[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When a poorfag denies that the Switch is next home of main

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

>When a poorfag denies that the Switch is next home of main series of Pokemon
>When they're stupid enough to think this isn't the last year of life for the 3DS
>>
It's coming to 3DS and there's nothing you can do about it, fag. :)
>>
The next Pokemon game has to be on the Switch, I want my Pokemon to walk alongside me dammit.

(And also remove the cartoon lines from the 3D models and no laggy frame rate.)
>>
>>32414067
Enjoy parting with your $299.99+$59.99+tax+tip
>>
>>32414054
End of life just means Nintendo basically disowns it. If there's still any games in production (such as pokemon) they will get releases regardless.
>>
File: 1492128076926.jpg (226KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1492128076926.jpg
226KB, 1080x1440px
Post yfw the next Pokemon game is actually on xbox
>>
>>32414077
Walking pokemon is happening guaranteed anyway, the leaked walking models confirm it.

They won't throw away 800+ models and never use them.
>>
>>32414081
You're a bigger denialfag than even scolipedefag was.
>>
>>32414054
>poorfag
poorfag here
i don't even HAVE a 3ds
and my computer can't emulate one
>>
Just like Pokemon came to the WiiU!
>>
>>32414092
That isn't the models, it's just an animation. Well, for some of them, it's a new model, specifically for the ones that roll into a ball.

Anyway, the 3DS has already lasted longer than it should, and the time is right for it to be replaced.
>>
>>32414138
>handhelds cost much less than a computer

YOUR PARENTS ARE MORONS
>>
>>32414147
i had this computer since before ds.
>>
File: eol.png (233KB, 578x473px) Image search: [Google]
eol.png
233KB, 578x473px
>>32414099
>implying
>>
File: 1493212850301.gif (22KB, 280x296px) Image search: [Google]
1493212850301.gif
22KB, 280x296px
Japanese already knows what's up
>>
>>32414196
Newsflash: Japan thinks fpses are too violent
>>
>>32414214
>too violent
more likely, too infantile.

have you played valkyrie chronicles? this is how the japs do fps.
>>
>>32414196
>sales graphs
>just a mere two months after a console's release
>in japan
GEE I WONDER WHY
>>
>>32414141
Don't forget when pokemon was for sure coming to the GameCube next time because you can connect your GBA game!!!
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>32414078
You'll never see it commmmmminggggggggg, faggot
>he spent $300+ on a dead console
See you on the superior 3DS friend
>>
>>32414237
Japan is the main audience. Most decisions are made because of them
>>
>>32414196
>xbox one sold less than ps3
BTFO
>>
>>32414165
>original model
Wii was discontinued in 2013 dumbass.
>>
>>32414389
>implying the family edition meant anything
>>
>>32414471
That's like saying the ps3 was discontinued when they stopped making the original.
I think you might be legitimately retarded.
>>
>>32414054
>poorfag
I am a poorfag, and I totally think the next game should be on the Switch.
>>
>>32414523
And on the other side of things i'm an idort and bought a switch and don't think the next one will be on it.
>>
>>32414054
When they became richfags
>>
>>32414214
>too violent
A lot of popular games are violent as fuck. I think they just don't really like first person perspective for action-oriented titles.
>>
>>32414054
>poorfags
you mean most of the market?
>>
You absolute fucking faggots will make bait threads and argue about anything.

Watch.

The sky is blue.
>>
>>32415384
fuk yu u fuckin cunt faggoot
sky not blue
sky is nigger color because sun not in sky
>>
>>32415384
>The sky is blue
Das racist.
>>
Anyone who thinks the series won't move to the Switch come Gen VIII is delusional, however people who think 2017 will be the last year for the 3DS, though not necessarily Pokemon on 3DS, are also wrong.

>>32414230
>Valkyria Chronicles
>FPS
>>
>>32414142
Lots of new low poly models
>>
>>32415384
>sky is blue
What about at night, faggot?
>>
>>32415541
>hurr it involves startegy so it isn't fps
thats why you fps fans are so infantile. a game can have more than one layer.
next you gonna tell me aselia the eternal isn't a tactical game because its a VN.

>>32415761
then its a darker shade of blue :^3
>>
File: sky_color.png (26KB, 280x431px) Image search: [Google]
sky_color.png
26KB, 280x431px
>>32415384
>sky is blue
the sky isn't blue. the air is.
>>
File: psyduck.jpg (18KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
psyduck.jpg
18KB, 500x376px
>>32414078
>tip
>>
>>32415384
Sky is black right now yo
>>
>>32414147
not him but computers also last a lot longer than the life span of the 3ds and can be used for more than just games, and often parents will buy a computer the whole family can use where as a 3ds would probably only be used by their son.
>>
>>32414054
I want pokemon to be on the Switch, but those gamefreak interviews+Nintendo's latest statement after the New 2ds announcement on still focusing on the handheld market makes me feel that the next Pokemon game will still be on the 3ds. After that though, the 3ds will be dead by late 2018-2019 and a new solely handheld system will replace it.

If Nintendo can make it so you need to buy both systems to play all of the games you want, they'll do it. The Switch will be the main platform for Nintendo's main IPs and the 3ds and its succesor will still remain home to Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, and other handheld only games so you buy two systems just to play all of the exclusive games. It's a smart, but greedy move on Nintendo's part. It also won't end up with the Switch and the 3ds successor directly competing with one another, despite being portable, because both will have a much different game library from one another.

Then there's Gamefreak who has never made a home console game or a game on such a grand scale that's big enough to fill a switch cartridge. They've been getting lazier too, as seen in the cut Sun and Moon content and dialouge padding out the length of their games. I know they're hiring people to work on a possible Switch game, but I doubt it's mainline, though I'd be happy if it was.
>>
>>32414054
Well they just revealed a new 2ds
>>
>>32414054
Say what you want but you'll never be able to justify your buyers remorse for wasting money on a switch. 2DSXL was just announced today. Face it, 3DS is here to stay, all the Switch did was replace the Wii U
>>
>>32418352
>grand scale that's big enough to fill a switch cartridge.
Don't worry about that. GF knows nothing about optimization, so whenever they can throw in more lazy shit, they will.
Also the switch carts support like way too many niggabytes, there's no need to fill them all, and I don't think many games even will, considering the max capacity of a 3ds cart was 4GB, and I've only seen Bravely Default reaching that.
>>
File: 1486271122539.png (215KB, 478x328px) Image search: [Google]
1486271122539.png
215KB, 478x328px
>Nintendo calls the Switch a "home console"
>literally no indication of Switch having anything to do with the handheld market either (all games so far are console series & ports)
>people still somehow convinced it's going to have mainline Pokemon
We're going to have to deal with this for a while, aren't we
>>
>>32419094
and where will pokemon go after they stop selling the 3DS sometimes in 2018, smartass?
>>
>>32419104
either the 3DS will keep going since it's still successful or they've already planned a successor for release in the next ~2 years
>>
>>32419109
ahahaha ok honey, sure
>>
>>32419104
>2018
They just announced a new model. It's still got a good few years to go.
>>
>>32419113
good reasoning you have there
>>
>>32419144
>what is game boy micro

>>32419205
really queen? do I need to write this shit down for you again when it is plastered all over the internet? the switch was fucking born to be both and handheld and a console so they can
>gave definitely up on the spec race because it's not a proper console anymore
>cather to the handheld public and developers which always made Nintendo's fortune way more than the home division
>have all Nintendo franchises in just one place to assure the console it's never going to fail

What's the point in releasing a new handheld 2 years from now? They'll have a machine inferior to the Switch that they still need to sell at least at 199$, which is just 100 dollars short the Switch price. It would be madness. They've effectively retired from the PS/XBOX/PC race with the Switch, why the hell would they compete again against themselves, when they can throw Zelda, Mario, Splatoon, AC, Fire Emblem and Pokemon in one place and insure that the Switch will be an astounding success (and that it's without even counting Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Yokai Watch.. they're all going to move to the Switch) .
Believing that there is 3DS success is madness. They're keeping the 3DS around just as a lower price entry point into Nintendo's franchises, and there are hardly any new games coming out for it in 2017. This is a GBA situation, the 3DS is going to be dead by next christmas and the Switch is going to have all Nintendo's IP on it, making sure it will sell like crazy. Yes, even pokémon. Hell the smartest move of 'em all would be selling the Switch without a dock for 199 in a couple years with GEN VIII, and that one is going to fly off the shelves.
>>
>>32419421
>the switch was fucking born to be both and handheld and a console so they can
No it's a home console that can be portable, just because something is portable doesn't mean it's replacing the handheld market, just like Nintendo's mobile games aren't intruding their handheld market either. Financially, Nintendo has no reason to drop one of their products types completely when the console+handheld model has always worked for them and the Switch has already sold great without handheld-specific series like Pokemon. The argument that they won't make a 3DS successor just because it would be weaker than the Switch is also retarded since Nintendo has always used unique features and/or gimmicks to sell their systems, not power.
>>
>>32419520
Oh man how fucking thick are you?
Nintendo is a business, the point is power, the point is PRICE. A new handheld would eat directly into the Switch market and that's a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad business decision. One that even Nintendo is not stupid enough to make. Plus it's clear that the two consoles model it's not working anymore since the Wii U was a failure and they've fucking merged their hardware division into one.
To recap:
>Switch can be played on a TV but it's fundamentally and handheld since all its processing power is in the fucking tablet
>This means that Nintendo can put all their games, that traditionally have been on 2 separates console, in just one, since the Switch is both powerful and portable enough to handle them
>They keep the 3DS around a little while longer cause there are still plenty of titles waiting for localization, it's cheap, and sells to kids.

Is is tall clear? Do you need little drawings to better understand? What would be the point of releasing another handheld when the Switch is essentially one, thus eating in their own market now that they've finally shackled themselves free of the competition with Sony and the Switch is pretty much into its own segment? Have you any idea of how business work at all? Can you even imagine how fucking successful the Switch is going to be once Splatoon, Mario, SSBB, Fire Emblem, AC, Pokémon, Dragon Quest, Yokai Watch and Monster Hunter land on it? It's selling like hotcakes now that it's essentially a Zelda machine, wrap your head around a fully grown Switch for a moment and try to imagine again that they're going to have another console. What would be the purpose?
>>
>>32419547
>A new handheld would eat directly into the Switch market and that's a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad business decision
?? why are you pretending to know anything about Nintendo's business, or any business for that matter when you say retarded shit like this?

First thing you need to understand is that their console and handheld markets are not the same and the Switch is, straight from Nintendo's mouth, a home console. Having a portable component doesn't stop it from being part of the console market. You actually think Nintendo wants to have less profitable products, just because they share the function of being portable? It wouldn't eat into the Switch in a few years time when the Switch has already settled in and made an install base, and most importantly, would be different systems with different games and features.
>>
>>32419731
Pretending to not have sense is not funny, nor does it make you look cool. Stop taking everything literally and learn to read between the lines. If that's how they felt, then they shouldn't have made the Switch portable to start with, and yet they did. Online is the key. You need it to be portable. Until it goes up, the Switch is incomplete. Once it gets it, it can be a proper portable as they intended. I guarantee we will see a paradigm shift then. Until then, this is just hedging their bets. They have an outlet in case they fail, and the 3DS continues to get support for a while longer while we wait.
>>
>>32419771
>If that's how they felt, then they shouldn't have made the Switch portable to start with
Being portable is simply a part of the console, not the deciding feature that determines what market it's targeted to. What has online got to do with anything?
>>
>>32419914
Not the other guy but I'm just Gannon drop this for you to think about.

In Sun and Moon did you notice how the bottom screen has barley anything on it? How they moved most of its features to the top screen. How the online functions aka: festival plaza, are not on the bottom screen anymore? It becuse there already making do that Pokemon sun and moon can be emulated on the switch. I'm not saying a S&M port is coming, but it's obvious that their slowly making the bitten screen less reverent so that they can move to the switch.

7gen is the 3DS families last stop before gamefreak makes the switch.
>>
>>32419914
My point was if they wanted to ensure it wasn't going to eat into their portable market, then they shouldn't have made another portable, regardless of what it is. It's portable, it's in the portable market, no ifs ands or buts. To complete this function, though it NEEDS online. This is what makes portables portable. Yes, you can carry it with you, but you can't have a multimedia device without online connectivity, it's just wrong. Once they have the online running, it will be a proper portable and people will use it for such. Until then, it IS little more than a console you can carry with you and doesn't really have the power to be a portable to begin with because it dies instantly outside of it's cradle. And they DID mean for this thing to be carried outside the house. They'll probably fix that at a later date, but my point is what their intention is. If you're arguing this was supposed to be like the Wii U's gamepad alone, their marketing would not make sense in that matter. Not to mention they would be deluded to believe they COULD do that since it would be purposeless. It was meant to be taken out of the house. I don't know why they gave it such a weak battery in that case, but I digress. It is meant to be treated the same as any portable. It needs online to complete this function.
>>
>>32419961
On that: what the hell are they going to do with their "touch the pokemon to see stat buffs/debuffs"?
>>
>>32419731
>the Switch is, straight from Nintendo's mouth, a home console
It's just corporate talking. Nintendo also said they were going to keep supporting the Wii U (stopped making them before the Switch even came out) and that DS wasn't a GBA replacement. They just don't want to scare people (and investors) off, especially when their planned successor for both consoles hadn't even hit the shelves yet. Nintendo can even say that the Switch is an iPhone, that doesn't make it true. All of the Switch processing capabilities are on the tablet, so it's an handheld console. It's not Nintendo job to decide where their console fits, categories are done empirically and the Switch is, by all accounts, a very portable handheld console that can be hooked up to a tv.

>It wouldn't eat into the Switch in a few years time when the Switch has already settled in and made an install base, and most importantly, would be different systems with different games and features.
Do you have any idea of how business work? Have you ever taken at least are economy or marketing 101, you ignorant fuck? Why would they release a competitor for their own console, especially a few years down the line when the Switch is cheaper to make? Are you just arguing for the hell of it?

>>32419914
Oh yeah, right, they purposely made a very important decision like the form factor of their main product just for the sake of it and without a real plan in mind, again, do you even know how business work?
>>
>>32419988
That's a feature that can be retconned my friend, it wouldn't be the first time gamefreak has done this.
>>
>>32420022
Okay, but it would be really cluttered to put the battle menu on the same screen as the display. We've gone for ages with the screen more or less as clear as it can get while still displaying the HP and stuff. They'd have to make the menu as unintrusive as they can, and they can't do it with the camera flying all over the place.
>>
>>32420366
Hopefully game freak can find a way to make it look as nice as persona 5's battle menu.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.