[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasnt the oddish line in alola?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: 20170424_171019.jpg (196KB, 654x523px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_171019.jpg
196KB, 654x523px
Why wasnt the oddish line in alola?
>>
>>32394964
Same reason Solrock and Lunatone weren't in Alola.
>>
>>32394964
sauce on pic?
>>
>>32394983
>an NPC asks for either Solrock or Lunatone in-game
>the games are called SUN and MOON, and Solrock and Lunatone are literally the VER FIRST Pokemon that come to mind upon initially hearing that title
>Solrock and Lunatone aren't in the regional Pokedex
Explain this shit
>>
>>32394993
They were busy pandering to genwunners. They didn't give a single fuck about this game.
>>
>>32394993
GF is full of mongoloids.
>>
>>32394993
It's pretty redundant if they do that, even childish, muh solrock in sun and lunatoone in moon, meh...
>>
>>32394993
>Rotomdex
>no Rotom
>Charizard flyer
>no Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard.
>>
File: 20170424_171002.jpg (170KB, 750x423px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_171002.jpg
170KB, 750x423px
>>32394987
Plantperpetrator
>>
>>32394993
Attempt to get you to play longer because you'd have to wait for Bank to update
>>
>>32394993
>Solrock and Lunatone
They're shit.
>>
>>32394964
Because it's not found in Alola. Does there really need to be a big reason as to why?
>>
File: mmama.png (488KB, 549x442px) Image search: [Google]
mmama.png
488KB, 549x442px
>>32394964
How this make you feel?
>>
File: 20170424_171056.png (35KB, 223x305px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_171056.png
35KB, 223x305px
>>32395066
>hula pokemon not in Hawaii
I really just wanted a fire/grass varient

>>32395067
Good pic
>>
>>32395078
We all want more regional forms, but that is no reason to just assume a Pokemon will be in Alola. Despite the Hula thing, it is a Johto Pokemon. It doesn't have to be in Alola. Just like Celesteela doesn't have to be in Kanto.
>>
>>32395100
>Just like Celesteela doesn't have to be in Kanto.
Never mind this retard
>>
>>32395122
he is true though
>>
>>32395100
This.
It's like asking every Japanese region to have an Incineroar, because it's a Tiger Mask reference. Or every Japanese region to have a Pangoro, because it's a reference to a Japanese thing. Or IF we get an Indian region, their Legendaries being the XYZ Legends, because they're a reference to Indian mythology. I guess we should be expect Zard to be in every European dex too, as it's a European Dragon. Or any Egyptian region to have Blaziken as starter.

Pokemon aren't made in regional order. They are scrambled all over the place. This is such a petty thing to complain about.
>>
>>32395160
>XYZ Legends, because they're a reference to Indian mythology
They're from Nordic mythology.
>>
>>32395067
>literally too stopid to see own mistake
sasuga GF
>>
>>32395024
Thanks
>>
>>32395067
How many times has it been now? Putting in an image of Bellossom, but forgetting Bellossom itself. Putting in a "Charizard" bridge, but forgetting Charizard itself. Even in the sequels. They didn't realize the mistake even 2 years after making it.
This is a whole new level of retardedness. To the point it's actually amazing.
>>
File: download-26.jpg (4KB, 176x173px) Image search: [Google]
download-26.jpg
4KB, 176x173px
>>32394964
>Charizard fly yet no charizard
>Solrock and lunatone not in sun and moon
>Camurpt isn't in a region with a noticeable volcano
>Volcarona isn't in despite it being a sun god
>Tropus and ludicolo not in a tropical region
>>
>>32395256
>>
>>32394964
Belo is not gen one.
>>
>>32396985
But its pre evos are.
>>
>>32396988
Its tainted by gen two.
>>
>>32394993
Not from genwun.
>>
>>32395256
>Solrock and lunatone not in sun and moon
Lets not forget the side quest in the desert that involves talking to a guy with a solrock or lunatone in your party. Maybe it was planned originally? Maybe GF is full of assholes.
>>
>>32395160
>egypt
>blaziken
Is it a John's Unique Undertakings joke?
>>
>>32395024
Sorry, I couldn't find it.
>>
>>32397237
I searched Plantperpetrator, searched "Plant perpetrator", searched on google, duckduckgo, tbib, tumblr and even on e621

Anyone have the real source?
>>
>>32397327

it's actually plantpenetrator, check on e621
>>
>>32396985

Neither are 5 of Eevee's evolutions.
>>
>>32395059
Rock/Fire Alolan Solrock and Rock/Fairy Alolan Lunatone - both with levitate
>>
>>32397361
Thanks, I didn't expect so much plant tits.
>>
Solrock and Lunatone aren't there either.
Nor is Rotom so Rotomdex does'nt even know who they are.
Nor is Charmander yet you ride Charizard.
It basically lacks all of the fitting Pokémon from the first six gens.
>>
>>32394964
I have no idea. There is even a cardboard cut out that has Bellossom on it, even though it's nowhere in the dex.
>>
>>32395233
>Putting in a "Charizard" bridge, but forgetting Charizard itself. Even in the sequels. They didn't realize the mistake even 2 years after making it.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't see it as a mistake, but a decision they made and one that wasn't wrong?
>>
File: Carlos strikes again.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos strikes again.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>32394964
idk OP it's definitely odd
>>
>>32394993
It's Gamefreak playing a joke on the players
>>
>>32398916
That's how they see everything.
There was an interview with Masuda saying that their choice to put clothing options in was intended to only be for X/Y to make it more distinct.

Someone must have gotten pressure from somewhere else to put it back in for Sun/Moon because GameFreak woke up for a split second and realized that it is a beloved new feature and removing it from the games would be fucking stupid.

Unfortunately the Japanese tend to have a mindset that making bold choices and sticking with them no matter what is a good thing. Its one thing to have the gaul to make a bold choice, but its another to stick with it if it means flipping off your customer. Biggest example that comes to mind is WWII and we all know how that shit ended - needless civilian casualties. So in a way, its kind of miraculous whenever GF decides not to be an absolute asshole.
>>
>>32399027
These aren't even comparable. A key feature in the game, loved by many, and a random encounter Pokemon no one gives a single shit about are completely different things.
>>
>>32399055
Hey. Bellossom is fucking bellawesome
And they are comparable. Bellossom was essentially the only Hawaiin/polynesian thing in Pokemon aside from Phoebe. Isn't it weird that both are missing from Sun and Moon? Both are beloved waifus...
All joking aside it'd be kind of weird if Pikachu wasn't available in the next game until post game. Or say if Charizard was ridable but you couldn't catch one ingame-
>>
>>32395024
>>32394964
why is bellossom so based
>>
>>32399088
>Charizard available in-game
CHARIZARD PANDERING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Charizard not available in-game, and they even provide a reason why
WHERE IS MUH ZARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32394993
Not native to Alola.
The world is globalized not and so are the games. Just transfer them.
>>
>>32399101
>globalized not
now**
>>
>>32399101
And yet there are zillions of pokemon that live in multiple regions.
>>
>>32399094
Good man

>>32399096
I don't particularly care about Charizard.
But flaunting Rotom in my face is just unacceptable

Calm down a little. I haven't replayed them yet but what was the reason that Charizard wasn't available in game?
>>
>>32399108
I am a Grass fag and Bellossom is pretty much my child.

The joke's that it took me a good while to figure out Eevee is not the only thing with branched evolutions; I thought it was its own standalone Pokemon. Doesn't help Gloom is the only thing other than the fox that can use more than one evo stone.

(I lived in a rather small town and nobody really played Pokemon. I think my Ruby game still has a Lv. 100 Machoke.)
>>
>>32399108
Because it's a Kanto Pokemon. The ride Charizard is a Pokemon that belongs to another trainer, Kiawe, who brought it from Kanto.

They really shouldn't have to explain WHY a Pokemon isn't available. Because it isn't. There was no explaination given for any other Pokemon. No one questioned why Zard isn't in Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova, but now for some reason, everyone wants one. If a Pokemon isn't in a region, it means it isn't found in the region. That's it. They went out of their way to explain both Zard and Rotom, they didn't need to, but they still did. Yet everyone's still complaining.
>>
>>32399127
The world is no longer so disconnected. You can transmit Pokemon instantly. If I moved to a new major city (USA) and there was no Italian food I would be like, "Where the fuck is the Italian food?" If there was no Chinese food I'd have the same qualms.
There's so many expats from Kanto in Alola its surprising that there is but a single Charizard. If a Pokemon is not in a region then there does need to be an explanation - something impeded its being there.
>>
>>32399155
Food and animals aren't the same thing. You can find Chinese food everywhere, you aren't going to find Pandas everywhere. Likewise, you can find photos of Bellossom in Alola, even if it isn't found there. And no, it's not just that there's only a single Charizard. Red also has one. It's that there are no WILD Charizard, because they aren't found in Alola.

If you want an explanation for all of them, tough luck, no one is going to sit through and explain why the hundreds Pokemon don't inhabitant any given region. Asking for that is being retarded.
>>
>>32399176
Thats weird. I thought Pokemon could easily be transported in Pokeballs. I thought there were also records of Pokemon being moved en mass from region to region like Yungoose. And when did I ever say anything about wild Charizard? You can't even find them in the wild in their own region. That is actually retarded. Checkmate atheist.
>>
>>32399198
>I thought there were also records of Pokemon being moved en mass from region to region like Yungoose
Because there was a good reason and a place for them in the ecosystem. They were needed to control Rattata, and they found a good source of food in Rattata. No one is going to do this for fun.
>>
>>32399219
I think someone would do it. There's the guy that wants to make a park full of fossil Pokemon.
And I'm complaining that Pokemon is in the game but you can't get it. Its a cocktease. Look Bellossom, kidding. Look Charizard, kidding. Look here's a Rotom that you can't actually use! Haha, fun.
This is a game about catching and battling Pokemon. The only Pokemon that I shouldn't be allowed to catch and battle with are god Pokemon...which I can catch and battle with anyways!
>>
>>32399266

So none of the 800+ Pokemon are allowed to be shown or mentoned in the game if they aren't available in-game?
>>
>>32399266
>god Pokemon
Which are these again?

Some of the legendaries seem like legendaries and more like "really powerful Pokemon that can perform awesome feats"
>>
>>32399282
Yes, that is correct. They should all always be available.

>>32399287
Is deity better? If a being is capable of a feat like completely controlling the weather, or being able to manipulate space/time I'd consider them deity tier beings.
I admit that because Arceus has never been a part of a story so the stories may just be stories. The same may be true of Pokemon like Azelf. But we've seen proof of what Pokemon like Mega-Rayquaza can do.
>>
>>32399282
Ignore the retard. He just want (You)s.
>>
>>32399302
Powers we see Rayquaza do:

In the original: make Groudon and Kyogre gtfo

In the mega verse: destroy an asteroid

Otherwise, it's ability is to STOP all weather alone and not to make weather happen, which can be done by ordinary pokemon. The Mega version counters the extreme weather made only by the Primals. It can be counted in the same family of abilities, but none of them is a complete control of the weather.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.