[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which generation had the most shitmon and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-314Illumise.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-314Illumise.png
48KB, 250x250px
Which generation had the most shitmon and why?
>>
>>32378027
Johto or hoenn because they're the fucking worst
>>
>>32378027
Shitmons in terms of competitivieness (or lack of): Johto followed by Hoenn.
Shitmons in terms of bad design: Unova
>>
>>32378029
>Johto
>about 11 new lines
>most shitmon
wew laddie
>>
>>32378027
Johto and Alola (literally everything is shit there except UB's, UB counters, and Legends)
>>
>>32378027
It's a complex question because of powercreep. Currently Gen 1 has the most shitmons because out the 151 Pokémon, only a couple of them are useful in the current meta. Alolan forms do not apply.
>>
Gen 2
>>
Alola. Johto gets way too much flak.
>>
Gen 1 and 8
>>
>>32378027
gen 5 and 4
i fucking hate them with a burning passion
>>
Your favorite generation.

If we look at competitive viability, either Kanto or Johto, thanks to power creep. Possibly Unova due to the large number of new Pokemon at the time.
>>
>>32378027
Alola and Johto. Johto gave everything low bst while Alola had bad distribution. But if you count none legendary Pokemon we have Scizor , T-tar, and maybe quagsire. The only one to come to mind in Alola is toxapex
>>
File: 186Politoed.png (161KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
186Politoed.png
161KB, 408x600px
Johto gave us this abortion. It alone makes it worse than every other gen.
>>
>>32378027
Lol all the newbie fagboy spergs dissing the johto. Must suck to be a fucking loser.
>>
>>32378027
Each one of them have a lot of shitmons but I'll say Johto and Alola combined have a lot of shitmons.
>>
>>32380670
This pretty much

Although I feel like they're slightly different in their shittiness: Alolan shitmons tend to be poorly-executed gimmicks, whereas Johto shitmons are usually just saddled with bad stats / typing / movepool / abilities.
>>
Reminder that Ditto is the most shit mon there is.
It's so bad it has to become something else to be any good.
It's only use is to sit in the nursery and get fucked.
>>
Gen 5. Only one good starter line. 3 extra lines of ugly ass monkeys to make up for starters but are even worse. Wannabe Chansey/Blissey, Basculin, Not a Taurus-Related mon, Not a Luvdisc evo, Archeops getting dicked in 3D and worst ability ever.
>>
>>32378027
proportionally? probably 2nd or 6th gen, but that's because of their size. In sheer volume? 3rd, hands down.
>>
>>32381372
Finally someone who makes sense
>>
>>32378027
Unova

Because they were trying to make a new/reboot/homage to gen 1 but gen 1 had already had a shitload of cross-gen evos and Unova never ever got a single one, thereby all of its shitmons were never fixed unlike almost all of gen 1's shitmons
>>
Johto, Johto and Johto.
>>
>>32378027
2 for certain. Only a handful of them are worth anything. Alola is pretty close since I can't even remember most of them, but at least some of them have cool designs. Gen 2 might have that as well, but they mostly fall flat.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.