[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vp/ think of Mythical Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: poke_group.png (418KB, 651x465px) Image search: [Google]
poke_group.png
418KB, 651x465px
What does /vp/ think of Mythical Pokemon?
>>
>>32413312
They would better if they made the past ones- like give them a couple of generations to be 'mythical' them make them catchable ingame- like with ayy lamo in ORAS

I mean you gotta catch them all.
>>
>>32413320
There's way too fucking many of them and the same goes for all legendaries, Gen 3 started this shitty trend and then Gen 4 and 5 went way overboard.
Also they are just tool to give the Nintendo the ability to force players to depend on their events and special distribution in order to complete their Pokedex

And most importantly, most of them are ugly as hell anyway.
>>
>>32413312
Some of them have amazing designs, and I wish they were easier to obtain. I mean sure, having t be event only makes them feel "special" to many but it just bugs me a little.
I like it when they end up like Deoxys or Magearna.
>>
>>32413344
They are also tools to promote the movies. Every mythical gets a movie and it's during the release that the pokemon becomes available for the first time.
>>
I wish I could throw them on the GTS, or at least make it so you can't ask for one.
>>
>>32413312
keldeo a cute
>>
>>32413312
Always hated they assume you live on the first world. Also that gf, keen on getting new players, still makes them event only when that's pretty much the only disadvantage a new player has. Not needing then for the diploma is bullshit as there are still holes in the dex.

Imo, they should make all the old ones available in game like deoxys. Maybe leave previous gen (now 6) to have a few eventmons to use but put them in games later.
>>
File: 1487491787333.png (334KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
1487491787333.png
334KB, 600x770px
I like Victini
>>
>>32413431
>Always hated they assume you live on the first world
If you live on Mars you are too far to buy Pokemon games anyway.
>>
>>32413465
Gf pls
>>
I like the idea of ultra-rare Pokémon that can't be caught under normal circumstances, but the event-only aspect of them sucks.

I'd prefer it if they were obtainable in-game through some special, non-plot-related event where you can actually catch them yourself, except with some difficult requirement that needs to be met before you can fight them.

e.g.
>catch every "portal" legendary in ORAS
>Poké mart cashier gives you a prison bottle
>you can now fly to a mirage island where Hoopa can be battled

or
>beat steven for the third time
>he invites you to go digging with him in meteor falls
>you end up unearthing an odd diamond
>turns out it was Diancie, who attacks you for clouting it with a pickaxe
>you get the diancite from the Pokémon center event as normal

I wouldn't mind event distributions still existing, I'd just prefer it if there was some other, more convoluted method of getting mythicals within the actual games themselves.
>>
>>32413553
The thing is the new director of game freak (can never remember that fucking hacks name) doesn't think players even play the post game at all. He has multiple quotes stating so, it's part of why the post game is so kill on SM
>>
I like it when when they have actual lore connections to the region or at least to other legendaries in the region, and have events where you visit their home and catch them like most of the Sinnoh mythicals did.

It really sucked that all of the Gen VI mythicals were lacking in any of that. Hoopa doesn't even seem like it belongs in the Kalos region. In fact, XY sucked in general for legendary lore. Unfortunately, Magearna sort of continues that, since it has clear connections to Kalos, not Alola. I guess we'll see with Marshadow though.
>>
>>32413431
>>32413553
Thing is it's all part of a strict system by now. Mythicals are featured in yearly movies were japanese audiences get the pokemon by buying tickets, the movies in turn promotes the games and has merchandise... straying from this formula would risk their safe and already proven sources of profit.
>>
>>32413665
I'm pretty sure they dont have to promote the darkrai movie anymore though.
>>
I like a lot of them, but the fact that you can't use them in competitive play makes them kinda useless to me.
>>
>>32413312
That fucking programmer that added Mew very late in the game must be dead.
>>
>>32414454
That literally saved the series though
>>
>>32413392
Meloetta though
>>
File: 1488839753222.jpg (161KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1488839753222.jpg
161KB, 1024x1448px
Why is Meloetta even a Mythical. She didn't even get a movie like the rest.
>>
>>32413344
>most of them
>ugly

I think you meant the opposite, you contrarian fag
>>
>>32414521
>>32414525
Maybe since Victini technically got two movies a sacrifice had to be made.
The last Sinnoh movie also had Zoroark rather than an Unova mythical.
>>
>>32413761
>the darkrai movie
They may this year since it's the 10th anniversary.
>>
File: 1482007003020.jpg (277KB, 799x596px) Image search: [Google]
1482007003020.jpg
277KB, 799x596px
>>32413312
There are way more than necessary but at least they're cute.
>>
>>32414454
Thanks to mew pokemon exist
The game sold like any other one until mew event happened
>>
As it stands, we would lose nothing if they were retconned.

That said, I would like if they went with some of their older routes, where you could catch them in-game rather than... some random person giving you them. It's not satisfying. At all.

Sometimes I skip out on mythical events because I just don't care about gettinf as many as I can. Obviously I collect them, but not en masse like others do. It's just not worth it to me to have 10 Arceus, for example.
>>
>>32413312
>Mew
Good

>Celebi
Good

>Jirachi
Good

>Arceus
Good

>Manaphy
Meh

>Darkrai
Good

>Victini
Shit

>Shaymin
Shit

>Keldeo
Cancer

>Genesect
Good

>Meloetta
Meh
>>
>>32418596
You forgot
>Deoxys
GOAT
>>
>>32413312
I think Keldeo is the coolest most awesomest best pony
>>
>>32413312
They are too predictable now. It's boring.
>>
I hate that they aren't allowed to be traded on GTS.

I want a Manaphy so I can breed for a shiny of the cutest Pokemon around.
>>
>>32413312
Jirachi is the cutest and therefore the best.
Diancie is also good.
The others can go sit and spin.
>>
>>32413783
You can't even use them in the Battle Maison, Battle Tree, or Battle Royal during post-story play where the real difficulty is; and mythicals/legendaries are too OP against the Elite 4 that you can battle over and over again. Mine are just rotting in my Pokebank unused
>>
>>32418898
>>32413423

>>>/mlp/
>>
Mew and Celebi are ok.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.