[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Starters All-Around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: download (38).jpg (9KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
download (38).jpg
9KB, 301x167px
In which games where you most indecisive about your choice of starters? This is a simple thread, do not evolve into gen/starterwar.
I have to say Kanto.
>>
>>32400104
Kanto and Hoenn, basically
>>
I can never decide between totodile and cyndaquil
>>
In Kalos, but not because I liked them all but rather the opposite.
>>
>>32400104
Hoenn probably.
>>
Hoenn, for sure.
Nowadays I just go with Mudkip, though.
>>
Johto (Cyndaquil or Totodile?) and Unova (MAYBE Snivy, I guess).
>>
Kanto and Hoenn
>>
File: 1492999749030.jpg (30KB, 843x713px) Image search: [Google]
1492999749030.jpg
30KB, 843x713px
Johto, but also unova. I don't like unova starters very much (fuck emboar) but I really like other grass and water types in the game.
>>
Kanto and Hoenn, maybe Sinnoh
>>
Kanto and Hoenn
>>
Kanto and Sinnoh are the only regions where I like all starters equally. Johto too, but overall I like them less than Kanto and Sinnoh.
>>
Kanto is always tied with bulba or squirtle.
Johto I pick totodile but I'm partial to Cyndaquil in SoulSilver.
Hoenn is for Mudkip.
Sinnoh is Piplup.
Unova is utterly indecisive (I just use the nuzlocke method)
Kalos is everstone Chespin.
Alola I originally chose Poplio but boxed her and made Mimikyu my "starter".
>>
Kanto because I like them all, but not massively and not any one more than the rest, unlike every other gen where I have more clear favourites.
>>
Kanto - the base forms are too similar. They all share the same face, so much as you could colour charmanders head in blue and it's basically be squirtle. Doesn't help bulbasaur is blue like squirtle too, lacks colour diversity, all based on reptiles.

Johto - They're all cute, though I wish Cyndaquil stuck to more fire based colour palette. The final evolutions are a bit generic.

Hoenn - Great, diverse species choices. Represent their elements well. Evolutions are creative and stick to the original concepts. takes 2nd place.

Sinnoh - can't be beat. Diverse species choices with all evolutions looking badass. Colour compliment each other well and fit in with their region. Diverse body shapes and features, based on legends. Takes first place.

Unova - Pig ruins it by beung uncreative and another fire/fighting. No idea why Samurott is not standing up, and Serperior is a bit generic.

Kalos - start of the slim/macho/feminine approach to the starters. I guess the idea is that there will be one for everyone, and while the first forms look great, delphox and chesnaught look like people in suits due to their humanoid appearance.

Alola - same problem as Kalos except way worse as they took the slim/macho/feminine concept and went the whole ten yards with it, delivering the most furbait starters to date. Shame, as the first forms are the best.
>>
>>32400104
Hoenn and Sinnoh I guess
>>
>>32400104
I've never had any problems deciding on starters, but overall my favourite set would be Unova's and I do wish I could use all three in a run without injecting.
>>
File: maxresdefault-29.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-29.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>32400692

>Doesn't help bulbasaur is blue like squirtle too, lacks colour diversity

Are you colorblind?
>>
>>32400692
How can you say that Kalos and Alola starters are to much humanoid, but then say that Hoenn starters are great ?

>>32400104
It's always hard to choose a starter for Sinnoh because they're all awesome.
It's also quite hard to choose a starter for Johto because they're all shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.