recoil damage does not affect you as much as it would had you not invested in the extra HP.
Also, Leech Life is not reliable recovery. Bug is an extremely commonly resisted offensive type, and in almost all cases you'll be healing yourself for much, much less than they're damaging you for.
>>
>>32417419

....this game is fucking bullshit, I'm speechless
>>
>>32418921

so the only way to fix incineroar is; better move set, better item, sp. atk intimidate variation for it's support which means... we have to wait until next game

btw. somebody could hack tm's change them for good moves [offensively and supportively] and check what incineroar possibly could learn
>>
Personally I wish both Incineroar & Decidueye both were faster and swapping their sp atk stats with their speed stats would be ideal

Just the thought of Incineroar being slower than Emboar is painful

Primarina got the best treatment in terms of stats imo, though it probably would want to have its attack lowered to increase either its hp or sp def
>>
>>32414672
I'm not sure who the fuck told you that but they're wrong.

>>32414612
That set is fucking terrible.
>>
ok I'm now thinking at good support for him

if there's really no other option... maybe drought user, maybe torkoal with eruption so icnineroar would have protect and life orb or something
>>
>>32419068

eeee you thought you will touch me with that? ummmm you know, 4chan is from 18+

go and fight with your complexes on leddit
>>
I have no other problem that the fact... that defences are just place holders
>>
>>32419100

because logically they should count to hp... I can't believe they are not...
>>
File: 1492520175001m.jpg (114KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1492520175001m.jpg
114KB, 1024x576px
>This thread
Thanks for the keks OP. You keep yapping that "This is le strategy gaem xd so i must use le good spread xd" but why aren't you picking the most optimized sets that the other anons are pointing out?
>>
hmmm

252 hp
216 in atk [adamant] = 350 [slower but bulkier arcanine, arcanine max atk is 350 with adamant]
20 def+sp. def [close to 95 bst]
>>
>>32419127

ok, so how does most popular arcanine sets are ok, but bulk tiger with better bst in def+sp.def is bad?

explain me your fucking logic underage
>>
File: 1492561729920.jpg (109KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1492561729920.jpg
109KB, 625x626px
>>32419140
Because he has recovery and a very wide coverage moves that is not shit. Why are you calling everyone itt underage? Do you feel guilty about yourself? At this point, no one is going to take you seriously because you are just being a sissy faggot or just plain out fishing for you. You're trying too hard to fit in.
>>
>>32419100
>>32419102
Because lots of bulkymons invest EVs in both HP and defenses and may want to prioritize one type of defense over another.
>>
>>32419140

from what I can see... incineroar with scarf and max atk, max hp and intimidate is better than vcg dog
>>
File: 1492413244226.png (404KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492413244226.png
404KB, 853x480px
>ITT: Anons vs samefagging OP
>>
>>32419155

but you have zero idea what you talking about... if your shit was real then there wouldn't be set mixed for high HP and defences, just checked few resources and people telling that both hp and def stats matters
>>
>>32419170
Incineroar doesn't have Intimidate yet so as of now it's worse than Arcanine.
>>
>>32419182
Looks like you are ignoring the posts that shows how much of a fucking retard you are. See >>32415450
Here's your last (You). Your bait is being too obvious now.
>>
>>32419175

don't forget that reddit is place also for people under 18 :^) you must not forcing yourself to be accepted
>>
>>32419187

it's not proving anything imo, because you either switch or outspeed manaphy with something else

and to be honest >>32419136
looks the most balanced, it either have full invested hp, good atk and good defence
>>
>>32419188
>U-uhh oh no umm
>Ah! you kid me cool you reddit xd
How old are you and I'm sure as fuck you are an uneducated third worlder who is using posting in an internet cafe right now.
>>
>>32419198

I also found something like this

EVs : 252 Hp / 128 Def / 128 SpD
intimidate
sitrus berry

Bulk Up
Darkest Lariat
Flare Blitz
Substitute
>>
>>32419182
>lol let's mix those stats randomly and ignore every single guide in existance
>you have zero idea what you talking about
This is probably a bait but holy shit it's still retarded
>>
>>32419201

kids, this is how triggered autist teen looks like :^)
>>
>>32414612

I mean yeah, most of the starters are bad competitively, but there are some who are good.

If we look at the official metagames, we can see that some starters excel greatly and are common threats, with those (including megas) being:

Battle Spot Singles

1. Charizard
2. Blaziken
3. Greninja
4. Venusaur
5. Primarina
6. Serperior

Everybody else is irrelevant

Battle Spot Doubles

1. Charizard
2. Venusaur
3. Swampert

Everybody else is irrelevant

I mean yeah, 6/21 for BSS and 3/21 for BSD is not good, like at all, but GF hasn't made all the starters into shitmons. They play favourites from time to time lol.
>>
>>32419140
Holy fuck learn english, newfag
>>
>>32419227

being retarded enough to follow guides made by autists, look, this is just a math, if you balance hp with def/sp. def you are set and that's all

also every set is different for every strategy
>>
>This entire thread
>These special snowflake EV spreads
>OP trying to defend his shit when everyone else tells him why it's terrible

Comedy gold.
>>
>>32419264
Tried an assault vest and life orb sets in VGC, it can work, but It's still very weak
I've seen some more offensive sets with sword dance to break stuff like arcanine and p2, still feel like that the niche is too small for now, can't wait for intimidate
>>
>>32419297
So what's your strategy? What specific moves and you live with 76 HP and 76 defence? What do you need 200 speed for? At least these "autists" actually justify their spreads
>>
>>32419318

nobody told him why he's terrible, they just were shitposting he's wrong, giving him arguments out of ass and so on, also his idea isn't that bad to get better "base stats" similar to many OU mon
>>
File: justify this.png (80KB, 1270x588px) Image search: [Google]
justify this.png
80KB, 1270x588px
>>32419328

ok kid, then justify this analyse
>>
>>32419379
>also his idea isn't that bad to get better "base stats" similar to many OU mon

I can agree with your first point, but this is just wrong.
You have a finite number of stats you can distribute to any stat via EVs and it's pretty much always best to use those to improve the pokemons strengths. The OU mons with higher "base stats" will use these EVs to maximize their attack or bulk instead of mixing it, leaving Incineroar with the mixed spread outperformed even more.
>>
>>32419385
Link?
>>
>>32419395

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/ev_distribution
>>32419392

incineroar never will use it's speed and sp. atk, his hp is high, his atk is high, if it have ability to bulk up then it's justify more ev's into sp. def than in atk overall, this is just elementary school match, not smogon analysis, it's obvious that's impossible to make incineroar great but it's not impossible to balance his shit
>>
>>32419409
>dp
Here's your problem. Nice cherrypicking retard. This is the most irrelevant article you could've found
>>
>>32419409
>but it's not impossible to balance his shit
Probably not, but that's sure as shit not what you're doing right now.
>>
>>32419409
>this is just elementary school match, not smogon analysis

And this is why it's worse than the smogon analysis.
His atk is "high", yes, but there's no reason to not make it as high as possible to give him more possible 2HKOs.
Putting 60 into Def and 60 into SpDef is in most cases worse than just putting the combined 120 into HP.

>Incineroar never will use it's speed
This is wrong, btw. Especially since you talked about Tail Wind earlier. If you want to use Tail Wind you might as well invest into Speed EVs to make sure that it outspeeds certain threats after the Tail Wind boost.

Also the article you linked is from fucking Diamond/Pearl times.
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>32419464
>Also the article you linked is from fucking Diamond/Pearl times.

ye, because gf changed something
>>
>>32419464
>Putting 60 into Def and 60 into SpDef is in most cases worse than just putting the combined 120 into HP.

>he maximized hp
>putting leftover ev into def and sp. def for hp set is bad

dis is gonna be long day (ʘ‿ʘ)
>>
is there any "perfect" partner for incineroar?

I thought about starting with
arcanine for intimidate and snarl
and with something with reflect and light screen
to switch out and bulk up 2 times
>>
>>32419693

scarfed oranguru but incineroar should have brutal swing or physical fire move that hits all mon [which doesn't exist because gf is shit]
>>
>>32419705

to be honest I like fling idea for AssVest incineroar with berry [starf berry hazard looks fun] but maybe there's good combo z-move support
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-568164933

it's shit but under testing
>>
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-VGC-2017-Arcanine-Physical-Support-Movesets

>you are wrong juggling with EV's xD
>>
imo I would wait for trick room extender, incineroar with protect, fling [iron ball] flare blitz and darkest lariat with snarl and growl support
>>
>>32419519
>he maximized hp
>putting leftover ev into def and sp. def for hp set is bad

I did not imply that.
And you want to maximize Atk on Incineroar anyway, so you won't get into a situation where you maximized HP and still want to invest into bulk.
>>
>>32420246

dude... incineroar have capability to have high atk and bulk at the same time, it's okay if it have added more def stats because it's bulky attacker
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-568289311

rekt and rip, this is bullshit
>>
>>32421071

this iron ball set and I could possibly win but was greedy
>>
>>32421098

this is*
>>
>>32421106

why gf hate speed stat so much... there should be auto trick room+extender, it would balance game
>>
STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD FAGGOT!
>>
>>32421160

is that message to you from the future?
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-568343391

welp, I guess this is at least decent
>>
>>32421663

I didn't killed celesteela with incineroar because I had to protect from arcanine and I wouldn't burn it, either I would die from second earthquake and probably brutal swing wouldn't be enough for musdale
>>
>>32421762

I guess I will add sweeper musdale for helping hand combo, it's so fucking slow in trick room and have great stamina and atk
>>
>>32421663

>3+6=daredevil

anon...
>>
>>32421831

now I see it...
>>
>>32421831
>>32421838

intimidate
bulk up
brutal swing
male
flare blitz
protect
black hole eclipse
>>
>>32414624
Decidueye is not doing well in uu
>>
>>32414981
He is still great in RU, I got my highest ladder ranking ever with him and torkoal in RU
>>
>>32421941

>RU
>UU

what a noobs

>tfw sadfrog because you still agree with these limitations
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.