[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UB general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1200px-UB-02_Absorption.png (821KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-UB-02_Absorption.png
821KB, 1200x1200px
What's your opinion on Ultra Breasts?
Do you think alien Pokemon that look nothing like normal Pokemon are a nice twist to the series?
What is your favorite one?
Why is the giant crab dragon final boss the weakest one while the anorexic cockroach girl is the best one?
>>
File: 1486633753866.png (562KB, 1031x710px) Image search: [Google]
1486633753866.png
562KB, 1031x710px
They're my favorite additions to the series since Volcarona.
>>
>>32399472
Lore wise, they're great. Aesthetically? They're interesting. Competitively, they fucked up a lot of things.
>>
I'm not really sure how I feel about the UB's. I like the designs aside from guzzlord and buzzwole (guzzlord has too much going on; buzzwole I just don't care for). But I wish that they would have played a bigger role in the games - nihilego was the only one who played a part in the story at all. That and how easy they were to fight and catch. They could have doubled the content of s/m by making the UB quest the postgame, making each individual UB actually difficult to find, fight, and capture. It just seemed like such a waste of potential. So I guess I like them, but not what gf did with them.
>>
>>32399472
>Do you think alien Pokemon that look nothing like normal Pokemon are a nice twist to the series?
Yes, but I don't think the UBs went far enough with it.
Nihilego, Pheromosa, Xurkitree and Kartana don't really look all that different from regular Pokémon, and Guzzlord just looks like a Gen 3/Gen 4 era legendary. Only Buzzwole and Celesteela really look different from regular Pokémon, but that's mainly because they're much more detailed than the average Pokémon.
>>
>>32399472
>What's your opinion on Ultra Breasts?
Put me in the screencap.
>Do you think alien Pokemon that look nothing like normal Pokemon are a nice twist to the series?
In a word, yes.
>What is your favorite one?
I like Kartana for multiple reasons.
>Why is the giant crab dragon final boss the weakest one while the anorexic cockroach girl is the best one?
Subversion of expectations, kind of like the concept of Ultra Beasts as Pokemon in itself.
>>
>>32399586
>Guzzlord just looks like a Gen 3/Gen 4 era legendary
Name one that looks even remotely similar.
>>
File: 1490107217083.png (616KB, 790x628px) Image search: [Google]
1490107217083.png
616KB, 790x628px
>>32399472
>Ultra Breasts
>>
Cancer design wise, cancer competitively, cancer lore-wise. Nu-Nintendo shit.
>>
>>32399762
Using "nu-something".
Are you a kid from /v/ or something?
>>
>>32399762
You should work on a Nu-you that isn't so autistic
>>
>>32399472
>What's your opinion on Ultra Breasts?
Extremely under utilized. If they had a portion of the story where they had infested the overworld and you would only encounter UBs but couldn't catch them at that time it would make them a little better. Think like how in Bravely Second you could only encounter Ba'als before starting a new game.
Design wise they're not really "alien" in comparison to what we already have they certainly could have done more with them there.
You posted it.
>Why is the giant crab dragon final boss the weakest one while the anorexic cockroach girl is the best one?
It was meant to be an analogue to Zygarde but Zygarde is pretty shit too.
>>
>>32399768
>>32399771
>defending this trash
How's Gamefreak's cock taste? Like UB's? Like paying to "catch em all"? Bet you do, fucking faggots.
>>
>>32399788
Literally PJsalt
>>
File: IMG-20170423-WA0002.jpg (45KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170423-WA0002.jpg
45KB, 1080x607px
How am I running so fast?
>>
File: Zygarde Warp Digivolve.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde Warp Digivolve.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>32399472
>What's your opinion on Ultra *Beasts?
Cool and interesting addition to the franchise lorewise and designwise, but a complete misstep competitively. Why would you try to slow things down with the Alolan native mons just to add min-maxed UBs? The Tapus are a problem in the same light too, that could've been fixed by giving them no moves like how they did Kommo-o and somewhat did Koko and Bulu with no Play Rough.

Yeah it's a twist I welcome.

You posted it. Buzzwole has a wicked design and I like how it can be played both offensively and defensively.

Part of me suspects it's going to have some alternate forme that's much stronger, akin to Zygarde. After all, Guzzlord's cave has the same design idea that Zygarde's did in Terminus Cave. Maybe Necrozma's unleashed forme will fight it in the third game/sequel/remake way, way down the line in the future since there's no telling what GF's next move is.
>>
>>32399472
I'm curious about how Gen 8 will handle them and the Cosmog line.
>>
>>32399472
Haven't played Sun and Moon yet, but a Pheromosa thread got me interested in playing them, Cockroach and Jellyfish seem the most interesting
>>
>>32399472
I like them, its a nice way to expand the concept and break the traditional limits the designs usually have (which by proxy proves they have limits and they dont consider to have broken them before).
I like all designs except maybe pheromosa which isnt even bad, just not as good as the others. And nihilengo might pass for a normal pokemon but it was probably intentional.
What sucks is that they cant breed yet are allowed in vgc and competitions and I already caught them with shit natures so i'll have to buy another game just to be able to use them. Ditto for the tapus.
>>
>>32399730
Hydreigon
>>
>>32399586
Gen 4/Gen 5 era legendary dont look like pokemon
>>
>>32399891

Just inject or play GTS roulette. Buying a new game is pretty extreme.
>>
Half of them aren't even good, at all. Xurkitree is mediocre, Buzzwole is bad, and Guzzlord is trash. Buzzwole is just outclassed by Pheromosa. Same typing, but Buzzwole is slow with a terrible SpD stat. Its attack is only 2 points up phero, and phero has a very good SpA.

Guzzlord has bad offensive stats, and high HP doesn't make up for its low defenses and quad weakness to the tapus. It isn't a tank, and to top everything off it's slow.

Xurkitree is slow, and almost completely outclassed by Tapu Koko, which has access to dual stab and is stronger and faster.

The others are good, and the lore is ok but it's very repetitive (I'm looking at you 4 pheromosas in a row), and not that much of a plot other than Nihilego.
>>
I love them but I wish they'd experimented with some new wacky type combos. Nihilego's is the only new one
>>
>>32399978
Stop. UBs themselves prove the people who make pokemon think they look like pokemon.

>>32400015
people ask unrealistic shit for shitmons, there's no way i'm getting a good natured ub or tapu that way.
>>
>>32399902
Hydreigon is not from Gen 3/4, nor is it a legendary.
>>
I really hate them all, they're all ugly as sin and competitively they're all minmaxed with meme stats and movepools that make them either completely obnoxious or total shit.
>>
>>32399472
I've been playing Pokemon since the days of RBY. I've seen many people point to many mons and say "that doesn't look a Pokemon." I never once felt this way and never understand the people who did.

Until I saw the Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>32400215
Yeah, that's kind of the point.
>>
>>32399730
I'm talking more about the general style of it. To me, it looks like a plastic toy, which is an issue I had with a lot of the legendary Pokémon in Gen 3 and Gen 4. I guess Gen 5 as well (to a lesser extent), I forgot about the Musketeers and Keldeo until just now.
>>
>>32400297
You sure had some weird toys.
>>
>>32400215
Hey they are slightly different, but there is no normal for Pokemon, need I remind you that one Pokemon is literally trash
>>
I like UBs but they were under-utilized. The fact that the only one prominent in the story was Nihilego is a shame.

Leaving Ultra Beasts to aftergame was a misstep. They should've been intergrated into the story like how >>32399785 mentioned
>>
>>32400381
this. I feel like they had more planned for them but had to change them to boring wild encounters due to time constraints or something. I mean, after lusamine releases them barely anything is mentioned about them, everyone is celebrating at your champion party like they've completely forgotten about it
>>
>>32399472
Min-Max monsters the extreme.
>>
File: ultrabeasts.jpg (139KB, 737x545px) Image search: [Google]
ultrabeasts.jpg
139KB, 737x545px
>>32399472
By far my favorite sublegendary group, some of the most creative Pokemon designs of all time.
Yes
Can't decide between the bug ones and Celesteela
Speed. Big fatass dragon mouth with stumpy legs is not fast. Fast is the most important stat.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.