/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 16

File: 259.png (787KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
259.png
787KB, 1280x1280px
I just remembered that when I was kid and played for the very first time RSE without knowing dex, I picked mudkip, after it evolved I was disgusted by marshtomp and later disappointed by swampert

so this is the thread;
do you remember your first pokemon [encountered, evolved in the game, without knowing how it looks] that design let you down?
>>
I was never disappointed by my Pokemon growing stronger.
>>
>>32392733

oh right, you are internet leaks age kid
>>
>>32392735
Wrong, my first game was Emerald and I was clueless as shit. I got scared out of my wits by Shedinja magically appearing in my party.
That doesn't change the fact that I find the idea of thinking that a Pokemon can be ruined by growing stronger to be pretty idiotic.
>>
>>32392713
I didn't like Swampert at first either but mostly because his RSE sprite is disgusting

I started liking him the moment I saw his official art.
>>
I thought Marshtomp was cuter than Mudkip and becoming a Ground type and bipedal was pretty awesome. Swampert however was disappointing for looking like Mudkip but bigger and uglier. It's only redeeming quality was retaining the neat type combination of it's pre-evo.
>>
>>32392794

kys, but this is thread about your first pokemon that disappointed you
>>
>>32392746
Stop lying to defend your shit taste.
>>
Loved Torchic, loved Combusken, and the sight of Blaziken was so shocking and jarring to me as a kid that I restarted my game to get Treecko instead. I don't hate Blaziken as much anymore, but the jump from Combusken to that is so huge I still have no idea what their designer was thinking.
>>
I started with Piplup in Pearl. Watched the anime, but never much of that season. I thought Prinplup was alright, but Empoleon was fucking AWESOME.
>>
>>32392818

it was latias at first kek
>>
File: 1285981750.th.44779.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1285981750.th.44779.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>32392833
>>
File: IMG_4664.jpg (15KB, 236x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4664.jpg
15KB, 236x180px
Been playing since RB, but went into SM blind. Avoided all spoilers for the long months following the games' announcement.

Pick adorable circus seal.

It evolves. "Huh. A more frou-frou route than I was expecting."

My friends are all telling me to hurry up and evolve it.

I get the feeling it's so they can see my reaction...

Total buttblasted disappointment.
>>
>>32392841

that's why playing blind is the best, shit, I must find way to avoid spoilers for gen 8
>>
>>32392856
Oh, yeah. I'll definitely be doing it again. Lost my shit seeing Alolan forms and Vikavolt.

Hell, even Wishiwashi was exciting not knowing what was going on.
>>
Typhlosion kinda, Braxien, and Pignite
>>
Gen3 had very bad sprites
I thought that Elektrike was electric crocodile, man was I disappointed when he evolved.
>>
I didn't really pay much attention to designs when I played Gen 1 to Gen 4, and then in Gen 5 and Gen 6 I had most of the dex spoiled beforehand, so nothing disappointed me much.
Gen 7 was the first game I played after I started caring about designs and went in almost completely blind, and the first evolution to disappoint me was Ribombee. Going from a recognisable, adorable bee fly to a generic semi-humanoid pixie thing was a massive letdown.
>>
I was disappointed when Bidoof evolved in Pearl because Bibarel's sprite looked even dopier. Still used it anyway.
>>
File: 651.png (129KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
651.png
129KB, 475x475px
>>32392713
I avoided all kind of spoilers just to be let down by it's evolution I mean they are ok but what I expected, still love chespin tho
>>
File: 1489324158454.png (138KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1489324158454.png
138KB, 280x280px
First time my mudkip evolved i was thrilled, he got a fucking Mohawk and then he became swampert and i fell in love with it
>>
>>32392841

I had already leaked the game all to myself, but even if I had gone completely blind, I feel like I would've still feel disappointed by it. Maybe not by power or type or anything of that kind because it still delivers in that regard, more than the other two at least, but simply by design alone, where it feels like it's pandering to everyone except me. The overwhelming need it oozes of looking cute and pretty in order to pass off as graceful to everyone, to show it has 'peaked' and how it became something people wouldn't have expected. I guess it makes sense given the performer theme, but it just makes it too bland and forced for me.

People keep saying it's the evolution that 'saved' Popplio, but if you ask me, I wouldn't have minded anything else the cute sea lion could have turned into that could have been lesser than what we got in terms of design. I didn't even mind Brionne, but Primarina feels like everything but a sea lion, with things put together to make it prettier to make it more graceful looking for everyone. In one minute, people have gone from drawing Popplio in a neutral manner to slapping frills, feminine eyelashes and bows in it just because the evolutions happens to have a cuter tone to it, which many people associate as feminine.
>>
Evolving Wartortle in Red disappointed me. Blastoise's RB sprite looks like a huge turd
>>
When I was a kid I never really was, I just thought any growth was cool. Nowadays I have some preferences for earlier stages of some Pokenon, like Skiddo over Gogoat despite knowing about Gogoat for much longer, but as long as the later stage is still halfway decent in battle I can live with it.

Also Marshtomp was always the cutest stage of Mudkip.
>>
>>32392925
>>32393527
I agree with you both.
Those were my biggest letdown designwise from gen vii.

But vikavolts speed still takes the crown for most disheartening bad surprise.
>>
File: dragonair moemon.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dragonair moemon.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>32392713
DRAGONAIR
>>
>>32392713
>disgusted by marshtomp

Nigga what's wrong with it? The only time Marshtomp ever looked particularly bad was in its 3D model. Other than that it's pretty much a bigger Mudkip with more fins.

I can understand where you're coming from with Swampert, though. Its gen 3 sprite was trash.
>>
File: marshtomp.png (782B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
marshtomp.png
782B, 64x64px
>>32392713
>disgusted by marshtomp
>In RSE
Lies!
>>
File: 1490471339294.png (119KB, 445x330px) Image search: [Google]
1490471339294.png
119KB, 445x330px
>>32392713
I've never been disappointed by a Pokemon's evolution
>>
>>32393587
Marshtomp's model is fine, the only sprite I recall not liking was Gen IV's but I may just be remembering weird
>>
File: image.png (58KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
58KB, 576x720px
I remember my Charmander evolving into Charmeleon and I was so excited I tried showing my mom and she completely ignored me.

I also didn't understand how to use the bag in Leaf Green so he was my only Pokemon in my party the entire game, along with the magikarp the salesman gives you, which I thought was the key that opened the door to the Viridian gym for some time.

It also took me a few days to figure out how to leave the starting house (it never occured to me to stand on the floormat that leads outside), and it took me even longer to get past Mt. Moon.

I don't remember the rest of the game, other than beating the Elite Four with just Charizard and then eventually learning how to use a Pokeball.

Anyway, that was my first Pokemon game experience. I don't think I knew what Pokemon even was when I first started the game. My most genuine playthrough to date. Not too related to the thread topic, but I felt like sharing. I was a special child who now attends one of the top 30 universities in America. Goes to show you can still be an idiot and achieve your dreams.
>>
>>32393645
>the old men tutrial didn't tick you off about using pokeballs
how old ware you, 3?

>It also took me a few days to figure out how to leave the starting house
i remember a touhoumon hack where going down the stairs from your room got you to dark-cave like maze. i coudn't find a vid of it on utube, but i found this little gem.
https://youtu.be/0M-CaN2IBJM?t=248

that voice and accent... hnnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>32393735
i remember now! its touhoumon extra!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agV6oRa1hdU

touhoumon extra forest of magic guide.

imagine going trough THAT without a guide.

coudn't find the vid with you are house.
>>
File: alligatorclasp.png (170KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
alligatorclasp.png
170KB, 1200x400px
>>32392886
fuck, now I want an electric crocodile
>>
File: 784-Kommo-o.png (396KB, 800x653px) Image search: [Google]
784-Kommo-o.png
396KB, 800x653px
>>32392713
I haven't played through a game blind in a while but I did see Jangmo-o before Kommo-o. I was hoping they would give Jangmo-o's fully evolved form a really sleek design. When I saw the golden heart on it I was hoping for like a cross between Crazy Diamond, the World and a dragon. But it ended up looking like a hulking monster. Idk if I'm really disappointed; I still like Kommo-o. And of course praise /gad/. But I think they missed an opprotunity not making it stylish.
And on top of that I mean, they didn't even bother continuing to incorporate the heart in its design??? Like why put it there in the first place?
>>
>>32392713
Sceptile

I was so let down when my Grovyle evolved into such an ugly abomination. I just bred a new one later down the road and slapped an Everstone on it.
>>
>>32393645

oh holiest kek
>>
File: mfw.jpg (22KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
22KB, 448x336px
>>32393645
>>
>>32392713
Played Y without knowing anything and chose Fennekin
>>
>>32393645
>tfw when beat the entirety of Red with full comprehension at the age of four

And then I failed several classes in middle school thanks to doing none of the classwork, got held back once in high school, skid by on four years straight D's, and have done nothing with my life since.

Remember kids, if you don't have dreams and work hard for them, it doesn't matter how smart you are!
>>
>>32393645
It's because of retards like you we're forced to watch the catching tutorial every game. And it turns out it still doesn't work.
>>
File: 300px-Dolan_Diggersby.png (81KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Dolan_Diggersby.png
81KB, 300x169px
Never as a kid I got disappointed, but when I evolved bunnelby in X/Y(I never followed pokemon online that much, just saw when games came out from gaming magazines and such), I was honestly terrified and released it in the next poke center I came across.
Why did it have to look like homeless guy with literal shit around it's mouth? I thought I would get a cool super bunny, like Jumping Flash!.
But no. Just that.
>>
File: swampert.png (12KB, 423x255px) Image search: [Google]
swampert.png
12KB, 423x255px
>>32392815
Not him but he has a point, compared to the later - more acurrate sprites, some RSE sprites were pretty bad.
>>
File: Wham_ASB.jpg (122KB, 690x828px) Image search: [Google]
Wham_ASB.jpg
122KB, 690x828px
>>32393991
>First thought I would get DIO
>Got Wammu instead
Not disappointed at the slightest.
>>
>>32392815
But it's a fact that Gen 3 had the worst spritework in the entire series
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.