[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did you talk about pokemon before /vp/ was a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 45433.png (236KB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
45433.png
236KB, 374x400px
Where did you talk about pokemon before /vp/ was a thing?
>>
>>32380783
With my friends
>>
pkmn Forums and GPXPlus Forms
>>
>>32380783
G+
>>
>>32380792
And Showdown.
>>
Early years:
-Random Pokemon fansites chatrooms
-UPNetwork
-Euro-Asia Game Boy

Mid years:
-GaiaOnline
-/v/

Late years:
-GaiaOnline
-/vp/
>>
>>32380792
>>32380812
Have you been on /vp/ for awhile and just randomly decide to trip or did you just start coming here a few weeks ago? Genuinely curious.
>>
orkut
>>
r/pokemon

I still do, occasionally
>>
Animexx.
>>
Nowhere.

I'm too anxious to post anywhere in a non-anonymous manner.
>>
With friends.

Habbo and serebii as far as the internet goes. Also /b/ and /v/.
>>
>>32381731
>reddit

Gross.

I used to go on Gamefaqs. Then /v/. Fun times.
>>
Mainly Serebii at first along with The PokeMasters and Marriland. Then /v/.
>>
>>32381690
A year ago and just randomly decide to trip
>>
Judging from the websites posted, people on /vp/ are a problem. Faggots. All of you. We should purge everyone and start over. Including me.
>>
>>32381835
No. You just don't get enough attention IRL so you need to be an attention whore on here.

Its sad, really.
>>
>>32381665
Wow interesting to see UPN be mentioned on here. I'm an admin there now lol.
>>
File: IMG_20170422_153747_870.jpg (74KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_153747_870.jpg
74KB, 600x900px
>>32382310
>>32381690
>>
>>32382331
I never got why anyone would bother to be a mod or an admin for an online community. It just reeks of desperation and a need to feel important.
>>
>>32382358
I don't have much of a social life and have a lot of free time. It's also a pretty small community so I don't really do very much moderating.

Most of my time on it is taken up by PASBL and other games hosted on it.
>>
>>32382376
>I don't have much of a social life

Bingo. I knew you were a loser.
>>
Pe2k. RIP in Peace.
>>
>>32382387
You're spending your free time on a weekend posting on 4chan so I'm not sure you have much of a place to come from.
>>
With friends sometimes. Mostly just kept it to myself.
>>
>>32382393
You're a mod for some shitty online community while I'm spending few minutes of my free time trolling on 4chan.

Whatever makes you feel better. You're still a loser regardless of what I say or do.
>>
File: kongratssmall.gif (2MB, 317x233px) Image search: [Google]
kongratssmall.gif
2MB, 317x233px
>>32382417
Whatever makes you feel smug and superior.
>>
>>32380783

Serebii
Gamefaqs
random sites and forums found using google
with IRL friends (still do this)
/v/

People say the early years of this game were "pre-internet", but that's not exactly true. Pokémon has had an online presence since it first came out. It's just that the rumors you would find online were almost as bad as the ones you would hear in real life.
>>
>>32380783
friendcodes.com in 2009/2010/2011
came to 4chan in 2012 and started lurking here after BW2

I didn't even lurk /vp/ for rom dumps of BW2, I think I was lurking gbatemp or some random site for that

Honestly think 4chan is the best format for talking about Pokemon, but I haven't made many online friends since I started lurking here, lost nearly all my old ones, maybe I should try out discord or something.
>>
>>32381835
Reminder that using a trip when it's not necessary should get people gassed
>>
File: marina_by_kouotsu.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
marina_by_kouotsu.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>>32382347
>>32364301
>>32364305
>I'm not a degenerate furry I swear!
>named yourself after reshiram's crotch
>>
>>32382331
Poster you quoted here, I didn't know it was still a thing, I remember it shutting down and moving on. I don't do the whole community thing much anymore, outside of the occasional visits to Gaiaonline.
>>
>>32382554
I really really really like this picture.
>>
>>32382564
It's been revived a few times over the years and is much, much smaller than it was ages ago. It's mostly just a niche community these days.
>>
The last time I checked UPN network it was around the time ORAS was coming out and I saw a bunch of people whining that Hoenn was getting a remake because it was after the fad/nostalgia era of pokemon ended. I also remember some whiny Misty fans there whining how Misty had to return to the anime, or some other such nonsense. I just assumed they were all genwunners there.
>>
>>32382590
>>32382574
I'm talking like early 2000s, G/S was already out, use to post findings (Pokemon locations, hidden items, etc). Use to download RealPlayer (.rm) episodes someone posted on the forums and still have a burned CD with them on it, the quality was SHIT.
>>
>>32382590
There are definitely some genwunners still hanging around and just some general weirdos but it's pretty chill otherwise. It's a mix of underage b& and college kids who are there for the games and lifers who have nothing better to do. It's not for everyone, especially considering some of the lifers are pretty obnoxious.
>>
>>32382649
What's weird is that I remember the people whining about Misty or Kanto/Johto were young fans. Like I would check their profiles and their ages only said 16-17...which means they weren't even born when the original Kanto saga was airing or Red/Blue came out. They would have been born around the year 2000-2001 when Johto was halfway in.

So I don't even know why they would even care. By the time they were kids Hoenn would have been going on since in the U.S. it came out in 2003.
>>
>>32382665
I have no clue man.
>>
>>32382423
You still waste time modding online

LOL
>>
>>32380783
I had this circle of people I'd only known online since I was 12. About 30 people. We knew each other only on a few forum, and never shared any real life information. Half of them were Pokemon fans, I introduced other half to Pokemon, and it resulted in many fun conversations.

Shit happened, some got addicted on making game engines, which they are still working on, some got busy with work, and the forums just got a lot less active a couple years ago. I was out of any place for a while, I had seen /vp/ back in the tripfagging days. Returned to see it was just as cancerous, but didn't have anywhere else to go, so stayed here.
>>
>>32382376
HE
DOES
IT
FOR
FREE
>>
/tr/
>>
/po/, in 420chan.

It's still the only thing worth on that imageboard.
>>
>>32382423
you are a nice anon chief, what do you do for a living?
>>
Pokébeach
some times Poké Jungle
Not so much lately.
/vp/ is cool simply because we can curse all we want.
>>
151chan
>>
File: grumporky.png (60KB, 325x292px) Image search: [Google]
grumporky.png
60KB, 325x292px
>>32380783
>tfw nobody remember's mew's hangout
>>
>>32380783
With friends I used to have
>>
>>32385428
I used to love the shitty fics there, and that fusion tutorial was like magic to little me
>>
>>32380783
Deviantart
Youtube
Bulbapedia
Serebii
Any Pokemon forum I could find
Tumblr

/vp/ is the only place I ever visit nowadays. I don't like browsing the Internet as much as what I used to.
>>
Pkmn.net (yeah, that was a thing), serebii, bulbagarden for a very brief period. It's been almost 10 years since I've used any of them, fuck.
>>
>>32384862
Paralegal, though about to start grad school in the fall.
>>
I used to talk about it constantly with the people at school who were not at all interested and didn't even like me
>>
>>32381749
Gamefaqs is at least 10 times more cringeworthy boyo
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.