[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about Salazzle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: salazzle.jpg (34KB, 306x380px) Image search: [Google]
salazzle.jpg
34KB, 306x380px
When i first saw Salazzle, my first thoughts were: "oh great, another fucking waifubait, they ruined salandit." But my opinion changed.

I think Salandit is one of the best first stage mons of the whole dex. It has an amazing design and cool new typing. You can't improve perfection. So what else could the evolution have been, other than a bigger Salandit?

I think they did a great a job at making a nice twist in the evolution, instead of another "it just gets bigger" episode. Salazzle is a cool pokemon, and it makes me sad how most people consider it waifubait.

>b-but look at those hips and curves!

It's a fast lizard thief, what else did you expect? Would you have been happier if she was an ugly fat bitch like Nidoqueen?

I'll say it again: SALAZZLE IS NOT FOR FUG. She was not made to please your weird fetishes. You fucking waifufag degenerates should just go masturbate to Primarina and stop giving a bad reputation to Salazzle.
>>
File: 1488229204633.png (67KB, 334x229px) Image search: [Google]
1488229204633.png
67KB, 334x229px
>>32412913
I've never cared about what a "waifubait" is. That word is meaningless. If a Pokemon looks good, it being feminine, or a "waifu", isn't going to change anything. Only actually autistic people complain about that. For that reason, I thought Salazzle was good when i first saw it, and I think it's great after using it.
>>
it's literally a lizard with eyelashes
if the first word that came to mind when you saw it was "waifu" you're a closet furry
>>
>>32412913
I could have agreed with you, but mentioning Primarina just makes you look downright hypocritical and salty.
>>32412922
This I completely agree with.
>>
Never cared about the design much. I loved Salandit. I wish Salazzle kept that burglar look upon evolving but whatever. No use crying over it. Actually, while I miss that bandit motif, Salazzle keeps enough of its previous form while still looking different enough to feel unique. It's not just Salandit but bigger.

Salazzle was fun to use in SM. Nasty Plot made it a surprisingly useful sweeper.

Corrosion is a fun ability too. I wonder, though, would Merciless have fit Salazzle better than Toxapex? Salazzle is more frail. I think it would really fit the glass cannon role with Merciless where Toxapex would be better suited its Corrosion.

Regardless, I like it. I'm not a fan of Fire types at all. In fact, Salazzle is one of only three fire types I actually enjoy. The others are Volcarona and Chandelure.
>>
>>32412913
It's not the first time that we have a feminine design, since gen 1 we have things like Jynx, Wigglytuff and Nidoqueen, I think claiming that "most pokemon are waifubaits now" is baffling too, I see Salazzle just like any other Pokemon.
>>
File: malandit.png (136KB, 523x612px) Image search: [Google]
malandit.png
136KB, 523x612px
>>32412913
That's not the problem.
I still wanted to use a male one...just a small gender difference, it wasn't that hard! But they had to make the evolution female only again for "some reasons".
>>
>>32412957
Gallade came a gen after Garde. There's still a chance even if it's absolutely minuscule.
>>
>>32412957
Did you also complain about how female Samurott has beards, and that you wanted a small gender difference? Same for Drampa, that you also wanted a Dragma?
>>
>>32412913
I feel its based on a mix of sexy mistress mixed with a femme fatale, master thief.
>>
>>32412957
Huh...I genuinely like this
>>
>>32412971
I want a dragma
>>
When I saw Salazze I said "okay I'm fine with that. It reminds me of Nina from Tekken"
Honestly I would've been more dissapointed if it evolved into something predictable. I was so fucking dissapointed with Golisopod
>>
>>32412992
>I was so fucking dissapointed with Golisopod
I was with you until that part. I don't think Golisopod that good looking and find it to be vastly overrated in terms of design, but I still like it and think it was a good evolution for Wimpod.
>>
File: fabulous male.jpg (597KB, 2149x1893px) Image search: [Google]
fabulous male.jpg
597KB, 2149x1893px
>>32412967
Yeah I hope, but that's not really the same, you were still able to evolve into a male Gardevoir, it's was not female only compared to here.
>>32412971
Both sex can still evolve for Samurott, it's not the same, I don't mind for cases like Samurott or Primarina.
And yes,...I actually wanted a Dragma, it would have been neat!
>>
>>32413002
>it's not the same,
What is the difference, then? The encounter rate of female Salandit? Because otherwise, there's no difference.

And for all the people liking the Dragma idea, I have NEVER seen anyone complain about Drampa. We all want new Pokemon, so no one would say "no" to getting a new Pokemon like Dragma, but if you're not complaining about Drampa, I doubt you really care.
>>
>>32413000
I'm fine with it. I tried using it because I use every new mon that comes my way but it was straight up fucking terrible.
I just feel like they tried way too hard to make it cool and badass and overdid it
>>
File: jijiiron.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
jijiiron.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>32413014
>What is the difference, then?
>>32412957
>I still wanted to use a male one
>evolution female only again for "some reasons"

For Dragma, that's something I discussed with a friend before the release because of the name, it's not something I would complaint about and really care that much but it trigger me too, it's an other missed opportunity and kinda weird...

Unlike Mr.Mime, japanese of name of Drampa is Jijiiron (Jijii = old man), here the sex is implied in the name, so you would expect either a male only pokemon or an eventual female counterpart like Babaaron (babaa = old woman).
>>
>>32413098
>I still wanted to use a male one
>evolution female only again for "some reasons"
So it has nothing to do with the Pokemon, rather just its gender ratio. Good to know.

>it's an other missed opportunity and kinda weird...
You can say that about LITERALLY every Pokemon without gender differences, especially the masculine ones.
>>
>>32412913
>a Pokemon
>waifubait

I will never understand applying this ideology to a Pokemon, aside from Gardevoir who literally grows what looks like a wedding dress as a Mega.
>>
>>32413022
>I'm fine with it. I tried using it because I use every new mon that comes my way but it was straight up fucking terrible.
Golisopod is alright (at least in-game) if you use First Impression, Golisopod has a good base attack stat of 125 and First Impression has both priority and is a STAB.

>I just feel like they tried way too hard to make it cool and badass and overdid it
I don't personally feel this, there's many "edgy" pokemon since the inception of the franchise, I have no doubt that Golisopod was made with inspiration from Kabutops, still a great mon in its own right, though.
>>
File: machamp gender.png (175KB, 670x450px) Image search: [Google]
machamp gender.png
175KB, 670x450px
>>32413112
>>32413112
>You can say that about LITERALLY every Pokemon without gender differences, especially the masculine ones
Yes but it's more about the apparence, who is male/female looking by our human standard.
It's more weird when it's implied both in the name and the appearance while still being able to have both sex.
>>
File: IMG_2338.jpg (58KB, 749x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2338.jpg
58KB, 749x437px
>>32412913
>>
>>32413161
Looks like a vag
>>
Corrosion is my favourite ability but it's wasted on Salazzle. Why poison Ferrothorn or Skarmory when you can 1 hit it with stab flamethrower. I think Toxapex and Salazzle got their abilities mixed up somewhere down the line
>>
>>32413174
Corrosion is more for bulky poisons and Heatran
>>
>>32413205
The only time I can think of corrosion being useful is for Mega Venusaur, Heatran, Toxapex and Tenticruel. It's wasted on a Pokemon that is also part fire and is a glass canon, the whole point of corrosion is to outstall steel types
>>
>>32412913
>Liking the lizard
Shame, Anon. Shame.
>>
File: literallysalazzle.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
literallysalazzle.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>32412913
Same. I wanted a bulky Komodo dragon evo for the greatest mon of all time but quickly warmed up to the tripoding goanna it turned into. I'm a little sad that eviolite salandit has worse bulk than salazzle, but salazzle is a great mon in its own right. Doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.
>>
File: quality lizard.png (559KB, 1024x1311px) Image search: [Google]
quality lizard.png
559KB, 1024x1311px
Salazzle is too smol (she's 3'11''/1.2m) and too cute for fug

Salazzle is for hug, not fug.
>>
>>32412913
my main complaint about it is that it's another combee situation where 7/8ths of the species is completely useless and can't evolve

seriously, couldn't male combee evolve into an entire hive of the little fuckers? Or in the case of Salandit just straight up make it a female only pokemon.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.