[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13

File: 1480866599362.jpg (75KB, 558x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480866599362.jpg
75KB, 558x1200px
Post ideas you've had for Pokemon games, new mechanics, moves, abilities, megas, fakemon, regions, whatever. Post it here.

For me, an idea I had today was for some stuff for a Sun/Moon sequel:
>Set some years after the original Sun/Moon
>Alola now has Trials, Kahuna, and Gyms as part of their League system
>Trials involve lots of puzzles and a battle with Totem pokemon. They'll also often reveal bits of lore about Alola itself. (so, nothing new)
>Kahuna are straight up hard battles against folks who will make full use of stuff like Mega-evolution and Z-moves.
>The new Gym system in Alola adds a small twist with their Gym Leaders specializing in two types (also to make up for having fewer than eight)
>You only need to complete one of the three sets to challenge the league but it won't be easy since Kahuna, Gyms, and Trials help unlock new paths (either through events done within those challenges or upgrades to your mount) to explore on the islands leading you to better places to train your pokemon or finding rarer ones.
>Also the League now involves an elimination tournament before challenging the Elite Four and champion featuring trainers you've battled over the course of the game)
>Lana, Acreola (technically), and Sophocles are the only ones still young enough to be trial captains, though you can run into and even challenge familiar faces like Kiawe, Mallow, Ilima, and Mina (in the latter case, being a possible Gym leader)
>Trials, Gyms, and the team loadouts of kahuna will differ between different versions of the game, and the Pre-E4 tournament will also be randomized to give players different experiences.
>Yes, Guzma is the Po Town Gym Leader and the only constant one between both versions.
>>
i think it'd make sense if the trail captains who are now too old to be captains became gym leaders. Though why would acerola still be a trail captain. Wouldn't she be too busy with her job as an elite four member?
Also i like gym leaders being different between versions. Gives a real reason for two different versions to exist besides exclusive pokemon.
>>
File: Fakemon Region.png (40KB, 1156x872px) Image search: [Google]
Fakemon Region.png
40KB, 1156x872px
>>32384541
Region based off of western canada, main gimmick is sort of a "lost world"/Palentology theme.
>>
>type affinity
>pseudo third type
>gets one weakness and one resistance from the affinity and a X1.25 multiplier on moves from that affinity
>>
File: 1464894895090.jpg (3MB, 10000x7069px) Image search: [Google]
1464894895090.jpg
3MB, 10000x7069px
>>32384619
That is true with Acerola.

But as for all the former trial captains becoming gym leaders? I'm not so sure.

Ilima, maybe, but Kiawe wanted to be a traditional fire dancer as I recall, Mallow wanted to run a restaurant (I don't remember if it was her own or just take over for her father), and Mina wants to do art but I want her to fucking have something because she OWES the player after giving us no trial in Sun and Moon.

As for trials themselves, in my ideal world, trials would not just be different between versions, but each game's version has three different trials it will select one of at random for the player to go through to give every player a different experience on their Alola adventure.

Also meant to keep a player from getting too complacent and thinking: "Hah, I read the guide, I know how to do this!"
>>
My idea for a new league system in an sm sequel
>Island 1: Poni
>Totem Comfey, holds pecha berry +1 speed
>Summons Marill
>Kahuna Hapu
>A-Diglett
>Shellos
>Mudbray
>Island 2: Akala
>Nothing changed except Olivia's boldore is replaced with a Carbink
>Island 3: Ula'ula
>Totem Vikavolt now knows Shock Wave
>Totem mimikyu is the same
>Kahuna Nanu
>Sableye
>Krokorok
>Absol
>A-Persian
>Island 4: Melemele
>Totem Oranguru
>Summons Passimian and Slaking (The Oranguru also knows skill swap)
>Kahuna Hau
>Pangoro
>Lucario
>Bewear
>Crabominable
>Totem Kommo-o: same except scaled to the levels of previous trainers and holds a Roseli Berry
>Elite Four Guzma
Ariados
Masquerain
Araquanid
Pinsir
Scizor (postgame)
Golisopod
>Elite Four Ryuki
Kingdra
Flygon
Drampa
Haxorus
Goodra (postgame)
Turtonator
>Elite Four Acerola
Sableye
Froslass
Mimikyu
Gengar
Mismagius (Postgame)
Palossand
>Elite Four Kahili
Same team as SM
Togekiss (Postgame)
>Champion Lillie
A-Raichu
A-Dugtrio
A-Persian
A-Exeggutor
A-Marowak
A-Ninetales
>Lake of the Sunne/Moone
If male
>Pokemon trainer Sun
Starter matching yours
Espeon
Aerodactyl
A-Exeggutor
Silvally SE against Gladion's
Solgaleo
>If f.emale
>Pokemon Trainer Moon
>Starter matching yours
>Umbreon
>Aerodactyl
>A-Exeggutor
>Silvally SE against Gladion's
>Lunala
>>
>>32384541
Psychic types are immune to confusion.
Fighting types are immune to flinching.
Dragon types are immune to Disable, Taunt, Encore and Torment.
Fairy types are immune to infatuation.

Light Metal halves damage from Ground moves, and Heavy Metal prevents forced switch-outs.

Some abilities give you field actions. Hyper Cutter lets you cut down trees, Sheer Force moves boulders, etc.
If you need to go into a dark cave, you're directed to catch a Volbeat from the tall grass outside and take it with you. You can still pick up the Flash HM later on, but it's optional.
>>
>>32384765
>Fighting types are immune to flinching

They would probably need to retcon lots of abilities that revolve around flinching that are on Fifgting types usually if they did that.
>>
File: Missingno.png (6KB, 183x140px) Image search: [Google]
Missingno.png
6KB, 183x140px
>>32384541
Ghost type that evolves if it levels up while holding a fossil.

Its evolved form is Ghost/Rock and looks like a skeletal version of the Pokémon the fossil is based on.
>>
>>32384541
I want a game where you play as Lillie travelling through Kanto
>>
>>32386830
Posted mine here
>>
>>32384842
Just like they replaced Stunfisk's limber
>>
File: 1432023943085.jpg (368KB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
1432023943085.jpg
368KB, 1280x1816px
>>32384765
On the note of type bonuses, a bit back, I noticed that there's a few status moves that are exactly the same sans the typing, and unlike attack moves, it that doesn't really make much of a difference.

So I had been thinking about some kind of "Same-type-status-bonus" giving things like Rock-types boosted defense when they use Rock Polish in addition to the +2 speed boost.

>>32386637
oh, that sounds kind of cool.

>>32386867
More variants aren't bad. I thought they were a neat gimmick for Alola, and genuinely fear Gamefreak will drop them after this generation.
>>
>>32384541
>Soul stealer
Base 80 physical ghost attack that is a draining move
Almost anything that gets shadow sneak and golurk

>Swordsmen
Slash/claw moves get a 50% boost with a 10% add critical rate

Bisharp, samourtt, swords of justice, mega gallade

Letting more Pokemon get drill peck, zig zap,and fire lash would be nice
>>
File: 250px-328Trapinch.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-328Trapinch.png
46KB, 250x250px
A Mega Flygon that devolves into something more like Trapinch.
Loses speed and special attack for better defense and Attack
Looks somewhat like a cross between an antlion larva, snapping turtle, and sandworm
Stays Dragon/Ground
Keeps Flygon's eye covers.
>>
>>32384842
Inner Focus = Also prevents PP from being reduced by Pressure, Spite, etc.

Steadfast = Your speed increases whenever you flinch or one of your attacks fails (as Stomping Tantrum).
>>
File: 250px-658Greninja.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-658Greninja.png
38KB, 250x250px
>>32384541
>Ability: Lightning Defenses
>Any time the user boosts their Speed stat, they gain +1 Evasion. Any time they boost their Evasion Stat they gain +1 speed

Possibly to replace Protean on Greninja which feels way too powerful and doesn't feel like it matches the whole ninja thing at all. (and before you bring up Frogs, delphox and chesnaut's HAs both play to their 'class' not their species)
>>
File: Armored_Mewtwo.jpg (179KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Mewtwo.jpg
179KB, 500x692px
Randomly sharing a few more ideas for Abilities, these specifically for legendaries:

>Articuno: Chilling Winds
>Each time the user uses a flying or ice type attack on an opponent, the opponent's speed stat decreases by one stage.

>Zapdos: Thunderbird
>Each time the user uses a flying or electric type move on an opponent, user's speed increases by one stage.

>Moltres: Fanning Flames
>Each time the user uses a flying or fire type move on an opponent, the user's attack and special attack increase by one stage.

>Mewtwo: Intelligent design
>Reduces damage taken by super effective attacks by half (dealing only x1.50 damage) and increases damage of NVE attacks by double (to deal x.75 damage)
>>
File: 1492043113804.jpg (166KB, 753x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1492043113804.jpg
166KB, 753x1048px
> Sinnoh New Game (retcon of DPP, not a remake). Soji & Makoto as PCs & Cross as Rival!

> West Side Sinnoh

01) Pal Park Grass Trial - Totem Tangrowth w/ Ally Tangela & Carnivine (Level 10) - Captain Gardenia

02) Valley Windworks Electric Trial - Totem Pachirisu w/ Ally Shinx & Elekid (Level 15) - Captain Volkner

03) Fuego Ironworks Fire Type - Totem Monferno w/ Ally Ponyta & Magby (Level 15) - Captain Flint

04) Eterna Forest Bug Type - Totem Vespiquen w/ Ally Combee, Burmy & Heracross (Level 20) - Captain Aaron

05) Oreburgh Mine Rock Trial - Totem Cranidos w/ Ally Geodude, Onix & Rhyhorn (Level 20) - Captain Roark

06) Lake Verity Water Trial - Totem Bibarel w/ Ally Bidoof (Level 25) - Grand Captain Crasher Wake

> East Side Sinnoh

07) Old Mansion Dark Trial - Totem Honchkrow w/ Ally Murkrow & Absol (Level 30) - Captain Marley

08) Solaceon Ruins Psychic Trial - Totem Chingling w/ Ally Unown & Kirlia (Level 35) - Captain Lucian

09) Lost Tower Ghost Trial - Totem Mismagius w/ Ally Misdreavus & Duskull (Level 35) - Captain Fantina

10) Great Marsh Normal Trial - Totem Lickilicky w/ Ally Lickitung, Glameow & Munchlax (Level 40) - Captain Cheryl

11) Sendoff Spring Flying Trial - Totem Staraptor w/ Ally Staravia, Golbat & Chatot (Level 40) - Captain Maylene

12) Lake Valor Steel Trial - Totem Bronzong w/ Ally Bronzor (Level 45) - Grand Captain Byron

> North Side Sinnoh

13) Iron Island Fighting Trial - Totem Lucario w/ Ally Riolu & Machoke (Level 50) - Captain Riley

14) Seabreak Path Fairy Trial - Totem Togekiss w/ Ally Togetic & Clefairy (Level 55) - Captain Mira

15) Mount Stark Poison Trial - Totem Stuntank w/ Ally Toxicroak & Drapion (Level 55) - Captain Buck

16) Route 228 Ground Trial - Totem Hipppdown w/ Hippopotas, New Gastrodon & Gliscor (Level 60) - Captain Bertha

17) Snowpoint Temple Ice Trial - Totem Froslass w/ Ally Glalie, Plioswine & Weavile (Level 60) - Captain Candice

18) Lake Acuity Dragon Trial - Level 65 Garchomp - Grand Captain Cynthia
>>
In alola sequel, make guzma the bug type champion
>>
>>32388524
Trapinch needs a dplit evolution bug/ground.

Same for dragonair haunter, combee, etc...
>>
>>32384765
Poison types are treated as if they have Liquid Ooze when getting hit by absorption move like Giga Drain and when they're leech seeded. Pokemon with the ability liquid ooze now have their poison attacks treated as if they're also water attacks simultaneously, in the same way that Flying Press is treated as a flying and fighting move simultaneously.
>>
File: B-BAKANA.png (107KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
B-BAKANA.png
107KB, 341x334px
>>32389213
>haunter
I really think Gengar is fine, even if it doesn't follow up with them hands.
>Dragonair
We really do.
>Combee
This.
The main reason I wanna see sandworm mega flygon is to piss off all the people begging for a more traditional mega.
>>
region that is mostly city covered
>>
A region thats mostly snow covered
>>
File: SABLEYE.gif (2MB, 346x245px) Image search: [Google]
SABLEYE.gif
2MB, 346x245px
A revamp of Pokemon Battle Revoloution for the Switch
With actual good animations for all the mons.
I could probably die happy then.
Announcer included.
>>
File: image.png (69KB, 235x174px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69KB, 235x174px
eggs now have some features of the species they contain.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>32389463
if only. It would be nice to get a main console pokemon game like BR or Colosseum again.

>>32387988
>Swordsman
I'd love this, and I was about to suggest Katarna getting it too. Then I remember it has Beast Boost.

Kind of odd how there's so many abilities which feel like they'd be more fitting for UBs but they're just stuck with ultra-boost.

Now, another idea I'd love to see:

>Balltism system
>You can select the outer shell (geometries so you can have things like bumps or bands)
>Top pattern
>Bottom pattern
>Particle effect upon release
>Type-modules to raise happiness of the pokemon within if it matches one or both of their types
>Battle module which gives an in-battle effect to recalled or freshly sent out pokemon (like a 1-turn duration, single stage stat boost, healing a small amount of HP, healing a status ailment/state debuff, etc.)
>>
>>32386637
Well this the greatest fakemon concept I've ever heard.
>>
>>32390081
I like this idea, but the battle modules might be a step too far.
>>
Balls that work better when the Pokemon is paralyzed/burned etc. I'm surprised this isn't already a thing.
>>
>>32390231
That's actually a really good idea, status balls would be really handy for those times when you're trying to catch something and accidentally status it via ability or secondary effect.
>>
>>32390081
>Kind of odd how there's so many abilities which feel like they'd be more fitting for UBs but they're just stuck with ultra-boost.

Beast Boost is supposed to be a result of them soaking up energy from dimensional portals, right? Hidden abilities aren't out of the question.

>>32386637
Make all evolved forms the same species, with identical stats and/or movepools, but with different abilities which each change its weaknesses? Aerodactyl grants Levitate, Kabutops grants Storm Drain, and some other stuff gets Sap Sipper and Solid Rock. Maybe throw in Lightning Rod and Flash Fire if you really want.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.