[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a New Playthrough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg (31KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg
31KB, 250x228px
So I'm starting a new Heartgold playthrough. What team should I run? Any rules I should abide by?
>>
>>32398770
>What team should I run?
Whatever Pokemon you want to use

>Any rules I should abide by?
No
>>
Start with Totodile. It's pretty funny to see Silver trying to act edgy when he has a Chikorita.
>>
>>32398789
Noted
>>
>>32398770
Pick shitmons
Run sub-optimal movesets
Get fucked by the level curve
Beat 7th gym before going to olivine
Beat lance being 15 levels underleveled

Then transfer your team to SM, come to me, and let's see who's got more balls
>>
File: totodile.jpg (16KB, 228x289px) Image search: [Google]
totodile.jpg
16KB, 228x289px
>>32398770
Be fair, like it should be :

>play on set (obviously)
>don't use more pokemon than your opponent for gym leaders, e4, rival (if you have 5 pokemon on you and the gym leader 3, you can use only 3 of them in the battle...if you lose the 3, go back to last save)
>don't use heal items in battle
>>
>>32398827
You forgot:
>don't level your 'mons past the upcoming gym leader's highest levelled 'mon
>>
>>32398897
You can't really even do this in HGSS if you're running a full team and not grinding.
>>
Use poke science man
>>
File: 1489450221727.jpg (19KB, 354x219px) Image search: [Google]
1489450221727.jpg
19KB, 354x219px
>Sunflora
>Dunsparce
>Unown
>Delibird
>Yamna/Ledian
>Magcargo
Do it.
>>
>>32398770
Mods?
>>
Don't use grass types. They are fucking awful in johto.

Only pokemon of note they have an advantage of is the fighting gym's poliwrath, and onix/slowbro in the elite 4
>>
>>32398770
I did a HG run recently and used all Johto mons I hadn't used before. It was a lot of fun and I made some new bros I didn't think I'd like. Take photos throughout your journey with Cameron the Photographer: it's awesome to look back on them. On that note, try collecting accessories and backdrops by talking to your Pokemon and dress them up periodically. Collect Apricorns daily because the balls are pretty and useful. Do the Pokeathlon often to get useful items and evolution stones, and rematch trainers when you can because they're useful for grinding for Red in the postgame.

>>32399875
I think the Sunflora set I used was Solar Power ability w/ Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Synthesis and Leaf Storm. If you can get into a good swing against mons that are weak/neutral to grass, it can actually be quite useful.
>>
>>32398770
Do a monotype run with Grass, Ice or Poison. It'll be fun as fuck. Grass has the advantage of being available early, Ice is better offensively. Poison is just shit, in case you want more difficulty.

And I'm fucking sure this was a Hunger Games thread. Posting Heart Gold boxart, asking for team, and asking for rules. This was a fucking Hunger Games thread.
>>
Soft reset for shiny
You can look at all 3 and see if one is shiny
Basically you have triple chances of getting shiny
>>
Im usually just try to use only region exclusive pokemon.
Or ones ive never used for that region.

For instance my oras team i just cobbled together has a bunch of pokemon from wt.
Numel(wondertraded)
Electrike(wondertraded)
Poochyena (caught myself)
Surskit (caught myself dont plan on evolving)
Also got a kirlia from wondertrade and a shroomrish i caught myself.
I am probably going to replace shroomrish with another pokemon because ive used it before in a runthrough.
>>
HeartGold mono-type runs are comfy as fug.
Did a bug run not too long ago and had a blast. I want to a water run soon, but can't find the time.
>>
>>32399875
This guy knows how to play johto
>>
Best challenge in Heartgold:
>first catch Dunsparce(or any other one but that's the best choice)
>after every gym you're allowed one new pokemon
>once a pokemon faints it gets released or stored in the pc your starter can die too
>Dunsparce will be god(invicible)
>>
File: 1367487768973.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1367487768973.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
>>32398770
>Xatu
>Houndoom
>Heracross
>Granbull
>Quagsire
>Bellasom / Jumpluff

Good old gen ii pokemon. Really fun guys.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.