[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is shiny locking a thing? WHY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Why is shiny locking a thing? WHY?
>>
>>32382126
Tapu Koko can be shiny with SR?
>>
>>32382126
To encourage you to get off your fat ass and go to their events.

Also to spot out obvious cheaters.
>>
>>32382135
No, there was an event.
>>
>>32382141
But, Tapu Koko isn't in the pic.
>>
>>32382126
i really wanted to sr for a shiny solgaleo aswell... stupid gamefreak
>>
>>32382126
1. So that people will be forced to continue with the story rather than being able to SR for hours for a shiny.
2. Discrepancy between out of battle and in battle (e.g. it appears normal outside of it but shiny in battle).
3. They now make shiny ones into events, so that less Mythicals will need to be made.
4. Because they don't want some stuff to be shiny.
5. So that every person who gets an event Pokemon will get the same one and no kid will have a super special shiny lucky one.
>>
>>32382155
It was available.
>>
File: 1491744784630.gif (1MB, 446x469px) Image search: [Google]
1491744784630.gif
1MB, 446x469px
>There is explicitly multiple populations of every UBs that can most likely breed in-universe.
>Shiny locked.
>There are literally only three Type:Null most likely created the same.
>Not shiny locked.
>>
File: 1369971912989.gif (955KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1369971912989.gif
955KB, 360x360px
>>32382139
>to get off your fat ass and go to their events.
You mean pay out the ass just to visit Japan for Ones and Zeroes that sputter out a Pokemon with a different Palette?
Because a lot of these events have been Japan-only.
>>
>>32382155
Are you retarded tripfag?

The pokemon in the pic are unavailable shiny. Tapu-Koko had an event where it was shiny, so it isn't in the pic. What about that don't you understand faggot?
>>
To stop kids from autistically resetting the game for hours
>>
>>32382182
It was available as an event, hence it's no longer on the list of "unattainable shiny pokemon"
>>
>>32382126
>Marshadow
>shiny locked
It's regular locked too. It shouldn't be on the list at all because there's no way of getting it period. We don't know if they'll release a shiny one a la Genesect either.
>>
>>32382196
>>32382180
>>32382172
Sorry, I'm retarded.
>>
>>32382174
Yeah, that honestly pissed me off. If they made Guzzlord the only shiny locked one it would have made sense, I guess.
>>
>>32382174
That makes sense though, one of the Type: Null's could easily be designed differently, much like the Red Genesect.

UB's being shiny locked is meh though
>>
>>32382126
So kids get the legendaries that appear in the cover instead of an ugly piece of shit
>>
>>32382126
I really wanted shiny celebi :c
>>
>>32386594
jokes on aou, i have one
just injcet lol
>>
>>32382126
I know Xerneas and Yveltal were events and the Weather Trio can be in gen III and IV (shiny locked in ORAS) but has shiny Deoxys also been an event?
>>
>>32382164
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

6. Because then they can do even more events and do even more marketing and cash in even more money when every Legendary/Mythical counts as 2. First they make ordinary events, then shiny events to trump the old events.
>>
>>32386623
Deoxys can be soft resetted for shiny in FRLG
>>
>>32386623
Can't you SR Birth Island Deoxys?
>>
>>32386642
this, I was hyped when shiny jirachi was announced
>>
>>32386648
>>32386649
Ah, that explains it.
>>
>>32382126
because GF and TPC hate their fans and want to see them suffering
>>
>hurf durf it's to stop people SRing for them
why would they care? if people want to soft reset for shinies, let them
>>
>>32382126
To help the fight against Autism.
>>
So that GameStop doesn't go out of buisness
>>
>>32386642
1. Yes, it started back in BW you tard.
2. Basic logic.
3. Yes, because it's the exact fucking same as your "point 6"
4. Yeah this is just assuming stuff
5. This was stated only for Celebi, I don't know about the rest.

6. Same as point 3, tard.
>>
>>32388101
Fuck that reminds me of shinylocked Zekrom
fuck
>>
>>32388120
Zekrom and Reshiram aren't locked in Oras
>>
Celebi can be shiny in Gen 2 through the Ilex Forest event, while official event Mew in Gen 1 never had the right DVs to be shiny.

Then in Gen 3, Mew could be shiny through the Faraway Island event, but Celebi has been distributed through events only and has yet to be shiny.

Trivia~
>>
>>32383891
>>32382174

This makes me think. Every time you load a save, what if it loads an alternate universe where the legendary has a chance at being alternate colored? I don't think it'd make much sense otherwise to stare a Mewtwo in the face, save, reset, and suddenly it's a different color.
Doesn't hurt that Pokemon's already got a multiverse theory going on
>>
>>32388139
Yeah but they're postgame and non-plot relevant there, none of the postgame legends from past games in ORAS are shinylocked
>>
Still strange that 7 years passed and there hasn't been shiny Victini/Keldeo/Meloetta events, even in Japan.
>>
>>32382126
Canonicity
Why do you think Reshiram and Zekrom aren't locked in ORAS? ORAS's legendaries are from other universes (but are there thanks to Hoopa's rings) so an universe in which they are shiny is possible, but in the main (canon) universe they aren't shiny so no matter how much you try it, you can't get their shiny versions in BW or BW2. Same with other legendaries, Nebby is canonically non shiny, Zygarde isn't shiny, Victini isn't shiny, etc.
>>
>>32388158
Pokemon basically has Rick and Morty level layers of multiverse facets

Universes upon universes of subtle, superficial differences, including particular legendary Pokemon being a different color, all the champions possibly being a boy or a girl, the Kalos and Alolan champions wearing different outfits

And these alternate champions all fight between dimensions with their alternate Pokemon teams.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.