[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 20

File: image.png (103KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103KB, 300x180px
I completely missed all the ORAS talk after it came out. I was so hyped for it but when I finally got it I became disenchanted with it. Hoenn is my favorite region and I felt like the remakes didn't do any justice to it. Everything looked ugly and copy-pasted. Look at pic related, the grass being always a dark shade of green, the water a dark shade of blue, the rocks an ugly brown that makes a horrible contrast with thw grass. It doesn't look pretty and tropical like the originals. I was also too much into getting EVs right that it crippled my experience, always trying to battle against pokes that would be beneficial for a given pokemon status, trying to breed a perfect nature for every poke in my party, etc. It was too much so I abandoned it and lost interest in Pokémon all together.
Until now when I undusted it and stopped giving a shit about autistic stuff so I could play. I think it's very enjoyable, probably a lot easier. I'm at Sea Mauville atm, I'm sad that it replaced the old sunken ship but this place seems dark and I look forward to completely explore it. This game seems to have a lot of dark moments than the other games btw.

What about you?
>>
>>32381015
>and I felt like the remakes didn't do any justice to it.

You and everyone else who isn't a blind fanboy.

The lack of Battle Frontier is inexcusable.
>>
>>32381033
>no battle frontier

WHAT THE FUUUUUUCCKKK why is GF so lazy?
>>
>>32381015
I mostly agree except with tha dark moments thing.

It's a slightly below average game that's only real positive is being relatively competently made in terms of mechanics and features. And yeah, the aesthetics of the region are just bad. the mountain tiles look particularly bad
>>
>>32381033
The remakes could have been better, I agree, but the battle frontier was introduced in Emerald, not Ruby and Sapphire so there's an excuse about not including it.
>>
I think visually ORAS Hoenn shits all over the fucking ugly RSE Hoenn, but then ORAS has its own myriad of issues with content and certain aspects of gameplay being worse than Emerald which is what actually matters.
>>
>>32381476
I think RSE looked almost aesthetically perfect for the time it came out. The novelty of the graphics compared to GSC and how "cute" everything was (the grass, the pokemon center looks, the effects of walking on low water, being able to get into beds, etc). ORAS doesn't work because now we get everything in real size instead of pixel representations of objects (ie in RSE you saw a bunch of trees and you imagined that there was a forest, here what you see is what there is, there's nothing to imagine) so that takes away the charm of the original games' visuals. And the color palette is just awful looking, but at least the water looks pretty.
>>
>>32381015
>I was also too much into getting EVs right that it crippled my experience, always trying to battle against pokes that would be beneficial for a given pokemon status, trying to breed a perfect nature for every poke in my party, etc.

Wow that is fucking retarded.
>>
>>32381466
No it's not. Emerald isn't this stand alone game. It's a remake. Emerald is a remake of ruby and sapphire. So why would the next remakes leave that out?
That defense is just purposefully dense and I don't understand how people could use it seriously.
>>
>>32381476
Out of every modern region, ORAS' 3D overwold is the second worst, only better than the terrible tiles of DPPt
>>
>>32381573
Personally, I feel RSE has the second worst color palette in the series, and ORAS was a massive improvement there. It's the only region where grass is actually colored like any grass I've seen growing in real life, as opposed to the neon shit of DPPt, the dried out dead grass of XY and SM, the blue bullshit of HGSS, or BW/BW2's seasonal dependence of the three color choices above.
>>
File: image.png (512KB, 750x1118px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
512KB, 750x1118px
>>32381637
Personally I wish the grass color palette had been like the above in this pic. The below is what we got, it's too dark.
>>
>>32381015
I liked ORAS, but it just didn't have that certain 'magic'? RSE had the first time I played it.
>>
>>32381015
Best remake in the franchise. Everyone shitting on it is merely an underage bandwagoner.
>>
>>32381466
I agree anon. Similarly, the physical/special split, PSS, 3D graphics, and Pokémon 387-721 weren't in Ruby and Sapphire, so they shouldn't have been in ORAS.
>>
>>32381750
I thought HGSS was waaay better, almost perfect. Not only it was beautiful looking but it had the best mechanics as well as being the only one where you can walk with your pokemon. I thought the remakes could only get better which is why I was so hyped for this one.
>>
That game is terrible you shouldnt be wasting your time playing it
>>
>>32381716
It's competent but soulless. Compared to SM that has a lot of personality but is so shoddy

>>32381750
is this memes?

>>32381637
You see, I want to say I disagree with you since I liked it's pallete the second least, but your assessment of the colours in the other games are so spot on that I'll give you this one
>>
>>32381716
>first time I played it.
There's your reason. Add leaks and previews, and it can never be the same.
>>
File: alola-map.jpg (248KB, 1484x990px) Image search: [Google]
alola-map.jpg
248KB, 1484x990px
I think that in terms of color scheme etc the best are SM and HGSS, the worst, without any doubt DP or XY that awful washed colors are puagg.
>>
>>32381750
I'd say HGSS is still better despite the level curve issue and being plagued by gen 4's shit engine. ORAS could've been a lot better if they added more things to explore than just that Heatran cave, Hoopa rings, and one-two room mirage spots.
>>
>>32381033
Ruby and Saphire remakes, not Emerald
>>
>>32381823
HGSS were remakes of Gold and Silver yet implemented multiple elements from Crystal.
>>
>>32381445
They look like they are made of compressed cheetos.
>>
>>32381750
I like FRLG the most. I don't like how HGSS tweaked the story and tacked the aesthetics, and ORAS is very lacking in features or aspects that by all means it should've had, even missing some stuff vanilla RS had. HGSS also has the issue where it doesn't really fix any of GSC's flaws, and while ORAS fixes some flaws of RSE or improves some lacking areas it also tries to fix some things that weren't broken.

FRLG actually fixes the main flaws with RGB which are the broken mechanics though that's natural for a remake and improving the horrendous enemy teams, and then just adds onto the experience from there with a good deal of brand-new content.
>>
File: GlaDv3N.jpg (104KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
GlaDv3N.jpg
104KB, 500x637px
>>32381952
I know, but even if I am a minority of one, the truth is the truth
>>
>>32381807
correct
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 400x240px
>>32381637
>the dried out dead grass of XY and SM

I haven't played those yet but for what I've seen the grass looks closer to what I wanted it to look in ORAS. If only the water looked better in XY, I think it's the best visual aspect from ORAS so far.
>>
>>32381807
DP's neon shit is pretty bad, XY's washed out colors I didn't mind but I understand not liking them and I wouldn't call them the best, SM is basically XY again but a tiny bit more vibrant, HGSS has blue fucking grass.
>>
>>32382041
Post examples of blue grass pls I don't remember that.
>>
>>32381033
>>32381093
>>32381594

BF is gay, kys
>>
File: pokemon-x-and-y-screenshots-y.jpg (91KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-x-and-y-screenshots-y.jpg
91KB, 400x240px
>>32381637
I liked XY's grass a lot. Gave it a cozy fall/winter feeling.

The tall grass though, they really should've done a better job making it match up with its surroundings.
>>
File: 02-original-gba-screen.jpg (57KB, 972x573px) Image search: [Google]
02-original-gba-screen.jpg
57KB, 972x573px
>>32381637
>I feel RSE has the second worst color palette in the series
A lot of it had to do with GF trying to compensate for the original GBA's horribly dark screen. If you look at lot of SNES-to-GBA ports, most of them had their colors brightened and washed out horribly to make them more visible on this POS screen.
>>
File: yQSmLRx.png (21KB, 256x193px) Image search: [Google]
yQSmLRx.png
21KB, 256x193px
>>32382051
>>
>>32382785
Yeah tall grass looks too bright
>>
>>32382828
Looks green to me m8
>>
ORAS is one of the very best games.
>>
>>32382934
Might want to adjust your monitor's color settings there, bucko
>>
File: image.png (340KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
340KB, 750x1334px
>>32382956
Nigga this is fucking green lol
>>
>>32381015
There are two kinds of remake:
The ones made with heart and actually caring about the original work (see HGSS or the new wonder boy)
The ones which are just commercial operations that use nostalgia to milk fans.
ORAS belongs in the second category, therefore, it will always be a shitty remake. As a "stand-alone game" though, it is passable.
>>
>>32381445
>I mostly agree except with tha dark moments thing.

Is there a darker game in the series or did you skip Sea Mauville entirely? Not to mention the other instances like:

Those two little girls locked in a room

Trick Master being some lonely bald dude who traps little kids into his house and makes up weird passwords like "I love Trick Master", "I want to hug Trick Master".

That guy who apparently kept a Lopunny as sex slave and mega evolved her just to fuck her.
>>
>>32381466
this makes no sense. Emerald is a better version if rs, so this is not excuse at all. Battle frontier SHOULD be there, and they didnt add it fue to laziness
>>
File: hitchiker david.png (197KB, 850x846px) Image search: [Google]
hitchiker david.png
197KB, 850x846px
>>32381015
I fucking loved it because I'm an adult who doesn't pin unrealistic expectations on others.
It was everything I wanted and more.
>>
File: paths and puddles.png (123KB, 660x362px) Image search: [Google]
paths and puddles.png
123KB, 660x362px
>>32382828
>>32382956
You should be posting the tall grass

either way I prefer HGSS to ORAS aesthetics wise
>>
>>32383412
In every Gen, the most recent game is the darkest, or the one with the most adult moments, etc
>>
>>32381952
HGSS were remakes of crystal with GS exclusives anon. Mainly because GS didn't have anything in it that could carry a game on its own. Which is v why it copy and pasted a lot of content and even (lazily) used the future entralink sprites for walking pokemon
>>
File: 1481932853150.png (50KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481932853150.png
50KB, 400x240px
>>32381015
>GF remakes a game that's a complete upgrade to the originals in EVERY single way.
>People still act like the originals were better.
What.
>>
>>32383610
>lazily used sprites from the future
this whole post seems funny but this is the best
>>
>>32383614
>lower framerate
>no gym leader rematches
>easier
>worse looking
>managed to be worse than the other remake RS got
aha
>>
>>32383621
You realise BW and HGSS were in development at the same time right?
The sprites are also exactly the same. Any how you look at it they took assets from BW and tacked them on to HGSS. It also explains why the partner mon text was so mediocre and limited and why each Pokeathlon category had cross overs in events.
>>
>>32383614
The original wasnt better, but for a remake oras could be better, adding more original content and not excluding them.
>>
>>32383614
>Hollywood remakes a movie that's a complete upgrade of the original in EVERY single way
>People still act like the original was better

^This is how dumb you sound
>>
>>32383675
What about that is dumb?
>>
>>32383675
Are you seriously comparing movies to video games.
>>
>>32383685
Stating that remakes are inherently better because they are "upgrades".
>>
>>32383645
The same could be said about every remake in the world.
I'm so tired of seeing everyone try to act like a critic or be intelligent by pretending their standards are higher than reasonable.
>>
>>32383696
You do realise that a video game remake and a movie remake are two completely different things right?
>>
>>32383697
Remakes are supposed to be better, that's the point. Or at least different on their own way but equally good. ORAS feels like a souless rushed cashgrab.
>>
>>32383706
Yes and the same rules and quality standards apply to them.
>>
File: 1314011553058.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1314011553058.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>32383696
I never said that. What I said is that if a remake captures everything the original did and improves upon it all, it is objectively superior to the original.
You can prefer the original if you want, no one will object to that, but if you're going to act like the remake is awful dogshit, even as an exaggeration, you're just making yourself look like a fool.
>>32383719
>ORAS feels like a souless rushed cashgrab.
Why?
>>
>>32383697
No... oras so far was the worst pokemon remake. But by no means the worst game, you see the difference?
>>
>>32383728
No, no they don't.
The two mediums are judged on entirely different merits and only an idiot would use the requirements and standards of one for the other.
>>
I don't get why some people like ORAS. I haven't even played the originals and think it's bad. This isn't simply about comparing it to the originals, as a Pokemon game it fails the standards.
>>
>>32383730
If by improving you mean using modern graphics, fixing errors and that shit then it's not an improvement, that is expected.
>>
>>32383778
One question, how do you feel about SM?
>>
>>32383785
Anon, that falls under the term "improvement" too you know.
>>
File: 1492616551519.jpg (20KB, 221x190px) Image search: [Google]
1492616551519.jpg
20KB, 221x190px
>>32383412
>That guy who apparently kept a Lopunny as sex slave and mega evolved her just to fuck her.

Wait what?
>>
>>32381015
Emerald was my favorite game and I actually really enjoyed ORAS. It added a lot to my favorite region and got to focus on some of my favorite characters that didn't really get a lot of attention before. Yeah, there was a lot of hand-holding, but it was mostly optional (unlike S/M).

Yeah, it sucks that there's no battle frontier, but that doesn't ruin the whole game for me, because I actually recognize that there aren't any perfect Pokemon games and you can enjoy them even if they're flawed.
>>
>>32383754
Let's see. A remake needs to upgrade and improve on the original (visuals, sound, music, etc), fix its errors and everything that makes it look dated, give it a more fresh feel without betraying the charm of the original and excluding the things that made it work, while at the same time keeping the things that made it good and beloved. Its quality needs to be as good for our time as the original's was for its time.
Am I talking about videogames or movies here?
>>
>>32383785
So what exactly is an improvement to you?
>>
>>32383793
I believe it's better than ORAS, I certainly had a better time playing the main game. I actually just completed the pokedex yesterday, but that doesn't mean it's good. I don't feel any motivation to beat the battle tree. Unlike the Maison's trophies and multiple battle styles it seems lackluster. Though, that has more to do with XY perhaps now that I think about it since I have only gotten one trophy in ORAS. But I definitely think ORAS had a better postgame than SM (Delta episode is more fun than being forced to catch UBs).
>>
>>32383614
/vp/ average poster isn't people
>>
>>32383837
Gameplay, breeding mechanics, stuff like surf speed or being given the option to use another repel. Things that have been inproved as the games go on and get added here. Modern graphics are not an improvement, just an update, since the original graphics looked great for the time they came out (even relatively better imo).
>>
>>32383778
>Your standards
Implying I should care about then
>>
>>32383829
You're not too smart are you.
You're being intentionally vague to scramble a point while ignoring the main aspects of the two mediums. If it weren't for the mention of sound you could have been taking about a comic book or something along those lines.

Things like interactivity and longevity for video games are a priority over plot and visuals unlike movies where they're a top priority along with general acting and body language.
They also have separate sub qualities such as a consistent framerate for a video game visuals and lighting for movies.
Do you understand how different the two are? You're not going to judge a movie based on how much optional content it has and you're not going to judge a children's RPG on how deep and complex the plot it.

Think before you post next time.
>>
>>32383918
You might want to change your definitions there seeing as you've just called ORAS the best and most improved remake.
>>
>>32383943
My point is that just because it's a remake it doesn't make it instantly better. There are videogames from the late 80s that are relatively better than some of the shit getting produced today.
>>
>>32383918
In other words, you didn't want o a remake
Also, ORAS bring those changes too
>>
>>32383961
I didn't call it the best and technically it's the most improved since it's the most recent one to come out.
>>
>>32383984
>ORAS bring those changes too

That's what I'm talking about. Still doesn't make it a good remake or better remake than HGSS.
>>
>>32384004
So you're being intentionally retarded?
After all using your logic HGSS is the worst.
>>
>>32384016
Why?
>>
>>32381466
yes, I want to be the tower instead
>>
>>32383824
>Emerald was my favorite game and I actually really enjoyed ORAS.
Same.
>>
>>32383629
the gym rematches was in esmerald
>>
>>32381594
>Emerald isn't this stand alone game. It's a remake.
No.
>>
>>32384139
For starters HGSS didn't bring any improvements either to the series in general or as a remake as all of the flaws of the original are in it.
All it brought were bells and whistles.
>>
Lets be objective for a while.

What ORIGINAL CONTENT did HGSS add to GSC? The Pokeathlon. That's is the only significant feature it introduced. (and 2 new routes, if we wanna be generous). Everything else was a copy paste from a previous game. It also didn't bring any new formes.

ORAS introduced DexNav, Soaring, Mirage Spots, BuzzNav, Delta Episode, catching a Mythical in game for the first time, new characters like Aarune, and most importantly 25 new Pokemon formes (20 Megas, 2 Primal Reversions, etc).

HGSS copy pasted. ORAS created.
>>
>>32384385
The discussion was never about original content, don't you remember all the "muh battle frontier" threads? At least know the argument before you make a point.
>>
>>32383152
>>32382956
>>32382934
It's turquoise you mongs
>>
>>32384421
>>32384385
So cramming in stuff that wasn't in the original because it didn't need to is an improvement for you?
>>
>>32384459
He just said HGSS wasn't an improvement what more do to want?
>>
>>32384478
I disagree. HGSS improved a lot more on GSC than ORAS did on RSE.
>>
>>32384385
and ORAS failed to bring all the good old content, even the ones that could be easily copy-pasted from previous games.
>>
>>32384419
The discussion was about which remake iwas better and the answer is ORAS.

>>32384459
>wow, this anon showed some undeniable arguments. I will just reply that those new features are unnecessary and hope nobody notices...

Nice try, anon.
>>
>>32384494
>HGSS improved a lot more on GSC
Such as? The game was more or less just a graphical update with no significant improvements. It even has most of the flaws of the original game.

It's also worth noting that it's version of the safari zone is often called the worst one due to its unexplained customization mechanic.
>>
>>32384551
>The discussion was about which remake iwas better
No, it was not.
OP never mentioned this.
>>
>>32384576
Not him but you do realise that conversation topics can change right? What's in the OP is irrelevant to what's in the actual thread.
>>
>>32384551
I meant they weren't necessary to make RSE a great game. If ORAS needs them to be better than the originals then it must be really lacking.
>>
>>32384591
Yes, it can change.
But don't came here saying: "the discussion was about". He brought HGSS to the topic. He created a new discussion. I don't know why ORASfags are so butthured that they can't defend their own game so insted they decide to attack others for no reason.
Also, there is a lot of Hoennbabbies that don't defend ORAS.
>>
>>32384623
Anon, the conversation has been what makes a good remake for a while now with HGSS being called a good one.
Chiming in and saying "but the OP says differently!" Doesn't change a thing about the current conversation.
On top of that you're making the assumption that he's the same anon that brought up HGSS in the first place.

As for attacking people, by the looks of things you're the only one doing that right now instead of making sense of your own arguments.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 750x723px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 750x723px
>>32383820
>>
>>32384677
Anon who started a new discussion and brought up HGSS to the topic: >>32384385
Anon who decided to attack HGSS since this is not the topic of the thread: >>32384385
Some people like HGSS, some people prefer over ORAS, others prefer ORAS, the are people who like both.
>HGSS being called a good one.
Calling HGSS a good remake is not the same as calling ORAS a bad one.
>>
>>32384513
>good old content
Nostalgia fags are so annoying... You realize you can still play that content in the original games right?
>>32384607

Adding on top of an already good game is
considered a negative!?

>>32384623
I didn't bring HGSS to the conversation. Usually HGSS fags bring HGSS to threads about other games. I just explained why ORAS is better.
>>
>>32384701
You might want to scroll up beyond that post anon because HGSS was brought into this thread before that post was made.
>>
>>32384718
>Adding on top of an already good game is considered a negative
No, but it doesn't make it better than another remake that didn't do the same.
>>
>>32384727
And he never replied to him.
>>
>>32384718
>You realize you can still play that content in the original games right?
Sure. Sadly those great content aren't in ORAS.
>I didn't bring HGSS to the conversation
Yes, you do. See your original post.
>>
>>32384727
Pokemon walked

Was great
>>
>>32384729
>No, but it doesn't make it better than another remake that didn't do the same.
It kind of does when those additions improve the game. That's kind of how improvements work.
>>
>>32384731
And?
If HGSS was brought up as a comparison prior to his post how is it possible for him to be the one to bring it up.
>>
>>32384731
That was who I was responding to, just without quoting him.
>>
>>32384737
>Sure. Sadly those great content aren't in ORAS.
And luckily ORAS replaced most of that content with BETTER content, like DexNav instead of The Safari Zone game, being a good example.
>>
>>32384784
One of the two: he either saw anons talking about HGSS, didn't got the guts to reply to them, and decided to make a new topic, praying for them to not notice it or he never saw them and started a new topic by himself.
>>32384788
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>32384779
I didn't say they weren't improvements, just that they didn't make ORAS better than HGSS.
>>
>>32381466
>this completely fucking retarded line of argumentation is still being used 2 and a half years later
>>
been checking mirage spots every single day for like 6 months now and not a single unown cave or crescent island. it's always the same 4 or 5 spots
>>
>>32384799
>comparing the battle frontier, gym leader rematches and many others to the repetitive Dexnav
Most people still prefer Emerald over ORAS anon
>>
>>32384799
>muh dexnav

Guess what, the VAST MAJORITY of players don't care about ivs, hidden abilities, chaining and all that autism. Howevwr, they do care about having MORE CONTENT once you finish the main game, and the Battle Frontier was one of the most beloved of gen 3 and probably the most awaited adition to the remakes.
>>
>>32384831
>VAST MAJORITY
>MORE CONTENT
Two completely meaningless phrases
The former is backed up with no evidence at all suggesting as such and makes the outrageous statement that a useful features doesn't matter if it goes unused.
And the latter being based entirely on personal opinion and a little bit of misconception.

The whole thing however is just assumption.
>>
>>32384861
>The whole thing however is just assumption
just like you are making right now?
>>
>>32384861
>makes the outrageous statement that a useful features doesn't matter if it goes unused.

LMAO stop making shit up, I never said or implied that. And you say they are just my baseless assumptions but ask any kid between 8 and 15 (aka the target demographic) if they would exchange the dexnav for the battle frontier and it's not hard to guess what they will prefer.
>>
>>32384893
Lol dont say bs most pokemon players are adults and the kids of 90s.
>>
>>32384940
>most people who browse /vp/

FTFY
>>
>>32381015
It was ok.
None of the Pokemon games have really been bad. I enjoyed it only for the secret bases though, after I was done with Platinum flagging my base I was pretty much done with the game (although I go back to visit). I wish SM had bases but I love SM regardless due to the bug types.
>>
>>32384813
>he thinks that argument is retarded
>even when he admits it keeps being used after this long
If they keep using it is because it's true and nobody has made a counter argument to it.
>>
>>32385144
What's there to do with secret bases in ORAS? My friends don't play it anymore.
>>
>>32385161
Well they are in denial.
>>
I really like the features in ORAS, like the map on the bottom screen that made the water areas less bad, the improved story (though I don't like Wally's new theme), the soaring, and the dex nav, as well as the fact that everything doesn't have a completely ass level up movepool anymore.

Honestly, my problem with ORAS is that it's very easy. It's like they buffed you, but trainers are really easy to beat. Even XY had crazy coverage on lots of stuff mid and late game, while ORAS basically goes back to level up movepool again. It's also possible to end up overlevelled without the exp share. Overall, it ends up being blander than I had hoped, despite having a fantastic time on my first playthrough.
>>
>>32384235
>I don't know what the word remake means
>>
>>32384385
>Not including walking Pokémon
>Not including Build-A-Safari Zone
>Not including the Shiny Leaves
>Not inclduing the Battle Frontier
>Not including the Celebi event where we see Silver's backstory
>Not including the event with Spiky-Ear Pichu
>Not including the event with Sinjoh Ruins and the Mystri Stage
I mean if you're going to be that generous with ORAS, so much in fact that you even put the fucking BuzzNav on the list, you could at least show HGSS the dame treatment.
>>
File: IMG_20170423_105307.jpg (231KB, 540x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170423_105307.jpg
231KB, 540x565px
>>32383605
Oh, that's interesting, because how darkest can be a future SM sequel?, when this for me is the darkest or with more adult content game in the whole franchise?
>>
>>32386165
>literally all gimmicks and copy and paste
Not exactly helping anon.
>>
>>32386165 #
>Not including walking Pokémon
Copy pasted from Yellow, DP, Platinum
>Not including Build-A-Safari Zone
You don't really create a Safari Zone. Its just a Safari Zone, nothing different. You just swap a few tiles.
>Not including the Shiny Leaves
Because it is too minor. It would be like if I included that can now make selfies with your Pokemon in contests in the Hoenn remakes.
>Not inclduing the Battle Frontier
Copy pasted from Platinum.
>Not including the Celebi event where we see Silver's backstory
>Not including the event with Spiky-Ear Pichu
>Not including the event with Sinjoh Ruins and the Mystri Stage
You realize those were not enjoyed by the majority of players of HGSS? Because they are events?

You actually reinforce my statement: HGSS copy pasted, ORAS created new content.
>>
>>32386729
>wew guys I was afraid we would see all of that in the game because it would be copy-pasting and I was so relieved when I saw they didn't include them at all. Thanks GF!!!
>>
>>32381093
Just remember, Zinnia replaced the battle frontier
>>
>>32387014
thanks obama
>>
>>32384385
>pokeathelon
>route 47 and 48
>safari zone
>updated pokedex and pokemon locations
>adding back viridian forest, the pewter museum and cerulean cave
>changing the layout of mt silver, whirl islands, ice path and bell tower
>adding personalities to the antagonists
>refining the experience in several ways with additions like a permanent run button, color coding the stats affected by natures, a touch screen menu
>more people to add to your pokegear for rematches and the ability to add them all
>actual story and overworld events related to the legendary pokemon rather than just catching them in a hole
>catching the most legendaries in game up to that point
>catching both box legendaries in one game
>Voltorb Flip

You see, your problem is you think a pokemo game needs to have more to be better. The best games (HGSS and BW2) were more content with smaller additions that do nothing but refine the experience. Now go on and tell me whey anything I listed """"doesnt count""""

I mean, you included Buzznav and catching Deoxys as significant features and didnt mention that Dexnav is just the BW2 Habitat list, but yeah.
>>
>>32381015

I can never forgive GF for not only leaving the BF out, but teasing us with it anyways.

And I felt the same way on release. Lost all motivation to play it around fortree. But months later I tried it out again and really enjoyed it. Hits me right in the nostalgia. Also the feel of being a kid going on a new adventures every day with the mirage spots is really cool.
>>
>>32387439
How did GF tease it?

And yeah after years of having dropped it it feels great to come back. It feels so comfy and safe.
>>
>>32387809
like this
>>32383901
>>
>>32387426
You realise you're just proving his point right.
Also the bell tower only had one floor change.
>>
>>32381015
Dex Nav was honestly one of the coolest new additions ever. It actually made me want to catch Pokemon and should have been a staple of the series.

As to the game. Mon variety was kind of poor, especially in other trainers.

Gym leaders should have retained their Emerald teams....especially the Twins.

Team Aqua/Magma team variety is fucking awful and inexcusable. There is enough water mon in Hoenn to give Archie, the Admins and Wallace unique teams.
>>
>>32384385
by this logic, Gen I is the best gen.
It got more new content than any other gen.
>>
>>32388622
no, by that logic reach to that conclusion is impossible
>>
>>32388696
No.
Gen I introduced Battles, catching pokemon, pokedex, gym leaders, elite four, champion, moves, TMs, legendary pokemon, I could go on...
If we are gonna to care only about new content, then Gen I is easily the best.
>>
>>32388377
>everything you can do is proving his point
That's the sign of a poor argument. Where no matter what you say, I'm still right
>>
File: 1491129502083.png (185KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1491129502083.png
185KB, 430x430px
>people still bitching about ORAS
Christ, get over it, Hoennbabies. It was a passable remake; not as outstanding as FRLG or HGSS for that matter, but it was far from point-blank rock-bottom for the franchise.
>>
>>32388889
>>32388946
shut up op
>>
>>32383610
>>32383643

>(lazily) used the future entralink sprites for walking pokemon

Pretty sure it was the other way around pal. BW and HGSS may have been in development at the same time but they wouldn't have made overworld sprites for every single Pokemon if it was just meant to be used in the entralink. That's a fuck ton of work for such a small feature that wouldn't even require overworld sprites in the first place.

No, overworld sprites were made for HGSS and then the BW team is the one who (lazily) used the assets. The other way around wouldn't make any sense.
>>
>>32388848
He's saying that HGSS introduced very little new elements.
The only thing that can be considered mee in you list is the pokeathlon and the two routes.

The pokedex shuffled around a few Mon and only added the cross gens. Of which a few weren't available like magnezone, Probopass and the gen 4 Eeveelutions because the location based evo mechanic was removed.
Viridian Forest, Pewter Museum and Cerulan cave are copy and pasted from FRLG with a graphical update.
Mt. Silver and Whirl Islands were simplified while the ice path and bell tower was nearly exactly the same bar the one extra floor in the bell tower which was just a singular floor.
The rest of your post is just you listing things that are in just about every game or just complete lies seeing as HGSS still boasts the most barebones story next to RBY and just about every legend that wasn't a roamer or Suicune was found in a random area without an event like the weather trio, Mewtwo, the birds and so on. The worst part is that they never explain why they're there and in the case of the weather trio it doesn't fit any of the establishes story or lore.
Then you've listed something that was in the original game to begin with.

Also you go on about "refining the formula" yet we have several instances where HGSS does the exact opposite such as the location based evos being removed.

Come on man. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that you're fanboying instead of making a reasonable rebuttal to his post.
>>
>>32384813
>the completely fucking retarded complaint about the lack of a Battle Frontier is still being used 2 and a half years later
>>
>>32389031
>The other way around wouldn't make any sense.
>its impossible for a game that went into development first to have its assets used in a game developed alongside it

You might just be retarded.
Those sprites don't even fit with the aesthetic in HGSS and you're forgetting that those sprites were designed for the dreamworld Pokémon, you know an extremely large part of the game that had far more time and effort put into it than the walking pokemon and pokeathlon.
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (738KB, 1092x1610px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
738KB, 1092x1610px
>>
>>32389178
>optimizes the touch screen
>scratching the fuck out of a capacitive touchscreen in a barely responsive minigame is optimizing
What now?
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (34KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
34KB, 400x551px
>>32389221
>defending ORAS
>>
>>32389059
I listed ways the games added original content over the base games, gold and silver. Which is what the post I was replying to was about.

And you're saying the lore for the Embedded Tower doesnt fit any established lore relating to the weather trio? Despite the tower being built on the edge of a cliff so it hit land, sea and sky?

The rest of your post is saying why changes I listed "dont count:" when one of his points was catching a pokemon.

or saying unrelated stuff because ways it didnt refine the formula take away from the times it does, apparently.
>>
>>32389221
Just like the people who broke their circle pad playing smash bros, you are just retarded if you managed to do that
>>
>>32389237
>implying both aren't shit for different reasons
>>
>>32389250
You've never actually played the pokeathlon have you. The rapid tapping and scratching needed to play the events puts Ranger to shame.
Basically one slip while playing or a tiny object on the screen and that's it.
>>
>>32389245
>added original content over the base games
>base games
If you look at his post its clear that he's talking about the series as opposed to the original games.
At this point you're trying to move the goalposts to save face.

>Despite the tower being built on the edge of a cliff so it hit land, sea and sky?
Yeah because that's all there is to the lore and story.
What about the orbs that were never meant to leave Pyre? And this unexplained jade orb?
Then there's the fact that Groudon and Kyogre either went back to their slumber in hoenn or were captured after the events of RSE.
There's also no reason for that tower to event exist.

>when one of his points was catching a pokemon
As much as a stretch that was its more notable than what you provided as its the first instance of a mythical being available outside of events and other special circumstances. Needless to say that does count as something new to the series.

>ways it didnt refine the formula take away from the times it does
It didn't refine the formula at all anon. Even the pokegear call function was refined in Emerald with the match call seeing as you can have every rematch trainer on it and there was no limit.

Are you beginning to understand now?

Going back to your original post though you also seem to have a few misconceptions about both ORAS and HGSS since you think the dexnav in the former is just a habitat dex when it can force encounters and show you the moves, ability and if the wild pokemon has perfect IVs up to 3.
For the latter both of the box legends being available in one game which as you know was the case in the originals and not unique to the remake and as such isn't new.
>>
>>32389487
Not him, but if you are complaining about Groundon and Kyogre in HGSS, why aren't you complaining about all the legendaires in Mirage spots in ORAS? Their lore are literally thrown into the garbage.
>>
>>32388978
I'm OP and I was bitching about it a bit in my post.
>>
>>32389221
t. hamhands
>>
>>32389178
>lying on the internet
SAD¡
>>
>>32389534
Why would I complain about that? The legends come out of Hoopa's rings that connect to different worlds. As lazy as not giving them over world models was it doesn't contradict any lore.
>>
Emeraldisbetter.jpg
>>
>>32389620
only if you include the special/physical split hack
>>
Hoe do I start a new game?
I transferred all my pokemon to bank and I wanted to do another run.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>32389178
>That last sentence
>"why do you want Battle Frontier? Just go play angry birds like kids these days do"
>>
>>32389613
>lazy
we agree on that. But where are the kimono girls for Ho-oh? Where are the truth and ideals? You don't need orbs or nothing similar for gen IV legendaries.
>>
>>32389628
same as sun moon i think, hold b+x+up at the tittle scream
>>
>>32389656
>But where are the kimono girls for Ho-oh? Where are the truth and ideals? You don't need orbs or nothing similar for gen IV legendaries.
That's the thing Hoopa works as a loophole of sorts because it can tear them from other worlds.
It could have just plucked Ho-oh or Zekrom out of a world where it was just summoned see what I mean?
>>
>>32389675
Yes, you could bring them from nowhere ,but why didn't they run away from the battle like the legendary beasts? The legendary beasts never wanted to battle anyone, only Suicune after seeing the protagonist of HGSS a few times. Why would Zekrom or Reshiram care about any random trainer that don't have truth or ideals?
>>
>>32389675
>>32389709
how bored are you two?
>>
>>32389709
Now we're delving into more headcanon areas but I would say the fact that they've been ripped out of their own world by another pokemon has something to do with it.

>>32389723
Very.
>>
>>32389761
Yes, they are there.
But they can just run away. What stops them?
Yes anon, ORAS killed their lore.
>>32389723
Very.
>>
>>32389784
>But they can just run away.
Not him but you can apply that to just about any battle legendary or not. What does that have to do with lore anyway?
>>
>>32389811
Because the first time you saw the legendary beasts in Gen II, instead of they staying there, they deicided to run.
This implies that if the pokemon don't want to battle, they will leave. Other legendaries don't leave, because they probably want a battle, or you have the right item, or they are summoned or anything.
>>
>>32389831
>Because the first time you saw the legendary beasts in Gen II, instead of they staying there, they deicided to run.
Yes and?
What of they came from a world where they want to fight or were fighting with Hoopa before being sent? You aren't thinking in terms of multiple worlds.
Word of advice too, don't use mechanics to argue lore and story. They're two different things.
>>
>>32389862
>You aren't thinking in terms of multiple worlds
again, killing their lore.
Their lore implies that they were revived by Ho-oh. Therefore, there are only one of each of them. And they always fleed from the battle. The exception is Suicune, who decide to not run after seeing Gold/Lyra several times.
If anything, if you wanna talk about multiverse, introduce a new lore to them, no one never introduced one, and if you introduce one, you will kill the old one.
Also, >>32389723 a second answer.
I don't consider their legendaries from another regions canon. My only problem is that the other anon were complaining about Groudon and Kyogre in HGSS and saying that he don't have a problem with ORAS. At least, HGSS tried to do something similar to their lore, like FRLG, but this ORASshill was defeding plotholes in ORAS.
>hey kid, do you wanna a legendary? here's one for one reason
>>
>>32389934
>for no reason
fixed
>>
>>32389934
>Their lore implies that they were revived by Ho-oh. Therefore, there are only one of each of them.
That's a lot of headcanon dude. For starters being revived by Ho-oh doesn't meant that there aren't multiple just that a Raikou, Suicune and Entei were revived.
Secondly you're still thinking in terms of one world. Where one has them avoid fighting another could have them be aggressive.

>you will kill the old one.
Yeah because Earth 2 and their natives were retconned completely when DC established a multiverse. Believe it or not the two can exist at the same time.

>but this ORASshill was defeding plotholes in ORAS
But what plothole?
It doesn't contradict anything.
>>
>>32390010
>That's a lot of headcanon dude. For starters being revived by Ho-oh doesn't meant that there aren't multiple just that a Raikou, Suicune and Entei were revived.
alright, so give me a proof that there are more than one of each.
>DC Comics
let's talk about pokemon
>It doesn't contradict anything.
Alright, so explain to me why didn't the legendary beasts fleed from the battle. Why Zekrom or Reshiram care about any random trainer that don't have truth or ideals?
>>
>>32390039
>so give me a proof that there are more than one of each.
Burden of proof is on you. You're the one claiming that there's only one set when there's nothing to suggest otherwise.
Also alternate worlds, again. Even if there's one set another can be introduced from another world.

>let's talk about pokemon
A series that has just established alternate worlds exist complete with time desync? I don't see how that's going to help your argument.

>Alright, so explain to me why didn't the legendary beasts fleed from the battle. Why Zekrom or Reshiram care about any random trainer that don't have truth or ideals?
Maybe because they come from different worlds? We already know that there are differences between them like the megaless world and time desynced alola.
Until we see which universe they come from there's no contradiction in the lore because we know nothing of the lore of the world thy come from.
>>
>>32390125
>Burden of proof is on you.
No, it's up to you. What I'm saying is: ORAS is killing their lore.
>I don't see how that's going to help your argument
yeah, and DC comics will help you.
>Maybe
I don't even have to read the rest. You are saying maybe and you want a burden of proof from me? don't came here with "maybe".
>>
>>32390143
>ORAS is killing their lore.
How when the lore of the world they come from hasn't been established?
You can't contradict something that doesn't exist yet.

>yeah, and DC comics will help you.
Of course. It's an example of an alternate universe not retconning the previous one as you seem to suggest.

>You are saying maybe and you want a burden of proof from me? don't came here with "maybe".
Its not a literal maybe anon. I'm making fun of you and your lack of understanding here.

You might as well just stop posting anon your whining is getting old.
>>
>>32390143
Nigga you're the one saying there are only one set of the legends. You have to prove that there's only one.
>>
>>32390213
>You can't contradict something that doesn't exist yet.
Exists from their original game anon. You're the one talking about multiverse. And you don't wanna give any proof of this. It's just your personal headcannon.
>DC again
not even gonna care. you may talk about time travelling if you want.
>Its not a literal maybe anon.
yes, it was. You don't have a real argument.
>I'm making fun of you
And I'm giving too much attention to you.

Since you talked about the burden of proof, I will talk about Occam's razor.
In our discussion,the option with the fewest assumptions is that the producers were lazy and didn't even care about the lore, pretty much giving those pokemon as a fan service.
understand this: maybe is not an argument.
if anything, don't ignore my questions about Legendary beasts (they don't run from the battle), zekrom, reshram (Brendan don't have truth and ideals) and see that their appearance contradicts their lore.
talk about multiverse how much you want, you don't have a proof of this.

>>32390234
not me, the game. play by yourself.
>>
I'm not defending ORAS, but come on. Those games weren't even to be made. They did it to stop all the stupid HOENN CUNFIRMED meme. ORAS is just a meme that went too far. And it's not like people actually wanted it.
>>
>>32383629
>easier
Maybe it's just because I'm crazy enough to play the games just to explore, but I was half glad of this.
>Go to that fucking cave
>Just get a cutscene right in the door instead of having to actually go through it.
>Exp distributed to everyone.
>>
>>32390254
>not me, the game
The game literally has multiple legendaries you retard. But hey I could list how the beasts were in Kanto before they were awoken in GSC or how the Birds were in Plat and HGSS when they occur in the same time frame but knowing you you'll just ignore everything like you've been doing this entire thread and go
>nononono THAT'S HEADCANON

Then there's Hoopa who abducted different legends from another world, that we know exists because ORAS brought up the old world and SM literally gives us the ability to travel to another Alolasome, and dumped them on the mirage islands.

Find anything that goes against this you little shit.
>>
>>32390254
>Exists from their original game anon
And who said they came from there? Where's your evidence?

>And you don't wanna give any proof of this. It's just your personal headcannon.
The proof is the fact that there are at least 3 different alternate pokemon worlds at this point in time and that hoopa is bringing them from different worlds via the rings.

I think the question to you right now should be what makes them impossible?

>you may talk about time travelling if you want
And how is that relevant to anything?

>You don't have a real argument.
Maybe that's because you didn't read it?
Take note of the use of maybe here you might learn something.

>In our discussion,the option with the fewest assumptions is that the producers were lazy and didn't even care about the lore, pretty much giving those pokemon as a fan service.
You do realise you've presented two assumptions here right?
One being that they took the easy way and another being that they didn't care about the lore. The latter being disproved outright as they didn't present it in a way that ruins pre-established lore.

>maybe is not an argument.
You don't have a very good grasp of the English language, do you.

>you don't have a proof of this
Aside from multiple worlds being established in game and the nature of Hoopa's rings
Do you have anything within the games that contradicts this?
>>
You know, my money's on the "two" of them being one really fucking bored guy.
>>
>>32391593
That's retarded.
>>
>>32390271
>They did it to stop all the stupid HOENN CUNFIRMED meme
no they did it for $$$$$$ because anything with the Pokemon title sells. Attach nostalgia and you have a bestseller
>>
>>32390271
I miss the HOENN CONFIRMED meme
>>
>>32392008
They actually believed they would make money with it because they took the meme too seriously.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.