[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Idea: Ultra Variants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0806.jpg (379KB, 1212x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0806.jpg
379KB, 1212x360px
Basically, Pokémon have fallen into the Ultra Space and are evolving at alarming paces. What possibilities could come from these ideas?
>>
...how the fuck would they get in Ultra Space
>>
>>32386837
The same way Humans went there. Thanks to UBs.
>>
Mimikyu
Dark/Fairy
Basically the same. Except it's bigger. Hit it once! Disguise wears off...and a Guzzlord sized demon sprouts from underneath it.
>>
>>32386830
...so you want Megas, but with a more ridiculous premise. Yeah, no.
>>
>>32386830
No.
>>
>>32386846
Would you rather have a team of one mega or a team of 6 pseudo megas
>>
>>32386855
Would you rather have balance? Without resorting to power creep?
>>
>>32386830
Still mad we couldn't fight evil space jelly mom tho
>>
>>32386869
...?????? We did tho?????
>>
>>32386871
I meant as a pokemon. It was kind of a missed oportunity
>>
Ignoring the fact the idea is shitty power creep, I'd love to see rhyperior get a railgun arm or some shit, I've always liked something about that pokemon.
>>
File: UB-06 Pride.png (97KB, 333x634px) Image search: [Google]
UB-06 Pride.png
97KB, 333x634px
>>32386830
Basically something like this that was posted a few months ago (though the name alone shows that it was meant as a joke)? I mean it could be interesting... but honestly, do you think Gamefreak would take that step again after they killed off cross-gen evos because they "ruined the pokemon for some fans"? And if they would do it, how would they avoid UB-tier minmaxing and "pokemon X pre-evo is now better than its UB-variant/evo thanks to eviolite"?
>>
>>32386877
you don't battle trainers themselves ever
>>
Ultra Toucannon
Fire/Flying
He's basically Talonflame but not god awful
>>
>>32386830
ULTRA MAGIKARP
HE'S REALLY HUGE
WATER/DRAGON
ULTRA SPLASH!
IT BIG!
DO NOTHING!
WATER!
>>
>>32386855
I would rather have a team of 5 Alolan Variants and Ash-Greninja
>>
>>32387285
Gyrados
Water/Electric
The leviathan we all deserved
>>
>>32386830
>Regular Pokémon mutated into weird, alien monstrosities
Fund it.
>>
>>32386846
>>32386855
Couldn't they just be one per team, like Megas and Z-Crystals?
>>
Ultra Tentacruel
Less physical stats, more special stats
Some sort of Moxie variant for Special Attack
Rock/Poison
>>
>>32386846
Why don't you realize that Mega Pokémon ARE Ultra Space equivalents? They have a noise at the end just like the cosmog line and the UBs
>>
No I wish for once they would take a concept and fully use instead of using it for like 2 pokemon.
>>
ULTRA
GIRATINA
>>
NO MORE POWER CREEP

STOP

POPULAR POKEMON DON'T NEED TO CONTINOUSLY GET STRONGER

FUUUUUUUUUCKKK THE POWER CREEP AND YOUR SHITTY IDEA OP
>>
Ultra Raticate
Dark/Dragon
Multi headed rat king, based off the Rat King from Nutcracker
>>
>>32387873
GF is not going to stop until their power will go over 9000.
>>
>>32386830
Genuinely cool idea but I doubt the ultra space was anything more than a one-time gimmick.

We'll be lucky if the ultra beasts even make it into the next game.
>>
>ultra variants
Isn't that technically what mega evolutions are?
>>
>>32386830
>Ultra Shuckle
>Bug/Ice
>Hustle/Weak Armor
>HA:Slush Rush
Hp:20
Atk:190
Def:10
SpA:190
SpD:10
Spe:85
>>
One day, Megas will be retconned as normal evolutions with minor (bad) balance changes, like just some +50 BST over 100. I honestly won't mind. I like Char-X.
>>
File: 250px-474Porygon-Z.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-474Porygon-Z.png
38KB, 250x250px
one of the few where I could actually see something ultra-space related work would be the porygon line

a porygon mega with beast boost building on the whole exploring other dimensions theme it has going would be pretty damn neat
>>
>>32386830
I rather we just get more of the regional variants and more UB's.
>>
>>32387778
Hes already an UB
>>
>>32386830
So it's Pokémon that has been bathed in Ultra Energy and become bigger and stronger. That sounds so interesting OP! Oh wait, no, we already have that. They're called Totem Pokémon.
>>
>>32386846
That premise would be way fucking better than mega's. There's nothing ridiculous about it and doesnt abuse the power stone concept.
>>
>>32386837
hoopa can trick them
>>
File: Smug Cops.jpg (21KB, 458x319px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Cops.jpg
21KB, 458x319px
>>32387752
>>
File: cosmoem.png (63KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
cosmoem.png
63KB, 250x250px
>>32387769
The sounds are different. Megas just have an echo of the end of their cry, which (obviously) changes depending on the cry, whereas UBs have a very distinct buzzing noise that is shared throughout all of their cries.
>>
>>32392832
Except they change appearance/occasionally type/stats AND they're usable by the player. It's Alolan Forms but instead of a tropical climate they adapt to a horrifying alien environment.
>>
UBs tend to have very peculiar stat distribution (like Nihilego has great special bulk, but is paper thin on the physical side).

Maybe Ultra Space variations of regular 'mons could have the same BST, but the same signature odd stat distribution of UBs. For example something that has Attack as its highest stat would have that stat raised immensely, but say its Special Defense is the lowest stat, so it'd be maybe around something pathetic like 20-40.

Just and idea.
I'd like to see what they'd look like, but knowing GF, they'll forget all about Ultra Space come Gen VIII, with exception of maybe one throwaway line somewhere.
>>
>>32386830
Ultra Beasts are the best thing to happen to Pokemon, design wise. First time I've seen a set of Pokemon and absolutely loved them.

Hoopa unbound, Perfect Zygarde, the Ultra Beasts. I really hope GF keeps designs like these going. Especially if Necrozma or Marshadow get alternate forms.
>>
>>32394194
>Ultra Beasts are the best thing to happen to Pokemon, design wise.
They're not really all that different from regular Pokémon, for the most part. Everyone talks about how weird and un-Pokémon like the UBs are, but the only one I think actually fits that is Buzzwole just because of how detailed it looks for a Pokémon design. The rest could've all been released as regular or legendary Pokémon and I don't think anyone would've noticed anything weird about them.
>>
>>32393642
Imagine a cute Pokemon coming to a dangerous part of Ultra Space and becoming buff like Buzzwole
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.