[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideal Pokemon Game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: fj9o9fj0f7899838328.png (151KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fj9o9fj0f7899838328.png
151KB, 600x600px
Alright /vp/. It seems apparent that no matter GAMEFREAK's efforts, you shitters will still not be satisfied...

So talk to me straight. What is the ideal Pokemon game? How do you want a Pokemon game to be? The more detail the merrier.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Good plot
Cross evolutions
More megas
An interesting rival
A badass and unique evil team
Exploration oriented post game
Region basrd on somewhere thatx not usa or japan
>>
File: birb.jpg (8KB, 149x131px) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
8KB, 149x131px
I just want a game that has soul and is actually fucking finished.
>>
>>32379906
... So, Alola minus the more Megas things?
>>
>>32379788
graphics of alola, but with twice the explorable areas, fully utilized landscapes, longer routes with more side paths for hidden items or pokemon (hell we could bring back the hidden grottos).

more evos and megas, and the weaker pokemon that deserve an EVO, will get an EVO, not just a temporary one. im looking at you Sableye.

an evil team who actually has a threatening presence, almost succeeds in their plans, and has a powerful team to boot

pull a longer delta episode in the postgame, and design third legends the way they used to be, as in powerful balances to the other two. dont even need a third version if they pull a delta episode on us
>>
>>32380003
by weaker mons i mean stuff like Luvdisc Delibird Stunfisk Spinda, pretty much all the useless single stage mons with no stats or moves
>>
I just want the battle frontier that was in emerald to be included in the post game. Also don't make questionable nerfs (gengar)
>>
>>32380012
Dunsparce too, though its movepool is fine
>>
>>32380012
You don't understand the point of these pokémon.This video will make you understand.
https://youtu.be/PvY6YQH9kE4
>>
>>32379944
>Good plot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ5xrLZwkdo

this sounds amazing!
>>
There is one primary matter to deal with: story. I never found being the best to be an adequate premise. We need something to fight for. We can have wild pokemon and villain bosses alike. Every other RPG can do it, why can't we? Having a rich, expansive environment to suit this would be somewhat problematic, though, since this insists on being on handhelds to facilitate trading. We all know that is no longer necessary. Regardless, it is possible to make really gorgeous environments on a handheld. All of this can be done already, but it would be significantly better on a stronger system.

That's just for keeping things as they are, though. For other gameplay types, there is even more potential. We can have action adventure games, action RPGs, and even the much called for Snap. There's plenty they can do. Why they haven't done it is a mystery to me.
>>
>>32379788
>Gamefreak
>effort
Tippiest of top keks

Let's see...
>less casualization/more difficulty
>less genwun pandering. Christ on ice, I'm sick of seeing all the G1 mons getting cool shit while there are HUNDREDS MORE that needs some love.
>removal of two-game business model, just give us one fucking game where we catch them all without resorting to wifi whoring
>a plot with effort into it. I don't need something with mindblowing twists and ultra-compelling characters, I just want something with effort put into it
>post-game longevity, like a New Game Plus feature. Who doesn't want to tear through the whole game with a high-level team of their bros after completing it once?

And that's all it takes. College kids jacked up on red bull with a budget of twenty dollars have created better games in their free time than a multi million dollar gaming company.
>>
>>32381974
>College kids jacked up on red bull with a budget of twenty dollars have created better games in their free time than a multi million dollar gaming company.
Which is probably why they didn't earn millions.
>>
>>32380012
Evolve: stantler, noctowl, qwifish, corsola, chimecho, cherrim, sentret, purugly, dunsparce, delibird, girafarig, luvdisc, sunflora and swanna
>>
Also: starters with unique type: fire/ghost, water/bug, grass/ice, grass/electric etc
>>
File: 1492828284136.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492828284136.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
>>32382093
>Evolve sentrent
how dare you forget about furret anon.
>>
>>32379788
I just want a game where Gamefreak doesn't remove 1/3rd of the features they introduced in the previous game

I'd also like to see a PTS for Pokemon. I wanna see Gamefreak actively at least TRY to balance their game. There should be a game mode in multiplayer where Gamefreak introduces balance changes, people test out said changes, and then the people can vote on said changes whether the changes get introduced in the actual game or not.

In the maingame, I'd like to see more puzzles. Puzzles seem to become more and more scarce since 5th gen. I wanna see more optional areas open up in earlier routes when you progress through the game.
>>
>>32381997
That's because Nintendo and TPCi would shut them down faster than an American Airport when they spot a Muslim if they even had the audacity to sell the games for a profit.
>>
>>32379788
When you put two Pokemon in the daycare, you have the option to watch
>>
>>32382313
Just a minor nitpick: you don't need to say "Nintendo and TPCi" since not only is TPCi a subsidiary of TPC but TPC itself is a joint venture by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures.
>>
>>32379788
I want a non-linear Pokemon game. Gym Leaders will have specific sets of Pokemon teams depending on how many badges you have obtained. You can explore and take on any gym you want.

Larger dungeons. Make the forests with paths that have stronger and rare pokemon as you continue. Caves should contain fossils the deeper you go. More ways to encounter Pokemon.

More sidequests. Chasing Pokethiefs, catching runaway Pokemon, fishing different sized Pokemon, defending against waves of trainers, tackling and tracking Boss Pokemon (like Totem pokemon)

Get rid of the fucking levels. There is no need to have levels anymore. There would be no more level curves resulting in larger regions. This makes the player rely on type matchups more, instead of just having an overleveled mon. It would go something like this:

>Basic=Basic<S1=S1<S2=S2<ME=ME<Legendaries=Legendaries/UB=UB

Obviously stats would still be in the game. Pokeathlon and other minigames, as long as battling contribute to stats.
>>
>>32379788
>120-135 new Pokemon
>10-15 cross gen evolutions
>20 megas
>1 region variant from every gen before
>Allow all megastones to be accessible without events
>No event only pokemon
>Get ride of trad evolution
>Less kanto pandering
>Try not to make to many shitmons or broken legendaries
>Difficulty settings
>Selecting what to use exp. Share on
>>
>>32382672
And more emphasis on completing the Pokedex. All Pokemon are available to catch in the game. Fuck Version exclusives
>>
File: 1479721175898.jpg (232KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
1479721175898.jpg
232KB, 1500x844px
>>32379788
- Open World: All the sections in the game are one and the same: You don't enter to "another dimension" each time you enter a building or a cave.
- Battles don't interrupt your overworld experience. Battles are no longer turn based and are fought in the overworld. Other variables like agressiveness of each Pokemon get more relevance. Squeeze this feature in battles against Legendaries.
- Give a lot of detail to both landscape and detail in how Pokemon interact with the environment. Flesh out the current Pokedex descriptions into something the player can witness firsthand. Make completing the Pokedex an experience instead of a pain.
- You can use every attack in the overworld.
- Borrow features from Breath of the Wild, like Fly (like OR/AS but well made) or Waterfall; and rethink traditional exploration features like Dive or Surf.
- Main story should not be very long and further details should be told both through aesthetics and through the curiosity of the player and not through cutscenes, a la Dark Souls. Give enough cliffhangers and plot holes for fanon reasons.
- Make main story speedrunnable in less than one hour, but depending on the percentage of completion the player wants, it can extend up to 50 hours of gameplay, effectively blurring the line between game and postgame.
- Return of companion Pokemon, like HG/SS.
- No new Pokemon. There are too many and integrating them all in the games gets increasingly difficult.

In other words, I would be happy with a Pokemon mod of Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>32381974
The difference is where these millions go.
The Pokemon Company spends absurd amounts of money on marketing instead of development.
Pokemon Red is one of the most expensive games ever created. A better Game Boy RPG game could be created by a D&D group of friends, with some thousand dollars. And the most expensive thing would be the Nintendo license.

Where did all that money go? Marketing. They spent so much in marketing that between 1998 and 2000 Pokemon was everywhere you went. Every line of products imaginable had the face of Ash, Charmander or Pikachu slapped on it.

Source: https://books.google.cl/books?id=U7hthImoc5AC&pg=PA66&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
>>32384170
They marketed it a lot because Ishihara was expecting to finish the franchise with the first movie as well as Gold and Silver.
>>
>>32384170
The Pokémon Company didn't even exist when Red and Green were made.
>>
>>32384190
Well, NOA as stated in the source.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.