[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do starters evolve too quickly? I feel like their first forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

Do starters evolve too quickly? I feel like their first forms are gone before you even get to appreciate them.
>>
>>32389860
The second forms are the one you should be complaining about. They barely get any attention at all
>>
>>32389860
>What is bottom B?
>>
>>32389885
Charmander
>>
>>32389860
The general problem lies more within the options you have early on. You just get your weak regional bird/rodent that can be strong if they evolve but just aren't unevolved. Starters on the other hand are strong through the entire game, so people just use them more often so early on. Another factor is that early mons are usually normal types, which really makes your only "diversity" your starter themself. If there were more Pokemon like Shinx with power similiar/a bit inferior to your starter with different typings early on this problem would be reduced a lot.
>>
>>32389860
You're right. They should last longer.

>>32389876
Also this, even though most second forms are bd.
>>
>>32389898
>normal types
Remind me, why do they keep adding those? A flying or a dragon type are a straight upgrade both offensively and defensively
>>
>>32389898
Even if you run a balanced team from the start they evolve hella fast.
>>
>>32390026
Normal is one of the better types sure it has no strength but it has few things to worry about
>>
Pokemon shouldn't evolve between levels 1-20 since they level up so fucking fast anyway.
>>
>>32390029
Not saying you're not right.
It should at least be set to level 20, with finals being set at 40. But a huge factor is also the lack of options. Sun and Moon is a great example. Who the fuck would use a Yungoos that is underleveled as shit and only knows tackle over a Water/Fire/Grass type with a reliable stab and good stats all around?
>>32390026
Some Normal types are great, so they should continue to be made... just not in the way of regional rodents and birds. Snorlax, Slaking (except for its shitty ability) and Miltank are a few examples of how to do good normal types. They have no really good moves except for retaliate so just make them bulky or give them status moves.
>>
>>32389860
Do you really want your starter to begin evolving at their 30s when their mediocre NFE stats will make it difficult for them to keep up? Casuals play this game too ya know.
>>
>first evolution at level 40~
>second evolution at level 80~
there you go, I fixed it.
>>
>>32390115
go away, BW
>>
>>32390002
Granted, but there are still some good ones such as Ivysaur, Wartortle, Bayleef, Grovyle, Marshtomp, Monferno, Servine, Dewott, Frogadier, and Torracat
>>
>>32390140
Yeah.

>Ivysaur
decent

>Wartortle
decent

>Bayleef
great

>Grovyle
good

>Marshtomp
decent

>Monferno
bad

>Servine
good

>Dewott
great

>Frogadier
bad

>Torracat
decent
>>
You would essentially be asking me about game design, and that is something I do not have the knowledge to answer.
>>
they get marketed so much it hardly matters
second stages however seem to have no effort put into them and are ignored completely
>>
Objectively bad second stages:
Charmaleon
Croconaw
Combusken
Grotle
Monferno
Prinplup
Pignite
Quilladin
Braixen
Frogadier
Dartrix
>>
>>32390140
Those are all shit
>>
>>32390221
Charfemaleon is pretty good tho :^)
>>
>>32390228
*Charsenpaialeon
>>
>>32390727
*Charattackhelicoptereon
>>
>>32390163
Monferno is great though! How come you think its bad?
>>
>>32390163
Torracat is decent? Being naturally faster than your evolution + retaining Fairy and Bug resistance and no Fighting weakness is not great? What the fuck man.
Also:
> Dewott
> Great
Outside of it's sprite animation, its 100% inferior to it's evo. Quit being an autistic NFEfag and face the facts.
>>
>>32390221
>Dartrix
>Frogadier
kys contrarian
>>
>>32390986
>whines on Torracat being better than Incineroar
>then whines on Dewott being considered worse than Samurwott

Uuuuh okay anon.
>>
>>32390997
>contrarian
>>
>>32391001
> Whines
Anon, Torracat actually has it's own advantages over its evo compared to Dewott and the otter was ranked higher which is fucking wrong.
>>
>>32391074
>hating the prevos of the most popular starters
>not contrarian
>>
>>32391117
>Samurott
>most popular

>pre evolutions mattering when the popular ones are the evolutions
>>
>>32391132
Where did I say that autistic fat sea lion was the most popular? When I never even mentioned Dewott?
>>
>>32390163
monferno is the only good pokemon of it's line, though
>>
>>32391151
>implying what you say matters
lmoa how delusional can one be?
>>
>>32391166
The only good gen4 starters are Piplup and Empoleon.

>>32391151
The second line still stands.
>>
>>32390221
>charmeleon
>bad

kys, you stupid fuck
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.