[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon/Human Breeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Cute Birds!.png (266KB, 640x568px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Birds!.png
266KB, 640x568px
I'm genuinely curious: can humanoid pokemon and humans reproduce? I'm guessing not because they may lack the same genitalia, but there are male and female pokemon, implying that there is some form of intercourse.

Pic unrelated, it's just cute.
>>
Nobody knows. The whole thing is unexplained for both humans and pokemon.
>>
>>32402644
Well, yeah, that's what the breeders say, but how do pokemon reproduce? There's obviously some way that pokemon come into existence.
>>
magic
>>
>>32402654
And you'll never know.
>>
File: Matpatody.jpg (118KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
Matpatody.jpg
118KB, 1024x634px
>>32402722
Well, that's why I made this thread: TO THEORIZE!
>>
>>32402778
You should've said so instead of just asking a question, the people here don't understand that.

If you want theories, I say they definitely can.
>>
>>32402623
No, you fucking retard. Take a biology class.
>>
Pokemon can reproduce with all sorts of weird other pokemon so it should be possible in the universe's logic.
>>
>>32402833
That's the thing. There is reason to believe the mechanics for breeding exist outside of the lore of the world. None of it is stated by the game itself, it has only been in guides and such.
>>
there is lore that implies that pokemon and humans got married. do what you will with that
>>
>>32402623
>>32402833
>>32402855
Kys all. Pokemon can't reproduce, and you're all fucking retards for thinking that they can.
>>
>>32403004
You can't fool me with that. The pokeworld totally has the same terminology that we do. If they didn't, they might as well be speaking a foreign language.
>>
>>32403037
what if pokemon dont have genitals
>>
https://archiveofourown.org/works/2038842
This was fairly interesting to read... just seemed appropriate for this thread.
>>
>>32403271
The lore still talks of pokemon having babies and having eggs and hatching from eggs. There is clearly some form of reproduction going on.
>>
>>32402623
Humans can impregnate all pokemon.
>>
>>32402654
Yes but gf makes it clear on the franchise guidelines that its not supposed to be known.

>>32402855
>outside of the lore
You mean inside, outside of the lore would be the breeding mechanics we use and exploit.
>>
>>32405434
Could you run that by me again, because I swear that IS what I'm saying. Everything about breeding does not exist in the lore, other than the matter it apparently exists, but nothing about how it works is known.
>>
Humans can't even breed with chimpanzees and we share 99% of DNA, what makes you think they would be able to breed with a Pokemon?
>>
>>32405454
But you said that breeding exists outside the lore. It exists within the lore as it is an inuniverse aspect. There's just no proper explanation and even if there were, it would be always in the lore, not outside it.

Outside the lore would be the gameplay and franchise domains.
>>
>>32405465
And horses and donkeys don't even have the same amount of chromosomes, and yet a mule can exist, although it is sterile.
>>
>>32405476
No, I said the MECHANICS of breeding exist outside the lore, not breeding itself.
>>
>>32405481
Also, how dare you! The rest of the franchise is as much a part of pokemon as the games are. The games are not the only thing there is, nor should they be treated as if they are the only explanation. Ideas evolve all the time, and the original is never what people stick with.
>>
File: 1488322362785.png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
1488322362785.png
83KB, 264x238px
>>32402623
It's just a game, bro.
>>
>>32405481
Wait, you mean the mechanics as in the gameplay mechanics? Then I stand corrected.

That said, not every aspect of the breeding mechsnics is outside the lore. Egg groups for instance arent.

>>32405495
>Also, how dare you! The rest of the franchise is as much a part of pokemon as the games are.
When did I say otherwise?

>Ideas evolve all the time, and the original is never what people stick with.
Kinda ironic you say this while discussing pokemon.
>>
>>32405507
Actually I don't think egg groups have ever actually been mentioned in game. All the info regarding that comes from outside sources.
>>
>>32405505
So no one is allowed to play around with the ideas? Yeah, no. Screw you.

>>32405507
What part of the games are egg groups mentioned? I do not know of one.

>Outside the lore would be the gameplay and franchise domains.

So the rest of the franchise is outside the lore? That is what it sounds like.

Yes, I do say that. Admittedly, I do not possess the demographics to say how many people are stuck in the past, though I should know it's a lot. I still believe more people are not stuck in the past, though, and most of it is an exaggeration perpetuated by the Internet. The rest is the media not knowing bupkis, like always. I refuse to include them on a discussion of the fandom. Even if I am wrong about generational disputes, I DO know that most people disagree with how the pokemon world is portrayed.
>>
>>32405536
*knowing bupkis*
>>
File: 1480529711851.png (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480529711851.png
55KB, 500x500px
>>32403004
>>
>>32405518
Iirc there was a library with them.

Even then, if you put two incompatible pokemon the caretaker tells you they prefer to play with other pokemon, whereas if they're compatible he/she tells you otherwise and have an egg so it is reflected in the lore.

>>32405536
>So the rest of the franchise is outside the lore? That is what it sounds like.
Ok, I wont blame you for interpreting it that way but by franchise I meant the purely business side of the franchise, the irl level, not the lore of the other products of the franchise.

>I still believe more people are not stuck in the past, though, and most of it is an exaggeration perpetuated by the Internet.
Have you talked about pokemon outside fan communities?

>I refuse to include them on a discussion of the fandom.
They arent part of the fandom so you're correct, but we werent discussing the pokemon fandom.

>Even if I am wrong about generational disputes, I DO know that most people disagree with how the pokemon world is portrayed.
That's an exageration. At most you get westerners disliking arceus or literally peta.
>>
>>32405657
There is literally a mountain of things I constantly see people saying don't make sense in the pokemon world, and this is one of the most prominent ones, to the point where I see few fan fictions that actually follow the game mechanics. Yes, that may be because I know an entirely different community and haven't seen what most fans drum up in years. Okay, fine, but at least I won't agree with most of the fandom and even question WHY they so desperately cling to only what is told to them without questioning it's logic. Be that as it may, the franchise itself is still bigger than what they think it is. Then again, I reject the franchise as a whole and say that none of it is an adequate explanation. I know I am the only one that does.

I know what you will ask me, why am I here if I reject how the pokeworld is portrayed? It has always been the creatures themselves I was concerned about. I should probably be more pissed off considering I know I cannot get the consistency I ask for. Heck, not even evolution, the very reason I got into pokemon in the first place, is that consistent. I still like the creatures, though. I even recognize I probably should not be here, at this site. I am starting to question why it is I play the games anymore since what I want it to be about is not the reason for it's existence. The rest of the franchise? The closest I get is Mystery Dungeon.

All I wanted was to love my pokemon in peace. I don't care if you won't let me do that. I don't care if anyone else doesn't let me do that. I don't care if Gamefreak themselves won't let me do that. I will do it! You won't stop me! If it has to be in a way that doesn't match any official portrayal, then so be it! Fuck them all. I will make the pokemon world whatever I want, and you will have to kill me to stop me! I will die happy!
>>
Was...was >>32405867 autism?
>>
>>32405881
Fuck society, too. You don't know when to fucking mind your own business. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1477092409486.png (143KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477092409486.png
143KB, 540x540px
I wasn't expecting this thread to have meaningful discussion, but I was expecting it to at least be understandable. What is even going on?
>>
File: 1492790101147.jpg (143KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1492790101147.jpg
143KB, 500x650px
>>32405893
XDDD
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.