[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0264.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0264.png
5KB, 240x160px
Is there any legit way in 2017 to catch deoxys in Emerald/Ruby or Sapphire without using any cheat codes? Playing on gameboy advance, nindendoDS
>>
Cheating is legit
>>
>>32404333
yeah as long as you only use it to obtain the ticket, it's legit

You can only get the ticket through cheats anymore, and that's the legit way of catching Deoxys/Lugia/Ho-oh (besides the Gamecube games for the latter two)
>>
thank you for reply. I should download emerald and play it on PC instead.
>>
>>32404327
Hack in the tickets, apply the Ticket Code to make the sailor actually notice you have them, and that's it. From there you don't have to cheat any more. You just have to unlock the area, the rest can be done legit.

Emerald is best, it also has Mew. The ONLY Mew that's been available in-game.
>>
>>32404428
well only if you don't count mews available via glitching in gen 1.
>>
>>32404445
nintendo doesn't
you can do the glitch in the DS shop versions but it can't go to pokebank
>>
Just an idea but isn't it possible to glitch out of the boundaries by doing something like in gen IV where you have to ride your bike across loading point very fast until the game can't keep up with it anymore?
If so you could probably do that and then navigate your way over there unless the area actually only spawns if you have the ticket which could very well be the case.
>>
>>32404428

what's the point though can't get mew anymore without gameshark
>>
Use a time machine to return when the eventa were oficial :^)
Pretty legit imo
>>
>>32404428
>Emerald is best, it also has Mew. The ONLY Mew that's been available in-game.

Pokemon Bank will block Faraway Island Mews that aren't from Japanese copies, so there's a bit of an issue you'll have to get around.
>>
>>32404327
As far as it goes, no, you need a ticket or cheats. I once heard a rumor that if you beat the elite 4 and champion 20 times you could get it, but it did not work for me.
>>
What about those Italian guys?
>>
>>32404741
Since when? Didn't block mine.
>>
All the legendaries are in ORAS.
>>
You can send in your game cart to Nintendo Italy and they'll do it:
https://www.nintendo.it/Notizie/2009/Pokemon-fan-un-nuovo-indirizzo-per-Nintendo-Italia--260440.html
>>
>>32404500
There's a way to glitch the glitch mew until the game glitches the glitch and makes the glitch Mew legit. Look it up.
>>
It's theoretically possible with arbitrary code execution. I've been looking into it some but it looks like a massive time investment and the process isn't really refined (or completely understood) on-console yet.
>>
>>32404741
Bank isnt blocking shit.
I even managed to get through a shiny 6*31 faraway island mew all the way to SM.
>>
I'll just leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOEwPnv2TFM
>>
>>32404500

you can do a Abritary data excutuion glitch to change the mew's OT.

the pokebank only checks for level 100 and the OT.
>>
>>32410290
Can't you just name yourself GF and get the OT name out of the way?
>>
>>32404327
NO OP, there is no way to do it legitimately. Your Pokemon will be considered legal, but NOT legitimate

See the legal/legit chart definition: http://www.tsanth.com/images/legal_legit_chart_v1.gif
>>
>>32404327
Hoenn Dex Edition is as legit as you can get now.
>>
>>32410801
For example, Hall of Origin Arceus is legitimate as it is only obtainable through tweaking.
>>
>>32410862
>tfw the same reason for not doing the Arceus event was the same as not having tne Battle Frontier.
I'm still salty.
>>
>>32410862
>>32410862
>>32410862

By convention, you are incorrect, since tweaking falls under the definition of shortcuts. Furthermore, the distribution for Azure Flute never occurred, and Bank does not pass non-level 100 Arceus; it's pretty clear it's illegitimate. Keep it if you like, but the majority of the community subscribes to a specific definition of legitimacy

See: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/40135-is-a-shiny-glitch-mew-legal/
>>
>>32409404
Yeah there's a way to essentially trigger getting an egg that can hatch any Pokemon you want but it's ridiculously complicated.
>>
>>32410862
IIRC Hall Of Origin Arceus was never available through tweaking either, since the Arceus doesn't even appear until the Azure Flute activates the script for that. Something like a Newmoon Island Darkrai from Diamond or Pearl would probably be a better example.
>>
>>32404333
>>32404351
Cheating gives you a legal Pokémon, which is in no way the same as a legit Pokémon.

I guarantee you if you go to any serious trading community and offer up your so-called "legit" Deoxys that you got by sharking in the event ticket, you will get laughed out of there if not banned. People without integrity like you are the reason traders require such strict proof for events nowadays.
>>
>>32411796
This is hyper autism. I just wouldn't tell them I sharked it.
Pretty sure OP just wants it for personal use anon.
>>
>>32404741
Bank wont block shit
>>
>>32404327
There's a tool for gen 3 called Trigger's PC. It's a bit like Pokemon Box for gamecube but better. You can trade items and mons between saves and when you beat the Elite Four it let's you activate all the events/e-reader stuff for your version. You should check it out if you're still playing gen 3
>>
>>32411796
>serious trading community
lmao autism
>>
>>32411830
at that point, why not be more hands on about altering your saved data?
>>
>>32411818
You can choose to not tell them. And they can (and will) choose to not believe you.

You may call it autism but I'm dead serious, and it's part of the reason I haven't been a big trader since gen 4 days. Back then the hacking situation was as bad or even worse believe it or not. But there was a gentleman's agreement in most trading communities to observe the rigorous divide between legit/legal/illegal pokémon. You could get by on a good reputation alone or maybe photo evidence at most if you were new.

But it's different today and the injecters all have a self-righteous attitude as though the legal/legit distinction is no longer relevant. Check the gamefaqs or even reddit trading threads and people are often posting full timestamped videos of wondercard redemptions. You just can't be a serious trader anymore without keeping a lengthy paper trail, and it has kind of killed it for me. Even with very recent events like the Pokémon 20 mythics or Volcanion and Hoopla, where people should have no reason to be lying unless they were living under a rock for all of 2016, rigorous proof of redemption is demanded by the community as a rule. And I frankly can't blame them.

With it being relatively easy to obtain mythics nowadays, I don't even bother with trading much at all anymore. There's much less stress knowing I have redeemed my own legit Pokémon, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna post them for trade only to have some hacker demand their papers and pedigree.
>>
I don't really understand why it's possible to get glitches mews through pokebank. even if to hack it to make it look legit you still can't get mew legit in the 3ds versions of gen 1 so why does pokebank allow it?
>>
>>32411939
>you still can't get mew legit in the 3ds versions of gen 1 so why does pokebank allow it?
yes you can, event happened last year for gen 1 vc games
>>
>>32411939
Japan and the UK got Mew events for the gen 1 VC games.
>>
just inject lol
>>
>>32411796
I'm the original poster of the "cheating is legit" thing. I was not serious and just posted it as a joke. If you take a good look at it, it is real though.

I'm sorry that you got mad. I didn't intend to do such a thing. It's just how the world works, I think you have to move on sometimes, and not look at things in such detail, especially video games.

I'm not going to call you an autist, I respect your fairness, but honestly, just move on.
>>
>>32411796
>which is in no way the same as a legit Pokémon.
They are legit as long as you forget you cheated them in, only you know you inject.
>>
>>32410290
Any level works, famioli.

>>32410577
You also need the correct ID, and reseting until you get it isn't exactly as fast.
>>
It's obviously not legit, but there's a way to hatch almost any Pokemon in Emerald without cheat codes, it's a bit complex though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eT4LSacTr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOEwPnv2TFM
>>
>>32408103
Huh, that's actually interesting.
>>
>>32412705
>any level works
Untrue, the Mew has to be above Level 5.
>>
>>32408103
Yes, this is the actual legit way.
I have relatives in Italy and asked them to send all of my Spanish GBA games to Nintendo to get all the different tickets.
They are legit and because of that there is no excuse to me to cheat those tickets into the game.
Some guy on reddit offers even a service for that but it's 40 bucks so don't do that.
>>
>>32404565
It doesn't work like that in Gen 3
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.